Western Child Soldiers

This too shall pass.
Demon of Undoing

Re: Western Child Soldiers

Post by Demon of Undoing »

Hey, I don't know where you live, but we got Etruscans falling out of the trees over here. They all swear they are guidos from Jersey, but I ain't buying it.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Shamar Thomas, the famous Occupy Marine who was yelling at the NYPD talks about child soldiers in his hood.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Enki

Post by Enki »

noddy wrote:one of the biggest disconnects in political worldview at the moment is this issue.

one side says violence is taught and thusly is a cycle that can be broken provided you dont expose your kiddies to it while the other side says violence is instinctual and builtin and you need to be taught it, to control it.

i tend to the latter viewpoint but only when the nuances are towards "control" of your inner violence rather than cliche extreme of celebrating or denying it.
^^This
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Enki

Post by Enki »

Demon of Undoing wrote:Expecting to be a child much past 13 or so, in my estimation, is asking to be spoiled. If raised properly, you should be ready to go into the final level of your learning how to be a functioning carbon unit- in another two to three years, I expect them to be able to do most anything an adult can do.

Now, as to whether military schools and religious instruction is abuse, well, f- me. Everything is abuse nowadays. Why not.
I think teenage rebellion is a product of the stifling of a biological shift into adulthood. The fights really become about whether or not they are being treated like an adult. Treat them like adults, make sure they comprehend real consequences and they'll act like adults.
-Alexander Hamilton
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Enki wrote:I think teenage rebellion is a product of the stifling . .
And I think teen rebellion is the product of stifled opportunity for self-identification. If, during the pre-teen years, a youngster is somehow coerced into making choices that please others, he or she will experience a crisis of self-identification as self-awareness comes to the fore during teen years. Thus if the previously-coercing entity says "black," the teen must say "white" in order to survive as an individual.

If, however, during pre-teen years, the powers-that-be in the child's life encourage and foster the child's ability to make choices on the basis of the child's existing personality—likes, dislikes, etc.—there will be no teen-rebellion.

The child will instead slide seamlessly into adulthood.
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Enki

Post by Enki »

Marcus wrote:
And I think teen rebellion is the product of stifled opportunity for self-identification. If, during the pre-teen years, a youngster is somehow coerced into making choices that please others, he or she will experience a crisis of self-identification as self-awareness comes to the fore during teen years. Thus if the previously-coercing entity says "black," the teen must say "white" in order to survive as an individual.

If, however, during pre-teen years, the powers-that-be in the child's life encourage and foster the child's ability to make choices on the basis of the child's existing personality—likes, dislikes, etc.—there will be no teen-rebellion.

Astute observation
-Alexander Hamilton
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Enki wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Astute observation
Seconded.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Carbizene

Re: Calvin Is as Calvin Does... Good or Very Evil....

Post by Carbizene »

monster_gardener wrote:
VERY Important read for Uz........ Hope you don't have them in Oz..........

http://reason.com/archives/1998/11/01/i ... singlepage

**** It does slow me down some which usually is good.........
Our roots of Convict eviction from the motherland exposed a faux compassion which we will never forget, thus have a healthy scepticism unlikely to facilitate such a path.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Demon of Undoing wrote:Expecting to be a child much past 13 or so, in my estimation, is asking to be spoiled. If raised properly, you should be ready to go into the final level of your learning how to be a functioning carbon unit- in another two to three years, I expect them to be able to do most anything an adult can do.
A child doesn't leave the whirlpool of puberty till 18, expecting them to think straight before then just ain't fair.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Typhoon wrote:
Enki wrote:
Marcus wrote:

Astute observation
Seconded.

Must disagree. Youthful rebellion is produced by wealth and ease. It's no coincidence that the whole concept of the "teenager" is largely a product of postwar white America. To suggest various correctives is reasonable, but military indoctrination strikes me as one of the less desirable. But that is a subjective view. I prefer Athens to Sparta, not everyone agrees naturally.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Enki wrote:Shamar Thomas, the famous Occupy Marine who was yelling at the NYPD talks about child soldiers in his hood.
Now this I did not consider. The disproportionate effects of urban crime in certain communities does bear some similarity to conditions in the developing world.

Demon of Undoing wrote:Hey, I don't know where you live, but we got Etruscans falling out of the trees over here. They all swear they are guidos from Jersey, but I ain't buying it.
It's Gauls where I live. They call themselves Quebecois, but the bellicosity, drunkenness and mustaches are a dead giveaway.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Ibrahim wrote:
Must disagree. Youthful rebellion is produced by wealth and ease. It's no coincidence that the whole concept of the "teenager" is largely a product of postwar white America. To suggest various correctives is reasonable, but military indoctrination strikes me as one of the less desirable. But that is a subjective view. I prefer Athens to Sparta, not everyone agrees naturally.
Interesting take, hadn't thought of the correlation between Youthful rebellion, wealth and ease.

I see Youthful rebellion as the Tectonic replenisher of Humanity, where would Humanity be without Bill Gates et al rebelling against the Testosterone loaded, man as destroyer bs of the greatest generation....most likely this:

The preponderance and acceptance of eternal war in our collective societies suggests that the Spartans won and use Athenian ideals merrily for the mother in law.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Carbizene wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Interesting take, hadn't thought of the correlation between Youthful rebellion, wealth and ease.

