I'd theorize in the evening

However I can.

I'd theorize danger
I'd theorize a warning
I'd theorize suspicion between my brothers and my sisters

However I can.

It's the theory of injustice
It's the theory of lost freedom
It's the theory about suspicion between my brothers and my sisters.

All over this land.
:lol:

a whole lot more fun than actually reporting on news.....

at some point will anyone be listening?

Wasn't QAnon the last name of the two Nigerian brothers (biological not "home boy") who assaulted Jussie Smollet?
Typhoon

Re: Mainstream and social media matters

Post by Typhoon »

Reason | It's Official: Linguistic Intent No Longer Matters at The New York Times
Pandemic reporter fired after 47 years for using the N-word* in context on a work trip in 2019, as the paper's management buckles to yet another newsroom revolt.
*The N-Word being "Nigger".

A poor choice on the part of the reporter, it's not as if there is a lack of alternatives.

j6o8tvj8VFI
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

I’m white and and have been called a nigger twice. Both times it was a compliment.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:28 am I’m white and and have been called a nigger twice. Both times it was a compliment.
I've been called a lot of things, many less than flattering, but that particular honorific has evaded me - so far.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Colonel Sun wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:36 am
Nonc Hilaire wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:28 am I’m white and and have been called a nigger twice. Both times it was a compliment.
I've been called a lot of things, many less than flattering, but that particular honorific has evaded me - so far.
I was tempted to step up to the plate in an attempt to allow you to "add another feather to your cap" but in the current zeitgeist.....
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

30 years living in an 80% black city was a valuable experience, but now I avoid racial discussions because I’m not familiar with the generally accepted stereotypes.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Colonel Sun wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:39 pm Reason | It's Official: Linguistic Intent No Longer Matters at The New York Times
Pandemic reporter fired after 47 years for using the N-word* in context on a work trip in 2019, as the paper's management buckles to yet another newsroom revolt.
I LOVE IT! As I have said before, this is a self-correcting phenomena. The yute elites at NYC purging their own ranks of anyone willing to discuss anything is a miracle. Young Cannibals eating the elders who taught them the art of Cannabalism.

I can see the career path ladder now. Apprentice Cannibal > Journeyman Cannibal > Master Cannibal > Dinner!

I tried to resolve this:

"—the Times "conducted a thorough investigation and disciplined Donald for statements and language that had been inappropriate and inconsistent with our values,"

with this:

"more than 150 staffers at one of the country's leading newspapers argued that word-choice intentions are "irrelevant," because "what matters is how an act makes the victims feel."

Then realized, what am I doing? There just words. I can ignore them and feel fine.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:06 am
30 years living in an 80% black city was a valuable experience, but now I avoid racial discussions because I’m not familiar with the generally accepted stereotypes.
There's a loaded phrase "generally accepted stereotypes". Of what, by whom? Virtual or reality based?
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

The really humorous part of all this is now that the actual insults have been virtually extinct for decades, those who find that being offended gives them a sense of meaning and purpose, find every possible utterance is an insult.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:06 am
I've visited the city you lived in quite a few times. Interesting place, Has an atmosphere that is quite distinct from other US cities.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:15 am
Colonel Sun wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:39 pm Reason | It's Official: Linguistic Intent No Longer Matters at The New York Times
I LOVE IT! As I have said before, this is a self-correcting phenomena. The yute elites at NYC purging their own ranks of anyone willing to discuss anything is a miracle. Young Cannibals eating the elders who taught them the art of Cannabalism.

I can see the career path ladder now. Apprentice Cannibal > Journeyman Cannibal > Master Cannibal > Dinner!

I tried to resolve this:

"—the Times "conducted a thorough investigation and disciplined Donald for statements and language that had been inappropriate and inconsistent with our values,"

with this:

"more than 150 staffers at one of the country's leading newspapers argued that word-choice intentions are "irrelevant," because "what matters is how an act makes the victims feel."

Then realized, what am I doing? There just words. I can ignore them and feel fine.

Quillete | With a Star Science Reporter’s Purging, Mob Culture at The New York Times Enters a Strange New Phase

McNeil, on the other hand, is being judged according to a theory of wrongdoing that presents certain words or phrases as evil by their mere utterance, as with a Harry Potter spell.

Reality at the NY times is more Monty Pythonesque than Harry Potteresque.

zrzMhU_4m-g
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

More on the other incident and trend mentioned in the Quillete article.

Greenwald | The Journalistic Tattletale and Censorship Industry Suffers Several Well-Deserved Blows
A new and rapidly growing journalistic “beat” has arisen over the last several years that can best be described as an unholy mix of junior high hall-monitor tattling and Stasi-like citizen surveillance. It is half adolescent and half malevolent. Its primary objectives are control, censorship, and the destruction of reputations for fun and power. Though its epicenter is the largest corporate media outlets, it is the very antithesis of journalism. . . .
But this is now the prevailing ethos in corporate journalism. They have insufficient talent or skill, and even less desire, to take on real power centers: the military-industrial complex, the CIA and FBI, the clandestine security state, Wall Street, Silicon Valley monopolies, the corrupted and lying corporate media outlets they serve. So settling on this penny-ante, trivial bullshit — tattling, hall monitoring, speech policing: all in the most anti-intellectual, adolescent and primitive ways — is all they have. It’s all they are. It’s why they have fully earned the contempt and distrust in which the public holds them.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Colonel Sun wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:12 am

Quillete | With a Star Science Reporter’s Purging, Mob Culture at The New York Times Enters a Strange New Phase

McNeil, on the other hand, is being judged according to a theory of wrongdoing that presents certain words or phrases as evil by their mere utterance, as with a Harry Potter spell.

zrzMhU_4m-g
Excellent article CS. thanks. Excellent analogy to the NYT doc. Thanks.

Very similar mentality to the Climate Change religion.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:44 pm
Colonel Sun wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:12 am

zrzMhU_4m-g
Excellent article CS. thanks. Excellent analogy to the NYT doc. Thanks.

Very similar mentality to the Climate Change religion.
It is one and the same thing. Fascists gotta be fascists. A religion in lock jack boot step with fascism is inherent.

Did you know "Niggardly" is a racist word? 20 years ago the city manager of Washington DC got fired for using it in a city "cancel" meeting.

Racist spells. I never thought of that one before...I think you are on to "something"

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=magical+racis ... 8-1&ia=web

4 Spells for Protecting Protesters and Promoting Racial ...
[Search domain tesswhitehurst.com/4-spells-for-protecting-protesters-promoting-racial-justice/] https://tesswhitehurst.com/4-spells-for ... l-justice/
Spell to Help Eradicate Racism in Our World To help speed up the unraveling of structural racism in our world, light a bundle of dried white sage (so it's smoking like incense). Waft the smoke around a globe while slowly spinning the globe in a counterclockwise direction.

A Witch's Sevenfold Waning Moon Spell for Magical ...
[Search domain www.patheos.com/blogs/tempest/2020/06/a ... tance.html] https://www.patheos.com/blogs/tempest/2 ... tance.html
The Sevenfold Waning Moon Spell is a magical resistance working designed to aid in breaking down and banishing systemic racism and destroying white supremacy that feeds it. Every symbol part of ...

Magical Racism | Archive of Our Own
[Search domain archiveofourown.org/tags/Magical Racism] https://archiveofourown.org/tags/Magical Racism
Lust Spell; Magic Made Them Do It; Breeding; Impregnation; Violence; Public Use; forced gender change; Magical Racism; basically just a horrible thing in general; deluded Draco Malfoy; Gangbang; Gang Rape; Summary "Prompt: Magic noncons Hogwarts Students - Only some of the students are hit by the lust spell. They genuflect everyone, including ...

Create a Magical Life with Authentic Light Magic Spells ...
[Search domain www.politicmag.net/press-releases/creat ... 3333-2020/] https://www.politicmag.net/press-releas ... 3333-2020/
30 th October 2020(USA): A magical and blissful life is just a few moments away from you. Jessica Black's Spell Collection offers you the magic spells that can create magic and usher bliss in your life. She is an authentic spell caster with experience, incantations, and ingredients.

