Local government and politics | NYC et al, RIP?

Simple Minded

Re: Local government and politics | NYC, RIP?

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc may have reported some accurate assessments. I heard a report today that a person who had a business in Portland that was destroyed by the "mostly peaceful protests," that contacted a dozen insurance companies to buy insurance for next year and all of them declined to sell him/her insurance and even refused to quote a price.

That's one way to force the capitalists out of the city.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Colonel Sun wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:02 pm California - Extract or Die
Lets not be so hard on the Left Coast elites. It's not like anyone could have seen this coming ahead of time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_Shrugged
Last edited by Simple Minded on Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Doc

Post by Doc »

When they tell you you don't need a terrorist mastermind to kill Americans, that is when you need a terrorist mastermind to kill Americans

You need the Emmy award winning terrorist masterminds firm of Cuomo and Bin Laden
Ocuomobinladen.jpg
Ocuomobinladen.jpg (89.59 KiB) Viewed 4007 times
https://www.politico.com/states/new-yor ... ws-1363353

Coverup claims engulf Cuomo as scandal over nursing home deaths grows
Last edited by Doc on Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Doc wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:34 pm When they tell you you don't need a terrorist mastermind to kill Americans, that is when you need a terrorist mastermind to kill Americans

You need the terrorist masterminds firm of Cuomo and Bin Laden

Ocuomobinladen.jpg

When you see something like this, what is really going on and which mechanism is in place:

-P2bDgwvv2E
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Doc

Post by Doc »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:42 pm
Doc wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:34 pm When they tell you you don't need a terrorist mastermind to kill Americans, that is when you need a terrorist mastermind to kill Americans

You need the terrorist masterminds firm of Cuomo and Bin Laden

Ocuomobinladen.jpg

When you see something like this, what is really going on and which mechanism is in place:

-P2bDgwvv2E

That is only true if the left doesn't give a rat's A**
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-y ... r-BB1dDYpl

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo draws bipartisan ire for withholding data on nursing home deaths

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cuomo-nurs ... sa-derosa/

Cuomo administration worried data on nursing home deaths was "going to be used against us," aide said
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

City J | Cities hoping to attract footloose workers should embrace growth and affordability.
Outmigration of residents from high-cost “movie-set cities,” such as New York and Los Angeles, to lower-cost locales, such as Denver and Nashville, has generated ample media coverage, especially since the pandemic began. Covid-19 has certainly shaken up American cities. Before Covid, leaders in high-cost cities could assume residential fealty because workers and workplaces needed one another. Remote work has shattered that equation.

Still, long before Covid, people were leaving expensive coastal cities for more affordable and dynamic places. What’s new is greater public awareness of this trend, which has put leaders of high-profile cities on the hot seat and created openings for leaders of inland urban dynamos to innovate—and to attract more people and investment.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

I have seen some claim that Wall Street is the process of moving to Miami

AS for Cuomo Today it came out that Cuomo personally ordered the cover up of Nursing home deaths in his state.

4cmfW1KNP3I
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

I love the neologism ‘Cuomosexual’ for sexual harrassing politicians.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:22 am I love the neologism ‘Cuomosexual’ for sexual harrassing politicians.
Then there is the more definitive Cuomovid19sexual

https://nypost.com/2021/03/05/lawmakers ... me-deaths/
Lawmakers, relatives slam Gov. Cuomo’s cover-up of nursing home deaths

By Carl Campanile, Nolan Hicks and Bernadette Hogan

March 5, 2021 | 12:19pm | Updated

A New York lawmaker labeled “criminal” the actions of Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s office in deciding to scrub the higher, more accurate tally of nursing home residents killed by the coronavirus from a state Health Department report last July.

“This is criminal,” tweeted Assemblyman Ron Kim (D-Queens), who chairs the Aging committee that oversees nursing homes.

“The Gov’s top advisors pushed state health officials to strip a public report of the data showing more nursing home deaths. The changes Cuomo’s aides made to the report reveal that they had the fuller accounting of NH deaths as early as the summer of 2020.”

Kim, whose uncle died of suspected COVID-19 in a nursing home, had previously accused Cuomo’s team of “obstruction of justice” and called for his impeachment.

“It’s criminal what they did and thousands died as a result of their intentional and reckless abuse of power,” Kim told The Post Friday.

