#BidenBoom or #BidenBust | Something rotten in the District of Columbia?

Doc

What rich Democrats think about immigrants

Post by Doc »

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

‘She was 12, I was 30’: Biden leaves viewers stunned in teachers speech

Post by Doc »

So who said Biden has memory issues? :roll:

https://nypost.com/2022/09/23/biden-lea ... -i-was-30/
‘She was 12, I was 30’: Biden leaves viewers stunned in teachers speech
By Steven Nelson
September 23, 2022 3:16pm Updated
Courage that digs deep when we need it.
President Biden calls protesters 'outrageous'

Biden lit up social media with the confounding and seemingly inappropriate aside. He did not say what he did when he was 30 and the woman was a preteen.

“You gotta say hi to me,” Biden said mid-speech at the National Education Association headquarters in DC. “We go back a long way. She was 12, I was 30. But anyway, this woman helped me get an awful lot done.”

The audience of teachers and union members laughed and cheered at the bawdy remark.

The White House did not immediately respond to The Post’s request for clarification on what the president meant.

Biden’s historical habit of touching and smelling women and girls in public — often yielding on-camera grimaces from recipients — earned him the Republican nickname “Creepy Joe,” though he has rarely committed such actions in public since apologizing in 2019 to women who said he made them uncomfortable with unwanted physical contact.
Actually I don't remember Biden being close to any women since then....

The off-script line distracted from what was supposed to be Biden’s rebuttal to the Friday morning rollout of House Republicans’ “Commitment to America” campaign platform.

Speaking to the teachers union, Biden attempted to blame Republican support for gun ownership for distracting students from learning — rebutting GOP messaging that blames COVID-19 remote learning favored by unions and controversial school subjects, particularly on issues of racial and LGBT discrimination, that some Republicans attack.

“Gun violence is on the ballot,” Biden said. “The idea that you start school this year and kids in many parts of the country are learning to duck and cover … rather than talking about reading, writing and arithmetic is a very different circumstance and it’s not right.”

Biden called for an “assault weapons ban” while saying he uses his own shotguns for “target practice,” possibly referring to skeet shooting.

A picture of President Biden.
President Biden spoke during a recent Democratic National Committee event in Washington.
ce looked on as President Biden made his remarks at the event.

“I support the Second Amendment. I have two shotguns,” Biden said. “The only thing I ever really do is really target practice. I haven’t done that in a long time.”

Biden also directly referred to the House GOP “Commitment to America,” in which Republicans vowed to rein in government spending and inflation and push for a tougher approach to crime and border security — along with oversight of Biden’s administration.

“House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy went to Pennsylvania and unveiled what he calls a ‘Commitment to America.’ That’s a thin series of policy goals with little or no detail that he says Republicans to pursue if they regain control of Congress,” Biden said.

“In the course of nearly an hour, here’s a few of the things we didn’t hear: We didn’t hear him mention the right to choose [whether to have an abortion]. We didn’t hear him mention Medicare. We didn’t hear him mention Social Security,” Biden said.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Rep. Abigail Spanberger says the Democratic party needs 'new leaders in the halls of Capitol Hill' after stock trade ban

Post by Doc »

https://www.businessinsider.com/abigail ... osi-2022-9
Rep. Abigail Spanberger says the Democratic party needs 'new leaders in the halls of Capitol Hill' after stock trade ban stalls again
Bryan Metzger 8 hours ago
House Democrats punted a vote on banning lawmakers from trading stocks until after the midterms.
Now, Spanberger is lighting into Democratic leadership for producing a bill "designed to fail."
She's also reiterating her call for "new leaders in the halls of Capitol Hill" for her party.

Democratic Rep. Abigail Spanberger of Virginia is calling for a new set of congressional leaders for her party after leadership delayed a potential vote this week on banning lawmakers from owning and trading stocks.

"This moment marks a failure of House leadership — and it's yet another example of why I believe that the Democratic Party needs new leaders in the halls of Capitol Hill, as I have long made known," the congresswoman said in a statement released Friday morning.

Late Tuesday night, the Committee on House Administration released the text of the "Combatting Financial Conflicts of Interest in Government Act," a bill that was much broader and more far-reaching than most of the proposals put forward by other lawmakers in the last year and was written without their consultation.

Ethics experts quickly identified a major blind-trust loophole with the legislation, which was sponsored by Democratic Rep. Zoe Lofgren of California, a close ally of Pelosi.

"Rather than bring Members of Congress together who are passionate about this issue, leadership chose to ignore these voices, push them aside, and look for new ways they could string the media and the public along — and evade public criticism," she continued, accusing the committee of producing a "kitchen-sink package that they knew would immediately crash upon arrival, with only days remaining before the end of the legislative session and no time to fix it."

