The future of retirement

This too shall pass.
Doc

The future of retirement

Post by Doc »

The future of retirement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ksUgWBsqYY

8ksUgWBsqYY

Don't be alarmed because it looks like a dumpster fire. Embrace the dumpster fire!!

Don't be alarmed by falling life expectancy. Think of it of as weeding out the non productive members of society.

Don't be alarmed by Governors using nursing home as COVID isolation centers. Think of it as reducing government retirement debt by eliminating retirees.

It is everyone's scared duty as "useless people" to protect the wealth of the rich !!!

Make 85 year olds productive members of society again !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em6w1aFsj-4

Em6w1aFsj-4
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Re: The future of retirement

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

All social security, retirement and social healthcare, in Western world , they bankrupt

Reason is , people live longer , much longer , and population not growing, less working tax payers

Government keeping silent, so that people pay into retirement thinking they will be taken care of when time to retire comes

West pretty much bankrupt
Parodite

More miserable musings [Re: The future of retirement]

Post by Parodite »

Something at odds here. Many people worry about population decline. Latest Elon Musk paranoia. Speng Goldman long time warning. Can't wrap my mind around it yet. Things go up and down continuously... why would and should this issue be any different?

More pensionados.. less workforce... is bad? Seems to me more pensionados have more money available in their pension funds to pay young workforce caretakers. If then workforce smaller... wages will go up naturally. Market adjustments which will at least temper the problem?

On the other hand, smaller productive workforce and much bigger volume of non-productive elderly... also smells like tougher times for everybody. Proposed solution to keep immigrants coming "to do the work" sounds like carrying water to the sea when also those immigrants procreate below replacement level. At one point we may need immigrating aliens, or more robots to do the work. You know, the ones that passed the Turing test - at least according to the asperger-autism spectrum techies.

Analogue of plague. Simple example locusts. Suddenly exponential growth followed by exponential decline until plague is over. Elderly volume will be plague-like. They will eat until food finished, resources to sustain any longer gone, died of old age. Matter of time problem solved!

Elderly more lonely, bad care, medically prolonged lives not worth living. Also feeling guilty and useless, not being productive. Demand for active and passive euthanasia will increase. How help miserable elderly in future? I would let them take care of each other more, where possible. Many are not completely written off. Why treat them like guests in hotels? Let the best among them run the hotel. Many will be good enough to do social work.

As for people who want kids but not get any kids in their lifetime... I would relegate that entirely to people's personal responsibility and choice and not put any energy in the question. Seems to me in the past men and women simply responded more easily with a "yes!" when nature called, somewhere between age 17 and 25. Now it's 25-35 age (or above!) before people say yes, i.e. they start planning kids. I never *planned* kids, just let below the belt system dickhead decide. Happy horny and in love... if two-way street is best fundament. Rational decisions tend to be bad gamble.

"Love is blind" probably for some good and organic reason. Gawd forbid you see all the shiit coming in advance.. would never start a family. Eat the apple from tree of knowledge and most of the fun is over. Old solid wisdom.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Doc wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:41 pm The future of retirement

8ksUgWBsqYY

Don't be alarmed because it looks like a dumpster fire. Embrace the dumpster fire!!

Don't be alarmed by falling life expectancy. Think of it of as weeding out the non productive members of society.

Don't be alarmed by Governors using nursing home as COVID isolation centers. Think of it as reducing government retirement debt by eliminating retirees.

It is everyone's scared duty as "useless people" to protect the wealth of the rich !!!

Em6w1aFsj-4

In future people will die while working .. there will be no "retirement"

For many reason

People living longer and longer .. and all "state retirement funds" are pretty much bankrupt.

And, people spend all to enjoy their life and think only Idi*ts save .. probably they right as inflation rate is many fold compared to returns on savings .. Central banks, worldwide, their main job is wiping out the savings of commoners.

As said, in future most people will die still working, if they lucky :lol:

noddy

Post by noddy »

yes, retirement was an amusing experiment for a short period of time.

its going to be like health care or any other service soon - "self funded"
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:05 pm
Doc wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:41 pm The future of retirement

8ksUgWBsqYY

Em6w1aFsj-4

In future people will die while working .. there will be no "retirement"

For many reason

People living longer and longer .. and all "state retirement funds" are pretty much bankrupt.

And, people spend all to enjoy their life and think only Idi*ts save .. probably they right as inflation rate is many fold compared to returns on savings .. Central banks, worldwide, their main job is wiping out the savings of commoners.

As said, in future most people will die still working, if they lucky :lol:

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros