POTUS Election 2024 | Here we go again . . .

Parodite

Re: POTUS Election 2024 | Here we go again . . .

Post by Parodite »

What about smooth babbler Ramaswamy and his revolution type 1776? Any US patriots with an opinion?

He wants to abolish the Department of Education, the FBI, the ATF, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, the IRS, the Department of Commerce and put the army at border control in the south.

He called Zelenski of Ukraine a fraud and withdraw all aid, wants to make a deal with Putin that he can keep part of Donbas but has to step out of all security agreements with ccp china.

Now all these goals appear to me... doomed to crash on the rocks. And Trump is so much ahead in the polls becoming more popular every day, like a true messiah crucified... how can a Hinduman beat that?
Deep down I'm very superficial
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Maybe among twenty-somethings, where style IS the substance....'>.....
“Ramaswamy has made inroads among younger Republican Primary voters: 16% of voters under 35 support Ramaswamy, compared to 48% who support Trump and 15% DeSantis. DeSantis still holds 12% of voters over 65, while Trump holds 50% among this group and Ramaswamy holds 3%.”
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Doc

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:49 pm What about smooth babbler Ramaswamy and his revolution type 1776? Any US patriots with an opinion?

He wants to abolish the Department of Education, the FBI, the ATF, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, the IRS, the Department of Commerce and put the army at border control in the south.

He called Zelenski of Ukraine a fraud and withdraw all aid, wants to make a deal with Putin that he can keep part of Donbas but has to step out of all security agreements with ccp china.

Now all these goals appear to me... doomed to crash on the rocks. And Trump is so much ahead in the polls becoming more popular every day, like a true messiah crucified... how can a Hinduman beat that?
Given all the recent SCOTUS decisions against the ATF lately does it have anything left to do beside patrol the borders between states looking for people bring in cigarettes' from other states?

And what is it the US dept of education does again? And the IRS, that no longer audits rich men north of Richmond because it is too much trouble? And the FBI? What does it do but enforce the two tiered justice system?
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Ramaswamy is erudite and a clear thinker. No experience.

Trump will walk away with this. The Dems can’t wait to throw him in the briar patch again. Look for Trump’s ‘trial’ to be the most novel campaign ever.

https://youtu.be/7Z2kI-Z1O10
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Parodite

Vivek's 9/11 spin [Re: POTUS Election 2024 | Here we go again . . .]

Post by Parodite »

So I guess tonight Ramaswamy will be hammered on his 9/11 remarks. Megyn Kelly explains....
It is so interesting people hear different things. I just thought i heared Ramaswamy say, in my own words:

"People are allowed to ask questions, and on important issues like 9/11 and jan 6 there need to be reliable answers to any and all questions people happen to have. The government can not be trusted to be open and telling the truth, I want to change that."

Given that this is just what I hear him say literally and implicitly... and then listen to Megyn Kelly, she makes no sense to me at all. Also David Goldman thinks Ramaswamy is erratic and mentions Vivek's same 9/11 remarks. Maybe it's that tribal connection again... Kelly cheerleads team Trump, Goldman adores DeSantis. I like Ramaswampy, so maybe that's my bias.

May the worst spin doctor win. So far, Ramaswamy doesn't engage in much spin doctoring, but the others are seasoned spin doctors and will inflate his mild spins in a way that makes him look like an erratic dishonest person who doesn't live by his own standards of truthtelling.

Curious to see how he will defend himself against the pitbulls.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Just methinks: Ramaswampy didn't get hammered too much, except on Ukraine and rightly so. His performance was OK but not "presidential" enough to get a big boost among older voters. DeSanctis did well, maybe he understood he should not let his advisors have the last word on the does and donts because it kills his authentic voice and then inevitably costs him votes.

Trump on Tucky C. did relatively well. Is there any way the GOP can stop him from running and winning?

It seems to me all Trump needs to do if he runs again against Biden or whoever, is say that the 2020 election and Jan. 6 only means we need to work on election integrity: voter ID+paper ballots+one day voting+make that day a national holiday (seems to me this has huge bipartisan support) as an amendment to the constitution that makes this a federal issue. As long as Mericans want to leave it to the states how they vote and count votes... well, good luck with your "democracy". This is the reason banana republics thrive: the one core requirement for any democracy to work does not exist; voters trusting the results of an election.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Vivek is a stalking horse. Trying out new messaging for the milennials.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:21 pm Vivek is a stalking horse.
:D
Ana:
Vivek Ramaswamy :: A Warm Savvy Mike
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

https://x.com/VivekGRamaswamy/status/17 ... 10822?s=20

Vivvy:
We will restore economic growth again in America:
1. Drill, frack, burn coal, embrace nuclear.
2. Put people back to work: stop paying them to stay home.
3. Single mandate for U.S. Fed: stabilize the dollar.
4. Shut down the regulatory state.
In a nutshell why he won't unite the country with a landslide victory. To convince non-republicans, you must speak their language and address their concerns. He doesn't or too little. A missed opportunity! The policies and change he is after can serve environmental concerns and offer solutions, even climate change. The needs of the poor, the working class, the underprivileged, those being ejected back into extreme financial vulnerability after massive lay-offs while machines and ai take over, if not by cheap labor in poor countries elsewhere. Why would they vote for Viv? They shouldn't... IMHO, when all he has to offer is "Find an honest job in the free market, study, work hard, be a responsible citizen!" which translates in their minds only as a "You can go to Hell!".

Another shark that will eat him, is the fact that he may be right about the constitutional right of a POTUS to shut down institutions like FBI with 50% lay-offs and a radical re-organization; it can frighten people into believing Viv wants to give a POTUS dictatorial powers. He should counter that fear in time... also because he claims to promote the opposite: a smaller, cost-effective gvt that is controlled by the people and not the other way round.

Just calling climate change a hoax doesn't convince believers. Better would be pointing out that next gen nuclear helps reducing C02 which is a good thing because 1) to many people global warming is an existential threat, and 2) it is better to stay on the safe side of things when there are a lot of uncertainties and unknowns in climate science (the truth) so reducing C02 emission is always a good thing, 3) point to other less controversial threats to the environment like massive deforestation, extinction of species, ongoing pollution, new chemicals being released with unknown long-term effects on ecosystems etc. Add however, that all must be a judgement informed by an honest cost-benefit analysis.

Unless Viv Puts on an occasional Green Peace hat and shows he cares and has some good ideas of how to protect the ecosystem better, show he is sensitive to the poor women and children mining for cobalt in Congo to power our e-cars, to how the working class needs him because he best serves their interests. Moderate Dems and especially young left-leaning people need to sense that their concerns matter to a landslide POTUS.

For now he brands himself as a libertarian-republican-freedom-individual-family-country-God man, which makes his landslide victory a pipedream.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

The headwaters of the Ramyswanee River are in the Big Pharma highlands of Geneva.

He’s a stalking horse testing how voters respond to his messaging.

Trump is unbeatable. He’s the most popular candidate in history. The uniparty is going to have to disrupt the election.

Tom Luongo looks at this election as the long awaited war between the Obama and Clinton factions of the DNC. That is certainly the most interesting aspect of 2024.

Teresa of Ávila
Parodite

Who needs messy [Re: POTUS Election 2024 | Here we go again . . .]

Post by Parodite »

How likely is it that most Americans will trust the outcome of a national election again? Close to zero. The loser will always litigate against the winner. If you can't win by vote, you can win with sustained lawfare; just drain your opponent to death. Trump is an extreme example and the beginning of what appears to become eternal lawfare, never ending impeachments, 24/7 media mud fights plus social media kangaroo courts.

When states themselves can decide how they organize national elections and harvest votes... you will never have a national democracy, so me thought. But maybe there is a profound metaphysical wisdom in having a shabby national voting process full of vulnerabilities and faulty loopholes; when the door is always open for states to mess and rig around, only a national strong ethical moral sense can keep the country together. The American experiment thusly fails or succeeds depending on the ethics, moral standing, the love for truth and fairness of its citizens.

A people that only behaves nicely and orderly because laws and regulations force them to, with an armed police officer on every street corner to monitor the process... does probably not breed a favorable type of human being. Such a soulless conditioned automaton cog is produced in CCP China, not the breeding program you normally find in Farm USA or Knucklehead Europe.

Maybe there is something like an optimal order-chaos ratio for a society to produce the best possible individuals.
Last edited by Parodite on Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/25/sen-men ... idappshare

Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey suggested that the cash seized by federal investigators from his home came from his personal savings account.

Menendez and his wife were indicted on federal bribery charges in New York last week.

Investigators found more than $480,000 in cash “hidden in clothing, closets, and a safe,” according to a three-count indictment.

