Mainstream and social media matters

Doc

Re: Mainstream and social media matters

Post by Doc »

And then they came for Minds..................................

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

https://www.minds.com/discovery/search? ... ship&f=top
Bill Ottman

verified_user

1d ago
47.21k views
ALERT

Google Play sent Minds a 24 hour warning. Our response app was accepted into the store based on our interim solution and ninja developers, but we had to remove major functionality from that version of the app. We did the same on iOS for obvious reasons. What is happening on the internet with major providers is fueling the cultural divide as much as anything.

A MASSIVE overhaul of mobile messenger is coming this quarter including group chats, file sharing, e2e encryption, federation and much more. The old school one is being ripped out completely.

A MASSIVE overhaul of the mobile wallet and token rewards is coming this quarter as well and both are able to remain.

We had to remove search, discovery and comments. I know. We aren't happy and will be working towards something better. What is fascinating is how Signal and Telegram are navigating this and in my opinion they are still there because they are encrypted messengers without much 'public' content. Obviously controversial speech is happening there too.

It is key to maintain access to the the stores because hundreds of thousands of current users are currently installed there. We recommend everyone download from us. If you are on Apple, leave if you're smart.

We will be releasing a full report on our plan for fully censorship-resistant infrastructure. For those asking about Amazon, don't worry, we have multiple escape pods ready to go. Multi-cloud kubernetes cassandra cluster with terraform.

Get the the full version directly from Minds at https://minds.com/mobile :) There's also a solid mobile web app.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:16 pm "Proven liars"

Twitter Insider Secretly Records CEO Jack Dorsey Detailing Agenda For Further Political Censorship

ZFhHg8QXTE8
BTW I did not think of this at the time I posted this But Jan 8th when this video was made is the same day Amazon told Parler that it was going to boot parler from its servers in two days. Sure looks like monopolistic collusion
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
noddy

Post by noddy »

the thing that seems to be panning out in all this is the "public newsfeeds" of strangers opinions are the bit thats causing everyone mischief.

private collated feeds of groups you get invited too are off the radar.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:00 am the thing that seems to be panning out in all this is the "public newsfeeds" of strangers opinions are the bit thats causing everyone mischief.

yep. That is exactly how it works. Blacks killing blacks, or whites killing whites, no biggie. Put a word in a book that triggers a snowflake and all Hell breaks loose.

Its' like fighting with a stranger vs. fighting with a family member. I think it is called battered wife syndrome. The husband stops beating the wife and she gets upset cause "You don't love me anymore!"

Same thing you see in both party primaries over here. During the primary debates, your opponents are all "Scum of the Earth." Then if you win your primary, you pick one of those former scumbags to be your running mate and they become fine people, much better than the "Scum of the Earth" in the other party.

Even easier on the internet than with people you actually know.

"There is no common ground in Cyberspace!" (tm)
Last edited by Simple Minded on Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:00 am the thing that seems to be panning out in all this is the "public newsfeeds" of strangers opinions are the bit thats causing everyone mischief.

The Qannon stuff was ridiculous. Given that "Qannon" was never anything but an anonymous person, there is a very good chance they are a Democrat operative and maybe someone in Intel. After all what did Qannon ever really say besides "Trust the Plan" with the implied "Do nothing" Before that it was pizza gate which went until someone took to seriously that there was a basement full of children in a pizza place in Wash DC so he went there with a gun to do something about it. Only to find out as Pee Wee Herman found out at the Alamo there is no basement.

What is going to happen under Biden is he and the radical wing of his party are going to try to shove all kinds of things down the throats of people that are not going to like it. Under the constitution in the US the states are more powerful than the Federal government in a lot of ways. Each state, in effect, has it own army. The majority of Governors are not going to like the Biden Admin either. SO the Biden Admin is going to use a carrot and stick approach. Probably more stick than carrot as the left really does not like the constitution. The states will do things like states such as California(Sanctuary cities) has done in the last few years challenging Fed power at every opportunity

In the meantime the economy is going to crash soon. At most Biden will be able to get additional checks out for $2000. He was saying $1400 a few days ago. But there is not much more the federal Government can do. The treasury is really broke this time. All the relief funds were swept up by the large corporations and banks. The money supply has as of the last time I checked expanded by 66%. Which will lead to at least a 40% rise in inflation. It was not just the congressional relief bill that the extra money came from The Fed gave the biggest Wall street investment banks $3 Trillion out of thin air as well.

