Knesset member tears up New Testament

Ibrahim

Knesset member tears up New Testament

Post by Ibrahim »

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali ... s-it-trash
Israeli lawmaker tears up "abominable" New Testament, throws it in trash
Submitted by Ali Abunimah on Tue, 07/17/2012 - 14:26

A member of the Israeli parliament has torn up a copy of the New Testament and thrown it in the trash.

An edition of the Bible had been distributed to all members of the Knesset by Victor Kalish, the head of a Christian publishing society.

According to Israel’s NRG news website, Kalish sent the book along with a letter explaining that it was a new edition with thousands of references, “that sheds light on the [Old Testament] Scriptures and helps to understand them and also shows the close connection between the Scriptures and the New Testament and how many of their prophecies are fulfilled in the New Testament.”

Ben-Ari, however termed the book a “provocation,” tore it up and threw it in the trash, an act that was apparently caught on camera.

“This abominable book [the New Testament] brought about the murder of millions of Jews in the Inquisition and autos da fé,” Ben-Ari was quoted as saying, “This is a provocation by church missionaries and there is no doubt that this book and those who sent it belong in the garbage can of history.”

Ben-Ari is also notorious for his role in inciting hatred against Africans, declaring at a rally against African migrants in Tel Aviv last year that, “We have come to expunge the darkness.”

"Bibi" needs to try and keep these backbenchers under control.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Ben Ari Needs to read Exodus or his Days may be Numbered.

Post by monster_gardener »

Ibrahim wrote:http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali ... s-it-trash

A member of the Israeli parliament has torn up a copy of the New Testament and thrown it in the trash.

An edition of the Bible had been distributed to all members of the Knesset by Victor Kalish, the head of a Christian publishing society.

According to Israel’s NRG news website, Kalish sent the book along with a letter explaining that it was a new edition with thousands of references, “that sheds light on the [Old Testament] Scriptures and helps to understand them and also shows the close connection between the Scriptures and the New Testament and how many of their prophecies are fulfilled in the New Testament.”

Ben-Ari, however termed the book a “provocation,” tore it up and threw it in the trash, an act that was apparently caught on camera.

“This abominable book [the New Testament] brought about the murder of millions of Jews in the Inquisition and autos da fé,” Ben-Ari was quoted as saying, “This is a provocation by church missionaries and there is no doubt that this book and those who sent it belong in the garbage can of history.”

Ben-Ari is also notorious for his role in inciting hatred against Africans, declaring at a rally against African migrants in Tel Aviv last year that, “We have come to expunge the darkness.”

Thank You Very Much for your Post, Ibrahim.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_ben_ari

Quite Right..........

Not a smart move ...... especially when beyond the usual evangelical (Bless them that bless you) Uz support for Israel which has helped it to survive..........

Some Uz :wink: Christians are willing to do a Mad Boy ;) Job ;) like breeding the Red Heifer* so that the Third Temple can be rebuilt where the Dome of Omar is :shock:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_heifer
G_d expressed His view on racism when he struck Miriam with leprosy for hassling her little brother Moses about marrying a black woman..........

http://niv.scripturetext.com/numbers/12.htm

Exodus 22:21 probably also applies......

http://bible.cc/exodus/22-21.htm

If the Africans in question are not Jews already, Ben Ari might do better to take a line from Eddie Cantor..........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sammy_Davi ... to_Judaism

* Not me though........ Woe to they who long for the Day of the Lord........ For the Day of the Lord is Darkness, Not Light....... :o
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Holy Holey Wholey Reminds of Florida Preacher burned a Koran

Post by monster_gardener »

Ibrahim wrote:http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali ... s-it-trash

Thank You Again for your post, Ibrahim.

Wonder if Ben-Ari knows or cares that he is acting a bit like that Florida preacher who burned a Koran.......... Probably NOT........ ;)

Even if you don't like a Holey ;) Book oops I mean "Holy" book...... Best not to make holes ;) in it such that you make its adherents Wholey :wink: annoyed with you......... and maybe want to make holes ;) in you..........
Last edited by monster_gardener on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Hoosiernorm

Re: Knesset member tears up New Testament

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Meh... The New Testament isn't considered a sacred book. It was written by men about the ministry of the son of God who was both human and divine. Jesus never told them to write any of what was going on down and didn't edit it. We have so many different Churches that emphasis what is important and what isn't important that they literally take entire sections out or ignore them or read them with different emphasis. I think that if you asked a Catholic they would tell you it's OK because they only threw away the Protestant parts. A protestant would say that it was a Catholic bible so it's really not a big deal. The LDS church would tell us that they didn't throw away a LDS bible because it's true and the fact that they threw away a non LDS bible it's proof that they are the chosen people of god.
Been busy doing stuff
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Hoosiernorm wrote:.