I see Youthful rebellion as the Tectonic replenisher of Humanity, where would Humanity be without Bill Gates et al rebelling against the Testosterone loaded, man as destroyer bs of the greatest generation....
I was referring to idle teen rebellion and juvenile delinquency. The succession of youth countercultures since WW2. Ever been to a punk or hardcore concert? Plenty of testosterone and destroyer bs, but most of the kids come from middle class suburban homes. Better than child soldiering though.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

in 87/88 i used to go and see The Mark of Cain at the Old Queens Arms in Adelaide, they are rated by Henry Rollins as the worlds finest Hardcore..as for all that jumping around lavender at so called hardcore gigs..as Henry says they should all just get a room.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Ibrahim wrote:
Enki wrote:Shamar Thomas, the famous Occupy Marine who was yelling at the NYPD talks about child soldiers in his hood.
Now this I did not consider. The disproportionate effects of urban crime in certain communities does bear some similarity to conditions in the developing world.
Also 18 year old Marines like him.

Demon of Undoing wrote:Hey, I don't know where you live, but we got Etruscans falling out of the trees over here. They all swear they are guidos from Jersey, but I ain't buying it.
It's Gauls where I live. They call themselves Quebecois, but the bellicosity, drunkenness and mustaches are a dead giveaway.
;)
-Alexander Hamilton
Demon of Undoing

Post by Demon of Undoing »

Gies me an idea. Make a website devoted to irate and obvious racism, but have it be, I dunno, pro-Dacian/ anti-Scythian, maybe rage incessantly against the Folani and Suebians as corrosive threats. Make it just as over the top as possible.

" All Jutes Must Die!!!"
YMix

Post by YMix »

Demon of Undoing wrote:Gies me an idea. Make a website devoted to irate and obvious racism, but have it be, I dunno, pro-Dacian/ anti-Scythian, maybe rage incessantly against the Folani and Suebians as corrosive threats. Make it just as over the top as possible.

" All Jutes Must Die!!!"
Pro-Dacian is not a good idea. You'd have all the Romanian morons flocking to it. There's quite an industry of bad "research" and bad "mysticism" here, seeking to prove that Dacia was better than sliced bread and that Dacians were the "creme de la creme". Last I heard, there was some spiritual/astral conduit right over Dacia, linking it to I-have-no-idea-what-kind-of-crap on other planets and the Kogaion (a sacred mountain) was some really big deal or other.

A good example of a moron: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_S%C4%83vescu
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

What is it about that part of the planet that fosters such a baroque pastiche of incessant, never ending hate? I knew a guy at design school who was Croat, his girlfriend was one of the most beautiful women I ever met, jet black hair cut short in a bob to accentuate gorgeous features, dressed impeccably hot in black, white, hot pink with a warm personality to match, who just happened to be Serb. His family rejected her purely on Nationalist grounds...in Australia..thus he did. If my family rejected such a entity, I would reject them, rejecting the crazy, no matter the cost.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Too many people, too little space? Something in the water? Inbreeding? Boredom? Stupidity? Take your pick.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

inbreeding sounds like a good one : matched with the frission created by the butting of two sects.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Demon of Undoing wrote:Gies me an idea. Make a website devoted to irate and obvious racism, but have it be, I dunno, pro-Dacian/ anti-Scythian, maybe rage incessantly against the Folani and Suebians as corrosive threats. Make it just as over the top as possible.

" All Jutes Must Die!!!"
Always wanted to find a hardcore Aryan Pride website, all about the superiority of Aryan people and Aryan civilization, and then have everyone contributing and supporting the site to be Punjabis or something. I bunch of guys who look like Apu from The Simpsons referring to themselves (correctly to some extent) as the proud Aryan master race.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Ibrahim wrote:

" All Jutes Must Die!!!"
Always wanted to find a hardcore Aryan Pride website, all about the superiority of Aryan people and Aryan civilization, and then have everyone contributing and supporting the site to be Punjabis or something. I bunch of guys who look like Apu from The Simpsons referring to themselves (correctly to some extent) as the proud Aryan master race.
I used to know a guy who was an Indian who identified with Nazis.
-Alexander Hamilton
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Indian Waffen SS/German Native Americans Re:WesternChildSold

Post by monster_gardener »

Enki wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:

" All Jutes Must Die!!!"
Thank You Very Much for Your Post, Tinker.
Indian Sub-Continent (SC) or Native American?

Remember a photo of Indian SC members of the Waffen SS..........

Also IIRC Germans/Nazis of the WW2 era identified with Native Americans :shock: :o :shock: and some German POWs wanted to escape, join up with the Native Americans :shock: and do Guerilla war against the "Whites"........

Must not have gotten the memo from the Mormons/LDS that the Indians were the Lost 10 Jewish tribes :shock: ;)

May have been confused by all 3 groups plus Buddhists using Swasticas though IIRC the Nazis did theirs bass-ackwards :wink:

Also didn't get the memo from Buddha about not taking life.... ;) :(
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Enki

Post by Enki »

He was an Indian as in from India, but he was born in America, but his parents were from India.
-Alexander Hamilton
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Met a Mexican-American guy who held some pretty neo-Nazi views, not full blown but close. His rationale was that Goths were Aryan, took over Spain, then the Conquistadors were white, defeated the native inhabitants, and thus Mexicans were Aryans.

I actually used the line Bill Maher says he uses on religious people and lunatics. "Well, anything's possible..."