Ukraine

Nonc Hilaire

Re: Ukraine

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Somebody told me I should trust FT

“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:06 pm Somebody told me I should trust FT

Yes, that is the plan
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:06 pm Somebody told me I should trust FT

The article, yes. The looney tune's extrapolation from it, no.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

The article, yes. The looney tune's extrapolation from it, no.
Why do you call a credentialed economist working in the banking industry a ‘looney tune’?
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

There always is causal space (having to guess) to frame decisions made by US officials using mind reading capabilities in creative ways. Personally I don't care much what the motives are exactly of the USA to support Ukraine and now Israel. I like it they do it.

One could try mind read that woman, famous or not, but from her picture and comment alone it looks like she has some serious issues in her life that removed most color from vision. Alcohol might play a part. Disappointment in men probably too. (prove me wrong :P )
Deep down I'm very superficial
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Tyson actually does the thing for a living.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kathleen-ty ... bdomain=uk

Teresa of Ávila
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

I went through her twitter feed. Yep, she is an durian full stop.
noddy

Post by noddy »

so, it does look like the big funding period is going to stop and its now going to degenerate into a trickle feed of enough weapons and ammo to maintain a neverending low level war - never letting Russia relax but no big offensives from now on.

my dumb reading of the future is that the west - europe more than the usa - is really going to regret this performative weakness.

amreicans not wanting to spend blood and treasure for eastern europeans is perfectly logical and only made sense on the geopolitical power levels.

europeans worrying if the bully that just attacked them might get angry if they retaliate, still cant get my head around that, the clear signals it sends to anyone on the fringe of european integration is undeniable.

nato is probably better off disbanded, usa goes isolationist and fades away like britain - europe turns into a minor power of old people who do anything to avoid conflict.

never agreed with Azari on the "why" but the "whats" are looking very simmilar.
Last edited by noddy on Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ultracrepidarian
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Your point about the USA makes sense.

There have been periods in US history when the isolationist held sway.
However, since WWII, the US has set itself up as global policeman, for better or worse, but is now derelict in it's role.

In the current situation,
what I find remarkable is that the Biden Admin places a higher value on continuing to enable mass illegal migration into the US more than helping Ukraine repel an invasion by Russia i.e., Putin.

As for W Europe, I think that the current crop of politicians are among the dumbest in the history of Europe.
Angel Merkel ranks third on my list of the dumbest politicians in German history.

On the other hand, "every nation has the government that it deserves", as always.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

I'm only an armchair strategist,
but given that fossil fuels are what powers the Russian invasion and are also the main Russian export and source of income, I can't help but wonder why Ukraine does not go after pipelines, storage tanks, and drilling rigs.
Heracleum Persicum

noddy

Post by noddy »

Typhoon wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:29 am I'm only an armchair strategist,
but given that fossil fuels are what powers the Russian invasion and are also the main Russian export and source of income, I can't help but wonder why Ukraine does not go after pipelines, storage tanks, and drilling rigs.
I believe they were only given weapons that could reach the frontlines and just behind - the western powers didnt give em anything that could do damage inside Russia proper.

its been an ongoing point of contention.
Last edited by noddy on Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:29 am
but given that fossil fuels are what powers the Russian invasion and are also the main Russian export and source of income, ...
https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/russia ... VCkeoZ6Iiy

https://www.wsj.com/articles/pentagon-f ... 1504526402

Russia has the best engineers in the world .. the best

What Russia lacked was "commercialization", entrepreneurship .. that was due to communism.

But now this changing, Chinese, Iranian, Indian enterprise, entrepreneurs flooding Russia and their market.

Russia changing rapidly.

True :lol:
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:24 am
Typhoon wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:29 am
but given that fossil fuels are what powers the Russian invasion and are also the main Russian export and source of income, ...
https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/russia ... VCkeoZ6Iiy

https://www.wsj.com/articles/pentagon-f ... 1504526402

Russia has the best engineers in the world .. the best
Thanks for the laugh-of-the-day.

Russia's top 10 exports: 2022
What Russia lacked was "commercialization", entrepreneurship .. that was due to communism.
And continues to this day under Putinism.
But now this changing, Chinese, Iranian, Indian enterprise, entrepreneurs flooding Russia and their market.
By importing Made-in-China-Iran-[actually made in the West, assembled in Iran, in this case]-India products.
Russia changing rapidly.
Indeed. Getting poorer all the time.

True :lol:
Unlike some, I am aware of and know my limits.
Heracleum Persicum

Heracleum Persicum

ATOL
Ukraine war turning in Moscow’s favor
NATO is a mess and the Russians are winning

Long story short, ain't lookin good for Kyiv

Was predictable

Probably Putin waiting for wise heads to prevail in Europe .. if not .. he will take Odessa making Ukraine landlocked, and close Ukraine file.
Heracleum Persicum

NYT
Putin Quietly Signals He Is Open to a Cease-Fire in Ukraine

“We won’t give up what’s ours,” he pledged, adding dismissively, “If they want to negotiate, let them negotiate.”

But in a recent push of back-channel diplomacy, Mr. Putin has been sending a different message: He is ready to make a deal.

