OTNOT discovers Spengler

This too shall pass.
planctom

OTNOT discovers Spengler

Post by planctom »

I don´t know why, but it seems that this forum is obsessed with herr Spengler.
there are many writers/pundits/politicians/intelectual who have similar opinions regarding culture,politics, religion and are never questioned by forum members.
It seems like a nerve was struck.
IMHO,it`s a waste of time.
Yes,I like his essays but it doesn´t mean that I agree with him a 100% of time. Oh, I love his irony, too.
Hoosiernorm

Re: OTNOT discovers Spengler

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Well we had this teeny problem with a poster threatening to turn Col. Sun in to the authorities due to a photo he posted on the Beautiful women thread on Spengler's forum. The mods freaked out and edited about everything to protect everyone because they were fearful for themselves and for Spengler and for Col. Sun oddly enough. By completely removing Col. Sun's threads it pretty much obliterated about a years worth of posting and was basically submitting to fear. Col. Sun didn't post anything indecent and was made a focus of mistrust within the forum, probably because he ain't Hebrew. It was a tragedy of errors to say the least, but neither side has been able to talk to the other or forgive the other. Col Sun was accused of something he didn't do and Spengler was blamed for allowing it to happen. When the FT forum opened there really wasn't a lot of room for non religious points of view and Tinker's forum was a really good place for everything non forum related to exist while he built his readership at FT. Since that went into the crapper he popped up at PJ Media and is still courting the same audience that would probably not get a lot of the history at Atol and would probably be scared off most certainly. Everyone is welcome to their opinion but Dave makes his living writing and doesn't need the hassle of scaring off his livelyhood. If you want to compete against Dave then submit your writing history to another blog and give an honest criticism of what you consider to be incorrect about his body of work. We can trash Dave here cause Dave ain't getting paid here and doesn't own this forum, but to level personal criticism on another forum will most likely result in a ban. If I were to attack either Col. Sun or another poster on a personal level I would probably be banned for at least a period of time. If Col Sun made his living here and I was criticizing his work then I should probably expect the same.
Been busy doing stuff
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Old Grand Dad Spengler.......

Post by monster_gardener »

planctom wrote:I don´t know why, but it seems that this forum is obsessed with herr Spengler.
there are many writers/pundits/politicians/intelectual who have similar opinions regarding culture,politics, religion and are never questioned by forum members.
Yes,I like his essays but it doesn´t mean that I agree with him a 100% of time. Oh, I love his irony, too.
Thank you Very Much for your post, Planctom.

Clever title ;) ......... quite true.

IMVHO it's natural........ David Goldman Spengler is effectively the "Grandfather" of the Forum....

We sometimes/often disagree with Ole' Grand Dad but.... he was essential ;) for many of us to be here ;)

For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

This forum exists because a number of people were banned from the various forums Spengler "presided" over. The slight majority of people here originally turned up on Spengler forums to critique his worldview, the others to defend it.

I don't think there is anyone active on this forum who didn't arrive by way of one of Spengler's temporary roosts.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Hoosiernorm wrote:Well we had this teeny problem with a poster threatening to turn Col. Sun in to the authorities due to a photo he posted on the Beautiful women thread on Spengler's forum. The mods freaked out and edited about everything to protect everyone because they were fearful for themselves and for Spengler and for Col. Sun oddly enough. By completely removing Col. Sun's threads it pretty much obliterated about a years worth of posting and was basically submitting to fear. Col. Sun didn't post anything indecent and was made a focus of mistrust within the forum, probably because he ain't Hebrew. It was a tragedy of errors to say the least, but neither side has been able to talk to the other or forgive the other. Col Sun was accused of something he didn't do and Spengler was blamed for allowing it to happen. When the FT forum opened there really wasn't a lot of room for non religious points of view and Tinker's forum was a really good place for everything non forum related to exist while he built his readership at FT. Since that went into the crapper he popped up at PJ Media and is still courting the same audience that would probably not get a lot of the history at Atol and would probably be scared off most certainly. Everyone is welcome to their opinion but Dave makes his living writing and doesn't need the hassle of scaring off his livelyhood. If you want to compete against Dave then submit your writing history to another blog and give an honest criticism of what you consider to be incorrect about his body of work. We can trash Dave here cause Dave ain't getting paid here and doesn't own this forum, but to level personal criticism on another forum will most likely result in a ban. If I were to attack either Col. Sun or another poster on a personal level I would probably be banned for at least a period of time. If Col Sun made his living here and I was criticizing his work then I should probably expect the same.
Well presented.

My impression was the Spenglerman had already made his money in the financial world.

