Local government and politics | NYC et al, RIP?

Zack Morris

Re: Local government and politics | NYC, RIP?

Post by Zack Morris »

New York City will be just fine. It is important to note that despite years of calm under the De Blasio administration, the recent spike in violence was a step function change and just happened to be timed with anti-police protests and what will likely be shown to be an intentional police slowdown (a tactic the highly corrupt NYPD is historically known to employ) exacerbated by dislocations caused by the Trump pandemic.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Apollonius wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:36 pm The day the music died - Taki, Taki's Magazine, 7 November 2020
https://www.takimag.com/article/the-day-the-music-died/
Only whites are described as such in a felonious dispute.
False. Police and media reports either describe suspects' ethnicity or they don't. But I'm not surprised that a far-right extremist publication would sneak in blatant disinformation like this.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:39 pm
Apollonius wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:36 pm The day the music died - Taki, Taki's Magazine, 7 November 2020
https://www.takimag.com/article/the-day-the-music-died/
Only whites are described as such in a felonious dispute.
False. Police and media reports either describe suspects' ethnicity or they don't. But I'm not surprised that a far-right extremist publication would sneak in blatant disinformation like this.
Hey when they scream Alla Akbar while mass murdering people it does not mean they are Islamic extremes. It just means some people did something.

But I think your point was valid in the past. Back in the 1990's when the Democrats were all about Super predators and such there was a lot of focus on black criminals and drug users. Hopefully Trump will speed up issuing pardons before he leaves the White House. Otherwise a lot of people are going to have to wait even longer to end their 25 to life sentences for mostly minor drug crimes

La2R-wsmtZA

And we all know how Joe Biden feels about those super predators The 1994 crime bill he drafted that put 100,000's black lives in for 25 to life. He still says that is not the problem The problem was and still is racism and not enough police.

lsK3aaYq9zA

Then of Course Kamala is all for extended prison time. It did wonders for the California state budget after all.

Y4fjA0K2EeE
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

You're talking about the crime bill that passed the Senate 95-4?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:19 am You're talking about the crime bill that passed the Senate 95-4?
I am talking about the bill Joe Biden wrote and pushed through congress two years AFTER the crime rate fell without the bill. Then was enforced by an additional 100,000 police on the streets which lead to the arrest and conviction of 100's of thousands of people. Making the US number one in the world for incarceration rates . Then Clinton Bush and Obama did nothing about it. Why didn't Joe do something about it when he was VP and president of the Senate?
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doc wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:01 pm
Zack Morris wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:19 am You're talking about the crime bill that passed the Senate 95-4?
I am talking about the bill Joe Biden wrote and pushed through congress two years AFTER the crime rate fell without the bill. Then was enforced by an additional 100,000 police on the streets which lead to the arrest and conviction of 100's of thousands of people. Making the US number one in the world for incarceration rates . Then Clinton Bush and Obama did nothing about it. Why didn't Joe do something about it when he was VP and president of the Senate?
How did he force 95 senators to vote in favor? Sounds like everyone was in favor of it. I wonder who among those 95 assimilated new information over the subsequent decades and modified their position?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:02 am
Doc wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:01 pm
How did he force 95 senators to vote in favor? Sounds like everyone was in favor of it. I wonder who among those 95 assimilated new information over the subsequent decades and modified their position?
Did the other 94 Senators write the bill? Did Joe Biden even try to get his bill revoked while he was a Senator in the following 14 years or during his 8 years as vice president? No he did not. As I recall he has not TO_THIS_DAY even apologized for it.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doc wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:50 am Did the other 94 Senators write the bill?
Some of them did. All 94 read it and agreed with it, which is why they passed it.
Did Joe Biden even try to get his bill revoked while he was a Senator in the following 14 years or during his 8 years as vice president? No he did not. As I recall he has not TO_THIS_DAY even apologized for it.
If you didn't believe that Joe Biden was against this bill now, then you wouldn't be saying that he's going to defund the police and let criminals run free, now would you?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:05 am
Some of them did. All 94 read it and agreed with it, which is why they passed it.
Did Joe Biden even try to get his bill revoked while he was a Senator in the following 14 years or during his 8 years as vice president? No he did not. As I recall he has not TO_THIS_DAY even apologized for it.
If you didn't believe that Joe Biden was against this bill now, then you wouldn't be saying that he's going to defund the police and let criminals run free, now would you?
I have never seen him apologize for it. O have seen him defend it as late as a couple of years ago. Then he went on to talk about "community policing" is the real answer to the problem of "super predators" ;)
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doc wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:40 am
I have never seen him apologize for it. O have seen him defend it as late as a couple of years ago. Then he went on to talk about "community policing" is the real answer to the problem of "super predators" ;)
"Joe Biden's gonna let criminals run free!"