I heard the European banks are close to collapsing as well.

Anyway this will become apparent shortly With Biden saying he want mandatory mask usage and government COVID-1984 passports to coerce people into getting vaccines The bottom line is that the Democrats, in order to keep their very broad diversity together have to rule by fear. That is their only hope

There is also a good chance that both political parties will be gone in a few years.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Q and Qanons were two entirely different things, Doc.

Q was a single 8chan account. It primarily posted questions about current events, mostly challenges to the mainstream narrative.

Qanons were various accounts who speculated on what Q posted.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
YMix

Post by YMix »

I'm curious what you people think about this.
Not Organic

“It’s probably some guy who posted a few things on 4Chan and it just took off!” or “This thing came out of nowhere! It’s gone viral!” People think QAnon is viral and organic because that is the intent of QAnon. It’s part of its own story and propaganda.

As a producer of ARGs, this stuff is hard to produce and maintain and keep interesting. QAnon works, again, in an opposite manner from a regular ARG.

Normally, if an indie ARG or interactive story goes unexpectedly viral, the creators begin to struggle. They have less money to spend on more people, more interactions, and a story that gets consumed faster and faster. They have no more time/money/staff and eventually, they have to wrap it up. Even commercial ad-based ARGs are exhausting to run. It’s a sprint from the first post and no matter how short, it feels like a marathon. (Ok, mine did, I’m sure there are better producers out there)

This thing goes the reverse way. The more people join it, the more money goes into it. The more effort, the more PR, and the more content.

The more people try to shut it down (Google, FB, Reddit, Instagram, service providers, TikTok, etc.) the more the Q runners double down, getting ever bigger endorsements from the top politicians in the world.

There is money here and it’s not grassroots. It’s not a huge amount of money, but this is a system from which Facebook said had removed

790 groups, 100 Pages and 1,500 ads with links to QAnon. It’s also blocked over 300 hashtags across Facebook and Instagram and restricted 1,950 groups and 440 pages on Facebook and over 10,000 accounts on Instagram.”

- The Verge

The same week Facebook did this, President Trump got on camera during a press release and endorsed them. He called them a growing, popular movement, and said he appreciated them. When asked if he believed the basic premise that he was “secretly saving the world from this satanic cult of pedophiles and cannibals” he replied with “is that supposed to be a bad thing? If I can help save the world from problems, I’m willing to do it, I’m willing to put myself out there. And we are actually, we are saving the world from a radical left philosophy that will destroy this country.”

This is not a loner on the internet that started dropping a few posts and suddenly went viral. I’ve met those people. I’ve been on those projects. It doesn’t happen like this.

This is a media campaign. This is a coordinated propaganda campaign.

800 groups? An ARG with an endorsement from the President? An ARG with physical demonstrations organized for multiple countries and over 200 physical locations. These are not “organic”.

There is even a full-length movie out, paid for “out of pocket” that is being distributed FOR FREE to spread the word. Hundreds of publications for sale on Amazon. This is a lot of work. This isn’t how games work. This isn’t how anything but media/advertising/propaganda campaigns work.

QAnon needs this kind of media saturation BECAUSE it is not a natural movement. People need to be surrounded by it on all sides. It needs to seem popular even when it absolutely isn’t. It needs to seem like everyone is talking about it. They need to see it on YouTube, TikTok, in the papers, in the news, and hear it from their friends. This is all part of making it feel “real”.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

YMix wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:43 pm I'm curious what you people think about this.
I thought questions posed by Q were mostly important and logical. They were valuable to everyone attempting critical thinking and trying to cut through to another side of the propaganda.

I believe the Qanons thought themselves overly clever and mostly nonsense.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:43 pm I'm curious what you people think about this.
Interesting to see someone actually monetized the qanon stuff. I never even thought about that.

I just submitted an answer to Nap on this, I started hours ago, about how I think about this. Assuming of course you included me among "You People" ;) And maybe my answer is not the one you are looking for.
Not Organic

“It’s probably some guy who posted a few things on 4Chan and it just took off!” or “This thing came out of nowhere! It’s gone viral!” People think QAnon is viral and organic because that is the intent of QAnon. It’s part of its own story and propaganda.

As a producer of ARGs, this stuff is hard to produce and maintain and keep interesting. QAnon works, again, in an opposite manner from a regular ARG.

Normally, if an indie ARG or interactive story goes unexpectedly viral, the creators begin to struggle. They have less money to spend on more people, more interactions, and a story that gets consumed faster and faster. They have no more time/money/staff and eventually, they have to wrap it up. Even commercial ad-based ARGs are exhausting to run. It’s a sprint from the first post and no matter how short, it feels like a marathon. (Ok, mine did, I’m sure there are better producers out there)

This thing goes the reverse way. The more people join it, the more money goes into it. The more effort, the more PR, and the more content.

The more people try to shut it down (Google, FB, Reddit, Instagram, service providers, TikTok, etc.) the more the Q runners double down, getting ever bigger endorsements from the top politicians in the world.

There is money here and it’s not grassroots. It’s not a huge amount of money, but this is a system from which Facebook said had removed

790 groups, 100 Pages and 1,500 ads with links to QAnon. It’s also blocked over 300 hashtags across Facebook and Instagram and restricted 1,950 groups and 440 pages on Facebook and over 10,000 accounts on Instagram.”

- The Verge

The same week Facebook did this, President Trump got on camera during a press release and endorsed them. He called them a growing, popular movement, and said he appreciated them. When asked if he believed the basic premise that he was “secretly saving the world from this satanic cult of pedophiles and cannibals” he replied with “is that supposed to be a bad thing? If I can help save the world from problems, I’m willing to do it, I’m willing to put myself out there. And we are actually, we are saving the world from a radical left philosophy that will destroy this country.”

This is not a loner on the internet that started dropping a few posts and suddenly went viral. I’ve met those people. I’ve been on those projects. It doesn’t happen like this.

800 groups? An ARG with an endorsement from the President? An ARG with physical demonstrations organized for multiple countries and over 200 physical locations. These are not “organic”.

There is even a full-length movie out, paid for “out of pocket” that is being distributed FOR FREE to spread the word. Hundreds of publications for sale on Amazon. This is a lot of work. This isn’t how games work. This isn’t how anything but media/advertising/propaganda campaigns work.

QAnon needs this kind of media saturation BECAUSE it is not a natural movement. People need to be surrounded by it on all sides. It needs to seem popular even when it absolutely isn’t. It needs to seem like everyone is talking about it. They need to see it on YouTube, TikTok, in the papers, in the news, and hear it from their friends. This is all part of making it feel “real”.

[/quote]
Last edited by Doc on Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

"You people?" :o Wow! Talk about flagrant, in-your-face racism..... :shock:

You need to be sent to a sensitivity training concentration camp. Thank your lucky stars you don't live near any woke Merkins!

