Conspiracy Theories, Crackpots, and other Looney Tunes

Tea is nought but this: first you heat the water, then you make the tea. Then you drink it properly.
noddy

Re: Astronomy and Space

Post by noddy »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Btw censorship won't suppress any of this. The truth is getting out.
cool.

I think you will find NDGT is an astronomer with a huge ego who gets used as "MEESTER SCIENCE" and is not a subject matter expert on anything much beyond his original field.

I also think you will find that multidimension multiverses and associated string theories are on the popular fringes of theoretical physics and their are many who are skeptical of them due to a lack of concrete evidence.

eg:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trouble_with_Physics

The scenario of many unobserved universes plays the same logical role as the scenario of an intelligent designer. Each provides an untestable hypothesis that, if true, makes something improbable seem quite probable.[5]
ultracrepidarian
Mr. Perfect

Re: Astronomy and Space

Post by Mr. Perfect »

The censorship comment wasn't directed at you. I've had a couple of dozen posts deleted from this thread, including a video I posted earlier today.

It won't matter. The truth is getting out.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Einstein

Post by Mr. Perfect »

There is a lot of material out there that Einstein was a plagiarist.

Anyone have any opinions?
Mr. Perfect

Re: Einstein

Post by Mr. Perfect »

This is a pretty good one.

mOPLA3zabf4
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:This is a pretty good one.

mOPLA3zabf4
Not even wrong.

Yes, the internet is full of halfwits posting nonsense.
If ignorance is bliss, then the author of this video has achieved a state of Nirvana.

Physics is a cumulative endeavour. As Newton noted, ""If I have seen further, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants".

Corpuscular theory of light.
Einstein's contribution was the novel explanation of the photoelectric effect in terms of quanta - photons. Planck has posited quanta to explain black body radiation, however, he perceived them to be a calculation tool rather than real Einstein's work showed that quanta are real. It was for this work that Einstein was awarded the Nobel prize in physics.

Brownian motion.
Yes, the existence of atoms was an issue of great debate in the late 19th and beginning of the 20th century.
In 1827, the British botanist Robert Brown observed that dust particles inside pollen grains floating in water constantly jiggled about for no apparent reason. In 1905, Albert Einstein theorized that this Brownian motion was caused by the water molecules continuously knocking the grains about, and developed a mathematical model to describe it. This model was validated experimentally in 1908 by French physicist Jean Perrin, thus providing additional validation for particle theory (and by extension atomic theory).
To elaborate, Einstein's contribution was that the motion of microscopic particles can be predicted directly from the kinetic model of thermal equilibrium, thereby showing that the 2nd law of thermodynamics was statistical in nature,
as Boltzmann had argued, and thus providing additional evidence for the existence of molecules and atoms. Jean Baptiste Perrin was awarded the Nobel prize in physics for his experiments that tested and confirmed Einstein's prediction.

Special Relativity. E = mc^2

Olinto De Pretto

Both the De Pretto derivation and the speculations of Preston are based on the assumption of the existence of a luminiferous_aether defining a single universal absolute frame of reference.

Lorentz and Poincaré came far closer than either of these two individuals in their attempts to unify Newtonian dynamics and Maxwellian electrodynamics.
However, their work still assumed the existence of the luminferous aether.

The Michelson-Morely experiment was designed to detect the aether.
However, the surprising null result, provided strong evidence against the existence of such a hypothesized aether. Further, more accurate and precise, experiments confirmed this null result. This experimental result meant Lorentz's and Poincare's reasonings were non-starters.

The first insight, unique to Einstein, in his theory of Special Relativity was that all inertial frames of reference are equivalent:
physics experiments give the same results in all such frames.
The second insight was the constancy of the speed of light in all such frames for all observers.
These insights yielded the theory of Special Relativity which unified Newtonian mechanics and Maxwellian electrodynamics, into a single simple conceptual framework, while discarding the requirement of what we now know to be a superfluous aether. This was Einstein's revolutionary achievement.
E = mc^2 may be famous, but it is a footnote.

