Consequences of the Russian invasion of Ukraine and war

Heracleum Persicum

Ukraine conflict risks spilling into a “NATO country,”

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireSto ... t-83360469

https://www.rt.com/news/551781-putin-nato-ukraine-war/

This a high probability
The top diplomat also alleged that President Vladimir Putin could “expand his military activities” beyond Ukraine, explaining that “nobody should give excuses” to Russia’s leader to do so. Earlier in the day, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov cautioned the West against its “mindless handover” of “dangerous arms” to Kiev, warning that his country’s troops could potentially treat convoys carrying them as legitimate military targets.
noddy

Re: Ukraine conflict risks spilling into a “NATO country,”

Post by noddy »

I love this narrative that Putin is the victim - bombing cities and then pretending that if anyone responds they are the aggressor and its the West fault.

If world war 3 happens, Australia and New Zealand are the only places in the world Id want to be - thats why all the rich folks have properties up here.

if world war 3 doesnt happen, Putin has destroyed all chances of Russia being a normal country for another generation and China will be ransacking them with charges and taxes and fees to sell only what the Chinese want them to sell.

Putin isnt smart, he is the worlds dumbest man, going out with a bang, leaving Russia a nothing country with no relevance.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:16 am I love this narrative that Putin is the victim - bombing cities and then pretending that if anyone responds they are the aggressor and its the West fault.

If world war 3 happens, Australia and New Zealand are the only places in the world Id want to be - thats why all the rich folks have properties up here.
Yes At least someone will be around to stand up to the Chinese.

if world war 3 doesnt happen, Putin has destroyed all chances of Russia being a normal country for another generation and China will be ransacking them with charges and taxes and fees to sell only what the Chinese want them to sell.

Putin isnt smart, he is the worlds dumbest man, going out with a bang, leaving Russia a nothing country with no relevance.
Putin's mistake is that he should have waited until after a new congress gets seated in Jan 2023. Then Europeans wouldn't have suddenly realized that with a US president that has Dementia they are basically on their own, and therefore realized that Trump was right in telling them they need to raise their own defense budgets. So now there will be a very formidable European leg of NATO and no Norstream gas for Putin to sell. OF Course Putin didn't have much choice as to when to go in being a CCP proxy and all.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/europe/ ... e=homepage

A military drone that apparently flew all the way from the Ukrainian war zone over three European Nato member states before crashing in an urban zone of the Croatian capital was armed with an explosive device, Croatia’s defence minister said on Sunday.
The Soviet-made aircraft crossed Romania and Hungary before entering Croatia, slamming into a field near a student dormitory late on Thursday. About 40 parked cars were damaged in the large explosion, but no one was injured.

Hmmm .. "flew all the way from the Ukrainian war zone over three European Nato member states" ..

Drones today fly "tree top" .. pretty much undetectable .. a "swarm" of them "undefendable"

noddy

Post by noddy »

Russia also started detonating targets close to the Polish border.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:23 am Russia also started detonating targets close to the Polish border.
Probably to send a message to NATO moving "anti tank" missiles and other stuff into Ukraine

getting closer and closer to "spillover"

More than 30 Russian cruise missiles targeted the sprawling facility at Yavoriv, which has long been used to train Ukrainian soldiers, often with instructors from the United States and other countries in the Western alliance. Poland is also a transit route for Western military aid to Ukraine, and the strikes followed Moscow's threats to target those shipments.
Heracleum Persicum

Consequences of the Russian invasion of Ukraine and war

https://www.rt.com/business/551889-russ ... ts-plunge/
The world's largest exporter of wheat, Russia, supplied 23 million tons of the crop to the global market since the beginning of the 2021-2022 agricultural year (July 1, 2021) to March 10, the Ministry of Agriculture said on Monday. That is 30.9% lower than the figure for the same date last season.

The country’s overall grain exports are also down, with barley deliveries falling by 34.7% to 2.9 million tons, and corn shipments declining by 21.7% to 1.8 million tons.

Wheat prices hit record highs lately on supply shortage concerns due to the crisis in Ukraine. Russia and Ukraine account for about 30% of global wheat exports.
Heracleum Persicum

Re: consequences of Ukraine war

https://www.reuters.com/article/ukraine ... FKCN2LB1O4
(Reuters) - Russia may suspend exports of wheat, barley, maizee (corn) and rye starting from Tuesday until June 30, the Interfax news agency reported on Monday, citing the agriculture ministry.
There no doubt food shortage coming .. question only how bad
Typhoon

Re: Consequences of the Russian invasion of Ukraine and war

Post by Typhoon »

In developed nations, food price inflation is an inconvenience for most, resulting in a decrease standard of living.

In the third, er, developing world, for many it is a matter of life and death.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:56 pm In developed nations, food price inflation is an inconvenience for most, resulting in a decrease standard of living.