"The package released earlier this week was designed to fail. It was written to create confusion surrounding reform efforts and complicate a straightforward reform priority," she said, "all while creating the appearance that House Leadership wanted to take action."

Pelosi, for her part, refused to say earlier this month when asked by Insider whether she would seek to stay in leadership in the next Congress.

Asked about Spanberger's comments at her weekly press conference on Friday, Pelosi again declined to say whether she would remain atop the party, saying she's "strictly focused on winning the next election."

She then criticized the congresswoman's statement, saying "her bill is contained in this bill. Other members had ideas to improve upon the bill."

"So this is an interesting press release, but it's more important to write a bill," said Pelosi. "There are others who have spoken out against the bill."

"Her characterization is not accurate," she continued. "But it's good press, because you asked the question."

The Virginia congresswoman has not supported Pelosi's speakership since she was elected to Congress. In 2019, Spanberger voted for fellow Democratic Rep. Cheri Bustos of Illinois for speaker, while in 2021, she was one of a handful who voted "present."

Spanberger and Republican Rep. Chip Roy of Texas first introduced their own bipartisan bill to ban members of Congress from trading stocks in 2020.

But after Insider's Conflicted Congress investigation in December 2021 revealed dozens of STOCK Act violations, numerous potential conflicts of interests driven by lawmakers' stock holdings, and paltry enforcement of anti-insider trading rules, Pelosi initially balked at a stock trading ban.

Pelosi later reversed course when met with public outrage and a slew of other new stock-ban bills, but after an April hearing on the subject, leadership waited nearly six months to introduce a bill.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Re: What Rich Democrats think about immigrants

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

rnKk3fTncro
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Doc

Post by Doc »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:37 pm rnKk3fTncro
Must have been the dog

https://youtu.be/DyOWVlKsz2Y
DyOWVlKsz2Y
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

I have been exposed to god-tier trolling. Well done.....^^.......
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Doc

Post by Doc »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:38 am I have been exposed to god-tier trolling. Well done.....^^.......
"God of the trolls" ;p

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Vaprak
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Is Kelly Osborne even a US citizen?

I think the Osborne's party affiliation is Obnoxious.

Very lucky to be an heiress of a small fortune with media contacts because one's father, who's spent the last five decades stupefied and doddering, just so happens to be entertaining enough when singing and biting the heads off of bats.
Nonc Hilaire

Re: #BidenBoom

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

9F635638-3336-4409-824B-133BF01FEEEB.jpeg
9F635638-3336-4409-824B-133BF01FEEEB.jpeg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 2951 times
6D9340BA-78AF-4B40-BD2A-CD095B8C75D6.jpeg
6D9340BA-78AF-4B40-BD2A-CD095B8C75D6.jpeg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 2951 times
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Joe Biden did that

Post by Doc »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-63733683
Afghanistan: 'I drug my hungry children to help them sleep'

By Yogita Limaye
BBC News, Herat
Afghans are giving their hungry children medicines to sedate them - others have sold their daughters and organs to survive. In the second winter since the Taliban took over and foreign funds were frozen, millions are a step away from famine.

"Our children keep crying, and they don't sleep. We have no food," Abdul Wahab said.

"So we go to the pharmacy, get tablets and give them to our children so that they feel drowsy."

He lives just outside Herat, the country's third largest city, in a settlement of thousands of little mud houses that has grown over decades, filled with people displaced and battered by war and natural disasters.

Abdul is among a group of nearly a dozen men who gathered around us. We asked, how many were giving drugs to their children to sedate them?

"A lot of us, all of us," they replied.

Ghulam Hazrat felt in the pocket of his tunic and pulled out a strip of tablets. They were alprazolam - tranquilisers usually prescribed to treat anxiety disorders.

Five alprazolam pills now cost the same as a piece of bread
Ghulam has six children, the youngest a year old. "I even give it to him," he said.

Others showed us strips of escitalopram and sertraline tablets they said they were giving their children. They are usually prescribed to treat depression and anxiety.

Doctors say that when given to young children who do not get adequate nutrition, drugs such as these can cause liver damage, along with a host of other problems like chronic fatigue, sleep and behaviour disorders.

The men in this area outside Herat are struggling to find work
At a local pharmacy, we found that you can buy five tablets of the drugs being used for 10 Afghanis (about 10 US cents), or the price of a piece of bread.

Most families we met were sharing a few pieces of bread between them each day. One woman told us they ate dry bread in the morning, and at night they dipped it in water to make it moist.

The UN has said a humanitarian "catastrophe" is now unfolding in Afghanistan.

A majority of the men in the area outside Herat work as daily wage labourers. They have been leading difficult lives for years.

But when the Taliban took over last August, with no international recognition for the new de-facto government, foreign funds flowing into Afghanistan were frozen, triggering an economic collapse which left the men with no work on most days.

