Local government and politics | NYC et al, RIP?

Simple Minded

Local government and politics | NYC et al, RIP?

Post by Simple Minded »

It starting to look like Mayor DeBlasio has strapped on the most powerful suicide vest ever invented.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/de-bla ... ew-yorkers

A few years back a friend who lived in Garden City and has since passed away predicted this.

He said: "This durian has no clue! A billionaire can walk away from a $40 million apartment in Manhattan at the drop of a hat!"
Mr. Perfect

Re: NYC, RIP?

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Anyone confused on the difference between Democrats and Republicans
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I expect him and every other Democrat in NYC to be re-elected easily.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:03 pm I expect him and every other Democrat in NYC to be re-elected easily.
IIRC, DeBlasio is in his second term, and term limits prevent him from running again. But Bloomberg managed to sidestep that trivial detail.

If not, and DeBlasio runs again and wins, Yeah! Cosmic Justice carried the day yet again!!!

Bizarre how often that happens......
Last edited by Simple Minded on Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Still early in the bottom of the first inning..... but so far the pitching has been wildly out of control.

Slow balls, fast balls, hairy balls, nut busters, sliders, sweaty balls, and trans balls of undetermined sex.......

https://dnyuz.com/2020/08/11/retail-cha ... ainable-2/

it ain't the same ball game anymore folks!

On the plus side, looks like neighborhood gentrification has been solved!

"Get your generic, non-GMO, organically farmed, sustainable, gender neutral POP CORN right here!"
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Highballs, low balls, odd balls and screw balls.......

Bush whackers, high jackers, crackers and slackers.....

Rustlers, hustlers, bottom of the deck dealers........

Grifters, drifters, dreck and muck sifters.....

Theives, skeeves, dagger up the sleeve back stabbers......

heh, he, heheh heh harr harr, hack.... sputter heh.........

"Can you repeat that sir?"..........
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Doc

Post by Doc »

NYC isn't dead They will rebuilt it into something better more aligned with Moscow on the Hudson. The rich (and many others) are fleeing. There is talk of a Brooklyn boat lift. The coast guard of Florida and California have been warned.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:56 am Highballs, low balls, odd balls and screw balls.......

Bush whackers, high jackers, crackers and slackers.....

Rustlers, hustlers, bottom of the deck dealers........

Grifters, drifters, dreck and muck sifters.....

Theives, skeeves, dagger up the sleeve back stabbers......

heh, he, heheh heh harr harr, hack.... sputter heh.........
"And Methodists."
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:56 am "Can you repeat that sir?"..........
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:50 pm NYC isn't dead They will rebuilt it into something better more aligned with Moscow on the Hudson. The rich (and many others) are fleeing. There is talk of a Brooklyn boat lift. The coast guard of Florida and California have been warned.
OOOPS !! Forgot the link.

a0zANdGYYhE
Last edited by Doc on Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:17 pm
Doc wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:50 pm NYC isn't dead They will rebuilt it into something better more aligned with Moscow on the Hudson. The rich (and many others) are fleeing. There is talk of a Brooklyn boat lift. The coast guard of Florida and California have been warned.
OOOps !! Forgot the link.
It's not quite a conspiracy theory...... but Trump did make a name for himself in revamping NYC real estate.... and he did promise to build a wall on the US border..... :?

Would have been nice to see more progress on this in his first two years, but without any support from either party in DC.....

wuyWkNK0-yo
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:06 pm
Doc wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:17 pm
OOOps !! Forgot the link.
It's not quite a conspiracy theory...... but Trump did make a name for himself in revamping NYC real estate.... and he did promise to build a wall on the US border..... :?

Would have been nice to see more progress on this in his first two years, but without any support from either party in DC.....

wuyWkNK0-yo
With Deblaiso and other far left wing Dem Mayors wanting to run their cities as communist states I think Donald Trump is going to make the Big cities pay for the walls. Which is brilliant I mean when did you see a communist government not build a wall to keep people in?
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

I think the mayors of these cities are deep undercover operatives for the Trump re-rlection campaign.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:09 pm I think the mayors of these cities are deep undercover operatives for the Trump re-rlection campaign.
I think they are under cover operatives for the CCP.

https://youtu.be/QJimVpXtpwU?t=316
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Simple Minded wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:09 pm I think the mayors of these cities are deep undercover operatives for the Trump re-rlection campaign.
Weird, looks like Trump is going to lose and the Democrat mayors will be re-elected in landslides.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

New York Is Dead Forever

death by mismanagement and bandwidth
NapLajoieonSteroids

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:07 am New York Is Dead Forever

death by mismanagement and bandwidth

Wow! Nothing like the local perspective. Thanks for posting.