Hard to imagine that ATOL or FT would have paid his bills.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

planctom wrote:.

Hmmmm

interesting

planctom,

Would you be so kind, and tell us those few views, expressed in Dave's articles, that you not entirely agree

Iranian Woman all prostitute article ?

Suffi all homosexuals ?

Muslim woman having less children because Islam not compatible with modernity ? ?

maybe better

planctom

please tell us

which of David writings you like and agree

well

Azari is one of those who was banned by David, first in ATOL and later in FT

I personally find most of David's writings as pure rubbish .. Schlüsselloch-writing

David is a Zionist, on an anti Middle Eastern crusade, shoe shining America for services rendered for Zionist entity Israel .. once this understood, the rest becomes clear

Hoosiernorm wrote:.

Well we had this teeny problem with a poster threatening to turn Col. Sun in to the authorities due to a photo he posted on the Beautiful women thread on Spengler's forum. The mods freaked out and edited about everything to protect everyone because they were fearful for themselves and for Spengler and for Col. Sun oddly enough. By completely removing Col. Sun's threads it pretty much obliterated about a years worth of posting and was basically submitting to fear. Col. Sun didn't post anything indecent and was made a focus of mistrust within the forum, probably because he ain't Hebrew. It was a tragedy of errors to say the least, but neither side has been able to talk to the other or forgive the other. Col Sun was accused of something he didn't do and Spengler was blamed for allowing it to happen. When the FT forum opened there really wasn't a lot of room for non religious points of view and Tinker's forum was a really good place for everything non forum related to exist while he built his readership at FT. Since that went into the crapper he popped up at PJ Media and is still courting the same audience that would probably not get a lot of the history at Atol and would probably be scared off most certainly. Everyone is welcome to their opinion but Dave makes his living writing and doesn't need the hassle of scaring off his livelyhood. If you want to compete against Dave then submit your writing history to another blog and give an honest criticism of what you consider to be incorrect about his body of work. We can trash Dave here cause Dave ain't getting paid here and doesn't own this forum, but to level personal criticism on another forum will most likely result in a ban. If I were to attack either Col. Sun or another poster on a personal level I would probably be banned for at least a period of time. If Col Sun made his living here and I was criticizing his work then I should probably expect the same.

As all thread of that episode, C.S clash with David, was deleted, I was not aware of all of that

but

Hoosier

I wonder why you not mention Azari ordeal @ ATOL&FT ? ?

yes, true, Azari an Iranian (not the most loved people at the present, but coming soon to that :lol:)

and

Azari a Muslim

and

Azari no dummy, any lavender (tabled by David) would be countered by Azari with a (more to the fact) bigger lavender

and

Azari, Iranians, thanks to the Ayatollahs, is , Vogelfrei

. . meaning of the term referred to independence, being "free as a bird" . .

History and etymology

Originally, the word Vogelfrei merely meant "as free as a bird, not bound." That is the usage in older sources. Even Luther and Zwingli used the word still in its original meaning.

so , planctom , Azari being Vogelfrei, can say all the truth without caring 2B politically correct or being afraid of Zionist Mafia

and

Azari did say all the truth

no, Hoosier

posters here not here because of C.S/David clash

posters here, as far as Azai goes, because here a unbiased, neutral, truthful, fora

C.S & Thinker kept it that way .. TOR was pushed to sideline Azari on his site (by Zionist interest, I liked Samson), but he himself a nice guy

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

wull........ he's like England, and here is America...... :roll: .......

now you can say he is the bitchin' queen mother and maybe, you got something there..........
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
YMix

Post by YMix »

Well we had this teeny problem with a poster threatening to turn Col. Sun in to the authorities due to a photo he posted on the Beautiful women thread on Spengler's forum.
More or less. The threat and the resulting scandal was simply the climax of a frustrating period. By that time, I was quite dissatisfied with Spengman's forum and glad to leave it.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
monster_gardener

Queen Mum has Toast with Ole' Grand Dad

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote:
wull........ he's like England, and here is America...... :roll: .......

now you can say he is the bitchin' queen mother and maybe, you got something there..........
Thank You VERY Much for your post, LzzrdGrrl.

Quite Right.

I had the same thought (England) but went with the Grand Dad meme.
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Typhoon wrote: Well presented.

My impression was the Spenglerman had already made his money in the financial world.

