Fashion Industry - Female Enslavement

This too shall pass.
AzariLoveIran

Fashion Industry - Female Enslavement

Post by AzariLoveIran »

image-627.jpg
image-627.jpg (134.54 KiB) Viewed 939 times
Allegra, the daughter of Donatella Versace has been battling anorexia for years. She has a 50% stake in the company founded by her uncle Gianni Versace.

“Each year, the grinding plates of the fashion business mill hundreds of thousands of girls,” the Ukrainian activists wrote in their blog.

“Promoting the glitz and riches of a modelling career they impose false ideals on women, provoking real illnesses. Made a fool of by fashion propaganda, frustrated models regularly join the ranks of sex industry workers and psychiatric patients,” members of the Kiev-based movement, added.

Enki

Re: Fashion Industry - Female Enslavement

Post by Enki »

You gotta win the culture war on that one. Attacking the fashion INDUSTRY itself won't work. You need to reach these young impressionable girls and get them to understand that they don't need to buy into it.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Enki wrote:You gotta win the culture war on that one. Attacking the fashion INDUSTRY itself won't work. You need to reach these young impressionable girls and get them to understand that they don't need to buy into it.
Good luck with that.

I think one stands a better chance of trying to plow the seas.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Typhoon wrote:
Enki wrote:You gotta win the culture war on that one. Attacking the fashion INDUSTRY itself won't work. You need to reach these young impressionable girls and get them to understand that they don't need to buy into it.
Good luck with that.

I think one stands a better chance of trying to plow the seas.
Yes, well. Everyone looks at everything like there is some kind of systemic issue that they can resolve. This definitely does not have a systemic solution.

Many women are saved from this masochism by learning a different way. Many are not.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

I worked in the fashion industry very very reluctantly for a while, and it breaks my heart just thinking about the amount of broken people that I came across.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Topless Protest of Russian Gas Monopoly Go! Godiva Go!

Post by monster_gardener »

AzariLoveIran wrote:
image-627.jpg
Allegra, the daughter of Donatella Versace has been battling anorexia for years. She has a 50% stake in the company founded by her uncle Gianni Versace.

“Each year, the grinding plates of the fashion business mill hundreds of thousands of girls,” the Ukrainian activists wrote in their blog.

“Promoting the glitz and riches of a modelling career they impose false ideals on women, provoking real illnesses. Made a fool of by fashion propaganda, frustrated models regularly join the ranks of sex industry workers and psychiatric patients,” members of the Kiev-based movement, added.

Thank you Very Much for your post, Azari.

Brave young ladies..........

They are also protesting against the Russian Gas Monopoly...........

In -22 degC weather............

VERY BRAVE Young Ladies!

BRAVO!

Godivas of the Frozen North!!!!!!!!

Willing to Bare It :wink: against the Russian Bears.........

Three Cheers for them and the Egyptian Beauty Shop Cane Ladies!!!

Hope we see more of them 8-)

May be NSFW...........
Activists from the Ukrainian women’s movement Femen have protested in front of the Russian natural gas monopoly giant Gazprom. They are protesting against what they call «gas terror», while Kiev is seeking to negotiate a better gas price.

Take a look at how the activists brave the cold (-22 C).
http://bnn-news.com/topless-ukrainian-a ... prom-49793

"Russians" have a long history of nude protest including here in North America.........

The Doukhobors are the most famous example.........

Nude Puritan Christian Communist Sometime :roll: Pacifists :shock:

Kp5umD3HA8k
Last edited by monster_gardener on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Fashion industry is the nexus and enabler of a death worshipping culture that sees life as something perverted via the celebration of skeletons that can only exist with the aid of Cocaine to feel righteous and the distortion of sexuality. It is the lynch pin a structure devoid of love and truth, a mutant replacement for these fundamentals of human existance.
AzariLoveIran

Re: Topless Protest of Russian Gas Monopoly Go! Godiva Go!

Post by AzariLoveIran »

monster_gardener wrote:
AzariLoveIran wrote:
image-627.jpg

VERY BRAVE Young Ladies!

BRAVO!

May be NSFW...........
Activists from the Ukrainian women’s movement Femen have protested in front of the Russian natural gas monopoly giant Gazprom. They are protesting against what they call «gas terror», while Kiev is seeking to negotiate a better gas price.

Yes, lovely girls .. real passionate .. not that vanilla western stuff, dynamite .. all (emotional) virgin territory, the way should be

and

Yes you know my view about Gas

Gas Oil Gold Uranium Trees water Air Copper all things of that sort, should, neither belong to Putin nor to Sheik shithead nor to Ayatollahs .. it belongs to all inhabitants of planet earth, per-capita

yes, those lovely blonds have a valid case , and yes, looking forward for more of it .. why not, next, Full Monty

Enki

Post by Enki »

Well...the 'model' is supposed to be a walking mannequin. It is a twisting of the original purpose that they became some sort of centerpiece of sexual lust. the point was to de-emphasize the woman in favor of emphasizing the clothes.
-Alexander Hamilton
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

The point of the clothes is to emphasize the woman, the reversal of this reveals the perversion of the Abrahamite culture.

Abrahamites are very clever at spreading their virus, in Australia we have a atheist Prime minister but she has placed 2,500 priests in state schools.
monster_gardener

Do we have a Mind to make a Post Scarity Society

AzariLoveIran wrote:
monster_gardener wrote:
AzariLoveIran wrote:
image-627.jpg

VERY BRAVE Young Ladies!

BRAVO!

May be NSFW...........

Yes, lovely girls .. real passionate .. not that vanilla western stuff, dynamite .. all (emotional) virgin territory, the way should be

and

Gas Oil Gold Uranium Trees water Air Copper all things of that sort, should, neither belong to Putin nor to Sheik shithead nor to Ayatollahs .. it belongs to all inhabitants of planet earth, per-capita

yes, those lovely blonds have a valid case , and yes, looking forward for more of it .. why not, next, Full Monty

Don't forget the Brunette too......... :wink:

Hmmmnn........... Actually I had mostly missed that but my bad....... Thanks for the explanation.......

What you say is good as an ideal to work for.........

As I understand it, there is enough food in the world, just not proper distribution..........

What is probably needed is a post scarcity society..........

Something on the order of lian M. Banks' "The Culture"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture

And the Mind(s) to do it....... ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture#Minds

This IMVHO almost makes space exploration/colonization a necessity............. if it is to be done without even more drastic change.....
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

After seeing what passes for haute couture, so-called,

I've simply assumed that many fashion designers are misogynists who really really hate women.

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Typhoon wrote: I've simply assumed that many fashion designers are misogynists who really really hate women.
Many (male) fashion designers are gay. They simply don't understand what makes a woman beautiful. That's probably why models with androgynous features are so highly prized. There's a popular reality show here in the US about aspiring fashion designers, Project Runway, and I recall seeing an episode where the challenge was to design clothes for the wives of ordinary men rather than the usual models they work with on the show. One male designer was panicked that his woman had breasts. Breasts are awkward, he said, and he couldn't think of any way to design around them.

My rule of thumb is: if a nice rack "ruins" it, then it isn't fit for wearing.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Good rule
monster_gardener

Gay Men & Women: Enemies, Best Friends or Mutally obtuse....

Zack Morris wrote:
Typhoon wrote: I've simply assumed that many fashion designers are misogynists who really really hate women.
Many (male) fashion designers are gay. They simply don't understand what makes a woman beautiful. That's probably why models with androgynous features are so highly prized. There's a popular reality show here in the US about aspiring fashion designers, Project Runway, and I recall seeing an episode where the challenge was to design clothes for the wives of ordinary men rather than the usual models they work with on the show. One male designer was panicked that his woman had breasts. Breasts are awkward, he said, and he couldn't think of any way to design around them.

Thank you Very Much for your post, Zack Morris.
Many (male) fashion designers are gay. They simply don't understand what makes a woman beautiful.
Hmmmnnnnnnn..............

You may be right. It seems as if it might make sense.......

But appears to run somewhat counter to what I have read & been told by women ........

That Gays and women often are best buddies because they often* have similar interests: fashion, make up etc. and the gals don't normally have to worry about the gays hitting on them if they are pure gay........... as opposed to the hetero men/male lesbians**............

Hmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnn .................

You may be right.......... Still might not really understand..........

I suspect Typhoon may also be right..............

* but not always............

**Lesbian trapped in a man's body............ :shock: ;) 8-)
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Most of the male fashion wankers I've known and seen have been gay and retarded, they seem think to homosexuality inherently entails a personality beyond sexuality. I think they like to seek revenge for their persecution by making women look ill and screwing with their heads so that hetero males suffer debonification. That said most of the women fashion tards I've known have been screwed in the head as well.
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Carbizene wrote:.
Most of the male fashion wankers I've known and seen have been gay and retarded, they seem think to homosexuality inherently entails a personality beyond sexuality. I think they like to seek revenge for their persecution by making women look ill and screwing with their heads so that hetero males suffer debonification. That said most of the women fashion tards I've known have been screwed in the head as well.
Could not say it better Brizenze, could not

you nailed it

all this fashion garbage just to fool woman out of their money .. does not make them sexy a bit

yes, gays sabotaging, taking revenge

Am really puzzled how a woman could think a homosexual can say what a hetero man finds sexy and erotic

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Zack Morris wrote:

Typhoon, Amen!! Zack: as the bikers often chant "don't give me lavender! Show me your tits!"

If becoming a model is tied into one's desire for acceptance or popularity, to me it seems less like enslavement, than a desperate cry for attention from a tortured soul.

"You are the slave of those from whom you seek approval."

"If you let yourself be made out in the right by another, you must no less let yourself be made out in the wrong by him. If approval and reward come to you from another, you must also expect his disapproval and punishment."
Max Stirner

To those who are only in it for the financial opportunity, and not to gain some twisted form of self-respect, I say good for you. Like a pro athlete, you will only have these abilities/looks for a short period, better make hay while the sun shines and save for a rainy day.

So many celebrities self-destruct by trying to control/satisfy what is totally beyond their control, the fickle, ephemoral fads that the public finds temporarily entertaining.

the title of this thread made me think of dogs shows... or a wine tasting event.....look at the audience..... sad....
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

AzariLoveIran wrote: yes, gays sabotaging, taking revenge
Protocols of the Elders of Castro
(coming soon to a Persian bookstore near you)
Last edited by Zack Morris on Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

This discussion reminds me of a great article: High Fascism.
During the Occupation, the Nazis and their French allies recognized the power and national prestige of the French fashion industry and sought to harness it. When the collaborationist Vichy government took over direction of the French lifestyle magazine Paris Soir, it announced in its pages a “summer of couture ... and shopping.” The Nazis were so enamored with fashion’s place in French culture that in their plans for postwar Europe, they stipulated that, unlike other industries, the fashion sector would remain in France.

Many in fashion were eager to play along. Lucien Lelong, a designer who supported Vichy and whose house stayed open during the war, saw couture as a political force: “Our role is to give France the face of serenity. The more elegant Frenchwomen are, the more our country will show the world that we are not afraid.”

French fashion publications advocated a deep connection between the cultural splendor of couture and Frenchwomen’s national, even genetic identity.

“Every woman in Paris is a living propaganda poster, the universal function of the Frenchwoman is to remain chic,” wrote one fashion journalist in the early 1940s. “Frenchwomen are the repositories of chic, because this inheritance is inscribed in their race,” wrote another. And as Vichy continued to toe the Nazi line about Aryan physical fitness, more French fashion magazines began focusing on exercise and diet for women.

Although not everyone in the world of French fashion fell in line with fascist ideas, it’s no coincidence that many did. After all, there are deep and unsettling parallels between the industry, particularly in Europe, and fascism’s antidemocratic aesthetic.

