Sloppy Steve Bannon Arrested

NapLajoieonSteroids

Sloppy Steve Bannon Arrested

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Spengler: I Worked With Steve Bannon. I Don't Want to Believe the Wire Fraud Charges
Former White House adviser Steve Bannon was arrested for alleged fraud in connection with a border wall-building campaign. The estimable Andrew McCarthy reviews the indictment in National Review and comments, “The wire-fraud and money-laundering charges were a long time coming, and the postal inspectors appear to have meticulously traced the proceeds through numerous bank accounts, real-estate parcels, and at least one vehicle. These are itemized in the indictment’s forfeiture allegations, which are in addition to the significant imprisonment and staggering fines that could result in the event of convictions.”
I was saddened to read this morning that Bannon had been arrested with three other men by the U.S. Department of Justice for allegedly “defrauding hundreds of thousands of donors in connection with an online crowdfunding campaign known as ‘We Build the Wall’ that raised more than $25 million.” When “Shoeless” Joe Jackson pleaded out to cheating in the 1919 World Series, Charley Owens of the Chicago Daily News told him, “Say it ain’t so, Joe.” I want to ask Steve the same question. I’ll withhold judgment until he has had a chance to give his side of the story.

Bannon has been a friend for years. We both worked for Ted Cruz early in the 2016 presidential campaign, although Steve soon shifted to Trump with some deep-pocketed donors in tow. I interviewed him in these pages last June. In April 2019 I stood next to him at the inaugural public meeting of the Committee on the Present Danger-China, which I joined (and quit in protest after a month). In the audience was fugitive Chinese financier Guo Wengui (a/k/a “Miles Kwok”), a shadowy figure who, it later emerged, paid Bannon $1 million a year.
More at the link...

=========

Sounds pretty cut and dry in layman's sources. Bannon, after making bail, said something to the effect of it being a frame up.

I don't know about that-- by the indictment, sounds like the other partner really went all in with the scheming. More interesting, and ol'Spengler brings it up, is the relation with the Chinese dude-- whose yacht Bannon was on when he was arrested.

---------------

All this yacht talk makes me think what dodgy Chinese billionaire do I have to meet to get myself a nice yacht and park it on the Long Island Sound. :D
Simple Minded

Re: Sloppy Steve Bannon Arrested

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:59 am

All this yacht talk makes me think what dodgy Chinese billionaire do I have to meet to get myself a nice yacht and park it on the Long Island Sound. :D

If you had had the foresight to shack up with Ghislaine Maxwell, you'd have a kickass mansion all to yourself. IOW, you'd be home free.!
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Re: Sloppy Steve Bannon Arrested

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

If you want to see the nature of the opposition, see what they do when they have a legitimate and justifiable case. Is there possibility for redemption?...... forgiveness?? Can one expect a fate similar to a water buffalo falling into a river of piranhas? You can witness by the assault whether it's the person held at fault or an entire body of thought. An ideology......

Every warrior carries his or her own spear, but a fallen comrade-at-arms doesn't preclude the entire campaign.....'>......
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........