Well he needs the PJ media gig to further his writing career. You can't get the next job if you don't have the current job. It's not really about the money as much as it is the ability to further climb the greasy pole of public relevance.
Been busy doing stuff
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Hoosiernorm wrote:

Well he needs the PJ media gig to further his writing career. You can't get the next job if you don't have the current job. It's not really about the money as much as it is the ability to further climb the greasy pole of public relevance.
Well, that's a bit different and makes him fair game.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Typhoon wrote:
Hoosiernorm wrote:

Depends on what you mean by fair game? Is he open to criticism, yes. Is he open to pot shots, he is here. Do you think he will accept pot shots on his forum, probably not. Do you think PJ media would ban posters who openly mock or dispute it's writers, almost certainly.
Been busy doing stuff
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

David Goldman is extremely intelligent, extremely well-educated, and, most of the time, very well-mannered. Beyond those gratuities of genetics and breeding, Goldman's great strength is his recognition of the moral impetus behind history.

Goldman's great weakness, of which his Zionism is a product, is his need to explain Judaism despite Christianity.
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Milo

Post by Milo »

Marcus wrote:David Goldman is extremely intelligent, extremely well-educated, and, most of the time, very well-mannered. Beyond those gratuities of genetics and breeding, Goldman's great strength is his recognition of the moral impetus behind history.

Goldman's great weakness, of which his Zionism is a product, is his need to explain Judaism despite Christianity.
I would add, his need to pander to the Republican rubes, especially as elections draw nigh. It's not really his points that annoy me at those times, but the obvious hackery that he needs to use to jam them in to his writing.
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

And even so, I'm convinced that he manages to annoy more than half his readership there, which is why I predicted some time ago that this latest gig won't last.
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

He's definitely not comfortable there yet, not one single really fucked up joke yet. He use to really loosen up at Atol and would make fun of all sorts of news of the day articles and videos. He hasn't said one think over at PJ that would be considered edgy. I guess that he is simply adding content and biding his time. He still writes good stuff, but he can't be himself there. I miss the shock value of his humor, the man can turn a phrase for certain.
Been busy doing stuff
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

It suits him better than FT, though. You can't make the kind of jokes Goldman makes in a church (or probably even in a synagogue).
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Apollonius wrote:It suits him better than FT, though. You can't make the kind of jokes Goldman makes in a church (or probably even in a synagogue).
My goodness you really don't go to either do you. They tell jokes all of the time in both places. Humor is usually but not on an every Sunday/Saturday basis an opportunity for a joke but most sermons do include humor. We joke about ourselves, we joke about our faith. I remember my Pastor Manfreid's 20 yr anniversary as an ordained minister. He had fellow ministers come and speak on his behalf and it was more like a roast than some solemn event. Why do you think I take the criticism of religion as well as I do, it doesn't look anything like what folks think it does. I've never been to or seen anything like the strawman churches most of the non religious posters claim to bear witness against. It's really a great source of entertainment for me to watch people criticize what doesn't exist for the most part. They show some nutbag and then tell me that's what religion is, god I laugh until it hurts.
Been busy doing stuff
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Typhoon wrote:
Hoosiernorm wrote:

Precisely Goldman is trying to climb the op-ed ladder and become a respected "public intellectual." The extremism and bizarreness of some of his views will prevent this.

He has repeatedly stated that he doesn't write for the money, and it is reasonable to believe this claim since his work in banking was certain to be more lucrative.

He is certainly "fair game" in any case.
anderson

Post by anderson »

Ibrahim wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Hoosiernorm wrote:

Precisely Goldman is trying to climb the op-ed ladder and become a respected "public intellectual." The extremism and bizarreness of some of his views will prevent this.

He has repeatedly stated that he doesn't write for the money, and it is reasonable to believe this claim since his work in banking was certain to be more lucrative.

I mean, let's be honest here. He's an impotent war porn addict.
He aspires to the respect of enough of the "right kind of people" in high positions of political power to be able to lobby for the murder of as many brown people as possible. He gets his jollies on bloodshed, plain and simple, and he sees the role of public intellectual as one route to fulfilling his fetish.
monster_gardener

Faith Hope and Hilarity...........

Hoosiernorm wrote:
Apollonius wrote:It suits him better than FT, though. You can't make the kind of jokes Goldman makes in a church (or probably even in a synagogue).
My goodness you really don't go to either do you. They tell jokes all of the time in both places. Humor is usually but not on an every Sunday/Saturday basis an opportunity for a joke but most sermons do include humor. We joke about ourselves, we joke about our faith. I remember my Pastor Manfreid's 20 yr anniversary as an ordained minister. He had fellow ministers come and speak on his behalf and it was more like a roast than some solemn event. Why do you think I take the criticism of religion as well as I do, it doesn't look anything like what folks think it does. I've never been to or seen anything like the strawman churches most of the non religious posters claim to bear witness against. It's really a great source of entertainment for me to watch people criticize what doesn't exist for the most part. They show some nutbag and then tell me that's what religion is, god I laugh until it hurts.
Thank You VERY Much for your Post, HoosierNorm.
We joke about ourselves
Quite right.