Well, that's it for the video. It never made it to Einstein's General Theory of Relativity.

Tl;dr: The author of the video is too clueless and, frankly, to dumb to to be able to understand just how clueless he is.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:There is a lot of material out there that Einstein was a plagiarist.

Anyone have any opinions?
Conspiracy theory stuff. Too often motivated by anti-Semitism.

The physics community does not tolerate plagiarists.

Einstein earned his reputation through his work.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Re: Conspiracy Theories and other Looney Tunes

Post by Typhoon »

NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

I'm glad Einstein has been exposed. Any day now, the physicists conspiracy will come tumbling down by the gravity of the situation.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Qposts

I don't know where to begin...

Alas, Mr. Q is hinting at a big drop tomorrow.

When this doesn't pan out, there will be some super duper reasoning or necessary subterfuge to smoke out the real bad guys, 'ya know, keep 'em on their toes; make 'em show their hand.

What's so fascinating is that this is conspiracy theorizing in real time, with dynamic events. Mr.Trump will have to leave office at some point, what happens when everything conjured up doesn't pan out? Does it become a real lost cause/alternative history?

So there is no 9/11 turning into talk about time cubes and aliens and and and....

I guess we've been seeing something similiar with the "false flag" declarations about every incident. These things now form immediately and get to work in real time. Still, those are confined (at first) to single, localized events.

This one has the whole planet fighting a secret world war against a secret cabal of child trafficking, pizza loving satanists. And that's just the main act! But the good guys are winning (apparently) because they are all playing 18 dimensional shuffleboard and somehow advertising their moves is both signaling to us good guys but also deceiving to these bad guys- who seem to fight back but it's too late because this plan has been in the works for decades, if not hundreds of years...and that beats the craftiness and dedication and hundreds of years of planning from the other side, somehow....
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nap,

I clicked on the QPosts link, all I got was:
"There have been no new posts since your last visit"

But I have never visited the site.

What sort of false flag are you waving Bro? :P
noddy

Post by noddy »

its just a harvesting site for the lizard people.

once you have visited they have infected your computer with the scripts and captured your ip and routing information.

nap is but a front for a team of posters operating out of a bunker in belgium.

---

am i doing this rite ?
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:its just a harvesting site for the lizard people.

once you have visited they have infected your computer with the scripts and captured your ip and routing information.

---

am i doing this rite ?
:lol:

Are your sure? My ISP charges me an extra $20 a month that prevents me from accessing Dark Web's home page!

Virtual Terrorism..... now that's a growing job market!

Stage two can be virtual absolution....
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote:its just a harvesting site for the lizard people.

---

am i doing this rite ?
"We're from the EU and we're here to help."
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

About Bourdain and Spade. Why the rich and successful choose suicide.
https://www.neonrevolt.com/2018/06/09/s ... awakening/
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
noddy

Post by noddy »

the QAnon stuff is a hoot, its been fascinating watching it all morph and come together.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:the QAnon stuff is a hoot, its been fascinating watching it all morph and come together.
never heard of it. is it a new video game?
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote:
noddy wrote:the QAnon stuff is a hoot, its been fascinating watching it all morph and come together.
its the conspiracy theory wing of the alt-right trump fan base, loonies and more, its hard to tell whats real and whats lavender posting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/greatawakening/

https://twitter.com/hashtag/qanon
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:
its the conspiracy theory wing of the alt-right trump fan base, loonies and more, its hard to tell whats real and whats lavender posting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/greatawakening/

https://twitter.com/hashtag/qanon
Kinda reminds me of Rachael Maddow's show.

Makes people who claim to have Bigfoot living in their neighborhood appear to be sane.

Creation of cyberspace and the internet was the greatest humanitarian invention of all time. Everyone can be a victim, an oppressor, a savior, a demon, etc. anytime they want. Just a matter of finding the right site with posters who support your preferred confirmation bias.

Equality at last..... but only if one wants to be equal. Want to be superior or inferior instead, no problem! We got your virtual drug right here!

quick question, MOAB? Mother of all Blogs?
Last edited by Simple Minded on Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typhoon

Re: Evolution

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I can only go by what you write. You are sometimes for evolution and sometimes against it, and if so I'm not sure what we are discussing.

Me OTOH am;

1) Pro science: observations and tested ideas, to the point of exhaustion
2) Evolution and big bang are not science for reasons given many times, largely unrebutted.

That is literally my position, and am open to any honest disagreements based on facts, observations and testing.
Off topic, however you've consistently ignored any informed discussion regarding the Big Bang.

What we do know from observation is that the Universe is expanding in all directions from all points in space. Space itself it expanding.

This is in fact predicted by solution of the gravitational classical field equations of general relativity as first discovered by Georges Lemaître and later confirmed observationaly by Edwin Hubble.

Given these observations, the first obvious thing to do is run the clock backwards in time which results in all of space being compressed to a point
and then run the clock forward i.e., the Big Bang.

There are a number of known issues with this simple model, specifically that the observation of the cosmic microwave background is far more uniform that one would expect.

One popular solution that has been proposed is the Inflation Model, a period of rapid inflation in the early universe driven by a hypothesized scalar field, the inflaton.
This model has come under strong criticism recently by some cosmologists including one of the founders, Paul Steinhardt.

IWy8OGztbnE

As an aside, to-date no one has been able develop a quantum field theory of gravitation despite decades of massive [pun intended] effort.

Again, what we do know

1/ The Universe is expanding in all directions from all points in space. Space itself it expanding.

2/ General relativity has passed all tests to date.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: Off topic, however you've consistently ignored any informed discussion regarding the Big Bang.

What we do know from observation is that the Universe is expanding in all directions from all points in space. Space itself it expanding.
No it isn't. I'm observing space right now and it's not expanding. You aren't telling the truth.
This is in fact predicted by solution of the gravitational classical field equations of general relativity as first discovered by Georges Lemaître and later confirmed observationaly by Edwin Hubble.

Given these observations, the first obvious thing to do is run the clock backwards in time which results in all of space being compressed to a point
and then run the clock forward i.e., the Big Bang.
No matter how many times you tell this story it doesn't solve any of the problems with big bang that make it impossible.

Again, what we do know

1/ The Universe is expanding in all directions from all points in space. Space itself it expanding.
We do not know this. I am observing space right now and it isn't expanding.
2/ General relativity has passed all tests to date.
Due to the self correcting nature of your version of science, some future discovery may invalidate it altogether, so I'm not sure why anyone would get emotionally attached to it.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote: Off topic, however you've consistently ignored any informed discussion regarding the Big Bang.

No it isn't. I'm observing space right now and it's not expanding. You aren't telling the truth.
Spoken like a Flat Earther.

There's a bit more to the universe than the dirt in your backyard.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
Again, what we do know

OR maybe we are just receding from all points in space in all directions. Kinda of like going down a cosmic drain. :D
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Again, what we do know

OR maybe we are just receding from all points in space in all directions. Kinda of like going down a cosmic drain. :D
I would express that as being inexorably drawn into a future reality. A developmental process like a seed growing or an egg chickening out. We are being driven down a road and looking out the rear window, assuming we are stable and the world is rushing away from us.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Nonc Hilaire wrote:
Doc wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Again, what we do know

I would express that as being inexorably drawn into a future reality. A developmental process like a seed growing or an egg chickening out. We are being driven down a road and looking out the rear window, assuming we are stable and the world is rushing away from us.
Talk about opening up an academic can of worms.... has anyone graphed the Universe's Poisson's ratio?

If one graphs the distance between two point on a human waist vs. the distance of one point on the top of the head and the other point on the bottom of the feet, the expansion theory goes to hell in a hand basket!

What about the space between one's ears vs. the distance between the upper and lower lip?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

While one's waistline may be expanding, it's not due to the expanding universe.

You don’t expand just because the universe does. Here’s why.