Ukraine

NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: Ukraine

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Laughing mad mullahs is becoming an epitaph in my head like "swift-footed Achillies".
noddy

Post by noddy »

Turkey is unreliable, India is unreliable and Brazil is unreliable.

China will be mostly reliable, you can rely on them to do nothing but look after China.

Iran and Russia, how did they laff.
ultracrepidarian
Parodite

Capture and hospitality [Re: Tribal Dave & Ukraine]

Post by Parodite »

noddy wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:40 am Over the years I think his main issue is what all (most?) essay folks suffer from, which is audience capture.

you end up with a demographic that follows and pays for your work - the eyeball counts and engagement rate from them are tied to certain topics, with certain points of view attached to them.

he is jammed in character now, the scripts come pre written.

EUROPE IS DOOMED and MURICA IS FOLLOWING THEM.

... if only the arabs and asians were actually competent, or less dooomed.
I always found the idea of memes interesting and fun. To capture or be captured, there is something fundamental about the copy-paste process in nature. In more chaotic times, when unpredictable change is or feels imminent, near-perfect copies can be quite captivating and sell well in the market place. From the meme's perspective, Spengli would just be a logistical hub to further spread into the environment.

One of the meme's greatest achievements is make the host believe his thoughts are his own, whereas it is just the meme doing the talking and making you do the walking.

A fun theory that people who hear voices in their heads believing they come from outside actors... might in fact... be correct. The meme, now aware of the fact it got caught red handedly and identified as the burglar it is... can get really angry and paranoid; a "symptom" schizophrenics often suffer from. It is not uncommon when a meme is exposed and on the verge of being replaced by a competitor, all hell breaks loose. Making the host believe s/he is crazy is one of its favorites...or just telling them to go f themselves or others.

Hearing only one voice is usually considered healthy and normal and called thinking. As an exercise, you can treat your own thinking as a chatty guest. Free speech for the memes! :P

Spengler seems to have only one meme guest, who claims the entire hotel for himself.
Deep down I'm very superficial
noddy

Post by noddy »

hopefully after giving it a name, and an outlet, his family doesnt have to listen to too much of it at home :)
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Journalists deal in templates. [really don't think he's written in the form enough to be considered an essayist]

There is only so much plasticity to that, and that's before we account that he's a 70+ year old man whose life was shaped long, long ago now.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Is Europe even relevant to the US anymore?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W46LBppG0dI

W46LBppG0dI
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Doc wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:42 am Is Europe even relevant to the US anymore?

True .. Europe no more relevant to the US

That is why Europe should join Russia China Iran axel .. that's where Europe's interest lies

European prosperity comes from Export .. US is broke, no "Real" money to pay for imports .. sooner rather than later that US National Dept Will lead to world refusing accepting $$$$
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

US-EU trade is massive, alive and kicking. As for US and/or EU being severely downgraded because trade patterns change remains to be seen. Many predicted the demise of the us dollar but strangely enough it didn't happen yet. It is a wet dream for many no doubt.

As for Ukraine: in general it is a good thing when people don't fight for others they don't give an F about.

There are many nativist-isolationist "US Patriots" like Tuckly Carlson, RFK Kenney Jr, Tulsi Gabbard...et-al...who not only reject needless wars (duh…who doesn't) and point to the military industrial complex that doesn't mind needless wars that much because it makes them good money; we all know that stark warning of Eisenhower. And of couuuurse EU members should pay-up to the NATO alliance.

All fair enough and legit considerations. What I find appalling to the point of extremely disgusting about these people however... is that in none of their deliberations they seem to care about the civilian victims of this war. Of course what to do / not-do is not simple at all. But a subconscious trade-off seems to be occurring: 1st they blame the US for instigating the Ukraine war, then they blame NATO for not keeping their promises to Putin.. all of which is added to the delusional score-board where everything good-or-bad that happens in the world, is caused by Almighty USA. A grotesque overestimation of ones power and importance.

When Mighty Mericans deserve all the fame and blame for anything anywhere anyways... they also have the right to stop caring for anybody anywhere when it suits.

From where I come and came, every story begins and ends with individual human beings. The fortunes, misfortunes, heaven and hell we can all go through in life. Free markets, trade, education, human rights, democracy, checks-and-balances to fend off monopolized power structures with competition in sports as perhaps the greatest contributor to peace because it channels the tribal war-drive along peaceful paths where no blood is spilled; all these serve the well-being of human individuals. Individual experience is all there is and that really matters.

Geopolitics also only matters "in the final analysis" in so far as it serves the well-being of individuals by adding context and zooming-out observing bigger patterns that help understand the mechanics at local levels. But the moment the individual human being disappears from all equations... you can talk all you want about geopolitics, Eisenhower and the industrial military complex, making all kinds of bold claims about scenario's that never happened and therefor cannot be tested, like: "How would Putin have behaved if the West behaved nicer?"....without the individual human being center stage it all is nothing but empty psychopathic blatter.

Those who care to investigate know that Putin always regretted the USSR falling apart and that losing Ukraine gave him extreme heart break; he would do everything and anything to get the bitch back, and if that failed... punishing her big time, especially when she started flirting with the other guy EU, and especially asking daddy NATO for protection! Intolerable behavior..

