France

Typhoon

Re: France

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Doc wrote:ISIS is softening up Europe for conquest. Expect more and more attacks. I give it 10 to 20 years.
Less than 10.
Flinging fantasies from across the Pond.
Don't shoot the messenger.
There's not enough bullets in the USA to shoot all the self-appointed messengers confusing their wishful fantasies for messages.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Doc wrote:ISIS is softening up Europe for conquest. Expect more and more attacks. I give it 10 to 20 years.
Less than 10.
There's not enough bullets in the USA to shoot all the self-appointed messengers confusing their wishful fantasies for messages.
Didn't ISIS get mini-nuked by Russia last week? I think they will become easily discouraged so many deaths for litle money.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

It's lizards all the way down.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Less than 10.
One man's fantasies are another man's fear based policy.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36817435
France has called up 12,000 police reservists to help boost security after Thursday's attack in Nice in which more than 80 people were killed.

Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve also appealed to "all willing French patriots" to sign up as reservists, to help protect the country's borders.
Censorship isn't necessary
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
Less than 10.
One man's fantasies are another man's fear based policy.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36817435
France has called up 12,000 police reservists to help boost security after Thursday's attack in Nice in which more than 80 people were killed.

Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve also appealed to "all willing French patriots" to sign up as reservists, to help protect the country's borders.
No one, except perhaps the Grauniad, is arguing that France does not have a problem.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Unfortunately in the year 2016 they think the problem lies outside their borders (see quote). The problem lies within their borders.

This is why I give them no more than 10 years.

The next question is why France got in this predicament. Any ideas?
YMix

Post by YMix »

Bastille Day terror killer Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel regularly used dating sites to pick up male and female lovers, it has been reported.

Details of 31-year-old’s personal life have emerged from his mobile phone, which is in the possession of police investigators.

It reveals that – despite claims that he had recently been radicalised into a strict Islamist - he was bisexual, drank alcohol and smoked drugs.

The phone was picked up by police officers after they shot him dead on Thursday in a lorry that he had used to kill 85 people on the Promenade des Anglais, in the French city of Nice.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

YMix wrote:Bastille Day terror killer Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel regularly used dating sites to pick up male and female lovers, it has been reported.

Details of 31-year-old’s personal life have emerged from his mobile phone, which is in the possession of police investigators.

It reveals that – despite claims that he had recently been radicalised into a strict Islamist - he was bisexual, drank alcohol and smoked drugs.
Between Orlando and Nice, one might extrapolate that what the spooks should be looking for is pseudo-Islamic-extremist guys who are actually closet queers with issues.

However, two data points do not make a trend.
YMix wrote:The phone was picked up by police officers after they shot him dead on Thursday in a lorry that he had used to kill 85 people on the Promenade des Anglais, in the French city of Nice.
The pundits will continue to ignore any evidence contrary to the worlds they have constructed inside their heads.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

YMix wrote:It reveals that – despite claims that he had recently been radicalised into a strict Islamist - he was bisexual, drank alcohol and smoked drugs.
I don't think it is a coincidence, would even call it a trend, that general human tendencies and behaviors can get seriously amplified by meta-physical memes of sorts. Vengeance, fear of women, the desire to dominate, the appeal to authority are all in Islamic culture, Quran included, for grabs to serve the needy... and often mentally instable.

Neither is it a coincidence and even a trend to totally arbitrarily consider one form if "Islam" worthy of the name and other forms unworthy, unrepresentative of "the real thing".

Meta-physics is by nature vulnerable to ongoing disagreement, interpretation, arbitrary selection of texts 'holy' enough to represent the word of God. There is no one-Islam as such, there just are various cults/cultures where religious memes shape, with other variables, human behavior. I bisexual drunk who considers himself a faithful Muslim is as much a Muslim as one who piously cites Islamic verses in front of a crowd trying to control other peoples minds and feelings, or who merely poetically reflects on magic words found in old Islamic texts and calls him/herself "a Sufi".
Deep down I'm very superficial
YMix

Post by YMix »

Parodite wrote:I don't think it is a coincidence, would even call it a trend, that general human tendencies and behaviors can get seriously amplified by meta-physical memes of sorts. Vengeance, fear of women, the desire to dominate, the appeal to authority are all in Islamic culture, Quran included, for grabs to serve the needy... and often mentally instable.
I am well aware of the fact that "traditional" Orthodoxy attracts men who really like Ephesians 5:22-24 and all the church doctrine built on it.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

A special sect of gay, drunk mass murdering Islam I shall call Bouhel-Shiite.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Alexis

A scalpel, not a saw

Post by Alexis »

Simple Minded wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Condolences to France on this recent attack.
seconded
Thirded.
May thanks, Messieurs :)
Merci beaucoup, Gentlemen.

About Jihadists being queer, straight, poor, rich, observant Muslims, devious Muslims, white, black, man, woman, native Muslims, Muslim by conversion, stupid, smart... Yes! I couldn't agree more.
More important, the facts do agree that they are all these things. And more.

In a word, they are diverse. Any attempt to "explain" them by a single characteristic, except their adhesion to the Salafist politico-religious ideology and project is an illusion.

This may be the right time to comment Spengler's latest on this attack.

I need first to tell that I have sincere respect for David Goldman. Oftentimes I was in disagreement with him, other times he learnt me many a thing or fact.

However, I'm sorry but I will have to be honest and blunt: to be smart enough about anti-terrorism, Goldman is definitely not the one to listen to. :roll:

1. It begins like this: he wrote this column the day just after the attack, and he got the facts about Lahouaiej wrong.

The reason why this man was allowed to reside in France "Why did the French police allow a foreign national with a criminal record of violence to reside in France?" is quite simple: he had a right to, being husband to a French woman.

He did not need any authorization from police in exchange for intelligence work, while his connections to terrorists were totally unknown from authorities, and he seems indeed to have had only recent connections, which probably helped him pass under the radar.

2. Then, Goldman's idea that to stop an ideology aiming to return against their country a part of your people, the best way is to terrorize, out of any legal process, any semblance of justice, and even if perfect bystanders are targeted "Western intelligence services do not even have to deport the right people; the wrong people know who they are, and so do many of their neighbors"... Sorry, but "stupid" is too small a word.

- Has Goldman forgotten that Muslim French are first and foremost French citizens?

- Is he even under the impression that they are just a kept people of non-citizens, in which case I could agree that the kind of policy used by Israel in the Occupied Territories does make rational, if not moral sense?

- Doesn't he know that targeting innocents is 1) injustice 2) a very good way of giving arguments to one's enemy propaganda while this propaganda is precisely the very first danger to be fought?

- Has he forgotten that according to Judaism, non-Jews must respect more lax laws than Jews, however they are obliged to respect the Noahide laws, the seventh of which reads "Establish courts/legal system to ensure obedience to the law"?

- Has he forgotten that the Lord of Israel exerts His justice against the injust and the oppressors?

An anti-Salafist policy - the Islamic State is merely the latest incarnation of the Salafist politico-religious ideology, which previously yielded Al Qaeda - needs to be driven with hardness, thoughtfulness and for the long run.

It needs to be precise. A surgeon's scalpel. Not the refusal to act that is our present government's, and American government's too. Nor a bucher's saw, like Goldman would wield.

And it needs to be legal. Laws may be changed - they will need to be - but due process is essential. A traitor - a French citizen who gives loyalty to the IS is nothing more - may have to be disposed of, he will be disposed of legally. Personnally, I refuse the death penalty and to dispose of somebody, I want to put him in jail for life in isolation, but no matter the penalty, it's the due process which is essential.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Parodite wrote:
YMix wrote:It reveals that – despite claims that he had recently been radicalised into a strict Islamist - he was bisexual, drank alcohol and smoked drugs.
I don't think it is a coincidence, would even call it a trend, that general human tendencies and behaviors can get seriously amplified by meta-physical memes of sorts. Vengeance, fear of women, the desire to dominate, the appeal to authority are all in Islamic culture, Quran included, for grabs to serve the needy... and often mentally instable.
The fear of women and the perception that sex is somehow unclean is hardly unique to Islam.
Celibacy, a form of ignorance, is held to be a virtue in many religions.
Eve, after all, and by extension, womenkind are held to be responsible from the fall from the Garden of Eden.

As is the appeal to authority a.k.a. faith.
Parodite wrote: Neither is it a coincidence and even a trend to totally arbitrarily consider one form if "Islam" worthy of the name and other forms unworthy, unrepresentative of "the real thing".

Meta-physics is by nature vulnerable to ongoing disagreement, interpretation, arbitrary selection of texts 'holy' enough to represent the word of God. There is no one-Islam as such, there just are various cults/cultures where religious memes shape, with other variables, human behavior. I bisexual drunk who considers himself a faithful Muslim is as much a Muslim as one who piously cites Islamic verses in front of a crowd trying to control other peoples minds and feelings, or who merely poetically reflects on magic words found in old Islamic texts and calls him/herself "a Sufi".
I recall reading that the Catholic Church had banned the use of female nicknames at seminaries . . .

Why can't I own a Canadian?
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

To tell things a bit more lightly, and recalling an Internet classic of September 2001 fame, I am definitely with the second of those gentlemen.

We Must Retaliate With Blind Rage vs. We Must Retaliate With Measured, Focused Rage
In this time of national tragedy, many people are letting their anger get the best of them. If I've learned anything in my life, it's that when you're dealing with a crisis, the worst thing you can do is let your emotions run wild. To react rashly will only exacerbate the problem in the long run.

Rather than be blinded by our collective anger, we must keep a cool head and, after careful consideration of the many complex social and geopolitical factors at work here, annihilate the pieces of lavender who did this with measured, focused rage.

(...)

I agree that the perpetrators must be punished severely. But, contrary to what so many knee-jerk, blood-lusting Americans would like to believe, merely capturing and punishing them will not prevent this sort of thing from happening again in the future. No, they must be tried and convicted in a U.S. court of law, so that President Bush can, on live TV, pump bullet after bullet into their bodies, starting with their feet and slowly working his way up. Then, after a great deal of soul-searching and consultation with his top advisors, the president must toss their lifeless, bullet-riddled bodies into a shark tank.
;)
Heracleum Persicum

Re: A scalpel, not a saw

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Alexis wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Condolences to France on this recent attack.
seconded
Thirded.
May thanks, Messieurs :)
Merci beaucoup, Gentlemen.

About Jihadists being queer, straight, poor, rich, observant Muslims, devious Muslims, white, black, man, woman, native Muslims, Muslim by conversion, stupid, smart... Yes! I couldn't agree more.
More important, the facts do agree that they are all these things. And more.

In a word, they are diverse. Any attempt to "explain" them by a single characteristic, except their adhesion to the Salafist politico-religious ideology and project is an illusion.

This may be the right time to comment Spengler's latest on this attack.

I need first to tell that I have sincere respect for David Goldman. Oftentimes I was in disagreement with him, other times he learnt me many a thing or fact.

However, I'm sorry but I will have to be honest and blunt: to be smart enough about anti-terrorism, Goldman is definitely not the one to listen to. :roll:

1. It begins like this: he wrote this column the day just after the attack, and he got the facts about Lahouaiej wrong.

The reason why this man was allowed to reside in France "Why did the French police allow a foreign national with a criminal record of violence to reside in France?" is quite simple: he had a right to, being husband to a French woman.

He did not need any authorization from police in exchange for intelligence work, while his connections to terrorists were totally unknown from authorities, and he seems indeed to have had only recent connections, which probably helped him pass under the radar.

2. Then, Goldman's idea that to stop an ideology aiming to return against their country a part of your people, the best way is to terrorize, out of any legal process, any semblance of justice, and even if perfect bystanders are targeted "Western intelligence services do not even have to deport the right people; the wrong people know who they are, and so do many of their neighbors"... Sorry, but "stupid" is too small a word.

- Has Goldman forgotten that Muslim French are first and foremost French citizens?

- Is he even under the impression that they are just a kept people of non-citizens, in which case I could agree that the kind of policy used by Israel in the Occupied Territories does make rational, if not moral sense?

- Doesn't he know that targeting innocents is 1) injustice 2) a very good way of giving arguments to one's enemy propaganda while this propaganda is precisely the very first danger to be fought?

- Has he forgotten that according to Judaism, non-Jews must respect more lax laws than Jews, however they are obliged to respect the Noahide laws, the seventh of which reads "Establish courts/legal system to ensure obedience to the law"?

- Has he forgotten that the Lord of Israel exerts His justice against the injust and the oppressors?

An anti-Salafist policy - the Islamic State is merely the latest incarnation of the Salafist politico-religious ideology, which previously yielded Al Qaeda - needs to be driven with hardness, thoughtfulness and for the long run.

It needs to be precise. A surgeon's scalpel. Not the refusal to act that is our present government's, and American government's too. Nor a bucher's saw, like Goldman would wield.

And it needs to be legal. Laws may be changed - they will need to be - but due process is essential. A traitor - a French citizen who gives loyalty to the IS is nothing more - may have to be disposed of, he will be disposed of legally. Personnally, I refuse the death penalty and to dispose of somebody, I want to put him in jail for life in isolation, but no matter the penalty, it's the due process which is essential.

Relaaaax , Alexis, Relaaax

David Goldman a typical, what Germans call, Klugscheißer, knows everything

Anybody wanting to know the French situation, should have a look @ Times : Three Reasons

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Typhoon wrote:
Parodite wrote:
The fear of women and the perception that sex is somehow unclean is hardly unique to Islam.
Eve, after all, and by extension, womenkind are held to be responsible from the fall from the Garden of Eden.

