The Crisis of Meaning

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Parodite

Re: The Crisis of Meaning

Post by Parodite »

Must warn y'all are Joe fools! Chompsky is one of those well brained Jews...selling you brilliant nonsense. Smoke screen upon smoke screen..to hide the real culprits conspiring in the background. Zion just can't stop laughing! The goose is cooked.. full control for grabs.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Parodite wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:33 pm Must warn y'all are Joe fools! Chompsky is one of those well brained Jews...selling you brilliant nonsense. Smoke screen upon smoke screen..to hide the real culprits conspiring in the background. Zion just can't stop laughing! The goose is cooked.. full control for grabs.

Said here many times, to know whether a political or economic or even military commentator or analyst is worth his opinion, just watch and read what he said 30, 20, 10, 5 yrs ago .. and .. see what he said makes sense " in hindsight"

I do this test with prominent journalist and commentators.

Chomsky always @ the money.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:17 pm
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:06 pm
Interesting..... So is 'woke' a neo-conservative psy op?....:?.......
Yes, in a Cloward-Piven/Communist/useful durian sort of way. They are forward agents for the Davos faction, and we see them being erased now.

You don’t find much wokishness in the Anglo-Saxon banking faction.
in my country, previous to the trannies and wokelings - every single time we had an economic downturn, or some other crisis that required a close look at politics of the day and its failures.

.. then gay marriage would come back on the agenda.

so I dont look at the wokeling/tranny thing any different - its a great way to get the population passionately squabbling over something largely irrelevant to the globalist economic system.

divide and conquer, arguing about chicks with dicks changes nothing of any value.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:30 am
Yes, in a Cloward-Piven/Communist/useful durian sort of way. They are forward agents for the Davos faction, and we see them being erased now.

in my country, previous to the trannies and wokelings - every single time we had an economic downturn, or some other crisis that required a close look at politics of the day and its failures.

so I dont look at the wokeling/tranny thing any different - its a great way to get the population passionately squabbling over something largely irrelevant to the globalist economic system.

divide and conquer, arguing about chicks with dicks changes nothing of any value.

True

Many in Iran say key force behind "Hijab" issue and girls wanting swim in Bikini are the mad mullahs themselves

Each time important issues has to deal with, suddenly girls start revolting .. is said mad mullahs have team of girls trained for these kind of occasions
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

To re-enforce this, someone I follow on the X is getting rather nervous...<<.......

Screenshot (6).png
Screenshot (6).png (176.79 KiB) Viewed 69949 times
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:36 pm

To re-enforce this, someone I follow on the X is getting rather nervous...<<.......

Screenshot (6).png
The man was born nervous
NapLajoieonSteroids

I think you people are running out of sand to bury your heads in with the ever constant, "it's just a distraction."

It's almost like 200 years of the same political mechanisms totally evade your eye sight.

I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking the political opposite solution is as unpalatable as it is dreadful...
NapLajoieonSteroids

"It's all a diversion" ...

please, like no one has ever read Engels on down...it's almost like every act of terror is preceded by some politicalization of sex as a great announcement of the terror to come- that and the forming of "safety committees".
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:16 am
noddy wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:30 am

True

Many in Iran say key force behind "Hijab" issue and girls wanting swim in Bikini are the mad mullahs themselves

Each time important issues has to deal with, suddenly girls start revolting .. is said mad mullahs have team of girls trained for these kind of occasions
:lol:

You've inadvertently highlighted one of the reasons that the Muslim ME has been backward since the 13th century and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future - the propensity to believe in fairytales.

To relate this to the topic of the thread "The Crisis of Meaning", if only tangentially, the hatred of Muslims toward the West is in part due to the cognitive dissonance created by the belief that Islam is the perfect religion and the reality the Muslim part of the world has been left far far behind by the infidel West.

[Mod note. Further posts irrelevant posts in this thread will be summarily deleted.]
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

The propensity to believe in fairytales is what shapes the future.

Narratives are how we plan the future, and history is largely a fairytale agreed upon.