Remembering the time a minister friend of mine put a cartoon in the church bulletin of an entire church congregation sleeping in the pews except for 2 men who had apparently just walked in. The caption had one saying to the other "This was do by a Pro!" :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A Book you might enjoy....... by Dick Van Dyke......

http://www.amazon.com/Faith-Hope-Hilari ... 0385000510

Lot of funny anecdotes about some of the misconceptions children get.........

Versions of the Hail Mary: Hilly Mary, Full of Grass/Grapes.......... :o

The Laundry Hymn/Song....... "We shall come rejoicing Bringing in the Sheets" ;)

Kids getting confused about the difference between Wise Men & Wise Guys :lol: bringing "Frankenstein" :lol: to Baby Jesus.. :shock:

"Frankenstein" would have made a pretty good bodyguard!
Fun to imagine the 3 Wise Guys 8-) :lol: making Herod an offer he can't refuse: ;)
"Lean on Baby Jesus or his family, friends and playmates and Franky leans on you, Herry Boy! ;) :twisted: :lol: 8-)
Last edited by monster_gardener on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

anderson wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Hoosiernorm wrote:

He aspires to the respect of enough of the "right kind of people" in high positions of political power to be able to lobby for the murder of as many brown people as possible. He gets his jollies on bloodshed, plain and simple, and he sees the role of public intellectual as one route to fulfilling his fetish.
It worked for Hitchens.

Goldman's problem is that he's a low-rent version of everyone else. If you want highbrow there are legit scholars writing on all of these subjects, if you want inside dope there are foreign correspondents living in places Spengler couldn't find on a map, if you want hardcore "let's shoot 70 kids" Muslim-hate there are much more extreme pseudo-intellectuals you can follow, and if you want uber-Zionism there are right-wing Israeli newspapers with columnists who make Spengler sound like Woody Allen. He's got no niche except the harping on about demographics thing, and Steyn already does that and sells more books (or "books").
monster_gardener

Does Goldman Shop or Sell at Walmart......

Ibrahim wrote:
anderson wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Typhoon wrote:
Hoosiernorm wrote:

It worked for Hitchens.

Goldman's problem is that he's a low-rent version of everyone else. If you want highbrow there are legit scholars writing on all of these subjects, if you want inside dope there are foreign correspondents living in places Spengler couldn't find on a map, if you want hardcore "let's shoot 70 kids" Muslim-hate there are much more extreme pseudo-intellectuals you can follow, and if you want uber-Zionism there are right-wing Israeli newspapers with columnists who make Spengler sound like Woody Allen. He's got no niche except the harping on about demographics thing, and Steyn already does that and sells more books (or "books").

Thank you Very Much for your Post, Ibrahim......
It worked for Hitchens.
IMVHO Hitchens was our era's Drunken Diogenes ;) :lol: 8-) .......

Goldman's problem is that he's a low-rent version of everyone else.
A lot of uz shop at Walmart and Wikipedia........ :lol:

Perhaps on some topics but not on others..... IIRC Typhoon has respect for him on High Financial topics........
He's got no niche except the harping on about demographics thing,
That's a fairly important niche........ Previously, I mostly heard fears of over population Paul Ehrlich propaganda.......

It was such a trope that when someone like Phillip Dick wrote the "Game Players of Titan" which featured demographic decline, you noticed it........
Last edited by monster_gardener on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcus

Re: Does Goldman Shop or Sell at Walmart......

Post by Marcus »

monster_gardener wrote:Thank you Very Much for your Post, Ibrahim......
It worked for Hitchens.

Perhaps on some topics but not on others..... IIRC Typhoon has respect for him on High Financial topics........

That's a fairly important niche........ Previously, I mostly heard fears of over population Paul Ehrlich propaganda.......

It was such a trope that when someone like Phillip Dick wrote the "Game Players of Titan" which feature demographic decline, you noticed it........

Well said!
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
monster_gardener

Re: Does Goldman Shop or Sell at Walmart......

Marcus wrote:
monster_gardener wrote:Thank you Very Much for your Post, Ibrahim......
It worked for Hitchens.

It was such a trope that when someone like Phillip Dick wrote the "Game Players of Titan" which featured demographic decline, you noticed it........

Well said!
Thank You VERY MUCH for the Kind Words, Marcus.

Your Friend,
Monster_Gardener