Plutocracy

Typhoon

Re: Plutocracy

Post by Typhoon »

Jacobin Mag | The Biden Era Is Witnessing a Return of the Military-Industrial Complex
One of the top national security think tanks backing the Biden administration, the Center for a New American Security, has been taking money from every major defense contractor while pumping out a steady stream of research supporting those companies’ interests. It’s yet another sign that Biden’s promised “return to normal” has, unfortunately, arrived.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Commentary | The Know-Nothing Elite

You would have to be an inattentive person never to have noticed the incongruity between the well-informed but fatuous opinions of your forward-thinking peers on the one hand, and the simple but wise judgments of your parents or grandparents on the other. Everybody knows educated people who nonetheless hold idiotic views on important questions, and everybody knows ill-educated and uncultured people who are nonetheless able to see through the haze of smart verbiage and specious arguments and grasp realities that smarter people miss
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Colonel Sun wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:19 am Commentary | The Know-Nothing Elite

You would have to be an inattentive person never to have noticed the incongruity between the well-informed but fatuous opinions of your forward-thinking peers on the one hand, and the simple but wise judgments of your parents or grandparents on the other. Everybody knows educated people who nonetheless hold idiotic views on important questions, and everybody knows ill-educated and uncultured people who are nonetheless able to see through the haze of smart verbiage and specious arguments and grasp realities that smarter people miss
There is nothing more dangerous than people, that think they are so much smarter than they actually are, gaining power.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Thanks for posting CS. Education truly is a waste of time for some people.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Colonel Sun wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:41 pm
Zack Morris wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:51 am
Colonel Sun wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:09 am
Zack Morris wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:24 pm tl;dr: the new American elite is founded on shared beliefs, not blood and local corruption. For reasons unclear, this is not an improvement. The article wistfully recounts an era where Anglo Saxon heritage was necessary to ascend to elite status and asserts without evidence that there were substantial differences of regional culture (there were not). It concludes that today, having the wrong regional accent is a barrier, blissfully ignoring the prevalence of the mid-Atlantic accent in 20th century recorded media and Anglo Saxon animus toward pidgin dialects and ethnic accents.
Corruption is the lifeblood of the contemporary US managerial elite.

Nomenklatura, American Style.
The managerial elite are less corrupt now than at any time in US history. Any examples?
Oh, my. Where does one begin?

Biden's dissolute offspring acting as bag man in the Ukraine and PR China. The suppression of this by the US mainstream and social media.
Biden’s son is not part of the “managerial elite” and provided nothing of value to either Ukraine or China. At best he ran a nice scam trading on his name and failing to deliver. Nothing illegal. It’s not like he received desperately needed financing to prop up a failing commercial venture in exchange for policy deliverables like a certain presidential son-in-law.
Repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933 under Clinton.
Oh, so repealing a law is corrupt? Not a peep about Reagan-era or Trump-era deregulation without the oversight or consent of elected representatives?
The LTCM bailout and the start of the "heads I win, tails you lose" Fed put under Greenspan.
This is ancient history at this point but you’re misrepresenting what happened. LTCM’s partners were wiped out and the fund was effectively placed into private conservatorship to avoid a wider collapse of the financial market. This wasn’t a case of the government seizing a profitable enterprise and distributing it as patronage for the managerial elite.
The perma-wars in the Middle East. Invasion of Iraq, destabilization of Libya and Syria leading to the rise of ISIS.
Trillion of US$ mis-spent. Hundreds of thousands of lives lost across all involved. What to show for it? Bupkes.
These are primarily the doing of the conservative political elite (Wolfowitz, Cheney, Kristol, and the gang — remember them?). The majority of America’s managerial elite wanted nothing to do with this and spent the 90’s and 2000’s pursuing opportunities in China, not the Middle East.
The mortgage fraud causing the financial crisis of 2008 and the multi-trillion dollar bailouts of the perpetrators.
This could be a fair example of corruption.
The inflation in the cost of college and uni education and the student-loan scam.
Debatable whether this is corruption or simply market forces at work.
The exorbitant cost of US healthcare.
Fair. We can blame the insurance industry, the AMA, and an unholy alliance with the GOP for this.
The export of US industrial - manufacturing capability overseas leading to the rise of the 1st major competitor to the US - PR China.
A competitor that is completely hostile to Western Enlightenment values.
Now we’re getting somewhere. But last I checked, this is a global issue. Japanese and European companies have been engaging in vigorous off-shoring as well. It’s almost as if it is capitalism itself that requires this behavior...
Private equity loading viable US corporations with debt while asset-stripping.
Private equity works entirely through transparent market mechanisms. I fail to see how wealthy investors buying failing companies qualifies as “managerial elite corruption”.
Public corporation management share buybacks to boost share prices so as to exercise stock options rather than investing in the company.
Not corruption. US companies have done far better at investing in themselves than their OECD counterparts, which is why the future continues to be built here.
The lobbyist and dark money control of the US Congress.