Meh... The New Testament isn't considered a sacred book. It was written by men about the ministry of the son of God who was both human and divine. Jesus never told them to write any of what was going on down and didn't edit it. We have so many different Churches that emphasis what is important and what isn't important that they literally take entire sections out or ignore them or read them with different emphasis. I think that if you asked a Catholic they would tell you it's OK because they only threw away the Protestant parts. A protestant would say that it was a Catholic bible so it's really not a big deal. The LDS church would tell us that they didn't throw away a LDS bible because it's true and the fact that they threw away a non LDS bible it's proof that they are the chosen people of god.

makes sense

and

rather a positive phenomena

paragraphs edited and omitted from time to time according, changing community standards,
cultural and civilization changes

Am sure new edition of "New Testament" will praise being GAY and introduce gay marriage, and, perhaps even confirm some of those apostle being AC/DC :lol: :lol:

come on, Hoosie , come on

Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

AzariLoveIran wrote:

makes sense

and

paragraphs edited and omitted from time to time according, changing community standards,

Am sure new edition of "New Testament" will praise being GAY and introduce gay marriage, and, perhaps even confirm some of those apostle being AC/DC :lol: :lol:

Too late the christian left already did it.
Been busy doing stuff
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

Hoosiernorm wrote:
AzariLoveIran wrote:

makes sense

and

Too late the christian left already did it.

whaaaat ? ? Hoosie

you saying latest edition of "New Testament" incorporates all those goodies ? ? ?

Ratzinger walks so funny, I should have known.

Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

AzariLoveIran wrote:
whaaaat ? ? Hoosie

you saying latest edition of "New Testament" incorporates all those goodies ? ? ?

The Vatican is not the new left church. The Unitarian Church down the road from my Church always has something about either Transsexualism or Bisexuality or Gay Marriage up on the mezzanine out front. The parking lot is usually empty on Sunday, think I saw a few cars there once. They have a walking trail that is basically a place for folks with non traditional tastes to go meet each other. They consider the meeting place an extension of their ministry.

There are a lot of Christian writers who are constantly writing articles on the subject and some who write nothing but gay rights pieces. Every now and then something will make it to the local newspaper as a column and I call to cancel my subscription for a few months (I don't want to pay to read that crap).
Been busy doing stuff
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

AzariLoveIran wrote:
whaaaat ? ? Hoosie

The Vatican is not the new left church. The Unitarian Church down the road from my Church always has something about either Transsexualism or Bisexuality or Gay Marriage up on the mezzanine out front. The parking lot is usually empty on Sunday, think I saw a few cars there once. They have a walking trail that is basically a place for folks with non traditional tastes to go meet each other. They consider the meeting place an extension of their ministry.

There are a lot of Christian writers who are constantly writing articles on the subject and some who write nothing but gay rights pieces. Every now and then something will make it to the local newspaper as a column and I call to cancel my subscription for a few months (I don't want to pay to read that crap).

Hmmm

interesting

seems things more "rainbow" than I could imagine

why "real Christians" do not revolt and make their own Church, the old fashion one

Catholic church this, Unitarian Church that, Mormon this, Jehovah's Witness that, Scientologist this, intelligent design that and and and ..come a time the whole thing resembles a zooo rather than a spiritual religion :D

that thing diluted to the max .. too many ifs and but(t)s

why, you guys who believe in that stuff, don't revert to that original .. Zoroastrianism

just a suggestion :lol:

Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

I forget what year it was but in America there were a bunch of conferences that led to the major divisions within American Christianity. The New Christians who were basically wanting to make the church more modern and more of a social institution. The fundamentalists decided to stake their claim on a more traditional understanding of the world and of the bible. Even major divisions such as the Lutheran Church divided largely by what was being taught at the major seminaries. If your minister went to Concordia University you are more than likely Missouri Synod (Gay Haters), if they went to Lutheran Seminary in St. Paul you are more likely ELCA (Commie Norwegian) Lutherans. Most religious institutions are basically an extension of an educational tradition in the USofA.
The Pentecostal churches are probably the only neighborhood movement churches left and it's really rare to meet a Pentecostal minister that wasn't either self taught or taught by a family member on what and how to be a preacher. When half of them get mad at the other half they just usually rent a building for a couple of years until they can get financed and purchase another building. There was a group of them at a place I worked at that simply put a tent up on a members farm and had services right there in a field.
Been busy doing stuff
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Hoosiernorm wrote:Meh... The New Testament isn't considered a sacred book. It was written by men about the ministry of the son of God who was both human and divine. Jesus never told them to write any of what was going on down and didn't edit it. We have so many different Churches that emphasis what is important and what isn't important that they literally take entire sections out or ignore them or read them with different emphasis. I think that if you asked a Catholic they would tell you it's OK because they only threw away the Protestant parts. A protestant would say that it was a Catholic bible so it's really not a big deal. The LDS church would tell us that they didn't throw away a LDS bible because it's true and the fact that they threw away a non LDS bible it's proof that they are the chosen people of god.
You're missing the point. The issue is that the most bellicose parties in the Knesset are spitting in the face of the U.S. Christians whose support allows Israel to exist at all. The question is how much damage these extremist parties will do to Israel long-term, not what this or that Christian sect thinks about tearing up the New Testament and saying it "belongs in the garbage can of history."

