Syria

Carbizene

Re: The Syria Thread

Post by Carbizene »

Ibrahim wrote:
Carbizene wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:Anyway I've stated my support for the opposition forces in Syria from the outset. I guess you're back the Assad camp?
Abramites can kill each other as much they like. I know they are happy about it because they get to their Heaven sooner so everyones a winner.
So you just favor more killing generally, and don't care which side wins as long as more Syrians die. Ok, I think your opinions can safely be dismissed from this point on.
I don't favor killing, I favor people being happy and for Abramites death is the gateway to true happiness so I wish Abramites all the best in attaining happiness.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Yeah, that must be why all those Syrian "Abramites" are fleeing to refugee camps on the Turkish border.

But whatever, it's all the same to you.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

From what I've read of the Syrian conflict it is along Sectarian lines, please provide links that suggest otherwise.

The way to win guns from the West is to downplay ones Sectarian position and play up one's Freedom..call me cynical.

Don't understand why you use quotations around Abramites, it is a accepted term for those who follow Abraham.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Carbizene wrote:From what I've read of the Syrian conflict it is along Sectarian lines, please provide links that suggest otherwise.
Well, here are the leaders of the SNC, who have been recognized as the legitimate representatives of the Syrian people and uprising. Not exactly a gang of imams. Not that it would matter if they were.
Burhan Ghalioun (Arabic: برهان غليون) (born 11 February 1945), is a Syrian political scientist and a professor of political sociology at the Université de Paris III Sorbonne University in Paris,[1] and the chairman of the Syrian opposition Transitional National Council. He was named chairman on 29 August 2011.[2] He is the author of numerous books, dealing which sociological and political issues of the Islamic world,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burhan_Ghalioun
Haitham al-Maleh (Arabic: هيثم المالح‎, born 1931) is a leading Syrian human rights activist and former judge. He is an outspoken critic of the current Syrian regime under Bashar al-Assad and has been imprisoned by the Syrian government as a political prisoner on several occasions since the 1960s.[1] Maleh has become an important opposition figure in the 2011 Syrian uprising.[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haitham_al-Maleh

Anyway that's not what you were talking about. You said you were happy so many people were dying. "Everyone's a winner," you claimed. At first ignorant, and now indifferent, to the fact that thousands upon thousands of Syrians are fleeing the conflict to avoid being murdered. But genuflect all those people anyway, they are brown and you had a rough time as a teen. What's are massacred Arabs compared to your personal grudge?
Carbizene wrote:Abramites [sic] can kill each other as much they like. I know they are happy about it because they get to their Heaven sooner so everyones a winner.

The way to win guns from the West is to downplay ones Sectarian position and play up one's Freedom..call me cynical.
I don't think you're cynical. I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about.

Don't understand why you use quotations around Abramites, it is a accepted term for those who follow Abraham.
No, it isn't.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Stairway to Heaven.........

Post by monster_gardener »

Carbizene wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
Carbizene wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:Anyway I've stated my support for the opposition forces in Syria from the outset. I guess you're back the Assad camp?
Abramites can kill each other as much they like. I know they are happy about it because they get to their Heaven sooner so everyones a winner.
So you just favor more killing generally, and don't care which side wins as long as more Syrians die. Ok, I think your opinions can safely be dismissed from this point on.
I don't favor killing, I favor people being happy and for Abramites death is the gateway to true happiness so I wish Abramites all the best in attaining happiness.
Thank you Very Much for your post, Carbizene.

Humor break.......

Your comment reminds me of a joke........

An evangelist was preaching a sermon to some vagrants at a skid row mission.
He spoke of the fires of Hell and the wonders of Heaven.
At the end of the sermon, he called out "Everyone here who wants to go to Heaven, STAND Up!
Everyone stood up except for one drunk in the back.........
The evangelist cried out: "You Sir! Don't you want to go to Heaven when you die?
The drunk replied: "When I die, sure. I just thought you were getting a group together to go right now! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

w9TGj2jrJk8

Alternate Stairway........

BcL---4xQYA

Actually I would like to see US/uz and the rest of the world buy Stairways to Heaven.........

May need Orion to help build it...............
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Ibrahim wrote:
Well, here are the leaders of the SNC, who have been recognized as the legitimate representatives of the Syrian people and uprising. Not exactly a gang of imams. Not that it would matter if they were.
Some other leaders, legitimacy is subjective:
Moreover, al Qaeda head Ayman al-Zawahiri recently called for jihad in Syria and al Qaeda (Iraq) fighters apparently have begun to arrive in Syria. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper blamed the latter for recent suicide bombings in the cities of Aleppo and Damascus.
I guess you would have the UZ provide a no fly zone so that al-Zawahiri can move on in, now that would be hilarious.
Anyway that's not what you were talking about. You said you were happy so many people were dying. "Everyone's a winner," you claimed. At first ignorant, and now indifferent, to the fact that thousands upon thousands of Syrians are fleeing the conflict to avoid being murdered. But genuflect all those people anyway, they are brown and you had a rough time as a teen. What's are massacred Arabs compared to your personal grudge?
It's got nothing to do with being brown or being Arabs, it's to do with being followers of Abraham, if people believe in a place called Heaven and they die then by definition they are better off.
Carbizene

Re: Stairway to Heaven.........