And so on.
This is probably the best example of US corruption you’ve come up with. Shame that you’ve become a cheerleader for the political faction most responsible for it.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Dunning-Kruger weaponised....'>......

And actually, I disagree with this citation a bit, Dunning-Kruger becomes a menace in people with some degree of intelligence and competence and I would say the danger point occurs on the near right-hand side of the bell curve, say about the 110 IQ mark, because now you're smart enough to do some real damage. People of much lower intelligence tend to know that and if they don't, they are too incompetent to be much of a danger anyways.....'>.......

She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Doc

Post by Doc »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:31 am

And actually, I disagree with this citation a bit, Dunning-Kruger becomes a menace in people with some degree of intelligence and competence and I would say the danger point occurs on the near right-hand side of the bell curve, say about the 110 IQ mark, because now you're smart enough to do some real damage. People of much lower intelligence tend to know that and if they don't, they are too incompetent to be much of a danger anyways.....'>.......

Truth story:

I went into a store that sold Apple computers back in the 1990's. When I went to check out the latest ma I found out that it was pass word protected. .I asked a salesman if I could get passed the logon. He said "We don't want people using the machines on their own because they might mess them up" I told him it was OK because I was an apple hard ware developer(third party ). He responded "Now I am really worried." I noticed his name tag said "Dave" After I was done for some reason the default sound was something like:

https://youtu.be/ARJ8cAGm6JE?t=60
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:31 am

Indeed. Articulate and intelligent yet incompetent altruists who would like to construct a utopia as they see it are far more dangerous to the general well being. Exhibit A today is the "Davos Man".

As for the Dunning-Kruger effect: The Dunning-Kruger Effect Is Probably Not Real
The darling of those who wish to explain why incompetent people don’t know they’re unskilled, the Dunning-Kruger effect may actually just be a data artefact.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Colonel Sun wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:51 am Global in theme.

WEF - World Economic Forum | Lockdowns are quietly improving cities around the world.

[archived]

Has been taken down.
Why are people ignoring the positive aspects of COVID-19?

"People are the cause of every single problem on Earth! COVID kills people! COVID is the solution to all of humanities problems!"

FOLLOW THE SCIENCE!!!!!
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

PROD-MaguireDavrosJPG.jpg
PROD-MaguireDavrosJPG.jpg (62.69 KiB) Viewed 634 times
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Quite.
154702625_3750500835068304_5041661208182119347_n.jpg
154702625_3750500835068304_5041661208182119347_n.jpg (75.89 KiB) Viewed 632 times
Doc

Post by Doc »

It is no longer possible to uninstall Microsoft Edge. I did that a few weeks ago because I found it broadcast my real name, email address and whether or not I have a valid Credit Card. This morning I found Microsoft edge was re-installed on Feb 27th. I tried to uninstall it but as I stated above it can no longer be uninstalled.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mic ... 1850a9c5b4

WiIfred P

Independent Advisor

Hi Amanda,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you.

If you are referring to the new version Microsoft Edge, you may still try to remove it if the update is not yet permanent. Kindly follow the steps below.

1. Click on the Start button and click on Settings (gear icon above the power button).
2. Click on Apps and click on Apps & Features.
3. Navigate on the App list until you see Microsoft Edge.
4. If the Uninstall button is available, you can still uninstall it. But if it's already greyed out, it means that the update is permanent and can no longer be uninstalled.

But if you are referring to the legacy version of Edge, you won't be able to remove it since that is the built-in browser of Microsoft Windows 10. Can you please show me what happened to your Google Chrome browser so I can help you out with it.

I hope that you can reply back as quickly as possible so I can help you out further. Have a nice day.

Thanks,
Wilfred P.
Independent Adviso
I Deleted all the Edge related programs I could find. I;'ll post back here if there are any problems.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:31 pm It is no longer possible to uninstall Microsoft Edge. I did that a few weeks ago because I found it broadcast my real name, email address and whether or not I have a valid Credit Card. This morning I found Microsoft edge was re-installed on Feb 27th. I tried to uninstall it but as I stated above it can no longer be uninstalled.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mic ... 1850a9c5b4

WiIfred P

Independent Advisor

Hi Amanda,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you.

If you are referring to the new version Microsoft Edge, you may still try to remove it if the update is not yet permanent. Kindly follow the steps below.

1. Click on the Start button and click on Settings (gear icon above the power button).
2. Click on Apps and click on Apps & Features.
3. Navigate on the App list until you see Microsoft Edge.
4. If the Uninstall button is available, you can still uninstall it. But if it's already greyed out, it means that the update is permanent and can no longer be uninstalled.

But if you are referring to the legacy version of Edge, you won't be able to remove it since that is the built-in browser of Microsoft Windows 10. Can you please show me what happened to your Google Chrome browser so I can help you out with it.