The Unitarian Church down the road from my Church always has something about either Transsexualism or Bisexuality or Gay Marriage up on the mezzanine out front.
NOOOOOO!
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Ibrahim wrote:
Hoosiernorm wrote:Meh... The New Testament isn't considered a sacred book. It was written by men about the ministry of the son of God who was both human and divine. Jesus never told them to write any of what was going on down and didn't edit it. We have so many different Churches that emphasis what is important and what isn't important that they literally take entire sections out or ignore them or read them with different emphasis. I think that if you asked a Catholic they would tell you it's OK because they only threw away the Protestant parts. A protestant would say that it was a Catholic bible so it's really not a big deal. The LDS church would tell us that they didn't throw away a LDS bible because it's true and the fact that they threw away a non LDS bible it's proof that they are the chosen people of god.
You're missing the point. The issue is that the most bellicose parties in the Knesset are spitting in the face of the U.S. Christians whose support allows Israel to exist at all. The question is how much damage these extremist parties will do to Israel long-term, not what this or that Christian sect thinks about tearing up the New Testament and saying it "belongs in the garbage can of history."

The Unitarian Church down the road from my Church always has something about either Transsexualism or Bisexuality or Gay Marriage up on the mezzanine out front.
NOOOOOO!
We are talking about a member of a very far right (from Kach and Kahane Chai) political party. Everyone in Israel and everyone in the US know what kind of man he is. The bomb thrower has a big mouth and not much political support. If he became more that a nuisance he would be assassinated by his fellow countrymen.
Been busy doing stuff
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Hoosiernorm wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:

NOOOOOO!
We are talking about a member of a very far right (from Kach and Kahane Chai) political party. Everyone in Israel and everyone in the US know what kind of man he is. The bomb thrower has a big mouth and not much political support. If he became more that a nuisance he would be assassinated by his fellow countrymen.
Netanyahu relies on people like this to form and support his government, and they see enough in common with him to support his administration. That is not as marginal and marginalized as you portray it.

Furthermore, I don't think "everyone" in the US knows about this kind of thing at all. If more Americans knew what extremist parties in Israel were saying about them, or the way the settlers behave on a daily basis, the popular support for Israel in the US would be much lower. Israelis, however, are well aware of all of this, which is why fellow Israelis are the best source of detailed reportage on people like Ben-Ari or the Settlers, and the best check on their excesses.
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Ibrahim wrote:
Netanyahu relies on people like this to form and support his government, and they see enough in common with him to support his administration. That is not as marginal and marginalized as you portray it.

Furthermore, I don't think "everyone" in the US knows about this kind of thing at all. If more Americans knew what extremist parties in Israel were saying about them, or the way the settlers behave on a daily basis, the popular support for Israel in the US would be much lower. Israelis, however, are well aware of all of this, which is why fellow Israelis are the best source of detailed reportage on people like Ben-Ari or the Settlers, and the best check on their excesses.

Oh He Has a Nut in his Coalition!

He must be a Nut Too!

I bet they are all Nuts!

I read a story about settlers on Stormfront, It must be True!!

That about it?
Been busy doing stuff
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Hoosiernorm wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:

Oh He Has a Nut in his Coalition!

He must be a Nut Too!

I bet they are all Nuts!

I read a story about settlers on Stormfront, It must be True!!

That about it?

Am I supposed to take this dishonest filth seriously? Why are you introducing Stormfront except to imply that I'm an anti-Semite for pointing out news stories about Ben-Ari or Settlers that appeared in the mainstream Israeli media? Pathetic.

The fact is you don't know what you're talking about, but you know which side you've taking and you will say anything to justify that uninformed decision.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Well....... did he drop a lavender on it? If he didn't, we don't have a story.........
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........