Australia - Human Rights

noddy

Re: Australia - Human Rights

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:43 am
noddy wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:30 am Nothing new about it.

Sin taxes on grog and smokes, bans on drugs, public funded healthcare.

Roles of government all over the world my entire life.

Rolling the new wokeling environment stuff into that seems disengenious.
My point (and what I read from the text) was that broadly, it's the only thing left to any of these governments. To what degree is where it differs.

At the same time we are in need of uniformity, and so we (and I mean we as in the US) have some bizarre tantrums to go with tv scolds...

...like I said the other day, unable to go about it communally.

============================

Even the sin taxes though are now immediately in the health category...no longer sins and not even culturally verboten either. We are free, as long as we understand that health is our obligation and shall be enforced come hell or highwater. :)

but for me, this is sort of compartmentalized with the pressing concern of a novel airborne virus.

The situation is between a rock and a hard place.
Well the problem with the enforced health is the alternative is worse

Corporates and governments rejecting coverage due to sinful lifestyles.

For now, i prefer the erring on the side of everyone gets treatment.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

my only regret is i dont have the correct contacts or personality to setup a gofundme or patreon to help people funding my savings.

being saved i mean.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:40 am

my only regret is i dont have the correct contacts or personality to setup a gofundme or patreon to help people funding my savings.

being saved i mean.

Better yet. Just apply to the NIH to do funding to create deadly viruses.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

I think he should be fined again for poor posture. How can one call themselves a "premier" hunched over and lurching around like that? :)
noddy

Post by noddy »

he is the dictionary definition of the modern technocrat type politician - got that middle class schoolboy with zero life experience outside his sheltered enclave thing down pat.

shame he didnt get pepper sprayed.

for a somewhat more serious aspect, melbourne is showing lockdown fatigue is real and the problem with not doing short sharp ones.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/inno ... 5b37b83c19

turns out, in reality 3/4 of the population didnt really bother with the last one.

freedom is a state of mind, not a political proclamation.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

its been incredible reading about the media in the US.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/t ... d2aa7284cc
A conservative US commentator has suggested America should “invade” to liberate Australians from “tyrannical” Covid-19 restrictions, likening the country to the early stages of a dictatorship under Hitler or Stalin.

Daily Wire host Candace Owens made the provocative comments in her Tuesday show, saying that her husband has family members in Australia, one of whom recently shared that “the mental state of everyone around her was in steep decline”.

“She shared with him a message that she had received from a friend of hers, a woman who lives in Queensland, and the message is genuinely shocking,” Owens said.

“I was shocked reading this message and I decided that for this episode I’m just going to read it for verbatim. It’s a list of the Covid rules that Australian citizens are being made to follow. As I read this I want you to close your eyes and imagine that this was your life, and what your mental state would be like if you were being made to abide by these rules.”
reality.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-w ... -c-4151144
Queensland has managed to repeatedly dodge COVID-19 lockdowns, leaving many wondering - how do they do it?
this stuff isnt difference of opinion, its a constant source of outright lies.
ultracrepidarian
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

At least you can say we care, even if we're getting it laughably wrong.
noddy

Post by noddy »

everyone is looking at the american bases differently now :)

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-23/ ... /100553548
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

We just spent two decades and billions of dollars fighting in desert countries; but hear me out, what if we spend the next two decades and billions of dollars fighting on a desert continent? ;)
noddy

Post by noddy »

due to the nature of our millitary alliance, our gubmint would fall over itself to help you oust themselves.

the people would just look on, confused.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

crashtech66 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:32 pm At least you can say we care, even if we're getting it laughably wrong.
Back when I lived in the US Midwest I recall a Canadian friend saying that he was very happy that most Americans, and most important, most American politicians could not locate Canada on a map as the last thing any nation wants is American attention and American's good intentions.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

Typhoon wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:52 am
crashtech66 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:32 pm At least you can say we care, even if we're getting it laughably wrong.
Back when I lived in the US Midwest I recall a Canadian friend saying that he was very happy that most Americans, and most important, most American politicians could not locate Canada on a map as the last thing any nation wants is American attention and American's good intentions.
I'm offended on behalf of my people :lol:
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:33 am due to the nature of our millitary alliance, our gubmint would fall over itself to help you oust themselves.