I hope that you can reply back as quickly as possible so I can help you out further. Have a nice day.

Thanks,
Wilfred P.
Independent Adviso
I Deleted all the Edge related programs I could find. I;'ll post back here if there are any problems.
Results:

Microsoft Edge is now showing as being installed on 1/13/2020. Which is what I uninstalled previously. The difference is that it won't allow me to uninstall it either.

Time to look into LInux
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

From what I see, you may not uninstall Edge, but you can choose not to use it and install another browser instead:
Edge is far from the only app that cannot be uninstalled – as Ed Bott points out, across Windows, Mac and Android there are plenty of apps that you can't just get rid of. But then again, you don't have to use them, and in many cases you can easily download alternatives.
https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft ... e-browser/

How to remove Microsoft Edge (sort of)

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/microsof ... workaround
Doc

Post by Doc »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:19 pm From what I see, you may not uninstall Edge, but you can choose not to use it and install another browser instead:
Edge is far from the only app that cannot be uninstalled – as Ed Bott points out, across Windows, Mac and Android there are plenty of apps that you can't just get rid of. But then again, you don't have to use them, and in many cases you can easily download alternatives.
https://www.zdnet.com/article/microsoft ... e-browser/

How to remove Microsoft Edge (sort of)

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/microsof ... workaround
The problem is that Edge is apparently running in the back ground. Whether you use it or not. At the link I posted people are saying the Chrome (for example) causes Edge to open and chrome to close. That would not happen if Edge was not running in the back ground.
How can I uninstall Microsoft Edge?

How can I uninstall Microsoft Edge?

I have Windows 10 and generally use another browser (Google Chrome). Every time I try to install Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Bing quickly show up. Now my toolbar looks and functions like Microsoft Edge. Google Chrome Browser attempts to open up then, quickly closes and crashes. This problem seems to be bleeding over to other devices as well. I do use Microsoft Office Home 2016. I'm not ready for 365 yet.
I have been having other security related issues in the same time period that I am trying to resolve this.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Doc

Post by Doc »

Good idea. I mostly have dumped Chrome already. I just use it for Google on one machine.
noddy

Post by noddy »

you cant remove the builtin web browser from windows because its a core component that many other apps are built off - html rendering is a common way of building gui tools now.

its not the problem anyway, Cortana is the unremovable nightmare that constantly scans all your activities on all apps and sends the goodies back to base.

all for the non feature of being able to talk to your computer, which nobody does, yet is forced on us for some reason.

if you want a linux thats as easy to use as windows, I highly recommend linuxmint, its like going back to windows 7, stable and simple.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:25 am you cant remove the builtin web browser from windows because its a core component that many other apps are built off - html rendering is a common way of building gui tools now.

its not the problem anyway, Cortana is the unremovable nightmare that constantly scans all your activities on all apps and sends the goodies back to base.

all for the non feature of being able to talk to your computer, which nobody does, yet is forced on us for some reason.

if you want a linux thats as easy to use as windows, I highly recommend linuxmint, its like going back to windows 7, stable and simple.
Thanks for posting this. I'm gonna give it some thought for my next computer. I miss Windows XP. The Mac universe is a bit disappointing to me. I think my mind is more geared towards "filing cabinets."
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The Spectator | HR-1 must be stopped
This Democratic ‘reform’ will undermine democracy far more than anything Donald Trump has done
What's so complicated about showing up at a polling booth, presenting an ID to confirm that one is a citizen, and filling out a paper ballot?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Colonel Sun wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:43 pm The Spectator | HR-1 must be stopped
This Democratic ‘reform’ will undermine democracy far more than anything Donald Trump has done
What's so complicated about showing up at a polling booth, presenting an ID to confirm that one is a citizen, and filling out a paper ballot?
That would make it too hard for "Russian Bots" to vote
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

You don't have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind is blowing.

~ As espoused by the Weather Underground
City J | The Miseducation of America’s Elites

This stuff reminds me of the never ending pointless intrigues and empty rites at the end of imperial dynasties.

Various intellectual from the chattering classes have been fond of predicting the demise of the US for as long as I can remember.
I used to scoff at their predictions, which invariably failed. To paraphrase Spenglerman, "it's not the end of the USA, it's just the end of you".
Now I'm not so certain.

KNQRqJitqNI
noddy

Post by noddy »

Plutocracy is a sympton not a cause in my perspective.

middle class people are toxic , sheltered, self serving and self worshipping folk who think its obvious society should be a solved problem and they are the solution.

they go the right school, they make the right friends, they get the right job and societies resources are meant for them.

anything else is anti intellectual, and populist, we are so perfect the main problems are that some people dont have more than 1 gender, philistines!

this is the natural order of things, all societies end up this way, some folks just got funny ideas that the new world would stay new forever.
ultracrepidarian