On the rare day they do find work, they make roughly 100 Afghanis, or just over $1 (£0.83).

Everywhere we went, we found people being forced to take extreme steps to save their families from hunger.

Ammar (not his real name) said he had surgery to remove his kidney three months ago and showed us a nine-inch scar - stitch marks still a bit pink - running across his abdomen from the front of his body to the back.

He's in his twenties, in what should have been the prime of his life. We're hiding his identity to protect him.

"There was no way out. I had heard you could sell a kidney at a local hospital. I went there and told them I wanted to. Some weeks later I got a phone call asking me to come to the hospital," he said.

"They did some tests, then they injected me with something that made me unconscious. I was scared but I had no option."

Ammar said he had his kidney removed for payment three months ago
Ammar was paid about 270,000 Afghanis ($3,100) for it, most of which went into repaying money he had borrowed to buy food for his family.

"If we eat one night, we don't the next. After selling my kidney, I feel like I'm half a person. I feel hopeless. If life continues like this, I feel I might die," he said.

Selling organs for money is not unheard of in Afghanistan. It used to happen even before the Taliban takeover. But now, even after making such a painful choice, people are finding that they still cannot find the means to survive.

In a bare, cold home we met a young mother who said she sold her kidney seven months ago. They also had to repay debt - money they had borrowed to buy a flock of sheep. The animals died in a flood a few years ago and they lost their means of earning a living.

The 240,000 Afghanis ($2,700) she got for the kidney are not enough.

"Now we are being forced to sell our two-year-old daughter. The people we have borrowed from harass us every day, saying give us your daughter if you can't repay us," she said.

"I feel so ashamed of our situation. Sometimes I feel it's better to die than to live like this," her husband said.

Over and over again, we heard of people selling their daughters.

"I sold my five-year-old daughter for 100,000 Afghanis," Nizamuddin said. That's less than half what a kidney goes for, according to what we found on the ground. He bit his lip, and his eyes welled up.

The dignity that people here led their lives with has been broken by hunger.

"We understand it's against Islamic laws, and that we're putting our children's lives in danger, but there's no other way," Abdul Ghafar, one of the heads of the community, said.

Nazia is still living with her family but has been sold to be married when she is 14
In one home we met four-year-old Nazia, a cheerful little girl who made funny faces as she played with her 18-month-old brother Shamshullah.

"We have no money to buy food, so I announced at the local mosque that I want to sell my daughter," her father Hazratullah said.

Nazia has been sold to be married to a boy from a family in the southern province of Kandahar. At 14, she will be sent away. So far Hazratullah has received two payments for her.

"I used most of it to buy food, and some for medicine for my younger son. Look at him, he's malnourished," Hazratullah said, pulling up Shamsullah's shirt to show us his bloated belly.

The staggering rise in malnutrition rates is evidence of the impact that hunger is already having on children under the age of five in Afghanistan.

Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) has seen the rate of admissions at their facilities treating malnutrition across the country increase by as much as 47% this year over the last.

MSF's feeding centre in Herat is the only well-equipped malnutrition facility catering not just to Herat, but also to the neighbouring provinces of Ghor and Badghis, where malnutrition rates have gone up by 55% over the last year.

Since last year, they've increased the number of beds they have to cope with the number of sick children they're having to admit. But even so, the facility is almost always more than full. Increasingly the children arriving have to be treated for more than one disease.

Omid is malnourished, and has hernia and sepsis. At 14 months, he weighs just 4kg (9lb). Doctors told us a normal baby at that age would weigh at least 6.6kg. His mother Aamna had to borrow money to make the journey to the hospital when he began to vomit profusely.

A small, emaciated child is fed by a spoon
Image caption,
Omid is 14 months old but weighs much the same as a newborn baby
We asked Hameedullah Motawakil, spokesman of the Taliban's provincial government in Herat, what they were doing to tackle hunger.

"The situation is a result of international sanctions on Afghanistan and the freezing of Afghan assets. Our government is trying to identify how many are in need. Many are lying about their conditions because they think they can get help," he said. It's a stance he persisted with despite being told that we have seen overwhelming evidence of how bad the situation is.

He also said the Taliban were trying to create jobs. "We are looking to open iron ore mines and a gas pipeline project."

It's unlikely that will happen soon.

People told us they felt abandoned, by the Taliban government and the international community.

Hunger is a slow and silent killer, its effects not always immediately visible.

Away from the attention of the world, the scale of the crisis in Afghanistan might never truly come to light, because no one is counting.