the people would just look on, confused.
We call that the coalition of the willing. :)
Doc

Post by Doc »

crashtech66 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:54 am
Typhoon wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:52 am
I'm offended on behalf of my people :lol:
I remember an AP(?) photograph from years ago that was labeled "US president Bill Clinton, UK Prime Minister Tony Blair, and unidentified person"

The unidentified person being Jean Chrétien the then prime minister of Canada. As I recall a Canadian sent me that. Which just goes to show how good Canadians are at flying under the radar. :lol:
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy

Post by noddy »

yeh the rhetoric is heating up at the moment

everyone just wants it over and the dispute over rhe role of vaccines in that step is the key issue.

on one side we have the corporate nazis forcing dangerous chemicals on to an unwilling populace.

on the other , a collation of various right and left wing fringe anti vax groups whipping eachother it a frenzy with misrepresented facts shared on social media.

this is a cut the baby in half issue, their will be no compromises on either side, just a battle of wills.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

He keeps going on like that and then he'll never have a chance to be That Fella From Down Under. :)

---------------

Frankly, by this point, we should just go all in with the chemical warfare. Mustard Gas for everyone.
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:16 am

Frankly, by this point, we should just go all in with the chemical warfare. Mustard Gas for everyone.
not a bad idea, just need to donate a few billion to pfizer so they can develop ketchup gas and bratwurst gas to go with it.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

https://www.thesouthafrican.com/culture ... -finalist/

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/5 ... -art-prize

Iranian Refugee
who paints with a toothbrush
nominated for top Australian art prize

Azimitabar's self-portrait was painted using a toothbrush, a technique he began experimenting with in 2014, soon after being put into one of Australia's offshore immigration detention camps on Manus Island, Papua New Guinea.

"I asked one of the officers on Manus: 'Can I have some paint?'... I would like to do some artwork because I don't want to give up'," he recalled.
NapLajoieonSteroids

This is a misconceived because the guy wasn't kicked out of the restaurant for COVID reasons but because of drunken rowdiness.

Furthermore, the security guard lost his job over it. (Should have had charges too? Was he charged?)

But there is a definite pattern in Melbourne; let's call it the local custom :D :

'Ya know how the Gasden Flag's motto is: "Don't Tread On Me"?

The Melbourne motto seems to be: "By All Means, Tread When You Can" :) or is it, "Choke and Beat Me, Please?" Is it some sort of weird S&M thing?
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:08 am This is a misconceived because the guy wasn't kicked out of the restaurant for COVID reasons but because of drunken rowdiness.

Furthermore, the security guard lost his job over it. (Should have had charges too? Was he charged?)

But there is a definite pattern in Melbourne; let's call it the local custom :D :

'Ya know how the Gasden Flag's motto is: "Don't Tread On Me"?

The Melbourne motto seems to be: "By All Means, Tread When You Can" :) or is it, "Choke and Beat Me, Please?" Is it some sort of weird S&M thing?
Colonial subjects are property of their sovereign.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Doc wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:36 am
I've got to give credit to us Americans. Choking, kicking & beating is much less efficient and time consuming than shooting. :)
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:39 am
Doc wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:36 am
I've got to give credit to us Americans. Choking, kicking & beating is much less efficient and time consuming than shooting. :)
If the sovereign fits wear it.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Is teleporting white men a thing in Australia? Are they the ones sending the balloons?

The rapping is truly an offense against human rights.
noddy

Post by noddy »

https://www.9news.com.au/national/bunni ... 43d7b8a2c9
Bunnings has set the record straight after concerns incoming food safety laws would spell the demise of the business' beloved sausage sizzles.
Food Standards Australia and New Zealand are introducing new requirements for people in the food service, catering and retail sectors to undergo an online training course before they are able to handle food from December this year.
People worrying about the short term covid responses in this country had no idea how pathetic our middle class is here in the big cities.

the australian version of the hotdog - a basic fried pork sausage and onions on a slice of bread , which has been safely served in the 100's of thousands EVERY DAY for a century without killing anyone, is now subject to food safety compulsory training courses

this is pretty much the staple of any gathering that needs to feed alot of hungry boys very cheaply and minimum fuss.

they are now claiming you wil be exempt if you are doing it for charity- which exposes exactly how much this is a money grubbing scheme, not a food safety issue.
ultracrepidarian