They would have known this for some time

But now , for political reason , Sen. Bob Menendez has to go

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/menend ... 023-09-22/

WASHINGTON, Sept 22 (Reuters) - The charges against Democratic Senator Bob Menendez will cost President Joe Biden one of his most effective allies in Congress as he rallies support for aid to Ukraine and works to reclaim U.S. leadership on global issues from climate change to China.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

It's not about knowing. Bob Menendez was up on charges before, which he beat with a hung jury.

The problem is cultural. Not enough constituents in New Jersey care; the courts in blue areas will not convict Democrats; his fellow Senators-- all of Washington really-- know Menendez as a man with little scruples and yet they put him in charge of the powerful Foreign Relations Committee.

That is one of the most corrupt spots in congress and so dirty I think it's time we march them all down to the Potomac and dunk'em for a period of weeks.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: Who needs messy [Re: POTUS Election 2024 | Here we go again . . .]

Parodite wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:22 pm How likely is it that most Americans will trust the outcome of a national election again? Close to zero. The loser will always litigate against the winner. If you can't win by vote, you can win with sustained lawfare; just drain your opponent to death. Trump is an extreme example and the beginning of what appears to become eternal lawfare, never ending impeachments, 24/7 media mud fights plus social media kangaroo courts.

When states themselves can decide how they organize national elections and harvest votes... you will never have a national democracy, so me thought. But maybe there is a profound metaphysical wisdom in having a shabby national voting process full of vulnerabilities and faulty loopholes; when the door is always open for states to mess and rig around, only a national strong ethical moral sense can keep the country together. The American experiment thusly fails or succeeds depending on the ethics, moral standing, the love for truth and fairness of its citizens.

A people that only behaves nicely and orderly because laws and regulations force them to, with an armed police officer on every street corner to monitor the process... does probably not breed a favorable type of human being. Such a soulless conditioned automaton cog is produced in CCP China, not the breeding program you normally find in Farm USA or Knucklehead Europe.

Maybe there is something like an optimal order-chaos ratio for a society to produce the best possible individuals.
Americans have not trusted the outcome of a national election since Bush v Gore; and arguably the whole thing came apart with Bill Clinton being elected twice with pluralities. We've not had a legitimate, agreed upon president since Bush I.
Heracleum Persicum

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Israel fiasco could help Biden win 2024 presidency

GOP, Trump, Trump supporters, they still living in old good days .. thinkin US, US used 2B

Trump supporters not yet realized Americans got off the fake Israeli train and now on the Pali side

Biden, Blinken, following the old line, suddenly woke up and changed horse, Blinken now worried too many Palestinian being killed :lol:

Trump between a rock and a hard place, he prisoner of "evangelicalism Rapture" crazy folks. :D
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/29/elon-mu ... trump.html

“I would not vote for Biden,” Musk said during a wide-ranging interview with Andrew Ross Sorkin at the DealBook Summit in New York. “I’m not saying I’d vote for Trump.”

When asked what he’d do if those were the two nominees, Musk said, “This is definitely a difficult choice here.”

Agree .. difficult choice

Although, in foreign policy, Trump would follow Biden policy, as foreign policy of US if not decided by POTUS, president just executing the policy set long term

The main action, Trump or Biden is internal policy.
Heracleum Persicum

Odds trump would win 2024 election seems big

Although I think he will not, if so, interesting to see who will

but

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump- ... 023-12-18/

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trumps ... 023-12-18/

He will make big changes in foreign policy, exit NATO, hand over Ukraine to Putin, squeeze Xi a bit more .. mad mullahs preparing for him.

AND

Where is democracy headed in 2024 ?
Trump may have the final word

For those who worry that authoritarian rulers are firmly in the ascendant over more liberal democrats, there is likely to be much to fret about in 2024.

Joe believing less and less in Mermaids, Trump will fast track things.
NapLajoieonSteroids

NapLajoieonSteroids

NapLajoieonSteroids

Heracleum Persicum

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/52HIOtECfKY

Compare him with Bush, Clintons, Obama .. :lol:
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

While Ramaswamy may know nada about foreign policy, he's spot on with regards to domestic policy.

Vivek Ramaswamy on NBC's Meet the Press

More inquisition than interview, yet he handled it brilliantly.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Vivek makes everybody else look a bit awkward.
Heracleum Persicum

I like Trump and if I was American would have voted for him be next president

He is now smarter and 2024 world not anymore 2020 .. we now in a different world in all respects

Trump now knows Iran KEY for US/Western China file, he will try "everything" to shake hand with mad mullahs .. mad mullahs are already preparing for that.

BiBi counting on Trump, a mistake.

Trump a businessman, for him things "Dollar& cents", there no holly cow, BiBi not know what's comin.