At the root of the whole system is the most elusive myth of all: the impossible promise that fashion can vanquish physical inadequacy and aging, conferring the beauty and youth we see on the runways and on every page of Vogue — a cult of physical perfection very much at home in the history of fascism.
The article discusses the infamous Galliano incident and concludes:
The link is clear: like a fascist demagogue of yore, he was declaring that she did not belong to the gilded group who wear the right boots, and from this Mr. Galliano slid effortlessly to a condemnation of her very flesh, and a wish for her death.
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Zack Morris wrote:
AzariLoveIran wrote: yes, gays sabotaging, taking revenge
Protocols of the Elders of Castro

(coming soon to a Persian bookstore near you)

As the old good man, Henry Ford, once said re Protocols of the Elders of "you know who"

"it might be not true, but it sure feels that way"

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Zack Morris wrote:
Probably one aspect the reason so much of what passes as women's fashion is so far removed from anything wearable.

Another is probably the need for novelty on the part of particular designer in order to make a name for himself. Analogous to the type of modern art installations one sees.
Zack Morris wrote:My rule of thumb is: if a nice rack "ruins" it, then it isn't fit for wearing.
Thirded. A good rule of rack, er, bum, er, thumb.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Zack Morris wrote:This discussion reminds me of a great article: High Fascism.
During the Occupation, the Nazis and their French allies recognized the power and national prestige of the French fashion industry and sought to harness it. When the collaborationist Vichy government took over direction of the French lifestyle magazine Paris Soir, it announced in its pages a “summer of couture ... and shopping.” The Nazis were so enamored with fashion’s place in French culture that in their plans for postwar Europe, they stipulated that, unlike other industries, the fashion sector would remain in France.

Many in fashion were eager to play along. Lucien Lelong, a designer who supported Vichy and whose house stayed open during the war, saw couture as a political force: “Our role is to give France the face of serenity. The more elegant Frenchwomen are, the more our country will show the world that we are not afraid.”

French fashion publications advocated a deep connection between the cultural splendor of couture and Frenchwomen’s national, even genetic identity.

“Every woman in Paris is a living propaganda poster, the universal function of the Frenchwoman is to remain chic,” wrote one fashion journalist in the early 1940s. “Frenchwomen are the repositories of chic, because this inheritance is inscribed in their race,” wrote another. And as Vichy continued to toe the Nazi line about Aryan physical fitness, more French fashion magazines began focusing on exercise and diet for women.

Although not everyone in the world of French fashion fell in line with fascist ideas, it’s no coincidence that many did. After all, there are deep and unsettling parallels between the industry, particularly in Europe, and fascism’s antidemocratic aesthetic.

At the root of the whole system is the most elusive myth of all: the impossible promise that fashion can vanquish physical inadequacy and aging, conferring the beauty and youth we see on the runways and on every page of Vogue — a cult of physical perfection very much at home in the history of fascism.
The article discusses the infamous Galliano incident and concludes:
The link is clear: like a fascist demagogue of yore, he was declaring that she did not belong to the gilded group who wear the right boots, and from this Mr. Galliano slid effortlessly to a condemnation of her very flesh, and a wish for her death.
This reminds me of the section in Satre's great novel Troubled Sleep of the Parisian queer enthralled by the uniforms of occupying Nazis and their physiques. To him, nothing else mattered.

Perhaps these were Satre's observations, in fictional form, on "High Fascism".
Enki

Post by Enki »

I have a great book called 'Hitler and the Power of Aesthetics' in that vein.
-Alexander Hamilton
monster_gardener

Typhoon wrote:
Zack Morris wrote:
Probably one aspect the reason so much of what passes as women's fashion is so far removed from anything wearable.

Another is probably the need for novelty on the part of particular designer in order to make a name for himself. Analogous to the type of modern art installations one sees.
Zack Morris wrote:My rule of thumb is: if a nice rack "ruins" it, then it isn't fit for wearing.

Thank You Very Much for your post, Typhoon.
:lol: :oops: :lol:
Quite Right.......