Fasting

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
noddy

Fasting

Post by noddy »

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news ... t-for-lent
Back in the 1600s, Paulaner monks moved from Southern Italy to the Cloister Neudeck ob der Au in Bavaria. “Being a strict order, they were not allowed to consume solid food during Lent,” the braumeister and beer sommelier of Paulaner Brewery Martin Zuber explained in a video on the company’s website.

They needed something other than water to sustain them, so the monks turned to a common staple of the time of their region – beer. They concocted an “unusually strong” brew, full of carbohydrates and nutrients, because “liquid bread wouldn’t break the fast,” Zuber noted.
Wilson noted that he was acutely hungry for the first several days of his fast, but “my body then switched gears, replaced hunger with focus, and I found myself operating in a tunnel of clarity unlike anything I’d ever experienced.” He ended up losing over 25 pounds over the course of the Lenten season, but learned to practice “self-discipline.”
so a month long bender is good for you.

good to know. good to know.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Re: Fasting.

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:29 am https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news ... t-for-lent
Back in the 1600s, Paulaner monks moved from Southern Italy to the . “Being a strict order, they were not allowed to consume solid food during Lent,” the braumeister and beer sommelier of Paulaner Brewery Martin Zuber explained in a video on the company’s website.

They needed something other than water to sustain them, so the monks turned to a common staple of the time of their region – beer. They concocted an “unusually strong” brew, full of carbohydrates and nutrients, because “liquid bread wouldn’t break the fast,” Zuber noted.
Wilson noted that he was acutely hungry for the first several days of his fast, but “my body then switched gears, replaced hunger with focus, and I found myself operating in a tunnel of clarity unlike anything I’d ever experienced.” He ended up losing over 25 pounds over the course of the Lenten season, but learned to practice “self-discipline.”
so a month long bender is good for you.

good to know. good to know.
"The Lord works in mysterious ways!"

Only those with extreme self-discipline shall know the "peace that exceeds all expectations!"

"Practice makes perfect!"
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Re: Fasting.

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Visualise the prospects of spending as much time feeding your face as you do at work.....'>.......

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/ti ... ted-eating

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/in ... ting-guide
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Typhoon

Intermittent fasting

Post by Typhoon »

Although this belong in the Science - Medicine section, still

Science | A time to fast

F1.large.jpg
F1.large.jpg (152.87 KiB) Viewed 545 times

Personal anecdote.

Intermittent fasting, eating only within a 2 hour window, has helped with my ongoing health issue including a decrease in inflammation and other symptoms. Water, green tea, or black coffee the rest of the time.

Side benefits include weight loss [~ 28 kg or 62 lbs]. Weight gain was due to an [unsuccessful] experimental treatment including high-dose steroids.

Heart rate down to 60 bpm from 85 bpm. Blood pressure down from 140/95 to 105/65 systolic/diastolic.

Also exercise including brisk walking at least 1 hour / day.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Re: Fasting

Post by noddy »

interesting.

Im slowly dabbling with such things - my weight has tipped over from being large to being a fatty lumpkin so something needs to be done about it.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

It may be total bunkum but I'm a huge believer in getting that walking into any fitness program. It's a most underrated activity; the one the human body is uniquely built.

Anecdotal but everyone I know who has taken up a fasting program similar to Typhoon's has lost weight and has seen their other health problems diminish in severity.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Good information to know. Most of us can benefit from more self-discipline.

After over a year of "COVID End of the World Horror stories," I have not seen a significant decrease in human body mass indices. Not sure many believed the hype.

A lot like tailgaters, some of them seem to have no self-preservation instincts.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:35 pm Good information to know. Most of us can benefit from more self-discipline.

After over a year of "COVID End of the World Horror stories," I have not seen a significant decrease in human body mass indices. Not sure many believed the hype.

A lot like tailgaters, some of them seem to have no self-preservation instincts.
not at all.

ive been consistent in the fact that the solution is other people not standing close and coughing on me.

my own fatness isnt part of that reality!
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:27 am
Simple Minded wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 12:35 pm Good information to know. Most of us can benefit from more self-discipline.

not at all.

ive been consistent in the fact that the solution is other people not standing close and coughing on me.

my own fatness isnt part of that reality!
Good point. Thankfully, I've found that obesity isn't as contagious as paranoia.

