2022 US Midterms

NapLajoieonSteroids

2022 US Midterms

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Parodite

Re: 2022 US Midterms

Post by Parodite »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McDrLn5C0W8

Looks like Biden announces prolonged lawfare investigations into the midterms that they are about to lose to "save democracy".
Deep down I'm very superficial
Doc

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:18 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McDrLn5C0W8

Looks like Biden announces prolonged lawfare investigations into the midterms that they are about to lose to "save democracy".
That and a lot of other "stuff"

https://thefederalist.com/2022/10/21/th ... elections/
The DOJ Is Hiding Information About Biden’s Attempts To Interfere In U.S. Elections
BY: SHAWN FLEETWOOD
OCTOBER 21, 2022

The Department of Justice (DOJ) is slow-walking its response to a federal court order mandating that the agency forfeit records pertaining to President Joe Biden’s March 2021 executive order that directed federal agencies to develop plans for federal interference in state election administration.

On Thursday evening, the agency filed a motion for summary judgment with the Fort Myers Division of the U.S. Middle District Court of Florida in an attempt to conceal communication records related to Executive Order 14019, which required all federal departments to “consider ways to expand citizens’ opportunities to register to vote and to obtain information about, and participate in, the electoral process.” In law, “summary judgment” is a decision issued by a court based on statements and evidence for one party against another without going to a full trial.

The move to shield the records in question from the public comes after a federal judge mandated in July that the agency must turn over documents related to Biden’s order to the Foundation for Government Accountability (FGA), which sued the DOJ back in April after its officials failed to respond to FGA’s July 2021 open records requests. While the DOJ ultimately turned over a few of the records to FGA last month, the documents were heavily redacted and did not include the DOJ’s 15-page “strategic plan” on how the agency intends to comply with Biden’s executive order.

In their Thursday legal filing arguing for a summary judgment, the DOJ claimed that its Civil Rights Division (CRT) “has submitted a reasonably specific declaration” describing the search that CRT “conducted for records responsive to FGA’s [Freedom of Information Act] request” and that documents withheld or redacted by the DOJ are protected under the “presidential communications privilege.”

“The presidential communications privilege applies to the Strategic Plan because it was ‘solicited and received by the President[’s] . . . immediate White House advisers with broad and significant responsibility for investigating and formulating the advice to be given the President’ regarding voting rights issues,” the DOJ filing reads. “The Strategic Plan therefore falls squarely within the scope of the presidential communications privilege.”

Most notable in the agency’s arguments, however, is the contention that the release of the information requested by FGA would cause “public confusion” and that “such public confusion would result from disclosure of the Strategic Plan because it contains many proposed actions that the public might construe as ‘future commitments, past actions, or provisions already in place.'”

“DOJ therefore properly withheld the Strategic Plan in its entirety,” the agency claimed.

In response to the DOJ’s continued coverup, FGA President and CEO Tarren Bragdon issued a statement blasting the agency’s behavior, saying that it’s “clear” that Biden’s administration “has weaponized DOJ to hide records and is using the legal process to run out the clock before the midterm elections.”

“DOJ offered flimsy excuses to justify concealing key information regarding their participation in government-funded ‘get out the vote’ efforts,” Bragdon said. “FGA will not stop fighting to uncover these records and expose the full scope of the Biden administration’s mass voter registration scheme. The law and the American people are on our side.”

As reported by Federalist Editor-in-Chief Mollie Hemingway, Biden’s executive order isn’t just unethical and unconstitutional, but “a recipe for chaos, confusion, and fraud at a time when election security concerns are particularly fraught.”

“Executive Order 14019 ignores that the Constitution does not give the executive branch authority over elections. That power is reserved for the states, with a smaller role for Congress,” Hemingway explained. Considering that “H.R. 1 and other Democrat Party efforts to grab more control over elections have thus far failed,” she added, “Congress hasn’t authorized such an expansion.”

With the 2022 midterms rapidly approaching, the Biden DOJ has since been ramping up its efforts to intervene in elections under the guise of targeting voter “intimidation” in various states across the country. Most recently, the DOJ’s district attorney in New Hampshire, Jane Young, appointed Assistant U.S. Attorney Seth R. Aframe to “lead the efforts of her office in connection with the Justice Department’s nationwide Election Day Program” for the November elections.

“The Department of Justice has an important role in deterring and combatting discrimination and intimidation at the polls, threats of violence directed at election officials and poll workers, and election fraud,” an agency press release read. “The Department will address these violations wherever they occur.”
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

The Second American Civil War
2024-2025

Well, Doc, you have the mike
Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:52 pm .

The Second American Civil War
2024-2025

Well, Doc, you have the mike

Last edited by Doc on Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

America cannot have a second civil war. We are still truced in the first one, which never formally ended.

The Army of Northern Virginia surrendered at Appomattox, but the Democratic Confederacy never legally integrated into the Republican Union.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

THe Democrat party has given up on the mid-terms and is trying to egg republicans to violence for 2024

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa ... n-n2615304

Here's the HUGE Red Flag for Dems in Latest WSJ Poll
Doc

Post by Doc »

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

According to Scott Adams both parties are engaged in "election fuckery" (starting at 20:00):

https://youtu.be/0_uLzTcpFNk?t=1200

This is to me one of the mysteries of wonderful USA; you can fly to the moon.. but are not able to organize elections everybody can trust?! Really???