Exactly what color are you Romanian people any ways?
noddy

Post by noddy »

I doubt any of the alleged grassroots groups we have seen over the last decade remain that way for very long - lots of different parties have lots of reasons to help them along and point them at common enemies.

one thing that is becoming hilighted is the last scraps of libertarian boomer ideology, blah blah democracy blah blah free speech and public input are getting shredded before our eyes.

we can choose between the government controlling the narrative or corporates controlling the narrative.

the public dribble will be filtered to fit, free speech is a quaint concept like seperation of church and state - only makes sense in a monoculture of largely shared values.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:24 am I doubt any of the alleged grassroots groups we have seen over the last decade remain that way for very long - lots of different parties have lots of reasons to help them along and point them at common enemies.

one thing that is becoming hilighted is the last scraps of libertarian boomer ideology, blah blah democracy blah blah free speech and public input are getting shredded before our eyes.

we can choose between the government controlling the narrative or corporates controlling the narrative.

the public dribble will be filtered to fit, free speech is a quaint concept like seperation of church and state - only makes sense in a monoculture of largely shared values.
And the bizarre part, is, the antidote to perennial, virtual butthurt, was discovered on the playground when we were kids.

1. ""Sticks and stone may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."
2. "I know you are, but what am I?"

Then, 10 years of private school education, plus 4 years in an upscale, Ivy League College studying sociology, feelings, and the eternal pain of "Life is unfair and not everyone thinks I'm as special as my Mommy does!".... comes screaming back into our heads..... 24/7.....
Last edited by Simple Minded on Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:40 pm Q and Qanons were two entirely different things, Doc.

Q was a single 8chan account. It primarily posted questions about current events, mostly challenges to the mainstream narrative.

Qanons were various accounts who speculated on what Q posted.
That just shows how little I payed attention.Look at it this way Nap. How many of 'Q''s or Qannon prediction came true? Huber ? Sessions? Durhamn? "trust the plan" doesn't seem much of a plan when none of its implied goals work out.

13% of Americans believe a man has never walked on the moon I don't know how many believe that 911 was an inside job. And what 50% of Americans believe that Trump is an agent of putin? This is normal people try to rationalize things where there is a lack of real information Then you have rumors and even politicians making stuff up out of whole cloth. Look at Adam Schiff He went for years going on MSNBC and CNN claiming he had more than circumstantial evidence that Trump Colluded with Russia. Then the Republicans force the release of his "secret testimony" Out of 53 witnesses ZERO had any knowledge of any evidence that Trump Colluded with Russia. But even after that complete lack of even knowledge of evidence people still believe that Trump Colluded with Russia.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-sec ... a-colluded
Almost half in new poll still say Trump, Russia colluded
By John Bowden - 03/27/19 07:21 AM EDT
The reason this happens is because people rationalize the world they see. If there are gaps in knowledge the brain fills in the gaps. It is a survival strategy that is hard wired into our brains. If 100,000 years ago one of our ancestors was say in a jungle with limited viability. Maybe that shape over there a few feet away is a Tiger. No way to be sure based on what he could see. But the brain rationalizes to make sense out of the information it has.

These are not the specific example I wanted to post, but they may get my point across

ZMLzP1VCANo

aCv4K5aStdU

In the Second video Hammer VS saw. the subject doesn't rationalize why he drew a hammer but I suspect it is because he already understands the trick.So when he is asked why he drew a saw when his left brain saw the hammer (that controls language) he says "I don't know"

In the Video I would rather have posted it is an blue bird and an orange.

With his left hand he selects an orange pencil and draws an orange. Then looks confused. The research asked him what he drew and the subject replies "I wanted to draw an orange bird but I don't know how to draw a bird"

The researcher then tells him to finish with his right hand. SO he picks up the pencil and finishes the drawing making the orange into an orange bird.

He rationalized a story to explain his actions. Even though his left brain saw a blue Bird he ended up drawing an orange bird

Now think about what happens when you use a search on a search engine. You aren't exactly sure what you are looking for specifically just in general terms. You are searching because you are not clear on the facts. You are missing information

The most notable example is the 2016 election but it could be anything.

You search for "Hillary Clinton" and the auto search fill fills in links to positive articles about Hillary Clinton (This has already been well documented that Hillary received an additional 2.4 million votes than should would have otherwise is why I am using this example)

If you typed in Donald Trump the auto search fill suggestions are all negative stories about Trump

What they are doing is training your brain to rationalize in a way that meets THEIR GOALS.

20 years ago they were at level of predicting the prime moment to try to sell someone a give type of product.