Post by Carbizene »

monster_gardener wrote: Humor break.......

Your comment reminds me of a joke........

An evangelist was preaching a sermon to some vagrants at a skid row mission.
He spoke of the fires of Hell and the wonders of Heaven.
At the end of the sermon, he called out "Everyone here who wants to go to Heaven, STAND Up!
Everyone stood up except for one drunk in the back.........
The evangelist cried out: "You Sir! Don't you want to go to Heaven when you die?
The drunk replied: "When I die, sure. I just thought you were getting a group together to go right now! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks MG, droll :)
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Al Jazeera: Was Syria divided along sectarian lines before protests began?

Nir Rosen: Syrians, like most people in the Middle East, are influenced by sectarianism. These forms of prejudice, however, are not unique to the Arab world. Across the region, sectarian tensions have increased since the 2003 invasion of Iraq and the conflict it set off between the Sunni and Shia there.

In my journeys in Syria, members of Sunni communities have told me they came to resent Alawites - a heterodox sect which practices elements of Shia Islam - after the rise of the Alawite Assad dynasty. Some of this was due to prejudice against Alawites and some due to urban prejudice against those from rural backgrounds.

Many among the Sunni in Syria also believe that Alawites are disproportionately represented in the security forces, as well as in various government positions, especially the most sensitive ones.

Likewise, many Alawites fear being marginalised - or worse - by the country's Sunni majority.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/featur ... 93720.html

So we see evidence of the success of Bush's Crusade in destroying another competing Sect.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Carbizene wrote: legitimacy is subjective:
Moreover, al Qaeda head Ayman al-Zawahiri recently called for jihad in Syria and al Qaeda (Iraq) fighters apparently have begun to arrive in Syria. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper blamed the latter for recent suicide bombings in the cities of Aleppo and Damascus.
I guess you would have the UZ provide a no fly zone so that al-Zawahiri can move on in, now that would be hilarious.

What's hilarious is people barking like trained seals whenever some bearded terrorist issues a statement. "Oh, Zawahiri said something? Better let Assad murder all the civilians he wants, just to be safe." This kind of cowardice is what allows Western militaries to murder Muslim civilians daily for ten years and counting. Just to be on the safe side, you know.

It's got nothing to do with being brown or being Arabs, it's to do with being followers of Abraham, if people believe in a place called Heaven and they die then by definition they are better off.
Then why are they fleeing to refugee camps for protection from Assad's forces? Not that some bitter child's online justification for why Syrians are better off dead isn't compelling. The Internet really puts you in touch with all the anonymous bloodthirsty hatemongers you wouldn't meet otherwise.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Ibrahim wrote:

What's hilarious is people barking like trained seals whenever some bearded terrorist issues a statement. "Oh, Zawahiri said something? Better let Assad murder all the civilians he wants, just to be safe." This kind of cowardice is what allows Western militaries to murder Muslim civilians daily for ten years and counting. Just to be on the safe side, you know.
yeah yeah, bearded men have no influence.

As for Western Sect militaries murdering members of another Sect it's been going on longer than 10 years Sunshine, think Lawrence of Arabia.

Then why are they fleeing to refugee camps for protection from Assad's forces? Not that some bitter child's online justification for why Syrians are better off dead isn't compelling. The Internet really puts you in touch with all the anonymous bloodthirsty hatemongers you wouldn't meet otherwise.
Hey I didn't come up with the idea of Heaven, too bad you are offended when I express it's logical conclusion.

If you are concerned about my anonymity, my name is James Crabb, I live in Adelaide, Australia.
Last edited by Carbizene on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Carbizene wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:

yeah yeah, bearded men have no influence.

As for Western Sect militaries murdering members of another Sect it's been going on longer than 10 years Sunshine, think Lawrence of Arabia.
I think we've established your credentials:

1) bad childhood

2) watches movies

Hey I didn't come up with the idea of Heaven, sorry you are offended when I express it's logical conclusion.
You've shown a startling lack of logic and general education in all of these threads. Not to mention morality. But like I said, I've seen plenty of online brats wishing death on strangers. It's more pathetic than offensive.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Ibrahim wrote:
I think we've established your credentials:

1) bad childhood

2) watches movies
err...sooo.. you don't think Western Sect militaries have been engaging in Sectarian violence in the Middle East for longer than 10 years?

You've shown a startling lack of logic and general education in all of these threads. Not to mention morality. But like I said, I've seen plenty of online brats wishing death on strangers. It's more pathetic than offensive.
err..soo.. Heaven is not better than this existence?
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Carbizene wrote:err...sooo.. you don't think Western Sect militaries have been engaging in Sectarian violence in the Middle East for longer than 10 years?
Ever think of using accepted terms instead of your made-up ones?

Anyway you cited Lawrence of Arabia and Lord of War and your troubled youth as supporting evidence for your theories, not me.

Then why are they fleeing to refugee camps for protection from Assad's forces?
err..soo.. Heaven is not better than this existence?
This remains your flimsy pretext for supporting the murder of Syrian civilians.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Having difficulties giving specific answers are we?
AzariLoveIran

Post by AzariLoveIran »

uTuZeHYABaY
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Carbizene wrote:Having difficulties giving specific answers are we?
You ducked my question several times. You merely reply with made up terms and amateur theology.

Ibrahim wrote:Then why are they fleeing to refugee camps for protection from Assad's forces?
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Syria is amazing because it has lasted long enough to allow the rest of the world watch the regional powers function and how they play spoiler by inciting local fault lines to gain access and control over neighboring internal affairs. Looks like the PKK is taking about as much bait as anyone will even offer to be able to have a chance at a homeland. Pretty genuflecting sick lavender man.
Been busy doing stuff
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Westerners love Kurds, but I promise you this: if the Kurds ever form their own homeland (forget the problems with doing that in the first place) they will elect an Islamist government that will freak Americans and Israelis right out.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Kurds Can Be Cheesy or Worse. Good Fences Make Good Neighbor

Post by monster_gardener »

Ibrahim wrote:Westerners love Kurds, but I promise you this: if the Kurds ever form their own homeland (forget the problems with doing that in the first place) they will elect an Islamist government that will freak Americans and Israelis right out.
Thank you Very Much for your post, Ibrahim.....

IMVHO you are probably correct...... AIUI the Kurds are quite into things like FGM........

To give the Kurds their due, Saladin was a Kurd and AIUI Iraqi Kurdistan is prosperous and a good place to be.......IF you are a Kurd......

OTOH the Kurds were the Turk's tools in the Armenian Holocaust and AIUI they are NOT that nice to to Iraqi Christians and other minority groups....

Don't wish them or the Turks ill though..... Would encourage almost all Kurds in Syria and Kurds in Turkey who are discontent to move to Iraqi Kurdistan...

Good fences make Good neighbors...... They're Fantasticks :wink:

If the Northern Hemisphere doesn't go down, maybe the Kurds can some day have their whey :wink: with some of the green cheese :lol: of the moon or better yet a hollow world or orbital which all the mutually hostile memes of the world need :idea:
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

AzariLoveIran wrote:uTuZeHYABaY
Galloway is one of the few people on the World politics forum who has a brain capable of nuance.
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Ibrahim wrote:
You ducked my question several times. You merely reply with made up terms and amateur theology.
My theological education began at age 7 and continued through to age 17, I have read and studied the Quran, Thorah and Bible thus my insight is hardly amateur, more the case you just don't like my conclusions, which is your perogative.

Ibrahim wrote:Then why are they fleeing to refugee camps for protection from Assad's forces?
The information virus embedded in Abrahamic practice protects the host at certain times and sacrifices it other times.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Carbizene wrote:
Ibrahim wrote:
My theological education began at age 7 and continued through to age 17, I have read and studied the Quran, Thorah and Bible thus my insight is hardly amateur, more the case you just don't like my conclusions, which is your perogative.
Rather, I just doubt your claims here.

The information virus embedded in Abrahamic practice protects the host at certain times and sacrifices it other times.
This statement is meaningless. First you said you hope as many of these people die as possible, then you state that by their own lights they are better off dead. You haven't accounted for their efforts to avoid death at all. Really I think it all ends where it started. You just personally wish them dead because of your own illness. You don't really have any justification for it.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Ibrahim wrote:Westerners love Kurds, but I promise you this: if the Kurds ever form their own homeland (forget the problems with doing that in the first place) they will elect an Islamist government that will freak Americans and Israelis right out.
Yup. :)

That is if there is any such thing as an Islamist.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Well Ibs, looks like innocent people are in trouble!

Better strap on a rifle and head over there and straighten it out!

Let us know how it goes. :)
Censorship isn't necessary
Carbizene

Post by Carbizene »

Ibrahim wrote:

This statement is meaningless. First you said you hope as many of these people die as possible, then you state that by their own lights they are better off dead. You haven't accounted for their efforts to avoid death at all. Really I think it all ends where it started. You just personally wish them dead because of your own illness. You don't really have any justification for it.
I've only ever maintained that I wish people the greatest happiness in life, in whatever format or form that may entail.

As for efforts to avoid death I have accounted for that in that if all hosts of the virus were to die the virus would die off therefore some hosts must stay alive.