In the third, er, developing world, for many it is a matter of life and death.
Yes indeed. Remember the food riots in 2009? One bright spot is that Russia ha a huge wheat surplus in 2020 to export. China bought Soy beans not from the US this year but from Brazil In fact China basically bought Brazil's entire crop. Which mean US farmers will shift back to Wheat this year. Given there is less demand from China. Brazil normally produces soy beans not wheat. Though it might be tough in Brazil this coming year or two. The same is largely true for Rice as well. My impression is that Rice replaces corn normally. Having driven across the US numerous times in the last 25 years I noticed cornfields that over time seem to be converted to Rice paddys. However the rice paddies are made new each year with planting.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
noddy

Post by noddy »

in theory developed nations are quite sheltered from it.

in practice most of our countries have 30-50% of the population in zero savings, wage slavery mode , living week to week.

plenty of opportunity for social chaos is lurking.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

https://tradingeconomics.com/russia/exports-by-country

besides China, all of Russias exports go to Europe, what a disaster - their 3 biggest customers are the Netherlands, Germany and England!

lets compare to Australia

https://tradingeconomics.com/australia/ ... by-country

oh dear, what was the new world order again ? what am i meant to be worried about ?
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

https://asiatimes.com/2022/03/china-ind ... 2-clashes/

India Russian partner since 1950

Ukraine war brings India closer to China

That weakens Western hand (a lot)

Chinese officials will visit India first, and India’s Foreign Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar will then come to China.

China has no illusions about India’s capricious policy. But China will follow the strategic trend of peaceful development of economic cooperation and trade.

There is no reason not to repair India-China relations.

The United States always hopes that other countries will clash with China harshly.

It worries that China’s global trade development will go smoothly.

China should promote the development of its economic relations and trade with other countries. It does not need to retaliate against India.

This development is a sharp response to the hostile United States.
noddy

Post by noddy »

India will do what they have always done , stay neutral and strengthen their position while Russia is weak, get some cheap oil.

they have zero reason to get involved in any of this, they dont really trust the west nor the east and their biggest problem is Pakistan, which is funded jointly by the USA and China.

China needs Pakistan its border - Pakistan is torn between east and west, rural hill tribes doing terrorism and urbanites with strong connections to England.

this mess will never ever be simple "new world order".

--

straight from the horses mouth.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 385665.cms
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:49 am India will do what they have always done , stay neutral and strengthen their position while Russia is weak, get some cheap oil.

they have zero reason to get involved in any of this, they dont really trust the west nor the east and their biggest problem is Pakistan, which is funded jointly by the USA and China.

China needs Pakistan its border - Pakistan is torn between east and west, rural hill tribes doing terrorism and urbanites with strong connections to England.

this mess will never ever be simple "new world order".

--

straight from the horses mouth.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 385665.cms

True

India was never a civilization, no backbone .. they try milk whoever has milk .. been so since 1000s of yrs

Is OK as long as you know

Bottomless pit

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Niall, y'all.....'>.......
What kind of history is informing today’s decisions in Washington as the war in Ukraine nears the conclusion of its first month? A few clues have emerged.

“American officials are divided on how much the lessons from Cold War proxy wars, like the Soviet Union’s war in Afghanistan, can be applied to the ongoing war in Ukraine,” David Sanger reported for the New York Times on Saturday.

According to Sanger, who cannot have written his piece without high-level sources, the Biden administration “seeks to help Ukraine lock Russia in a quagmire without inciting a broader conflict with a nuclear-armed adversary or cutting off potential paths to de-escalation … CIA officers are helping to ensure that crates of weapons are delivered into the hands of vetted Ukrainian military units, according to American officials. But as of now, Mr. Biden and his staff do not see the utility of an expansive covert effort to use the spy agency to ferry in arms as the United States did in Afghanistan against the Soviet Union during the 1980s.”
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... kraine-war
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

I think we just need the return of Cyrus the Great. A benevolent dictator who creates peace among the tribes while keeping them in check. I have been channeling Zarathustra how to establish such an Empire of Peace and Tolerance. He referred me to HP!

HP.. I give you the mic... where, how do we start? Is it enough the USA gets a good hair cut and let China take the lead the next century? Can China be the medium for Mithra? A New World order born from Light, does it not need near-total destruction first? Darkness needs to succeed before the stronger light can emerge. Thus spoke Zarathustra.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Heracleum Persicum

Parodite wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:59 am I think we just need the return of Cyrus the Great. A benevolent dictator who creates peace among the tribes while keeping them in check. I have been channeling Zarathustra how to establish such an Empire of Peace and Tolerance. He referred me to HP!

HP.. I give you the mic... where, how do we start? Is it enough the USA gets a good hair cut and let China take the lead the next century? Can China be the medium for Mithra? A New World order born from Light, does it not need near-total destruction first? Darkness needs to succeed before the stronger light can emerge. Thus spoke Zarathustra.