"No, he supported the CRIME BILL and wants to lock black people up forever."

"He's going to encourage rioters and looters! They'll be looting the suburbs!"

"He called black people SUPER PREDATORS."

"He wants to defund the police because he doesn't care about crime!"

When your internal monologue looks like that, might be time for a cognitive assessment. Can you count down from 100?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:18 pm
Doc wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:40 am
"Joe Biden's gonna let criminals run free!"
Looks like he might get steam rolled by the folks that want to make list of people that voted for Trump for later retribution. Letting "criminals run free would likely be the same criminals that have been "peacefully rioting" in major cities everywhere. You know the folks that have already been released in localities run by the same radical leftist Democrats.

"No, he supported the CRIME BILL and wants to lock black people up forever."
Actually he did WRITE AND PUSHED TO MAKE IT LAW that a huge number of Black Males got average prison sentences of 25 years to life. Oh wait 1994 to 2020 that is 26 years.... ;)
"He's going to encourage rioters and looters! They'll be looting the suburbs!"

We have already determined that Democrats quite literally do encourage rioters and looters. We know this because Democrats have been quite open about it.
Tts1q9TgXxg

"He called black people SUPER PREDATORS."

"He wants to defund the police because he doesn't care about crime!"
Of course he doesn't care about crime. Though the concept of "superpredator" was already at the time of passage of the 1994 crime bill debunked. But I think they went to far in debunking it. Just look at the Biden Crime family. You have brother Jim making millions off of a war the Joe Biden was all for. You have son Hunter that is literally a crackhead Both of which funneled massive bribes from foreign governments and international criminals for pay to play. Obama apparently knew about a lot of it. At the very least a lot of people in his Administration certainly knew about it So I guess that makes at least Joe Biden and his crime family "superpredators" How Ironic is that? ;)
When your internal monologue looks like that, might be time for a cognitive assessment. Can you count down from 100?
Oh look your white flag is showing again. Zack you are making this too easy for me. At least try to defend your ideas will you? ;)
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

If you don't want to be made fun of for blatantly contradicting yourself every other post, stop doing it. I'm really just looking out for you, man.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:01 am If you don't want to be made fun of for blatantly contradicting yourself every other post, stop doing it. I'm really just looking out for you, man.
Sounds like you have found a real gold mine of "gotcha" there Zack ;) :roll:
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

City J | The New Untouchables
Seattle policymakers want to provide the city’s underclass with blanket immunity for misdemeanor crime.
In October, the Seattle City Council floated legislation to provide an exemption from prosecution for misdemeanor crimes for any citizen who suffers from poverty, homelessness, addiction, or mental illness. Under the proposed ordinance, courts would have to dismiss all so-called “crimes of poverty” — which, according to the city’s former public-safety advisor, would cover more than 90 percent of all misdemeanor cases citywide. In effect, the legislation would create a new class of “untouchables,” protected from consequences by the city’s powerbrokers.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

City J | Bailout Bill
Mayor de Blasio can’t conceive of solutions to New York City’s problems that don’t involve massive federal assistance.
A regression to Ed Koch's 1970's New York. Possibly worse, if Wall Street bails.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

at the complete opposite end of the scale, my local capital city is dead aswell - a process that started before covid but that certainly didnt help.

everyone just got too greedy - parking, rents, council rates, the whole lot felt entitled to endless riches and never realised you only have to move a suburb or 2 out and avoid all that with no real consequences. we just dont live in a business suit and wanky address world anymore.

in this post covid thing , all the appropriate luddites have been forced to learn video chat and forum software, so its really only the hipsters and youngens wanting "experiences" that provide any great pressure for renewal.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:14 am at the complete opposite end of the scale, my local capital city is dead aswell - a process that started before covid but that certainly didnt help.

everyone just got too greedy - parking, rents, council rates, the whole lot felt entitled to endless riches and never realised you only have to move a suburb or 2 out and avoid all that with no real consequences. we just dont live in a business suit and wanky address world anymore.

in this post covid thing , all the appropriate luddites have been forced to learn video chat and forum software, so its really only the hipsters and youngens wanting "experiences" that provide any great pressure for renewal.
Well said. kinda ironic that high tech communication, rather than bringing us together, has made voting with one's feet even. more effective

The flip side that the professional victims never talk about is how their policies that are designed to hurt some, to benefit others, tends to poison the neighborhood well, since no one is sure when they will be moved from the victim list to the oppressor list. Arbitrary rule of law has consequences.

COVID has provided a convenient excuse to "take off the gloves." Fred's restaurant on the east side of the railroad tracks is allowed to stay open, while Joe's restaurant on the west side of the railroad tracks is shuttered. The small restaurant with outdoor dining tents is closed, while 50 feet away a big movie company sets up identical facilities to legally feed the people making the movie.

Those who ask "Why does this make sense?" are told to "Follow the science!" or accused of "Wanting people to die!"

Reminds some of us of the childhood tales of The Boy who cried Wolf, and Chicken Little. The hidden lesson is lost on our experts and political elites.

I've read that 80%+ of NYC offices are currently unoccupied. Where is the Occupy Wall Street movement when you need them? They would be welcome as Liberators!!!!!

Some day, some one, will write a novel about how whimsical restrictions and arbitrary rule of law, incentivizes people to move elsewhere and take their businesses with them.......
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

I think it is a real estate hustle designed to drop prices and eliminate the petit bourgeoise.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:35 pm I think it is a real estate hustle designed to drop prices and eliminate the petit bourgeoise.
That would definitely be sexist oppression of the Karens.

I have not thought of it as a deliberate hustle, but have definitely thought that at some point if you can stomach NYC, buying some property or a REIT may pay back nicely. I have a couple friends who went to NYC in the 70's when it was a Third World City and did quite well.

Some needs to check out DeBlazio's (and friends') investment portfolios.
noddy

Post by noddy »

shame New York isnt a pretty as Venice, not all dead financial centres can reboot as tourist traps!
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

If real estate prices fall far enough in NYC, a new band of entrepreneurs will emerge and re-vitalize the place.

Might take a while.

The Biden administration or the CCP (did I just repeat myself?) might buy NYC.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Catherine Austin Fitts (ex HUD deputy director) analyzed the BLM/ANTIFA riots in Minneapolis and says it has all the earmarks of a planned urban renewal project. Drive out the current businesses and owners so a public-private partnership can vacate a large number of contiguous properties to consolidate and condemn.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:49 pm Catherine Austin Fitts (ex HUD deputy director) analyzed the BLM/ANTIFA riots in Minneapolis and says it has all the earmarks of a planned urban renewal project. Drive out the current businesses and owners so a public-private partnership can vacate a large number of contiguous properties to consolidate and condemn.
Thanks Nonc. I used to listen to Catherine Austin Fitts on some radio talk shows. She always struck me as rational and insightful. I have not heard her speak in a couple years.

That option did not occur to me but makes sense. I thought the local authorities might be letting the barbarians destroy the local infrastructure in hopes of getting it rebuilt with Federal funds.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Very interesting. What Nonc said starts at about 21:00.

x1_Lp-qPSz4
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:49 pm Catherine Austin Fitts (ex HUD deputy director) analyzed the BLM/ANTIFA riots in Minneapolis and says it has all the earmarks of a planned urban renewal project. Drive out the current businesses and owners so a public-private partnership can vacate a large number of contiguous properties to consolidate and condemn.
Sounds like another infamous innovation project in that cities' history.......

http://www.lileks.com/mpls/gateway/index.html
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........