Israel

Heracleum Persicum

Re: Israel

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

How Iran 🇮🇷 is boiling the frog

and

https://www.rt.com/news/595771-irans-pr ... or-israel/

A peculiarity of Tehran’s political culture is the desire for restraint; no matter the situation, retribution doesn’t come immediately.

Ominous statements about imminent retaliation sometimes seem theatrical, especially if the pause is prolonged.

But regional players know that Iran will not stop at words; action of one kind or another is inevitable.

In this case, the act of destroying a diplomatic institution was very demonstrative, so the vengeance should be no less flamboyant.

After all, asymmetry is another of Tehran’s favorite principles.

Israel is frozen .. waiting for another shoe to drop .. Mull*hs will wait

In the meantime :

Iran Smuggles Arms to West Bank, Officials Say, to Foment Unrest With Israel
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/09/worl ... gling.html

https://thecradle.co/articles-id/24358

https://english.aawsat.com/arab-world/4 ... icials-say

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Iran launched a wave of over 300 drones and cruise and ballistic missiles, nearly all of which were shot down before reaching Israeli territory, Israel and the U.S. said.
Impotent mad mullahs.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

It seems to be an appropriate response. Israel did destroy the Iranian embassy in Syria - an independent country - and I dob’t think non-response was a political option.

One of my Israeli contacts is non-plussed. 300 light rockets sent to a relatively vacant area.

My question is: why is Netanyahu not making live public statements? This is a golden opportunity for him, but only a press release from his office?

Bibi may have gone bye-bye.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Iran informed US of "limited" attacks on Israel

This was just a slap .. a warning .. the drones and missiles mostly had no or small explosive head .. intention was not to hit Israel population or military installation .. 2 Military installation were targeted AND hit, 7 rockets hit Ramon air base in Southern Israel (had very small explosive head to cause little damage), and Golan hight Base .. Mull*hs had agreed on this with US and Europe.

72 hours (3 days) ahead of attack, Iran informed US, Europe, all neighbouring countries of the detail of the attack.

Now Israeli public, "electorate" must decide, whether they want more of Natanyahu, or get red of BiBi gang and settle with Palestinians

Faites vos jeux
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:48 pm Iranian attack casualty list:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/young-gir ... condition/
Tragic for the girl and her family.

The Israeli defenses are impressive.
One of my Israeli contacts is non-plussed. 300 light rockets sent to a relatively vacant area.
mad mullahs impotent. A big difference between copying Western technology and being the original inventors.

No accident that while Jews constitute less than 0.2% of the global population, they have been awarded about 25% of Nobel prizes, notably in the sciences.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:12 am Tl;DR - Israel is defenseless.

https://simplicius76.substack.com/p/ira ... t-defenses
His use of the terms "Zionist" and "Anglo-Zionist" [ :?: ] as pejoratives makes it obvious that he's an anti-Semite either engaging in agitprop or a conspiracy theory looney tune.

TL;DR: A wanker.
Heracleum Persicum

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:12 am
Tl;DR - Israel is defenceless.

Very interesting article .. thanks

Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:04 am
Nonc Hilaire wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:12 am
Tl;DR - Israel is defenceless.

His use of the terms "Zionist" and "Anglo-Zionist" [ :?: ] as pejoratives makes it obvious that he's either engaging in agitprop or a conspiracy theory looney tune.

TL;DR: A wanker.

Zionist signed into a "Faustian" deal with Anglos, Well B4 aDolf

Post WW2, teamed up with French and Brits claiming Suez a Franco British territory :lol:

Now that Anglos no more Anglos used 2B, Zionism "experiment" unravelling, didn't last even 100 yrs :)
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/israel/m ... ll-explode

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... r-00152138

“Until now, Iran had never directly targeted Israel from Iranian territory in an overt and attributable fashion,” said Taleblu. “The strike also was the first ballistic missile attack from Iranian territory against a defended target.”
“Iran wanted to break the taboo of targeting Israeli territory,” he said. “After being able to support the October 7 terrorist attack and orchestrate a multi-front proxy campaign against Israel and not have to pay the price, there’s no doubt Tehran was tempted to press its advantage.”
“Iran’s government appears to have concluded that the Damascus strike was a strategic inflection point, where failure to retaliate would carry more downsides than benefits,”
Tehran’s choice of weaponry was cautious. “They could have used a much higher number of projectiles, synchronized drones and missiles in a way that would have swarmed the air defense systems, and could have fired their new hypersonic missiles,” he said. “They clearly wanted something spectacular but not fatal.”
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

No civilian fatalities. Israel has not announced military casualties.

