5th generation warfare defined

This too shall pass.
Doc

5th generation warfare defined

Post by Doc »

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
noddy

Re: 5th generation warfare defined

Post by noddy »

when a mummy warfare and a daddy warfare love each other very much.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth-generation_warfare

I guess the point of contention is always going to be around the truth that propoganda and civilisational promotion are as old as humanity is, so the nature of it changing with the times - is it new ? or is it the same as it ever was.

for all that the internet is under attack, its pretty damn robust now , its increasingly rare for distributed attacks to do serious damage anymore.

.. and the media is falling inline as it ever was aswell.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Re: 5th generation warfare defined

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:46 am when a mummy warfare and a daddy warfare love each other very much.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth-generation_warfare

I guess the point of contention is always going to be around the truth that propoganda and civilisational promotion are as old as humanity is, so the nature of it changing with the times - is it new ? or is it the same as it ever was.
:lol:

I was thinking the same thing Just not in such a colorful way. Kind of reminds me of the caves of steel written by Asimov in 1953. Where everyone on earth lived under a steel dome because everyone basically owned nothing because there were 8 billion people on the planet and there weren't enough resources to support that population. The people in it did not seem all that happy and they were terrified of the Naked Sun.

for all that the internet is under attack, its pretty damn robust now , its increasingly rare for distributed attacks to do serious damage anymore.

.. and the media is falling inline as it ever was aswell.

KInd

Yeah I was watching an ABC Australia segment of 60 minutes last night. It was an interview with a woman named Lake running for governor in Arizona. She had quit her former job as a new presenter for an AZ TV station a couple of years ago on air. Was the most biased hostile news interview I think I have ever seen.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros