Purim .. Book of Esther, Chapter 9

AzariLoveIran

Purim .. Book of Esther, Chapter 9

Post by AzariLoveIran »

mass murder carried out by Jews against 75,810 Pomegranates, (Book of Esther, Chapter 9).

This year, on Purim, I'm raising a glass to the people of Iran.

monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

No True Persian Re: Purim .. Book of Esther, Chapter 9

Post by monster_gardener »

AzariLoveIran wrote:.

mass murder carried out by Jews against 75,810 Pomegranates, (Book of Esther, Chapter 9).

Thank you Very Much for your post, Azari.

Glad you quoted "I'm raising a glass to the people of Iran"

but the link quote was IMVHO misleading...........

AIUI the villains killed in the Book of Esther were not true Pomegranates*........... Were Amalek (anagram of Lameck/Lamech).... much close relatives of the Jews....... or homicidal villians.........**

With Cyrus so recent, I would hope that "No true Persian" :wink: would aim at the extermination of the People whose G_d anointed the King of Kings...........

If you read the book of Esther, the behavior of the Jews was near unusual........... did NOT touch the Plunder....... that probably hadn't happened since that bad joke AGag :wink: died ...............

Reminds of a joke......

Policeman brings a Jew and a Scotsman before a Judge accusing them of being drunk and disorderly.
When asked how he knew they were both drunk, the policeman said:
The Scotsman was throwing money into the street and the Jew was picking it up AND HANDING IT BACK to him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best to quote the entire piece.......... IMVHO it is an attempt at peace..........

It's the dead of winter here in more ways than one. But on Monday, in this pocket of the foothills that rise and stumble and climb finally toward Jerusalem, we got a ray of light at four minutes after four in the morning. Ten time zones from here, an Iranian film director was telling the world, telling us, something that we needed to hear.

“At this time, many Iranians all over the world are watching us and I imagine them to be very happy," began Asghar Farhadi, accepting his Oscar for A Separation.
Oscars

From left, Peyman Moadi, Asghar Farhadi with the Oscar for best foreign language film for 'A Separation,' February 26, 2012.
Photo by: AP

What are your thoughts on this issue? Follow Haaretz.com on Facebook and share your views.

These days, when I think about Iran, the thoughts all too often run to threats, theirs and ours. It's an achingly fitting complement to the Jewish carnival holiday of Purim, which takes place in Iran's ancient forerunner of Persia. This is the festival whose revelry masks a subtext of human extermination and genocide ordered by Persia's leader against the Jews, "young and old, women and children," followed by mass murder carried out by Jews against 75,810 Pomegranates, (Book of Esther, Chapter 9).

In any case, as an Israeli and an American-born, I'd been hoping that Footnote, the grand, peculiar work of genius by an American-born Israeli, would win for Best Foreign Language Film. But as I listened to Farhadi's halting, powerful words, there seemed to be a larger design in play.

"They are happy not just because of an important award or a film or a filmmaker," he continued, speaking of young and old, women and children, whom we here long ago stopped being able to see as just people.

"But because at a time when talk of war, intimidation and aggression is exchanged between politicians, the name of their country, Iran, is spoken here through her glorious culture, a rich and ancient culture that has been hidden under the heavy dust of politics."

He was speaking about nearly 80 million people who are not at war with us. He was speaking about millions and millions of people who are not Khamenei, not Ahmadinejad, not Revolutionary Guards, not nuclear weapons developers, not rocket guidance experts.

And he was also speaking about us.

The world has little patience for either of us, little trust, very little love, for the Iranians in their country or the Israelis in theirs. A year ago, a BBC poll conducted in 27 nations ranked Israel as one of the most negatively viewed countries in the world. Israel shared the bottom of the list along with Iran, North Korea, and Pakistan.

We, the Iranians and the Israelis, are built of memory, much of it bitter. We know isolation as few others. We have little trust in the world, little reason to put our faith in our neighbors. In every home, even children can put names to the cost of war.

Fitting for next week's holiday of masquerade, our public face, what you see from the outside, is a lie. The Foreign Film Oscar headline in Yediot Ahronot – THE WORLD IS AGAINST US - was only partly tongue-in-cheek. In Iran, where officials were said to have been merciless in placing obstacles in the path of Farhadi's film, the head of the state Cinematic Agency responded to the Oscar by announcing that the Academy Award spelled the "beginning of the collapse" of Israeli influence in the United States, which he said "beats the drum of war."

"I proudly offer this award to the people of my country, a people who respect all cultures and civilizations and despise hostility and resentment.”

The people of Iran do not want a war. In the 1980s they fought a victor-less war with Iraq, a terrible conflict that left half a million dead.

Nor do the people of Israel want a war. They want the 200,000 rockets which Iran's allies have stored on our borders, to stay in their bunkers.

We're a lot alike. If it comes to war, we will not allow the other side to win. Neither of us. Whatever it takes. If it comes to war, both sides can only lose.

Lately, there are those among my people, American Jews, who would have us believe that lobbying for war with Iran is the truest test of loyalty to Israel.

So there is something fitting in the fact that next week, just before Purim, the grand carnival of American Jewry, the annual conference of AIPAC, will be held in Washington.

AIPAC's "legislative centerpiece," the Forward reported, will be a tough proposed Senate resolution which opponents see "as moving America too close to a declaration of war."

When the directors and actors of the Iranian and Israeli films met in Hollywood this week and were able to speak privately, "all the the ra'alot fell away," Footnote star Lior Ashkenazi said, using a word that can mean masks, veils, or hoods. "They are warm hearted people. We invited them to Tel Aviv and they invited us to Tehran."

I'm determined that this Purim will be different. No more "Iranians are Amalek, Haman the Wicked, Hitler."

This year, on Purim, I toast the victory that comes when people have the courage to cross a room, armed only with open hearts, and turn mortal conflict into conversation.

This year, on Purim, I'm lifting my glass to an entirely new meaning for the Borsht Belt-to-Broadway comedian Alan King's capsule summary of every Jewish holiday: "They tried to kill us. We won. Let's eat."

*OK Maybe I need a bottle of true :wink: Scotch :wink: whiskey

** I know this argument has dangers......... Was Ralph, the Nader :wink: Shah a true Persian..........
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
AzariLoveIran

Re: Purim .. Book of Esther, Chapter 9

Post by AzariLoveIran »

“Then too, they wanted to wipe us out,” Netanyahu tells the US president after giving him a gift of the Scroll of Esther.

The Scroll, or the Megila, tells a tale of palace intrigue featuring a Jewish beauty, Queen Esther, who charms a Persian king into foiling an evil adviser’s genocidal plans for her people some 2,500 years ago.

“Then too, they wanted to wipe us out,” Netanyahu told Obama, according to an Israeli official.

Jews around the world will gather in synagogues on Wednesday to read the Megila, on the eve of the Jewish holiday of Purim, a celebration of salvation and of turning the tables on one’s foes.

“And the Jews smote all their enemies with the stroke of the sword, and with slaughter and destruction, and did what they would unto them that hated them,” one of the verses says.
Netanyahu has also invoked the lessons of the Nazi Holocaust, in which six million Jews were killed, in citing the dangers he says a nuclear-armed Iran – the modern-day Persia – would pose.

:lol:

what a rubbish

Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Persia was a conspicuous ally of Israel during their ancient period. The Babylonians were the villains, not to mention the various indigenous Canaanite and Bedu tribes that the Jews exterminated to take possession of their kingdom.
monster_gardener

Israelite History Nuances.........

Ibrahim wrote:Persia was a conspicuous ally of Israel during their ancient period. The Babylonians were the villains, not to mention the various indigenous Canaanite and Bedu tribes that the Jews exterminated to take possession of their kingdom.
Thank you Very Much for your Post, Ibrahim.
Persia was a conspicuous ally of Israel during their ancient period.
Absolutely correct. Too bad they are about the destroy each other and perhaps much more................ :( :( :(

The Tanakh puts G_d's of approval on the Persian King/Emperor Cyrus the Great.......

As with any absolute monarch, danger waits in the wing, as seen in "Esther"........

But nothing that G_d and a pretty, brave, smart, Jewish Princess & her wise uncle can't handle........

The Babylonians were the villains,
Not completely correct ........ Just ask Jeremiah, the Weeping Prophet....... Nebuchadnezzar is seen as G_d's agent to punish the Jews for their sins...... Neb did OK till his hubris brought him down..........
various indigenous Canaanite and Bedu tribes that the Jews exterminated to take possession of their kingdom.
Partially Correct but the Jews did NOT do a through job...... Allied with Gibeonites....... Intermarried with other ones.......
Prophets are constantly complaining about this...........

Also for a loooooong time, there was no formal kingdom.......... Every man doing what was right in his own eyes......... In a way almost a "Libertarian Anarchy" ...though that may be misleading......... Every so often a strong man or woman would gain enough prestige that people would agree to abide by her or her judgment........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Judges
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Monster ,

things becoming more and more pervert

am sure you familiar with that episode in FT forum when I asked Spengler how the European and Russian and Khazar consider themselves being what David always said "children of Sara", belonging to Hebrew tribe

Spengler said Ashkenazim become "children of Sarah" by "miracle"

well

Iranians took care of "Children of Sara" for 2600 yrs, housed, fed them

Dispute not with those Children of Sara

Dispute, with self declared, by means of miracle, neither believing in nor practicing Judaism Khazari, Slavo-Tatar folks .. Lvovich folks, a criminal gang.

monster_gardener

Who is a Jew... Whether desires to be so or not........

Monster ,

am sure you familiar with that episode in FT forum when I asked Spengler how the European and Russian and Khazar consider themselves being what David always said "children of Sara", belonging to Hebrew tribe

Spengler said Ashkenazim become "children of Sarah" by "miracle"

well

Dispute, with self declared, by means of miracle, neither believing in nor practicing Judaism Khazari, Slavo-Tatar folks .. Lvovich folks, a criminal gang.

Thank you very much for your post, Azari.
Seems that way..............

But IIRC Plato :wink: complained about the degeneration of the youth........

IMVHO except for the wholesale nature of Nukes and other WMD sub specie aeterni so it has almost always been......

I may be wrong...........

Actually I am not........Was at ATOL but not very much at FT.........

Feel free to post the link......... Thanks in advance......

And slapped them around a bit sometimes.........But yes Iran much better than Europe especially England for much of history let alone Devilish Dolph in Germany ........ Pogroms among the Parouski Russian Bears..... etc.....
The Mizari will die too in this dispute if things don't change. Blast and Fallout respect only shielding............
Per "Judaism for Dummies" being a Jew is like having citzenship: some get it by birth....... some get it by taking a test......."

I say that the most important definition of who is a Jew is what enemies of Jews define as being a Jew when they are trying to kill or otherwise persecute them.............
AzariLoveIran

Re: Who is a Jew... Whether desires to be so or not........

Post by AzariLoveIran »

monster_gardener wrote:.

Per "Judaism for Dummies" being a Jew is like having citzenship: some get it by birth....... some get it by taking a test ......."

Love this one Monster, love this one

drop in from Khazaria, take a test, and start bulldozing that poor Pali olive grove

Well, Monster, what's your take of all this ?

monster_gardener wrote:.

Actually I am not........Was at ATOL but not very much at FT.........

Feel free to post the link......... Thanks in advance......

Spengler : "conversion implies a miracle by which the convert becomes an actual descendant of Abraham and Sarah"

Mr. Spengler . . I know you care about this issue . .

Now a theological question :

Have not heard that in Talbot there is any provision of CONVERSION to Judaism of non Jews, let alone any talk of "miracle by which the convert becomes an actual descendant of Abraham and Sarah" . .

I assume, Idea of "miracle" was introduced later on to accommodate the 99% of Jews that are not from Hebrew tribe but are converts . .

Well . . Mr. Spengelr , my question is, why not let another miracle happen and offspring of Jewish man or woman, both equality, considered Jews . . this would solve all . .

Miracles dime a dozen . . why not in this case

:lol: :lol:

David saying, seems you 2nd him, Slavo-Tatar from Daghestan by a miracle become sons and daughters of Sarah and kick the Pali (probably the original Jews as Ben Gurion said) out of their home of 1000s yrs claiming a guy never existed named Moses promised them this

Loooove it :lol:

And these people claim Biblical right for homes of indigini .. people from Daghestan and Khazar and and and

Come on Mr. Perfect, come on Monster, enough is enough

TUEbs1hD2GY