Racist Magic: The Gathering cards banned, removed from ...
[Search domain www.polygon.com/2020/6/10/21287154/raci ... ds-apology] https://www.polygon.com/2020/6/10/21287 ... ds-apology
Magic: The Gathering publisher Wizards of the Coast is banning seven racist cards from play and removing them from its database. One card was archived online with a URL that promotes white supremacy.

Spells for a Magical Year - neighbourhoodbooks.com

[Search domain www.neighbourhoodbooks.com/p/non-fictio ... gical-year] https://www.neighbourhoodbooks.com/p/no ... gical-year
The ideal reference for any modern witch, Spells for a Magical Year gives a month-by-month guide to spells, rituals, and enchantments. Using planetary, solar, and other natural influences, as well as the ancient power of pagan holidays, goddess energy, and traditional festive dates--draw upon beneficial universal energy at any time in the year to maximize your spell success.This comprehensive ...

Why I don't say "Racist" - Magical Words episode 1 - YouTube
[Search domain www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAD3k5Fvv3Q] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAD3k5Fvv3Q
The first episode in which I discuss the word "racism" and the general approach to the series. My main channel page: https://www.youtube.com/thedistributist ...

'Magic: The Gathering' bans racist cards from the game ...

[Search domain globalnews.ca/news/7054942/magic-the-gathering-racist-cards-banned/] https://globalnews.ca/news/7054942/magi ... ds-banned/
The publisher behind the popular Magic: The Gathering card game says it has removed several cards with racist artwork and descriptions from its lineup in response to growing outcry over systemic ...

Are the words 'Black Magic' racist? - Quora
[Search domain www.quora.com/Are-the-words-Black-Magic-racist?share=1] https://www.quora.com/Are-the-words-Bla ... st?share=1
This is a old question but ill answer it. Yes. The term black magic is only a few centuries old despite its TV references to medieval times. During the West African slave trade many of the captured Africans practiced what Christians considered pag...

Color Magic: A Witch's Guide to Color Meanings and ...

[Search domain www.allure.com/story/color-magic-witchc ... ings-guide] https://www.allure.com/story/color-magi ... ings-guide
To begin, many modern-day magickal practices stem from African traditions and it's racist and uneducated to conflate "black magick" with the color. Yes, some witches will use a black candle as ...

Real Spells That Work - Proven Success for 50 Years
calastrology.com
Full Money-Back Promise. Customize Any Of Our Spells to Meet Your Needs & See Results! White Magic Spells & Black Magic Spells—You Choose Which
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

I find the spell “Go genuflect yourself” works really well.

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:07 am I find the spell “Go genuflect yourself” works really well.
Especially if you follow it up with "No needledick, you're not listening! I'm not racist, sexist, or blank-o-phobic. I'M AN ASSHOLE!"

Clear communication almost always prevents misunderstandings. :P

I always found the Biblical story about how if you use your talents often, they will multiply, to be very inspirational!!
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Married Americans Keep Voting Red

https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... oting-red/
noddy

Post by noddy »

people with families tend to prefer family oritentated politics - news at nine.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

https://thefreethoughtproject.com/socia ... ing-snitch
New “See Something, Say Something Online Act” Turns Social Media Users Into Spies

The Free Thought Project February 21, 2021
Spread the love

(TAC) Senator Joe Manchin wants to bring DHS’s spy on your neighbors, “If You See, Something Say Something” program to social media, blogs, websites, and much more. Manchin’s bill, the “See Something, Say Something Online Act” would essentially turn social media users into Federal spies by forcing them to report suspicious people to law enforcement.

Just how bad is this bill?

This bill would essentially force anyone on social media to report suspicious “transmissions” to law enforcement.

“Known Suspicious Transmission.—The term ‘‘known suspicious transmission’’ is any suspicious transmission that an interactive computer service should have reasonably known to have occurred or have been notified of by a director, officer, employ, agent, interactive computer service user, or State or Federal law enforcement agency.”

