Deglobalisation and the US

Typhoon

Deglobalisation and the US

Post by Typhoon »

WS | The Factory Construction Boom in the US
The supply-chain catastrophe in 2020-2021, the edgy US-China relationship, and the scary dependence on China triggered a big corporate rethink.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Deglobalisation and the US

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Typhoon wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:58 pm WS | The Factory Construction Boom in the US
The supply-chain catastrophe in 2020-2021, the edgy US-China relationship, and the scary dependence on China triggered a big corporate rethink.

What is benefit of manufacturing in US when price not competitive with China, India etc ?

Key is price for same quality

Otherwise things will be (way) more expensive than imports, not only screwing the consumers, but also make export losing business.

Unless

Cost of doing business comes down

Meaning wages, rents, prices come down .. for that "recession" needed

What we headed to

Otherwise, as more things made in US, and they more expensive than imports one (from China), prices will be higher, more inflation

In the past, it was not so that things could not be made in US .. issue was cost .. making it China, India, Bangladesh was way cheaper

Nothing has changed .. still way more expensive to make it in US .. and .. things will become worst as recession in China will make Chinese manufacturing even cheaper.
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Deglobalisation and the US

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

1.png
1.png (1.02 MiB) Viewed 710 times
2.png
2.png (1.88 MiB) Viewed 710 times

Interesting and true article .. good to have the whole article posted