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/ ... tim-negev/

US officials believe that at least nine Iranian ballistic missiles hit Israeli air bases on Sunday, evading air defences

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/202 ... d1bf3a0000

U.S. officials told ABC News and the Wall Street Journal that five ballistic missiles hit the southern Nevatim Air Base, damaging a transport plane, and four hit another base.

Under U.S. pressure, UAE and Saudi Arabia shared Iran's attack plans before strike

5 ballistic missiles hit the southern Nevatim Air Base .. and not much damage

Any single of those ballistic missiles could have destroyed the whole Airbase .. but not much damage

As said this a message to West and Israel .. message being "don't f*ck up with us"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXfsoT-_044&t=33s :lol:

Heracleum Persicum

https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... with-iran/

American Conservative
America and Israeli interests part company at a certain point.
The time is coming.

The last time Pomegranates attacked the Holy Land, they had the Jewish forces on their side. According to Antiochus, the Sasanian capture of Jerusalem resulted in the death of around 60,000 Byzantine Christians.

Nearly 1,400 years later, retaliatory Iranian missiles struck Israel in a conflict where the Pomegranates and Jews are on the opposing sides and the world’s still predominantly Christian hegemon is just on the margins as a helpless bystander.

I guess that is something of an improvement, although not by much.

Israel no more Western vital interest.

Now, Pers*a could become Western Vital Interest :lol:

Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:51 pm .

American Conservative
The time is coming.

The last time Pomegranates attacked the Holy Land, they had the Jewish forces on their side. According to Antiochus, the Sasanian capture of Jerusalem resulted in the death of around 60,000 Byzantine Christians.

Nearly 1,400 years later, retaliatory Iranian missiles struck Israel in a conflict where the Pomegranates and Jews are on the opposing sides and the world’s still predominantly Christian hegemon is just on the margins as a helpless bystander.

We are quickly coming to a time when nothing outside North America and some few other parts of the world are all that matter. The middle east isn't one of those parts.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

PerÇIA.

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:59 pm

American Conservative
The time is coming.

We are quickly coming to a time when nothing outside North America and some few other parts of the world are all that matter. The middle east isn't one of those parts.

YES .. True .. better late than never

It will be good for America and good for middle east .. Western backing for minor players distorted and perverted the progress of all ME.

Now let China and Pers*ans handle things.

Israel now must "rethink" the whole story .. not anymore America or Europe will be guarantor of a "Jewish State" , but Pers*a .. this not the first time .. Golden Age of Israel was when part of Pers*an Empire .. there no reason not again. :)
Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:39 pm

American Conservative
The time is coming.

It will be good for America and good for middle east .. Western backing for minor players distorted and perverted the progress of all ME.

Israel now must "rethink" the whole story .. not anymore America or Europe will be guarantor of a "Jewish State" , but Pers*a .. this not the first time .. Golden Age of Israel was when part of Pers*an Empire .. there no reason not again. :)
CCP controlled China is dead dude. Iran shot off 300 missiles at Israel. 3 of them got through the antimissile defenses. That sounds more like erectile dysfunction than "Handling things"

Seems like Iran needs to give up the cigarettes

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:27 am

American Conservative
The time is coming.

CCP controlled China is dead dude. Iran shot off 300 missiles at Israel. 3 of them got through the antimissile defenses. That sounds more like erectile dysfunction than "Handling things"

Not sure your read The American Conservative linked above, not sure

It is too fluid a situation to comment in detail, but, for what it’s worth, it appears that the Iranians wanted to keep the attack within that goldilocks threshold with ample warnings ahead.

They had backchannels open with the U.S.

They informed Iraq about the flight path and trajectory of their missiles.

The choice of weaponry—no one intent on waging war uses subsonic drones that take hours to reach the airspace of the enemy to start an air attack followed by a few ballistic missiles, thereby letting enemy air defenses go fully activewas another signal that Iranian actions were predicated on reestablishing deterrence, and not escalation.

Would you have been happy if 1000s of civilians had been killed ? ?

Iran conveyed the message without inflicting any casualty, Mull*hs should get a medal for this.

Our beloved Pers*ans value human life - Iranian F-4 loaded with twenty four 500-pound bombs to bomb Iraqi installations came back with ordnance not wanting to inflict civilian casualty.
Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:30 am

American Conservative
The time is coming.

Old habits difficult to get red of :lol:

Iran conveyed the message without inflicting any casualty, Mull*hs should get a medal for this.

Our beloved Pers*ans value human life - Iranian F-4 loaded with twenty four 500-pound bombs to bomb Iraqi installations came back with ordnance not wanting to inflict civilian casualty.
Or maybe they were afraid that Saddam was going to come looking for them after. When it was the US they didn't have any doubt about "after"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUEwGUDwOxk
In 2013, two Iranian Air Force F-4 Phantoms moved to intercept an MQ-1 drone flying in international airspace near the Iranian border. The two IRIAF fighters were quickly shooed away by two F-22 Raptors who were flying in escort.