Parodite wrote: Neither is it a coincidence and even a trend to totally arbitrarily consider one form if "Islam" worthy of the name and other forms unworthy, unrepresentative of "the real thing".

I recall reading that the Catholic Church had banned the use of female nicknames at seminaries . . .

If your only point is to remind the crowd that Islam is not an isolated case where meta-physics of sorts is able to create a mess and violent mess in many cases, it is a point already well taken and absorbed long long ago, Typhoon. But it is beside the point; Islamic culture is a case in point of those as it has not been drilled by, isn't tweaked and pruned yet by a process of enlightenment, rational thought and modern secularisation as much as others have been already and for that reason deserves to receive same and even more. To just say there are other wells of religious poison in past and present just deviates from the issue and facts at hand re. Islam and how its meta-physics inspires a whole lavender load of present day terrorists.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

The main reason to not take Spengler too seriously is that he drinks from the same poisenous religious well as his Islamic enemies. He is a religious fanatic so expect him to clash with other religious fanatics. That is the Meddle East in a nutshell. Clashing psychotic delusions of divine magnitude.

Oh, I shouldn't say that, religion has nothing to do with anything baaaad. Only when religious fanatics behave nice and respectful towards their fellow human beings it is because of their religion, and Gawd can be thanked for his contribution. The madness is spreading.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Parodite wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Parodite wrote:

If your only point is to remind the crowd that Islam is not an isolated case where meta-physics of sorts is able to create a mess and violent mess in many cases, it is a point already well taken and absorbed long long ago, Typhoon. But it is beside the point; Islamic culture is a case in point of those as it has not been drilled by, isn't tweaked and pruned yet by a process of enlightenment, rational thought and modern secularisation as much as others have been already and for that reason deserves to receive same and even more. To just say there are other wells of religious poison in past and present just deviates from the issue and facts at hand re. Islam and how its meta-physics inspires a whole lavender load of present day terrorists.
The reason that there are CCTVs everywhere in London today and the lack of public refuse bins is due to the N Ireland sectarian problem and the resulting Christmas bombing campaign.
When I told the people of Northern Ireland, during a lecture, that I was an atheist,
a woman in the audience stood up and said,
"Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe"?

~ Quentin Crisp
That being said, there are branches of Islam that cannot deal with modernity and both true believers and opportunists that are trying to use violence and terror to fight it.

Still, if the West was serious about the War on Terror, then it would have long about dealt with Saudi Arabia.
Instead it invaded Iraq [Bush II admin neocons], destabilized the region, and now has to deal with Daesh.

The response to-date has been analogous to declaring war on Argentina after the bombing of Pearl Harbour.
YMix

Post by YMix »

- Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, 31, regularly used dating sites to find lovers
- Man who was described as his 'principal lover' was a 73-year-old pensioner
This guy is full of surprises! :shock:
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

YMix wrote:
- Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, 31, regularly used dating sites to find lovers
- Man who was described as his 'principal lover' was a 73-year-old pensioner
This guy is full of surprises! :shock:
That's not all he was full of . . .
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Typhoon wrote:
Parodite wrote:
The reason that there are CCTVs everywhere in London today and the lack of public refuse bins is due to the N Ireland sectarian problem and the resulting Christmas bombing campaign.
So, when Catholic Priests sexually abuse children and the role of their Church and belief system is questioned... it can be done without blabbing about other child abusers who might be Muslim, Hindu or secular. But when the child abuser is Muslim and the role of Islamic culture and belief system is discussed... you won't tire to remind people that non-Muslims abuse children too. What makes you make that difference?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Parodite wrote:The main reason to not take Spengler too seriously is that he drinks from the same poisenous religious well as his Islamic enemies. He is a religious fanatic so expect him to clash with other religious fanatics. That is the Meddle East in a nutshell. Clashing psychotic delusions of divine magnitude.
Who can the seculars blame the EU on then.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Parodite wrote:The main reason to not take Spengler too seriously is that he drinks from the same poisenous religious well as his Islamic enemies. He is a religious fanatic so expect him to clash with other religious fanatics. That is the Meddle East in a nutshell. Clashing psychotic delusions of divine magnitude.
Who can the seculars blame the EU on then.
Banksters, big corp and career politicians. It's called oligarchy. And on any citizen too lazy to put an effort into understanding the mechanics and implications of this monstrosity. The religious poison well as such, calibratrating people into a psychotic delusional ground state, is not helping at best.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

How are Christians harming Europe.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Mr. Perfect wrote:How are Christians harming Europe.
How are you not reading my post. But now that you ask...a good question. Will think about it.

Did some thinking: Christians tend to be too busy with other concerns. Valuable time lost that could have been spent more wisely.