Kim also said the earlier cover-up of the accurate count of nursing home deaths clashes with what secretary to the governor Melissa DeRosa told him and other lawmakers at a Feb. 10 virtual meeting. As reported exclusively by The Post, DeRosa claimed Team Cuomo withheld nursing home data from lawmakers because of a federal probe by President Donald Trump’s Justice Department.
Cuomo nursing homes coronavirus
Draft reports from the Health Department also included nursing home residents who died from COVID-19 at hospitals.
SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images

A federal prosecutor-turned-lawmaker was also outraged by the cover-up.

“Let’s be clear: if any State employee knowingly whitewashed an official report to cover up the deaths of New Yorkers, that is unacceptable and unethical, at best. We need to get answers now, and this whole thing reeks,” tweeted Sen. Todd Kaminsky (D-Nassau).

The July report, which largely defended a controversial and since-rescinded administration policy of requiring nursing homes to accept coronavirus patients discharged from hospitals, had said 6,432 nursing home residents died from the virus.

But that figure only listed those who died from the virus at nursing homes.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo's office reportedly decided to scrub a higher, more accurate tally of nursing home residents killed by the coronavirus from a state Health Department report.

Draft reports from the Health Department also included nursing home residents who died from COVID-19 at hospitals, a tally of more than 9,000. But top aides to Cuomo serving on his coronavirus task force stripped the more complete count from the final report, the Wall Street Journal reported.

Updated data reveal that more than 15,000 nursing home and other long-term care residents died from COVID-19.

“Sadly Cuomo has boxed himself into a corner with little room but to resign,” said Vivian Zayas, founder of VoicesForSeniors, whose mom, Ana Martinez, died from COVID-19 at a Long Island nursing home.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:22 am I love the neologism ‘Cuomosexual’ for sexual harrassing politicians.
Thanks Nonc.

I got some mileage out of this one today. I was talking to a New York Life Insurance agent in Upstate NY today who has done business with our family for decades. He is Italian so we have shared some Italian humor over the years.

One time he was going to meet me in the Hilton Diner in Hilton, NY. He said "I'll be the Italian looking guy!" I said "Thanks! You've just described all of guys in Spencerport and half of the guys in Hilton!"

At one point today I asked him "So, how's your governor doing?" After struggling to muffle his response, he burst out laughing and shared some very guarded observations.

Later, while on the line with him and another agent I asked "I have a technical question for you guys. What do you can a politician who sexually harasses his subordinates?........A Cuomosexual!"

After about 10 seconds of suppressed giggles they both burst out laughing for about 45 seconds. Then the other guy says "Uh... um.... you guys... this is a recorded conversation...."

I said "Hey you guys are safe, you're not talking politics I am. And I'm the customer!"
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Reason | The dream of the '90s died in Portland

Interesting, as I knew nothing about the history of Portland.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Colonel Sun wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:48 am Reason | The dream of the '90s died in Portland

No mention of people moving to Portland from California over the last 20 to 30 years.
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Doc wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:48 am
Colonel Sun wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:48 am Reason | The dream of the '90s died in Portland

No mention of people moving to Portland from California over the last 20 to 30 years.

The author herself moved to Portland from Los Angeles less than twenty years ago. Whenever I visited the state you could not fail to notice the were signs and bumper stickers 'Don't Californicate Oregon' already in the early 1980s.
Apollonius

Re: Local government and politics | NYC et al, RIP?

Post by Apollonius »

Quite a kerfuffle over at Quillette about the comments to their article 'Leaving Portland' by Michael J. Totten:

https://quillette.com/2021/03/14/leaving-portland/

Quillette's motto is 'Free Speech Lives' but it appears that criticism of the author was just too intense for them. The comments are no longer accessible from the page where the article appears. No one has provided an official explanation but it seems likely that the author threatened legal action or at a minimum, bad publicity directed against the magazine.

It's really quite extraordinary. Quillette's forum is moderated and there are some limits and guidelines, however, this is the first time that an entire thread, consisting of a couple hundred posts has been deleted.

Some of the best comments were reproduced on another thread with the same title, but not linked to from the article itself:

https://forum.quillette.com/t/leaving-portland/21244/

It's certain that Totten, who describes himself as a 'moderate', didn't like being called out for being one of the people who repeatedly voted for what Portland was doing, yet when the results were a disaster he moved out of the city to get away from those results, and didn't like being reminded of that fact that it was people like him that got the city in the mess it has become.

What really got the ire up of his critics, though, was comparing one day of political theater at the Capitol in Washington, D.C. with months and months of rioting, arson, looting, and violence (including murder) in Portland. This is of course standard protocol for the obnoxious mainstream media, run by people who report current events on a highly selective basis, lie about them whenever necessary, want to change the meaning of words to suit their purposes, and even ban words altogether. I guess people reading Quillette were expecting better even knowing the author is a lifelong Democrat.

I think I may have mentioned that I remain fairly well informed about Portland. I still have contacts there, though some of them have felt, like Michael Totten, that they had no option but to flee a danger zone and have moved out of the chaos and mayhem which has engulfed many parts of the city.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Apollonius wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:37 pm
Doc wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:48 am

The author herself moved to Portland from Los Angeles less than twenty years ago. Whenever I visited the state you could not fail to notice the were signs and bumper stickers 'Don't Californicate Oregon' already in the early 1980s.
Yeah I remember a report on TV. An interview with a woman that had just moved from California to Portland. She was telling the reporter "It is amazing how livable Portland is" Maybe should should have followed that with "Hold my wine" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Anyone want to see the proposed new South Dakota?.....'>.......

Minnesota lawmaker proposes path for counties to join South Dakota

https://www.fox9.com/news/minnesota-law ... uth-dakota
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Had a look at Times Square, NY live.

AdUw5RdyZxI

Given that it is early afternoon there, still seems rather empty.
Very little pedestrian and road traffic.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

New York City can't manage to count the votes in the Democratic primary for mayor, which was held a week ago.

Why was there a 'test run' of votes with the real candidates names?

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:41 am New York City can't manage to count the votes in the Democratic primary for mayor, which was held a week ago.

:lol: I knew this was going to happen! After I heard the NYC Mayor primary voting day was over, I told my wife "13 days after the POTUS election, NYC announced they had only counted about half the votes! It will be mid-July at best before they know the results."

The inevitable result of viewing Arithmetic, Science, and punctuality as tools of "White Oppression."

"We" should give NYC to the PRC as part of our debt repayment. New management is needed there. Yellow liberation has to be better than White Oppression.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:44 am
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:41 am New York City can't manage to count the votes in the Democratic primary for mayor, which was held a week ago.

:lol: I knew this was going to happen! After I heard the NYC Mayor primary voting day was over, I told my wife "13 days after the POTUS election, NYC announced they had only counted about half the votes! It will be mid-July at best before they know the results."

The inevitable result of viewing Arithmetic, Science, and punctuality as tools of "White Oppression."

"We" should give NYC to the PRC as part of our debt repayment. New management is needed there. Yellow liberation has to be better than White Oppression.
Hey give them a break The results are just delayed because they have to keep counting until the correct candidate wins.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:17 am
Hey give them a break The results are just delayed because they have to keep counting until the correct candidate wins.

Tucker Carlson talked about the election tonight. The Black guy who doesn't think cops are evil is unacceptable to the NYC White Liberals power brokers who want to dictate to black people how they should, think, live, and vote.

"Hey you melanin privileged ingrates! We painted "BLACK LIVES MATTER!" in yuge letters on a couple streets! What the Hell more do you people want?"

White Fragility indeed!
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Two days apart:

Reminds me of the Napoleon headlines (too good not to post):

March 9

THE ANTHROPOPHAGUS HAS QUITTED HIS DEN

March 10

THE CORSICAN OGRE HAS LANDED AT CAPE JUAN

March 11

THE TIGER HAS ARRIVED AT CAP

March 12

THE MONSTER SLEPT AT GRENOBLE

March 13

THE TYRANT HAS PASSED THOUGH LYONS

March 14

THE USURPER IS DIRECTING HIS STEPS TOWARDS DIJON

March 18

BONAPARTE IS ONLY SIXTY LEAGUES FROM THE CAPITAL

He has been fortunate enough to escape his pursuers

March 19

BONAPARTE IS ADVANCING WITH RAPID STEPS, BUT HE WILL NEVER ENTER PARIS

March 20

NAPOLEON WILL, TOMORROW, BE UNDER OUR RAMPARTS

March 21

THE EMPEROR IS AT FONTAINEBLEAU

March 22

HIS IMPERIAL AND ROYAL MAJESTY arrived yesterday evening at the Tuileries, amid the joyful acclamation of his devoted and faithful subjects
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

the moor things change, the moor they remain the same......