I bought my son a learning game for 7 years olds. I was furious when I found it contained a web bug to collect metrics from children using it. I found the company that made that web bug and found they're was the one I mentioned just above. But it wasn't just aimed at my son. The web bug installed as a separate program with the install of the learning software that continuously ran in the back ground.

But it just collected metrics The modern version is to actually influence how people actually rationalize by presenting information to fill in the gaps.

Someone sees a complex issue that they aren't really sure about what the hell is going on. When they search for missing information without interference it doesn't mean they are going to come to a rationalization fits the real world HOWEVER they have a better chance of finding the missing information to rationalize with if no one is presenting them with disinformation that could fit the rationalization.

This stuff is a lot older than the internet. But Google Facebook Amazon etc .. all employ large numbers of behavior psychologists for a reason.

In fact when Google first started using behavioral psychologists Google search advertisement (or as they say in Brasil propaganda)profits increased by
30 times over night. That was a year or two after they proclaimed their company motto to be "Do no Evil"

I don't recall and I never knew all the "details" put forward in Pizzagate. But I do have a good idea how it started. John Podesta's emails and the seemingly sexual erotic statues he had in his house of young men Plus the pictures of the children in Comet(?) Pizza. Pictures like a little girl with her arms taped to a table with masking tape. People started taking that as child sex grooming. There were others as well. The pictures were somewhat odd but didn't have to mean anything.

There were a whole series of things like that. Podesta also had a kinda of weird way of joking about pizza.

People tried to make sense of it. So their brains rationalized what their eyes were seeing. I am sure there was more to it than the above. I didn't pay all that much attention as I saw it as a big waste of time.

Anyway that is basically how this kind of things starts. Seems like more intelligent people fall for them as they tend to have bigger imaginations. But I have seen people that believe things like professional wrestling are real. And there is no talking them out of their beliefs.

I used to believe in aliens visits of the earth. Then I figured out, I guess when I was about 19 or 20, that only green bug eyed aliens were coming to north American and Aryan looking aliens were going to Europe. I have been a cynic ever since about most things that are short on details.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Reality is never as dramatic as virtual reality.

Where else can we go to become Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela, MLK Jr., Hitler, Stalin, Beyonce, Waylon Jennings, or Mao in our imagination of billions of people????

All at light speed with a few simple keystrokes.......

The First World rocks!!!!!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:12 pm Reality is never as dramatic as virtual reality.

Where else can we go to become Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela, MLK Jr., Hitler, Stalin, Beyonce, Waylon Jennings, or Mao in our imagination of billions of people????

All at light speed with a few simple keystrokes.......

The First World rocks!!!!!
For me, The fourth world has more rocks.

w6nUVp9mQDs

With the added bonus that forums like this will work there virtually unchanged from how they here as the are not so sensitive to time lag !!

But of course I would have to give up on much of the new technology here.

8h4rR3dM_7Q
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Doc wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:59 pm
Interesting to see someone actually monetized the qanon stuff. I never even thought about that.

I just submitted an answer to Nap on this, I started hours ago, about how I think about this. Assuming of course you included me among "You People" ;) And maybe my answer is not the one you are looking for.
Not Organic

- The Verge

I just lost the post but of course it was a media campaign (at least after it left 4chan); one aimed at segments of left-leaning people and amplified by the legacy media and its hall of mirrors.

There was data that as late as last fall the audience most aware of Q were people who described themselves as left-leaning. The numbers, as I remember them were still pretty small but the great joke is that it was exactly the sort of thing that really turns on media people who love conspiracy theories and even participate in them [hello Journolist-- hello acting as mouthpieces for whatever scheme access journalism has going on now] while also being particularly sensitive to being constantly online at the grunt level where these stories are put together.

I assumed it was a Steve Bannon-type who organized it all after it flamed out of the chans.