I observed this earlier where Ben Shapiro self-destructively explained he doesn't want standardized, secure and transparent election procedures imposed on the states because “that would give the federal gvt way too much power”. If that’s true then don’t be surprised losing your democracy folks. From then on it is either heading to anarchy or dictatorship.

I did hear Kari Lake making secure and transparent elections a point though. Time to clean out the barn, she’d have my support.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Doc

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:40 am According to Scott Adams both parties are engaged in "election fuckery" (starting at 20:00):

https://youtu.be/0_uLzTcpFNk?t=1200

This is to me one of the mysteries of wonderful USA; you can fly to the moon.. but are not able to organize elections everybody can trust?! Really???

I observed this earlier where Ben Shapiro self-destructively explained he doesn't want standardized, secure and transparent election procedures imposed on the states because “that would give the federal gvt way too much power”. If that’s true then don’t be surprised losing your democracy folks. From then on it is either heading to anarchy or dictatorship.
That is the way it was intentionally setup in the constitution. They felt giving the federal government control over voting would give the Federal government too much power. Given the way the democrats have conducted themselves over the years that is a well founded concern. With digitized elections those concerns are far greater now then when the constitution was written and ballots were on paper. The democrat party is a political machine. One that gathers power to itself and distributes the crumbs to its voters. They are much more likely to conduct dirty graft while Republicans traditionally were more likely to conduct white collar graft.

This election is about realignment. The Democrat party is interested on all kinds of Graft and the republican party is interested still in white color graft. Mostly through campaign contributions, and insider stock trading. Which is still legal for members of congress. There was even a Twitter account to track Nancy Pelosi insider trades so others could profit from it. Then Twitter of course banned the account because it was making Pelosi look bad.

But the fact that insider trading for members of congress is still legal shows exactly why congress should not have power over elections for their big donors to buy

I did hear Kari Lake making secure and transparent elections a point though. Time to clean out the barn, she’d have my support.
Today Keri Lake's campaign HQ received an envelope with white power inside. Try to find that in Big Tech news feeds like Google News.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Well, it's the US Midterm elections today.

To all the 'Merkins, have fun . . . during and after . . .
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
NapLajoieonSteroids

NapLajoieonSteroids

NapLajoieonSteroids

Going back to the 1663 colonial times, Connecticut has never voted an incumbent governor out of office. When elected here, he or she is elected for life; or when they bore of the job; or when they screw something up badly enough that they are privately asked to leave.

This year will not be different from the 419 that came before it.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

I'm ready for the second civil war!!!....'>......
I'm ready for the second civil war!!!....'>......
IMG_0938 (2).jpg (35.78 KiB) Viewed 3261 times
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Doc

Post by Doc »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:14 pm IMG_0938 (2).jpg
We have met the enemy and it is us.

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmSyrGsqmg8

dmSyrGsqmg8
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Don't forget to

"Vote early, vote often, vote Daley",

the Chicago way . . .
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids

Bad night for the GOP?

All races aside (and their implications,) Pennsylvanians voting for Fetterman is an insult to the rest of the country.

The man isn't physically or mentally well at all.
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:58 am Bad night for the GOP?

All races aside (and their implications,) Pennsylvanians voting for Fetterman is an insult to the rest of the country.

The man isn't physically or mentally well at all.
Electing Shapiro after what fellow dem Wolfe did is an insult to humanity
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

So listening to Trump in the aftermath this debacle has been difficult. I think his childish, tone-deaf, narcissistic bloviations were easier to handle when they were mostly reserved for Democrats, but at this moment they're like salt on a wound. I've been a reluctant Trump supporter, but I'm not any more. If he gets in DeSantis's way, I'll vote for anybody else but him. I'll vote for a damn Democrat if I have to. He has to go.
NapLajoieonSteroids

crashtech66 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:13 am So listening to Trump in the aftermath this debacle has been difficult. I think his childish, tone-deaf, narcissistic bloviations were easier to handle when they were mostly reserved for Democrats, but at this moment they're like salt on a wound. I've been a reluctant Trump supporter, but I'm not any more. If he gets in DeSantis's way, I'll vote for anybody else but him. I'll vote for a damn Democrat if I have to. He has to go.
Tell us how you really feel :)
NapLajoieonSteroids

I'll be very blunt and rude about my opinion of the Trump question: I think all this scapegoating is cowardly and just inviting the old vipers back into the room. I am certain the starboard media's push to hang it on trump is being paid for the old gang.

I'll even preface it with I am not sure Trump should run again for a myriad of reasons; but all the hamlet-psychodrama about le grande orange is real pathetic stuff.

So yes, it is well noted that people don't like his bloviating. But a number of us will never forget how, when given the chance to govern with both houses and the presidency, the party grandees sabotaged themselves to spite their own electorate.

The difference is durian wind versus people who either wish to harm us or will sell us out for their social circles.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Case in point:

or John Podhoretz crawling from under his rock to talk about his favorite topic: Donald Trump-- this time he just may catch that wily 76 year old!

This stuff is all so predictable at this point.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Are the old vipers better than the new clowns? Perhaps. It's arguable.

But the reason the clowns were let into the room is because confused little boys like Paul Ryan cried his eyes out that someone he didn't like got elected.

Or Mitch McConnel taking his ball and going home more often than not.

And what to make of Mitt Romney and the Bush clan? Talk about beclowning oneself.