Is our ‘Crisis of Meaning’ just a disruption of our science/social/historical fairytales?
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:57 pm The propensity to believe in fairytales is what shapes the future.

Narratives are how we plan the future, and history is largely a fairytale agreed upon.

Is our ‘Crisis of Meaning’ just a disruption of our science/social/historical fairytales?
Maybe there never has been no crisis of meaning. Stories in the broadest sense seem to concern themselves with the ongoing crises of life.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Parodite wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:55 pm
Nonc Hilaire wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:57 pm The propensity to believe in fairytales is what shapes the future.

Maybe there never has been no crisis of meaning. Stories in the broadest sense seem to concern themselves with the ongoing crises of life.
The storytellers create the future. The crisis of meaning might be better defined as disillusionment with past narratives once believed.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 12:09 am The storytellers create the future. The crisis of meaning might be better defined as disillusionment with past narratives once believed.
Storytelling colors and gives depth to maps, provides orientation and direction. Different types of maps serve different needs. One thing they have in common however; they need regular updates. People using outdated versions will experience disorientation and occasionally crash into walls they didn't see coming. Life will appear rather "meaningless" when you thought you'd arrive at a certain destination but then didn't.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Just a reminder.....'>.......

She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Parodite

Map vs Territory [Re: The Crisis of Meaning]

Post by Parodite »

The map is the territory I'm afraid.

One could say there is a correspondence between maps where elements of map (a) can refer to elements on map (b). Like the words "Our cat over there, his name is Boomer, is sitting in the window staring outside like a paranoid neighborhood watch", refer to the visual of our cat in the window.

The visual cat however is also a map, a representation emerging in the visual parts of the brain in the back of our heads. That visual representation is not "the real cat" that sits there independently from the visual of it that arises in my brain.

I can try imagining what the real cat - the objective one in and of itself - is like. I can choose to imagine the objective cat from a 3rd person perspective, or try imagining what it would be like being that cat from a 1st cat-person perspective. Both options, the 3rd person version and 1st person version, are not accessible in any way.

The road ends with my own subjective visual versions of my cat with my own subtitles that tell a story about it. Reality as we know it, seems to me like a collection of integrated maps, representations... hologram of sorts.

This means that the experience-independent, objective territory-reality cannot be directly known. It can vaguely be inferred, but the only referrer that seems to survive this Houdini trick appears to be mathematics. We can safely assume it does exist to be sure, but everything we say/believe about it is meaningless beyond those maps with mathematics the only fiber that connects the known with the unknown.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

The map is the territory I'm afraid.
There is also a bit of sophistry involved irl. A 3-card monte played with language. Non-specific class or group labels are well applied for a particular purpose, but then mis-applied if used for a different purpose.

The map label “cat” distinguishes one animal from the other animal “dog” successfully, but if the purpose is to find a mouser maybe not so accurate.

There is a lot of this confusion regarding jews. The same label appears on many different maps.

If you want to understand the terrain, you must be sure the map you choose is appropriate. Identity politics relies extensively on such confusions.

Teresa of Ávila
NapLajoieonSteroids

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:45 pm If you want to understand the terrain, you must be sure the map you choose is appropriate. Identity politics relies extensively on such confusions.
You need explorers who investigate the terrains and then create maps of them. But most of that work has been done already and it probably took hundreds of millions of years, hard survival work done by many species. The most important terrain and its maps is taken care of by our sensory apparatus and its attached brain parts.

I can navigate without a problem through the terrain with only those maps at my disposal, not much else is needed. Can even chew an apple in the meantime! The whole process works effortlessly and is mostly enjoyable.

The maps are the only territory we know. The nature, shape and form of the underlying terrain is anyone’s guess. One can be as poetic and religious about it as one likes of course. Or use drugs and believe they are windows into that divine terrain, feel closer to it... the light n love n mystery that is also the home base of your soul. I don't buy any of it. Playing around with the levers of our nervous system creating distorted marvel experiences... I find eating an apple way more exciting, more than miraculous and also pure in its innocence.