And to think just a couple years ago, conventional wisdom was everyone would be living in cities soon.
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:30 am

Thanks, Nap. Interesting in a depressing sort of way.

Some subsequent tweets claim that this video is two months old and that since then things have improved, however, the general impression remains the same. Sad to see so many American cities going down.

From Seattle:

Does Seattle deserve better than Carmen Best? - Christopher Sandford, Spectator USA, 12 August 2020
https://spectator.us/seattle-better-carmen-best-police/

So the revolution devours its children. On Tuesday, Seattle’s police chief Carmen Best announced her retirement just hours after the city council had voted to strip her department of roughly 130 of its 1,400 officers, with more such cuts promised in the future. Best, 54, was Seattle’s first black police chief. She had served in the department for 28 years. Announcing her departure, Best remarked: ‘It’s not about the money. And it’s not about the demonstrations in our city. Be real. I have a lot thicker skin than that.’

‘It’s really about the overreaching lack of respect for the men and women who work so hard, day in and day out,’ Best added.

The most obvious symptom of a dictatorial government is the combination of delusions of grandeur with an excessive contempt for, and distrust of, the common citizen. Equally characteristic is the systematic need to humiliate the regime’s enemies. Before literally decimating her department, the Seattle council had publicly voted to reduce Chief Best’s own salary from $289,000 to $172,000. Just by way of comparison, Deborah Smith, the head of Seattle City Light, a jungle of a governmental system, as incalculable as any oriental sultanate, currently takes home some $345,000 each year, while her colleague Mami Hara makes do with a mere $300,000. Neither of these public servants is apparently able to keep Seattle’s electricity running without regular and protracted blackouts, but otherwise richly deserve their money.

[...]

To summarize, then: in August 2018, Carmen Best was appointed to head the department she had served throughout her adult life, and was praised by the city council at the time for having ‘a passion for the job, for the officers, and for our city’, and, what’s more, as a black woman who embodied a ‘culture of continuing progress’ in the community. In August 2020, the same Chief Best was effectively hounded out of office by gangs of predominantly white protesters banging drums, shining flashlights and chanting obscenities outside her family residence late on a Saturday night. One of the young activists present told me: ‘We’re here so this pig won’t ever feel safe in her home again.’
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Apollonius wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:53 pm
Thanks, Nap. Interesting in a depressing sort of way.

Some subsequent tweets claim that this video is two months old and that since then things have improved, however, the general impression remains the same. Sad to see so many American cities going down.
I wouldn't call them American cities, they are Democrat cities. This is all about the Democrat Party, and liberalism. This is always the result. There is nothing going on here except the demons inside the party reveling in their destructive powers, destroying humanity any way they can.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Apollonius wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:53 pm

Which may be the case, I have not set foot in Manhattan since before the plague outbreak. But from what I'm hearing from those who have been back since June 1st, or living there, the video captures part of what is going on and being downplayed.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The link returns "Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!".

Is this the video that the link presented?

____

Some current videos of NY: 2020.Aug.17

O-fSJkaUtGI

G955EN8wU_s

More street life than in the previous video, however, still rather quiet for rush hour.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:19 pm

Which may be the case, I have not set foot in Manhattan since before the plague outbreak. But from what I'm hearing from those who have been back since June 1st, or living there, the video captures part of what is going on and being downplayed.
Thanks for the local reporting Napster. My best local source for NYC info bolted a few years ago.

Bizarre as hell to watch these videos. Seems like a sci-fy video, or the movie I am Legend.

Out here in the unsophisticated, non-erudite wilds of SimpleMindedStan, little has changed since COVID birthed. Restaurants that serve takeout are doing fine.
Sit down only restaurants were very badly hurt.
Movie theaters are still closed I think, haven't been in years.
Gyms are open.
Real estate and home improvement businesses are booming.

Wearing masks is a minor headache. Mask wearing compliance is probably up to about 80-90%.

Cultural diversity in America seems to be alive and well. It might even be what saves (some of) us.

IIRC, some of your family owned a lot of land out west. How are they doing?
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

What is happening in NYC, reminds me of a novel I read a long time ago. IIRC, the name was Albert Shoved!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Colonel Sun wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:46 am
The link returns "Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!".

Is this the video that the link presented?

____

Some current videos of NY: 2020.Aug.17

O-fSJkaUtGI

G955EN8wU_s

More street life than in the previous video, however, still rather quiet for rush hour.
Times Square live. Normally Packed tourist pedestrians this time of year.

https://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/ti ... m=tstwo_hd