Major Crime —The term ‘‘major crime’’ means a Federal criminal offense that is a crime of violence (as defined 13 in section 16 of title 18, United States Code); relating to domestic or international terrorism (as those terms are defined in section 16 2331 of title 18, United States Code)

What exactly is a known suspicious transmission or major crime?

The term “suspicious transmission” means any public or private post, message, comment, tag, transaction, or any other user-generated content or transmission that commits, facilitates, incites, promotes, or otherwise assists the commission of a major crime.

How could social media users, bloggers, web forum moderators, web conferencing users, etc. know that a comment left or uttered by someone would later lead to them committing a major crime?

The See Something, Say Something Online Act would force social media users into red-flagging every person’s comments just in case someone commits a major crime in the future.

This bill would effectively destroy the First Amendment as we know it, dispelling any vestiges of America still being a free country.

Social media users would be forced to submit a Suspicious Transmission Activity Report (STAR) on suspicious individuals within 30 days.

“In General.—If a provider of an interactive computer service detects a suspicious transmission, the interactive computer service, including any director, officer, employee, agent, or representative of such provider, shall submit to the Department a STAR describing the suspicious transmission in accordance with this section.”

As Reason warned, the See Something, Say Something Online Act would put reporting on your fellow American on steroids. It would create a glut of frivolous reports, including many that are politically motivated, or otherwise disingenuous.

Social media users and law enforcement would keep detailed personal information, including metadata of suspicious people for five years.

“Each STAR submitted under this section shall contain, at a minimum— (1) the name, location, and other such identification information as submitted by the user to the provider of the interactive computer service; (2) the date and nature of the post, message, comment, tag, transaction, or other user-generated content or transmission detected for suspicious activity such as time, origin, and destination; and (3) any relevant text, information, and metadata related to the suspicious transmission.”

Retention Of Records —Each provider of an interactive computer service shall— (A) maintain a copy of any STAR submitted under this section and the original record equivalent of any supporting documentation for the 5-year period beginning on the date on which the STAR was submitted. (B) make all supporting documentation available to the Department and any appropriate law enforcement agencies upon request.”

No one can tell a person that they have been flagged as suspicious.

“Non-Disclosure—Except as otherwise prescribed by the Attorney General, no provider of an interactive computer service, or officer, director, employee, or agent of such a provider, subject to an order under subsection (a) may disclose the existence of, or terms of, the order to any person.”

Social media users could face prosecution for not reporting suspicious people.

Imagine someone leaving a comment on social media like the police suck or calling someone a bitch, twit or twat and then they go on to commit a crime in the future. Would anyone like to guess what might happen next?

Every social media user who refused to file a STAR report on a suspicious person would open themselves up to prosecution or a lawsuit.

“Compliance—Any provider of an interactive computer service that fails to report a known suspicious transmission shall not be immune from civil or criminal liability for such transmission under section 230(c) of the Communications Act of 1934 (47 U.S.C. 230(c)).”

Where does one begin when it comes to describing just how bad this bill is?

Forcing social media users to essentially submit STAR reports on people they deem as suspicious opens up a Pandora’s box of problems.

Social media users who are forced into reporting on people could flag everyone’s comments to guard against being prosecuted or sued. This bill, if passed as it is written, would have a devastating effect on the civil rights and freedoms of every American.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:18 pm https://thefreethoughtproject.com/socia ... ing-snitch
New “See Something, Say Something Online Act” Turns Social Media Users Into Spies

The Free Thought Project February 21, 2021
Spread the love
Ya gotta love problems that contain the seeds of their own solution in. their basic framework.....