As for identity politics.. hell yea. Dissociated maps, distortions, contortions... Probably a diet of doing simple things like eating an apple cures most.
NapLajoieonSteroids

"I know the representation of the representation" :) C'mon, the mad mullahs are laughing at that one.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Paging mr Rumsfeld
ultracrepidarian
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

noddy wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:29 am Paging mr Rumsfeld
He replied!

In the realm of knowledge, a dance unfolds,
A ballet of truths and mysteries untold.
Known knowns stand firm, in the light they gleam,
Familiar landscapes, a well-charted dream.

Yet shadows linger in the corners vast,
Known unknowns beckon, futures to cast.
Questions that whisper, secrets they bear,
A journey through ambiguity, a quest to dare.

Unknown unknowns, veiled in mystery,
Uncharted realms of profound history.
In the cosmic sea, where darkness roams,
A tapestry woven with unseen unknowns.

But hark, there lies a curious twist,
Unknown knowns, in the shadows exist.
Wisdom concealed, in the folds of disguise,
A covert truth, hidden from prying eyes.

The dance continues, a cosmic ballet,
As knowledge unfolds in its intricate array.
Known knowns, known unknowns, a cosmic score,
Echoes of enlightenment forevermore.
Heracleum Persicum

noddy

Post by noddy »

Parodite wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:00 am
noddy wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:29 am Paging mr Rumsfeld
He replied!

In the realm of knowledge, a dance unfolds,
A ballet of truths and mysteries untold.
Known knowns stand firm, in the light they gleam,
Familiar landscapes, a well-charted dream.

Yet shadows linger in the corners vast,
Known unknowns beckon, futures to cast.
Questions that whisper, secrets they bear,
A journey through ambiguity, a quest to dare.

Unknown unknowns, veiled in mystery,
Uncharted realms of profound history.
In the cosmic sea, where darkness roams,
A tapestry woven with unseen unknowns.

But hark, there lies a curious twist,
Unknown knowns, in the shadows exist.
Wisdom concealed, in the folds of disguise,
A covert truth, hidden from prying eyes.

The dance continues, a cosmic ballet,
As knowledge unfolds in its intricate array.
Known knowns, known unknowns, a cosmic score,
Echoes of enlightenment forevermore.
:)
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

Parodite wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:53 am Mind-body duality is a biological perceptual experience, i.e. not introduced by philosophers and brainwashed through the times in our culture as a mere idea. Philosophers experience the same as anybody else, just made it their profession to make ordinary things sound complicated and profound. Verbal art.

The irony being that one of Descartes goals was to introduce the language of the poets and mystics into philosophy&science.
Like 3D vision, mind-body duality is a normal perceptual experience. How 3D vision is generated is more a scientific question, less a philosophical one. Same is true for that infamous mind-body duality.

Mind-body duality isn't a mistaken mediation on 3d vision; this is a non-sequitur.
This means it can feel like being a "ghost in a machine", or a soul in a body.

The soul-body distinction, which is arguably widespread, is not the "ghost in a machine". The function and relation of the 2 isn't the same. When Homer was writing about Hector's soul leaving his body, he wasn't reciting about the flight of an abstracted "I". Hector's "I" was the thing being dragged by Achilles' chariot. It's not just the Homeric Greeks; the closer analogy would be to a "spirit-flesh" dichotomy but that is very much a minefield, by no means universal.
These representational / analogous maps are necessary to function in the world. Both "ghost" and "machine" however are not different entities from different realms. Just functional distinctions on a global map.

Verbal art, a magnificent thing. :)
False mysteries do harm and add to the crisis of meaning.
Agreed.

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Nap, will get back to the mind-body minefield. I appreciate you adding historical context with different dualities involved and expressed, I guess.

In the mean time, now that the flu keeps me grounded and strangely enough deepscape philosophy sounds like improvised Jazz more than ever, far off shore on a raft... with great clarity.

Piano: Oscar Jordan Peterson
Base: Niels-Henning Ørsted John Vervaeke
Drums: Fillin Your Beats

C-jam Philosophers Blues

Dr. Peterson and John Vervaeke Discuss the Meaning Crisis | EP 414