But the Jack Kennedy stuff was a real giveaway to the sort of audience it was aimed at. [hint: that primary audience are not John Birch members]
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:10 pm
Doc wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:59 pm

Not Organic

- The Verge

I just lost the post but of course it was a media campaign (at least after it left 4chan); one aimed at segments of left-leaning people and amplified by the legacy media and its hall of mirrors.

There was data that as late as last fall the audience most aware of Q were people who described themselves as left-leaning. The numbers, as I remember them were still pretty small but the great joke is that it was exactly the sort of thing that really turns on media people who love conspiracy theories and even participate in them [hello Journolist-- hello acting as mouthpieces for whatever scheme access journalism has going on now] while also being particularly sensitive to being constantly online at the grunt level where these stories are put together.

I assumed it was a Steve Bannon-type who organized it all after it flamed out of the chans.

But the Jack Kennedy stuff was a real giveaway to the sort of audience it was aimed at. [hint: that primary audience are not John Birch members]

I am still seeing people online that are pushing Qanon. There are very few left on Twitter but they are still there. Eve Lin Wood. Whose latest thing is that Trump is the 19th president of the US because of some Obscure abstract imaginary constitutional track that reminds me of click bate where "you can lose 50 pounds using this weird trick" And somehow in March Trump will be declared president. :roll:

If people want to do something they should be calling up their state Representatives and demanding election reform. No more mail in ballots and requiring Legal ID to register and to vote in an election IN PERSON. There are 50 states and under the constitution they have more power than the Federal government has.

Otherwise I have a great deal of faith in the left over playing their hand over the next couple of years. They always do. Biden has already killed 80,000 jobs. That is probably 150,000 people that won't vote democrat in 2022. Most would not have voted Democrat anyway unless the Democrats suddenly became the party of "unity" instead of the party that de-humanizes people not in its tribe/political machine
NapLajoieonSteroids

Doc wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:23 am
I am still seeing people online that are pushing Qanon. There are very few left on Twitter but they are still there. Eve Lin Wood. Whose latest thing is that Trump is the 19th president of the US because of some Obscure abstract imaginary constitutional track that reminds me of click bate where "you can lose 50 pounds using this weird trick" And somehow in March Trump will be declared president. :roll:

If people want to do something they should be calling up their state Representatives and demanding election reform. No more mail in ballots and requiring Legal ID to register and to vote in an election IN PERSON. There are 50 states and under the constitution they have more power than the Federal government has.

Otherwise I have a great deal of faith in the left over playing their hand over the next couple of years. They always do. Biden has already killed 80,000 jobs. That is probably 150,000 people that won't vote democrat in 2022. Most would not have voted Democrat anyway unless the Democrats suddenly became the party of "unity" instead of the party that de-humanizes people not in its tribe/political machine
Lin Wood is just a totally strange one; stranger than Q or the anons in a lot of ways.

He's some flavor of the tri-corner hat guys; but as mad as the hatter who makes them. I can't say I am fully studied up on all Linsanity here but some of the ledges I've read he's jumped off recently are a bit too high up to be straight grifting.
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:54 am

Lin Wood is just a totally strange one; stranger than Q or the anons in a lot of ways.

He's some flavor of the tri-corner hat guys; but as mad as the hatter who makes them. I can't say I am fully studied up on all Linsanity here but some of the ledges I've read he's jumped off recently are a bit too high up to be straight grifting.

He started out getting in money trouble last year and apparently took money from Client defense funds he was not supposed to take.

I think he was angling for a presidential pardon.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Doc wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:15 am
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:54 am

He started out getting in money trouble last year and apparently took money from Client defense funds he was not supposed to take.

I think he was angling for a presidential pardon.
Makes a lot more sense.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Whatever Lin Wood is up to, it's pointless to worry about tri-corner hat types. They are ineffective and live in reactionary fantasy lands where the small c-constitution of the the USA is like a bunch of lego blocks which will just snap back into place after a few steps...not quite the internet ad analogy but close.