I read somewhere on the internet that Napster doesn't pay his bills........ :P
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Doc

Post by Doc »

This passes and it is the end of free speech online in America. Gee I didn't see that coming. :roll:

https://reason.com/2021/02/02/see-somet ... snitching/
'See Something, Say Something Online Act' Punishes Big Tech for Not Snitching

Elizabeth Nolan Brown | 2.2.2021 9:30 AM
dpaphotostwo472250
(Chris Melzer/dpa/picture-alliance/Newscom)

A new bill revitalizes the war on terror's favorite slogan in service of forcing tech companies to turn over more user data to the government. The "See Something, Say Something Online Act," introduced by Sen. Joe Manchin (D–W.Va.) and co-sponsored by Sen. John Cornyn (R–Texas), is the latest attack on the federal communications law known as Section 230 as well as freedom of speech and online privacy.

The legislation says any interactive computer service provider—that means social media giants, small blogs, podcast hosting services, app stores, consumer review platforms, independent political forums, crowdfunding and Patreon-style sites, dating apps, newsletter services, and much more—will lose Section 230 protections if they fail to report any known user activity that might be deemed "suspicious."

"Suspicious" content is defined as any post, private message, comment, tag, transaction, or "any other user-generated content or transmission" that government officials later determine "commits, facilitates, incites, promotes, or otherwise assists the commission of a major crime." Major crimes are defined as anything involving violence, domestic, or international terrorism, or a "serious drug offense."

For each suspicious post, services must submit a Suspicious Transmission Activity Report (STAR) within 30 days, providing the user's name, location, and other identifying information, as well as any relevant metadata.

Those submitting the user surveillance reports would henceforth be barred from talking about or even acknowledging the existence of them. STARs would also be exempt from Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.

The bill, which comes amid renewed calls to stamp out domestic terrorism after the Capitol riot, is impressive in managing to be both completely invasive and utterly unconcerned with even appearing to be about protection, since the remedy—report within 30 days—would hardly help stop the commission of crimes. If we were talking about the Capitol riot, for instance, companies who still hadn't reported posts about it would be OK.

The bill would set up a massive new system of intense user monitoring and reporting that would lead to more perfectly innocent people getting booted from internet platforms. It would provide the government with a new tool to punish disfavored tech companies, and it would enlist all digital service providers to be cops in the failed post-9/11 war on terror and the drug war.

The bill states that some posts facilitating crimes require a STAR to be filed immediately, though it's vague about what these are (any "suspicious transmission that requires immediate attention" requires being reported immediately). The first example it provides is "an active sale or solicitation of sale of drugs."

A new federal agency would handle the suspicious activity reports—which could also be submitted by any individual, not just tech companies.

An easy, anonymous, online way for people to flag each other's social media accounts for the Department of Justice—what could go wrong? (Insert all the eye rolls here.)

Anyone with experience on social media now knows how hyperbolic people can be in describing threatening behavior, how gleeful folks can be in snitching on those they deem unenlightened, and how easy it can be for trolls, abusers, and other ne'er-do-wells to weaponize reporting systems against disliked individuals or marginalized groups. The See Something, Say Something Online Act would put this on steroids—all while ensuring such a glut of reports, including many that are frivolous, politically motivated, or otherwise disingenuous, that federal agents would still be searching for needles in haystacks.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:03 am Image
Substack - Greenwald | Criticizing Public Figures, Including Influential Journalists, is Not Harassment or Abuse
As social media empowers uncredentialed people to be heard, society's most powerful actors seek to cast themselves as victims and delegitimize all critiques.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Now I know that DeSantis is the Gov of Florida.

The Spectator US | The relentless campaign to smear Ron DeSantis
The last time the media hated a guy with this much deranged passion, they helped him get elected president.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Colonel Sun wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:59 am Now I know that DeSantis is the Gov of Florida.

The Spectator US | The relentless campaign to smear Ron DeSantis
The last time the media hated a guy with this much deranged passion, they helped him get elected president.
Our last governor - Rick Scott (R) - was corrupt, partisan and ignorant. DeSantis is doing everything exactly right, and so far is the definition of good government.

I think part of DeSantis’ competency is that he was a JAG officer (military lawyer). His press conferences on the 60 min. smear were not emotional or political but a methodical and factual point-by-point dismantling of CBS.

I don’t think Mr. Global’s standard dirty tricks will be effective on DeSantis. They will have to frame him or kill him.

Teresa of Ávila