Additional reporting by Imogen Anderson and Malik Mudassir
Zack Morris

Re: Joe Biden did that

Post by Zack Morris »

As I recall, Bush invaded, and Donald Trump established the withdrawal timeline and legitimized Taliban authority prior to Biden taking office. Sad.
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

Zack Morris wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:40 am As I recall, Bush invaded, and Donald Trump established the withdrawal timeline and legitimized Taliban authority prior to Biden taking office. Sad.
Good thing you have a while to put some polish on that turd. Maybe add something like "inevitable consequence," "baked into the cake," etc.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

crashtech66 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:53 pm
Zack Morris wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:40 am As I recall, Bush invaded, and Donald Trump established the withdrawal timeline and legitimized Taliban authority prior to Biden taking office. Sad.
Good thing you have a while to put some polish on that turd. Maybe add something like "inevitable consequence," "baked into the cake," etc.
How do you think Afghanistan would be looking if Trump were still president?
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

Zack Morris wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:39 pm
crashtech66 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:53 pm
How do you think Afghanistan would be looking if Trump were still president?
Obviously impossible to know, nor do I particularly want to speculate. Yet, given that what transpired was as near a worst-case scenario as could be imagined, it is at least possible that the outcome may not have been as bad. If the generals are to be believed, the Pentagon advocated for a small contingent to remain and act as a de facto spine to the Afghani military. Whether this critical piece of advice would have been heeded by a different Administration is anyone's guess.

Luckily for Democrats, voters tend to have pretty short memories, so it's unlikely much of a defense will have to be mounted against the Biden Admin's flawed decision making in this regard, though trying to squirm out of the way it was handled with a blame game is trite and unconvincing.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

What transpired was pretty much what Trump had said he wanted, with only one small deviation: no photo op at Camp David with the Taliban. So I’m not sure what you’re on about with regards to Biden. Most of you Trump types were all for the Afghan war under Bush, then turned against it under Obama, then cheered for Trump’s “common sense” foreign policy views, and are now angry that Biden took the opportunity to extricate the US from Afghanistan using the plan set in motion by Trump.

Will you guys make up your minds?
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

Zack Morris wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:43 am What transpired was pretty much what Trump had said he wanted, with only one small deviation: no photo op at Camp David with the Taliban. So I’m not sure what you’re on about with regards to Biden. Most of you Trump types were all for the Afghan war under Bush, then turned against it under Obama, then cheered for Trump’s “common sense” foreign policy views, and are now angry that Biden took the opportunity to extricate the US from Afghanistan using the plan set in motion by Trump.

Which part of that silly strawman has anything to do with what I have said? Presidents have to own what they do, therefore Biden owns the bungled withdrawal. It's pretty simple. Like I said though, people have short memories, so simply avoiding the issue will likely be enough.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Yeah. Trump has to own the withdrawal he set in motion, after 4 years of irreversibly poor stewardship of US foreign policy. Continuity and momentum, there are limits to what a President can do. There was no consensus alternative here this late in the game.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:15 am Yeah. Trump has to own the withdrawal he set in motion, after 4 years of irreversibly poor stewardship of US foreign policy. Continuity and momentum, there are limits to what a President can do. There was no consensus alternative here this late in the game.
Biden screwed the Afghan Pooch. Nothing is going to re-write that history
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:43 am What transpired was pretty much what Trump had said he wanted, with only one small deviation: no photo op at Camp David with the Taliban. So I’m not sure what you’re on about with regards to Biden. Most of you Trump types were all for the Afghan war under Bush, then turned against it under Obama, then cheered for Trump’s “common sense” foreign policy views, and are now angry that Biden took the opportunity to extricate the US from Afghanistan using the plan set in motion by Trump.

I for one was not for the war in Afghanistan. But of COurse Obama called it "The Good War"

https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.10 ... 37428561_3
Afghanistan, Escalation and the ‘Good War’
David Fitzgerald & David Ryan
Chapter
462 Accesses

177 Altmetric

Abstract
Unlike the ‘dumb’ war in Iraq, Afghanistan was portrayed throughout the 2008 election campaign as the ’good’ war, providing Obama a foil to demonstrate his toughness on foreign policy. Yet, despite the optimistic assumptions among Obama administration staffers, the ‘landscape’ spoke back, and it became quickly apparent that the US strategy was not working, prompting questions over US goals in Afghanistan. The lack of US knowledge of the Afghan terrain became evident throughout the autumn 2009 debate over escalation. Internal references and reports shaped the debate and, in the absence of knowledge of Afghanistan, analogies crept in, with civilian advisors fearful of another Vietnam, while many in the military invoked the ‘successful’ counterinsurgency in Iraq as a model that could be applied in Central Asia.
Afghanistan was empty space with a few cities to defend. There really was not much of a US effort to improve things for the average Afghan outside of the cities. But the DC Establishment was all gun ho for gender studies being taught in the Universities of a country still is the11th century.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

IMG_4077.JPG
IMG_4077.JPG (108.97 KiB) Viewed 2798 times
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Hunter Biden had no million dollars contracts in East Palestine Ohio

Post by Doc »