It's a lot of the rubicon people who are worrisome, even within that particular fantasy. I think this blog post captures it pretty well:

The Plan: Recruit Insane Fanatics
I didn't read Taleb's Skin In The Game but I do know the proverb to which it refers. You don't listen to some yokel who tells you that your antique is totally worth $4000 yo if he is not writing "to the order of four thousands dallaz, no sentz" in his checkbook. In that spirit, here is Mark Brahmin: What exactly are Q-followers "giving up" or "quitting" if they stop believing in the theory? After all they are not part of the supposed benevolent Q-conspiracy/revolt. They are doing nothing actively to fulfill it.

The biggest boosters of the Q "drops" - Vox Day, NeonRevolt, Anonymous Conservative to an extent - were not telling their readers what they could do to help The Plan. I mean, sure: "Opp Seck". But if there was some secret chessmove going on, Vox Day would have given commands out to his "evil legion of evil".

Ahh but that assumes that Neon Revolt cared. Him and all those other assholes had no skin in this game. For f's sake Beale doesn't even live in the US.

Plenty of Q followers had skin in this game. They were the ones demanding something more substantive, even several of those "Blackpill-ers" now getting banished. Not that stupid raid on the Capitol, I mean something effective. If you claim an entire leeegion of your best Imperial stormtroopers, you had two months to use them.

Instead what Vox Day really, really wanted was for his commenters to shut up about it all, unless to give [ineffectual] praise. Some would even argue that the latter be worse than the former, as far as getting sh!t done. But not Beale; he's delivering a blacklist of the first to surrender.

What surrender? There was no fight.

It was all attention-seeking to build up the fanbase. And indeed that's how you winnow out the chaff: build up the false hope in the full knowledge that nothing is going to happen. Now you got yourself a cult: a coterie who will believe anything (the place was already demanding moon-landing denial and other clear absurdities). You're holding the little red football.

Well, whatever. If you want terrorists, you can keep your terrorists. Don't expect a lot of sympathy when USG / Kamala goes out to hunt down your terrorists.
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:55 am Whatever Lin Wood is up to, it's pointless to worry about tri-corner hat types. They are ineffective and live in reactionary fantasy lands where the small c-constitution of the the USA is like a bunch of lego blocks which will just snap back into place after a few steps...not quite the internet ad analogy but close.

It's a lot of the rubicon people who are worrisome, even within that particular fantasy. I think this blog post captures it pretty well:

I didn't read Taleb's Skin In The Game but I do know the proverb to which it refers. You don't listen to some yokel who tells you that your antique is totally worth $4000 yo if he is not writing "to the order of four thousands dallaz, no sentz" in his checkbook. In that spirit, here is Mark Brahmin: What exactly are Q-followers "giving up" or "quitting" if they stop believing in the theory? After all they are not part of the supposed benevolent Q-conspiracy/revolt. They are doing nothing actively to fulfill it.

The biggest boosters of the Q "drops" - Vox Day, NeonRevolt, Anonymous Conservative to an extent - were not telling their readers what they could do to help The Plan. I mean, sure: "Opp Seck". But if there was some secret chessmove going on, Vox Day would have given commands out to his "evil legion of evil".

Ahh but that assumes that Neon Revolt cared. Him and all those other assholes had no skin in this game. For f's sake Beale doesn't even live in the US.

Plenty of Q followers had skin in this game. They were the ones demanding something more substantive, even several of those "Blackpill-ers" now getting banished. Not that stupid raid on the Capitol, I mean something effective. If you claim an entire leeegion of your best Imperial stormtroopers, you had two months to use them.

Instead what Vox Day really, really wanted was for his commenters to shut up about it all, unless to give [ineffectual] praise. Some would even argue that the latter be worse than the former, as far as getting sh!t done. But not Beale; he's delivering a blacklist of the first to surrender.

It was all attention-seeking to build up the fanbase. And indeed that's how you winnow out the chaff: build up the false hope in the full knowledge that nothing is going to happen. Now you got yourself a cult: a coterie who will believe anything (the place was already demanding moon-landing denial and other clear absurdities). You're holding the little red football.