Hanging with Fred might increase my chances of delusion, panic, and butt-hurt, but it won't affect my BMI!!!

Paraphrasing George Orwell "Some Co-morbidities are more equal than other Co-morbidities."
noddy

Post by noddy »

i have been mildly inspired to push my efforts up a notch.

only eating in a 6 hour window between 1 and 7 and no alcohol or drinks with sugar in them.

had already pushed the walking levels up, moving to a property in the country, its lots of walking just going to the dunny.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:55 am i have been mildly inspired to push my efforts up a notch.

only eating in a 6 hour window between 1 and 7 and no alcohol or drinks with sugar in them.

had already pushed the walking levels up, moving to a property in the country, its lots of walking just going to the dunny.
sounds like a plan. no doubt if we had dunnys in Merika, we'd have less fatties!

have you got any goals in mind? x kgs in y months?

I suspect that that just having easy access to the great outdoors will be an excellent motivation/opportunity.

if not, sustained walkabouts looking for Yowies will help!

interesting to see how many fatties over here are in close proximity to others and wearing their masks over only their mouth or chin. Our pols and MSM have lost so much credibility, it really doesn't matter what they say. I think that was their plan all along. No credibility means lots of freedom.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:21 pm
noddy wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:55 am i have been mildly inspired to push my efforts up a notch.

sounds like a plan. no doubt if we had dunnys in Merika, we'd have less fatties!

I suspect that that just having easy access to the great outdoors will be an excellent motivation/opportunity.

interesting to see how many fatties over here are in close proximity to others and wearing their masks over only their mouth or chin. Our pols and MSM have lost so much credibility, it really doesn't matter what they say. I think that was their plan all along. No credibility means lots of freedom.
ive never believed in goals like that , just general directions - the goal (as it where) is that my daily activities dont make me fatter.

ive been skinny all my life - this dabble in fatness happened as middle aged hit me like a truck, it was kinda fun for a while but im sick of getting sore feet
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:34 am
Simple Minded wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:21 pm

ive never believed in goals like that , just general directions - the goal (as it where) is that my daily activities dont make me fatter.

ive been skinny all my life - this dabble in fatness happened as middle aged hit me like a truck, it was kinda fun for a while but im sick of getting sore feet
Avoidance of pain is a great motivator. Even with no cartilage in my right hip, and bone on bone for years (what ball and socket) the right mixture of strength training and stretching meant no pain. But the window of how much of each and when kept getting narrower. Total Hip Replacement is a great medical innovation.

Ny wife and I often say the chunk of land we bought is a giant piece of exercise equipment. Dogs agree.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

If you have the self-discipline to stick with it, creating a schedule of regular masturbation would be beneficial. Never good to start something you aren't willing to finish though.

Since you don't need any exercise equipment, it can be done anywhere at any time!

I think the link between middle age, masturbating less, and weight gain is more than just a correlation.......
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:44 pm

If you have the self-discipline to stick with it, creating a schedule of regular masturbation would be beneficial. Never good to start something you aren't willing to finish though.

Since you don't need any exercise equipment, it can be done anywhere at any time!

I think the link between middle age, masturbating less, and weight gain is more than just a correlation.......
it has become apparent how you burnt your hip joints away.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:11 am
Simple Minded wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:44 pm

it has become apparent how you burnt your hip joints away.
I coulda been a contender! Damn shame when promising careers end in their prime.......
noddy

Post by noddy »

ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:25 pm Up against 'stiff' competition

https://www.police1.com/bizarre/article ... v4IBLKjmz/
Makes my point. If he wasn't following a very disciplined exercise program, he probably could have only held off two or three cops at most......

I'm thinking Martial Arts/Sex Therapy boutiques could be a money maker.

do you know if he was charged with wielding a deadly weapon?
noddy

Post by noddy »

now you are part man part robot, you just need to upgrade the motor systems in your lower half and im confident you can beat that record.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

There is certainly a clarity of mind and peace which comes along with fasting.
noddy

Post by noddy »

yes, on simmilar levels its good to remember that it wasnt that long ago that sugar was considered a drug.

the post carb/sugar mood swings are a big part of it.
ultracrepidarian