Except, they didn't just get a warning message, they were Maverick-ed. That's what I'm calling it now.
And they were singing "Bye bye, its American sky. Drove the F4s to the Gulf but we could not score."
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:49 am

American Conservative
The time is coming.

Or maybe they were afraid that Saddam was going to come looking for them after. When it was the US they didn't have any doubt about "after"

In 2013, two Iranian Air Force F-4 Phantoms moved to intercept an MQ-1 drone flying in international airspace near the Iranian border. The two IRIAF fighters were quickly shooed away by two F-22 Raptors who were flying in escort.

Except, they didn't just get a warning message, they were Maverick-ed. That's what I'm calling it now.
And they were singing "Bye bye, its American sky. Drove the F4s to the Gulf but we could not score."

It is too fluid a situation to comment in detail, but, for what it’s worth, it appears that the Iranians wanted to keep the attack within that goldilocks threshold with ample warnings ahead.

The choice of weaponry—no one intent on waging war uses subsonic drones that take hours to reach the airspace of the enemy to start an air attack followed by a few ballistic missiles, thereby letting enemy air defenses go fully activewas another signal that Iranian actions were predicated on reestablishing deterrence, and not escalation.

2013 :lol: .. that was 11 yrs ago .. now Iran not Iran used 2B neither America .. On CNN , Biden said to Natanyahu , America does not want to get involved with Iran .. that closes the Israel Chapter

Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:52 am
Doc wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:49 am

2013 :lol: .. that was 11 yrs ago .. now Iran not Iran used 2B neither America .. On CNN , Biden said to Natanyahu , America does not want to get involved with Iran .. that closes the Israel Chapter

Of course they wanted a goldilocks attack on Israel that caused as little damage as possible They may be crazy but they aren't that crazy. Israel is now the partner of the Arabs. Iran ordered the Oct 7th attack because they wanted to prevent Saudi Arabia from signing the Abraham accords. Now Arab countries are defending Israel from Iranian drones and missiles.

What a disaster What a disaster.
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 am
Of course they wanted a goldilocks attack on Israel that caused as little damage as possible They may be crazy but they aren't that crazy.

Israel is now the partner of the Arabs.

Iran ordered the Oct 7th attack because they wanted to prevent Saudi Arabia from signing the Abraham accords.

Now Arab countries are defending Israel from Iranian drones and missiles.

What a disaster What a disaster.

Israel is now the partner of the Arabs. :lol: :lol:

Shah too was Western partner .. leaving Iran, poor guy was avoided by west as he had leprosy.

Good analysis, reality, bit by bit, taking over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkEQWWaMbGM

Heracleum Persicum

WP
Russian weapons help Iran harden defenses against Israeli airstrike

Among its wares are mobile launchers and other components for antiaircraft batteries — including Russia’s S-400, which military analysts assess to be capable of detecting and destroying stealth fighter jets flown by Israel and the United States.
Some variants of the S-400 are equipped with radars that can defeat stealth technology used by modern warplanes. Russia has deployed the S-400 to protect its military bases in Syria, and the batteries constitute a potentially lethal threat to U.S. and Israeli military aircraft that occasionally operate in Syrian airspace.
It is not known how many of the systems have been provided and deployed, but Russian technology could turn Iran into a far more formidable adversary, with an enhanced ability to shoot down planes and missiles, the officials and experts said.
“It’s no longer the patron-client dynamic, where Russia holds all the leverage,” said Hanna Notte, director of the Eurasia Nonproliferation Program at the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies. “The Iranians are accruing benefits from this change. The nature of their relationship has gone beyond just getting things. There’s knowledge transfer, there’s intangible gains.”

Interesting WP article

and

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/adam-z ... -and-china

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/ ... hu-critics

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

The appropriate response to Iran's (failed) ejaculations is anyone's guess, but of course Israel not showing its cards is the right thing to do. It leaves all options open and your enemies in anxious anticipation.

Is anyone in need of de-escalation?

Since all people directly involved and those allied with Israel or the Palestinians supporting them with money, weapons and humanitarian aid are responsible for the escalations that occured the last 50+ years, none of them seem to be the first place you want to go for good advice how to de-escalate.

To de-escalate one just has to not do what any of them did so far or claims is the best way forward.

Since nobody (of importance) seriously claims that annexing Gaza and Westbank is good for de-escalation, it probably is the best idea. The perfect and appropriate response to the delusional activities of the Mad mad mullahs of Iran.
Deep down I'm very superficial