Mr. Putin has been signaling through intermediaries since at least September that he is open to a cease-fire that freezes the fighting along the current lines, far short of his ambitions to dominate Ukraine, two former senior Russian officials close to the Kremlin and American and international officials who have received the message from Mr. Putin’s envoys say.

Putin probably bargaining over Odessa .. sayin cut it now, or, I take Odessa and you landlocked
Heracleum Persicum

Kinzhals were seen hitting targets in Kiev without any air defense response.
Attacking civilians is a mistaken policy but Zelensky thinks he can shake Russia’s leadership’s confidence

On December 31st the Russians had launched some 50 drones at various targets in Ukraine; the number increased to 90 drones on January 1st. But the heaviest attacks came on January 2 when at least three waves of drone and missile attacks struck Ukrainian targets (at 6:55 am, 8:20 am and 9:30 am).

It appears the January 2 attacks depleted Ukrainian air defenses significantly, especially in Kiev. Russia struck with between 11 and 13 Kinzhal hypersonic missiles. We don’t yet have a list of the targets or know how effective the Russian strikes were.

Armed Forces Chief of Staff Valery Zaluzhny claimed that the Ukrainians shot down 11 Kinzhal missiles, although he provided no evidence. Kinzhals were seen hitting targets in Kiev without any air defense response.

Not sure why West dragging on the Ukraine fiasco .. This war "rejuvenates" Russia .. has benefitted Russia immensely .. on the other hand, weakening Europe.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Both Russia and Ukraine are bogged down now. No more big territorial gains for either. Russia can destroy infrastructure and kill more old ladies, but other than that Putin's mission to liberate Ukraine from the Zelensky Nazi Conglomerate has failed. This whole thing will bleed out when enough fighters and ammunitions have depleted.
Heracleum Persicum

Parodite wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:06 pm Both Russia and Ukraine are bogged down now. No more big territorial gains for either. Russia can destroy infrastructure and kill more old ladies, but other than that Putin's mission to liberate Ukraine from the Zelensky Nazi Conglomerate has failed. This whole thing will bleed out when enough fighters and ammunitions have depleted.

Russia thought this thing over since, at least, 2010 .. they knew what they wanted, they wanted the "industrial heartland" of Ukraine (that Russia built USSR time), where also is mostly populated by Russians. Rest of Ukraine has no real value for Russia, rather a drag.

Odessa is the only place left to be taken by Russians, Odessa is a real Russian city built by "Czarina Catherine II (1729–96)"

If US and European plan was to weaken Russia, and down the road partition Russia, best would have been to offer Russia security Putin demanded and let Russia be Russia, flood Russia with western consumer goods, wiping out Russian industrial base, more Vodka.

In a few generation West could have just walk in, without any fight.

But now, Russians "woke up" .. they will "reindustrialise", team up with China , energize , nationalism will take over etc etc.

Was a mistake
Heracleum Persicum

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:44 am David Goldman :lol: :lol: :D
As much as I appreciate Spengli, on Ukraine he flunks continuously. One of the saddest things to see is when a multi talented Jew gets possessed by the psychopath mindset: all events are framed and understood as power games and judged in that sole context. Of course he is not the only one, it is a global reality that captures and enslaves millions. Post-modern cultural marxism and woke-ism come to mind, but also free market capitalism does well as a fertile ground for same.

For a psychopathic mindset facts always matter more than individual experience and feelings. If you need a non-biased newsreader who just sums up the facts as they happened and how they translate into changing power dynamics, hire a psychopath; it is completely natural to look at reality the way also a scientist observes facts stripped from any subjective meaning.
Heracleum Persicum

Parodite wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:17 am
Heracleum Persicum wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:44 am David Goldman :lol: :lol: :D
As much as I appreciate Spengli, on Ukraine he flunks continuously. One of the saddest things to see is when a multi talented Jew gets possessed by the psychopath mindset: all events are framed and understood as power games and judged in that sole context. Of course he is not the only one, it is a global reality that captures and enslaves millions. Post-modern cultural marxism and woke-ism come to mind, but also free market capitalism does well as a fertile ground for same.

For a psychopathic mindset facts always matter more than individual experience and feelings. If you need a non-biased newsreader who just sums up the facts as they happened and how they translate into changing power dynamics, hire a psychopath; it is completely natural to look at reality the way also a scientist observes facts stripped from any subjective meaning.

I like to watch what's the view on the other side of the fence .. the interviewer Caroline Glick too something

Caroline Glick (Hebrew: קרולין גליק; born 1969) is an Israeli conservative journalist and author. She writes for Israel Hayom, Breitbart News, The Jerusalem Post, Jewish News Syndicate and Maariv. She is adjunct senior fellow for Middle Eastern Affairs at the Washington, D.C.-based Center for Security Policy, and directs the Israeli Security Project at the David Horowitz Freedom Center. In 2019, she was a candidate on the Israeli political party New Right's list for Knesset.

Watching these kind of figures one can understand why mad mullahs winning, with not much effort :lol:

Recently Charlie Rose started again having interviews .. I liked him .. he is now "(probably) promoted by Zionist Lobby for Zionist propaganda war against Pali in American

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOAGOXp-6PQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61d06tml74A