Well, whatever. If you want terrorists, you can keep your terrorists. Don't expect a lot of sympathy when USG / Kamala goes out to hunt down your terrorists.
This video just popped up in my Youtube suggests Two years after it was made. Funny to look at the MSM videos about Qanon that never ever refer to this video over the two years since. Seem lie they are all fake news or something

aSDqBVVFfsM :roll:
Doc

Post by Doc »

White Supremacists, Nazis, and Financial Terrorism

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gamestop ... 59745.html
GameStop extends Reddit driven hyper-rally after Musk tweet

letnUP22clo

:lol: :lol: :lol:
NapLajoieonSteroids

Doc wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:42 am
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:55 am Whatever Lin Wood is up to, it's pointless to worry about tri-corner hat types. They are ineffective and live in reactionary fantasy lands where the small c-constitution of the the USA is like a bunch of lego blocks which will just snap back into place after a few steps...not quite the internet ad analogy but close.

This video just popped up in my Youtube suggests Two years after it was made. Funny to look at the MSM videos about Qanon that never ever refer to this video over the two years since. Seem lie they are all fake news or something

I'm pretty sure that exposé was just as phony as everything else.

There's this Q thing which no one with a budget & computer skills is at all curious to investigate and there factions of Anons with varying states of loopy ideas all feeding off each other as cells but with no centrality. Then there is the media package of QAnon, who is the most convenient of them all.

The anons aren't because, all their crazy (and sane) ideas are part and parcel of their subject lived experience; something we are told is increasingly (and officially) the most important thing in the world which can never be questioned.

=======

I keep getting hung up on how many of these boomers running around talkin' about reality czars then go home and use crystals to fight COVID (la famiglia Cuomo) believe in some of the more asinine gossip and weirder things floating out there, and (getting back to Kennedy) will follow every thread into the shadows like Oliver Stone on one of his old cocaine binges.

"Dallas killed Kennedy" "Hate killed Kennedy" Abstractions killed Kennedy-- not a team of conspirators or a neer do well marginal figure-- and that is perfectly respectful.

Ultimately knowledge of conspiracies [real and imagined-- participation is a slightly different matter] are a luxury item jealousy guarded.

Robert Kennedy Jr. heading the fight against vaccinations; eccentric yet respectable. Kennedys can afford conspiracies theories and hoi polloi must be reminded they can't.
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:06 pm
Doc wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:42 am

I'm pretty sure that exposé was just as phony as everything else.

There's this Q thing which no one with a budget & computer skills is at all curious to investigate and there factions of Anons with varying states of loopy ideas all feeding off each other as cells but with no centrality. Then there is the media package of QAnon, who is the most convenient of them all.

The anons aren't because, all their crazy (and sane) ideas are part and parcel of their subject lived experience; something we are told is increasingly (and officially) the most important thing in the world which can never be questioned.

=======

I keep getting hung up on how many of these boomers running around talkin' about reality czars then go home and use crystals to fight COVID (la famiglia Cuomo) believe in some of the more asinine gossip and weirder things floating out there, and (getting back to Kennedy) will follow every thread into the shadows like Oliver Stone on one of his old cocaine binges.

"Dallas killed Kennedy" "Hate killed Kennedy" Abstractions killed Kennedy-- not a team of conspirators or a neer do well marginal figure-- and that is perfectly respectful.

Ultimately knowledge of conspiracies [real and imagined-- participation is a slightly different matter] are a luxury item jealousy guarded.

Robert Kennedy Jr. heading the fight against vaccinations; eccentric yet respectable. Kennedys can afford conspiracies theories and hoi polloi must be reminded they can't.
If I had a conspiracy theory
I'd theorize in the morn-orn-ing
I'd theorize in the evening

However I can.

I'd theorize danger
I'd theorize a warning
I'd theorize suspicion between my brothers and my sisters

However I can.

It's the theory of injustice
It's the theory of lost freedom
It's the theory about suspicion between my brothers and my sisters.

All over this land.