Yes, Thus spoke Zarathustra. :D

Parodite, now that you started studying history of Persia, do you know why all Giants of Persian civilization in science, philosophy, literature , math, medicine etc etc , all of them , are "post Islam" ?

Google it

There is a reason for that

Reason is, that Zoroastrian System, pre islam system , was "CAST" System

There was 3 casts .. the nobility (Kings etc) , the Zoroastrian Karder (influential high priest of Zoroastrianism) , and the rest

and

Education, read and write, school, was reserved only for nobility and Zoroastrian Karder

How many people in Nobility + Zoroastrian Karder ? not many

So, all the natural talents were waisted as they could not get education

Islam destroyed "cast system" , education exploded , and , Arabic language became same as now English language is universal language for science etc etc .. So a Persian mathematician scholar could communicate with one in Andalusia

Pomegranates in pre islam were best in "administration" .. even Ottoman administered their empire by Persian experts
Heracleum Persicum

Ukraine confrontation has weakened western hand

Now, all Western companies are going to chased out of central Asia

Kumtor Gold mine, one of the biggest in the world, back into state’s hands

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/7/9 ... an-company

Bishkek and Issyk-Kul Region, Kyrgyzstan – In the early 1990s, it was hoped that a large gold mine in eastern Kyrgyzstan, near the Chinese border, would lift the newly independent country’s economy out of the shatters of Soviet central planning.

But 30 years into its operation, Kumtor has for many come to symbolise some of the developing world’s greatest ills: corruption, environmental degradation and neocolonial greed.

Mining waste on glaciers, a move that caused their gradual erosion and cost the state $3bn.

Probably most Western companies in central Asia will be nationalised
Heracleum Persicum

https://youtu.be/FGUuBebbFq0?t=121

FGUuBebbFq0

West now openly, aggressively confronting those who not siding with West against Russia

US saying India must switch weapons purchase from Russia to US :lol:

Pelosi flying to Taiwan to bug China

Ruble now stronger than pre Ukraine war at the same time $$$$ weakening

Hindustan Times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LA1YWXHzck

4LA1YWXHzck

EU threatening Hungary with cutting funding if siding with Russia, Serbia too :lol:

Maybe was mistake not to sit down with Putin and work some security arrangement .. NATO would move back and Russia (maybe) not climbe in bed with China (and Iran and India)

Already too late

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

FT | World food prices hit new record on impact from Ukraine war
UN Food and Agriculture Organization reports ‘giant leap’ in prices
global_food_prices.png
global_food_prices.png (1 MiB) Viewed 1653 times
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Le Pen Backs NATO-Russia Reconciliation and Reduced French Role in Alliance

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/13/worl ... rmany.html

Ms. Le Pen effectively signaled that her election would terminate or at least disrupt President Biden’s united alliance in confronting President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia, and perhaps create a breach in Western Europe for Mr. Putin to exploit.

Ms. Le Pen effectively signaled that her election would terminate or at least disrupt President Biden’s united alliance in confronting President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia, and perhaps create a breach in Western Europe for Mr. Putin to exploit.

Dismissing multilateralism, blasting Germany, criticizing the European Union, relegating climate issues to a low priority, attacking “globalists” and maintaining a near silence on Russia’s brutal assault in Ukraine, Ms. Le Pen gave a taste of a worldview that was at once reminiscent of the Trump presidency and appeared to directly threaten NATO’s attempts to arm Ukraine and defeat Russia.

A lurch to the far right by France, a nuclear power and permanent member of the United Nations Security Council, would realign the world, with unpredictable and disruptive consequences.

Her position, she said, was “no submission to an American protectorate exercised on European soil under the cover of NATO” — a stance she compared to that taken by Gen. Charles de Gaulle in 1966, when he took France out of NATO’s integrated military command, where it remained until 2009.

No matter if she wins or not things not same as B4

Heracleum Persicum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUGj4CEmzzw

cUGj4CEmzzw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRyvwsIjy1I

wRyvwsIjy1I

https://www.arabnews.com/node/2061731/world

Germany said on Tuesday it noted reports that Serbia was receiving Chinese surface-to-air missiles, warning it expected the Balkan country to align its foreign policy with the European Union if it wanted to become a member.

Media reports said Chinese military cargo planes last week delivered to Belgrade the FK-3 surface-to-air defense system, similar to Russia’s S-300 or the United States’ Patriot.

“As a matter of principle, the Federal Government’s expectation of all EU accession candidates is that they join the European Union’s Common Foreign and Security Policy and thereby moves increasingly closer to the EU,” Germany’s Federal Press Office said.

Serbia’s President Aleksandar Vucic, speaking at a military drill at the weekend, acknowledged he plans to present “the newest pride” of its army this week, without elaborating.

Serbiska neither in NATO nor in EU
Heracleum Persicum

https://freebeacon.com/national-securit ... -to-china/

Biden admin turns blind eye to Iran's sanctioned oil trade