This Higo de Putin has zero secrets for me, we all know him here like our back pockets. US "Patriots" who make themselves believe Putin would have been nicer if only NATO-West had been nicer... are living in a dream-world lalaland.

That being said, me thinks it is an improvement when Mericans stop fighting for people they don't care about. It would be a very dangerous path to engage in wars and conflicts where human beings don't mean a thing. When on top of that there is a very poor understanding of the map and the territory where you install US boots and bombs... it is a near certainty that such military engagements will have a huge human cost, and with a good chance also a complete waste of money and valuable resources.

Mericans want to be fighters for the good cause.. a better and just world. So in the end I’m not too afraid the US military will go all psychopath. To be isolationist, rethink wtf happened in all those wars; let’s not rush to war and or feed wars we don’t understand enough like Ukraine… is a good thing probably.

In the mean time somewhere else, different facts unfolding:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a45-q0qhKw
Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:50 pm

That is why Europe should join Russia China Iran axel .. that's where Europe's interest lies

European prosperity comes from Export .. US is broke, no "Real" money to pay for imports .. sooner rather than later that US National Dept Will lead to world refusing accepting $$$$
You didn't watch the video ...
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:33 am

True .. had not watched the video

After watching , wonder what an I.D.I.O.T

Now pretty much majority of Americans no European decent .. he probably Pakistani but says we European decent.

And

He does not know even history .. not America but Russia beat Hitler's army

And

United you stand, divided you fall .. if Europe shakes hand with Russia , handshake with China and India and Iran is next, Japan and the rest will follow, maybe even Australia (they know their market is China).

Latin America already flirting with Russia and China, Iranian president was a week ago in Cuba

And

Idea America paying for war with Ukraine another BS .. sending old scrap to Ukraine clears up space, no state of the art weapon goes to Ukraine on transit to Russia and Iran

The real cost of Ukraine war is shouldered by Ukraine themselves , their country ruined .. and Europe with millions of refugee

As said in my post , Europe should leave US and shake hand with Russia and China and Iran and India etc etc .. there lies the market for European goods.

And

Dont forget, Europe, culturally and civilization wise very close to East .. notion those outlaws shipped to Australia and America , wiping out indiginee and paying in California until not even 150 yrs ago $ 5 for every red Indian skull are close to land of Goethe and Shiller and Hegel testament of cultural illiteracy.

Am absolutely sure that if the TV presented was an "Anglo" he would not argue what this guys saying
Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:47 pm
Doc wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:33 am

True .. had not watched the video

After watching , wonder what an I.D.I.O.T

Now pretty much majority of Americans no European decent .. he probably Pakistani but says we European decent.

And

He does not know even history .. not America but Russia beat Hitler's army

And

United you stand, divided you fall .. if Europe shakes hand with Russia , handshake with China and India and Iran is next, Japan and the rest will follow, maybe even Australia (they know their market is China).

Latin America already flirting with Russia and China, Iranian president was a week ago in Cuba

And

Idea America paying for war with Ukraine another BS .. sending old scrap to Ukraine clears up space, no state of the art weapon goes to Ukraine on transit to Russia and Iran

The real cost of Ukraine war is shouldered by Ukraine themselves , their country ruined .. and Europe with millions of refugee

As said in my post , Europe should leave US and shake hand with Russia and China and Iran and India etc etc .. there lies the market for European goods.

And

Dont forget, Europe, culturally and civilization wise very close to East .. notion those outlaws shipped to Australia and America , wiping out indiginee and paying in California until not even 150 yrs ago $ 5 for every red Indian skull are close to land of Goethe and Shiller and Hegel testament of cultural illiteracy.

Am absolutely sure that if the TV presented was an "Anglo" he would not argue what this guys saying
Claudius 2024
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dvbX8imXnI
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

With regards to Europe, Russia, PR China, Iran and other totalitarian states may as well be from another planet.

Culturally, unlike the US, they have nothing in common with Europe as they all completed missed the Enlightenment and thus the ideas that transformed Western society.

On the other hand, unlike Europe, autocratic Russia and China did adopt the naive beliefs of a European utopian, a mad scribbler named Marx, with disastrous results - the two worst democides in human history.

To again [re]state the obvious, no one wants to be Russian, PR Chinese, or Iranian.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Enough of the pro-totalitarian agitprop.

Back to the topic of the thread.

Critical Threats | Russian Offensive Campaign [Invasion] Assessment, July 24, 2023
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:25 am Enough of the pro-totalitarian agitprop.

Back to the topic of the thread.

Critical Threats | Russian Offensive Campaign [Invasion] Assessment, July 24, 2023

:lol: :lol:

All news in West are "disinformation" .. real news comes from "others" .. INDIA

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/CARZ0ZWI8Qk

BANG coming to Poland , and , NATO

NATO will either put up or shut up

we will see
noddy

Post by noddy »

if Russia was stupid enough to attack Poland it would all be over in days.

western Russia would be glass, probably a fair bit of the EU and US would be too.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:40 pm .

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/7KdjePmcTkY

West started .. now this
Putin is losing on the battlefield, so he is resorting desperate threats.
Doc

Post by Doc »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtL8wDF75_M
Ukrainians Break Through Russian Lines, Massive Gains 28 Jul 23 Ukraine Daily Update
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:10 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtL8wDF75_M
Ukrainians Break Through Russian Lines, Massive Gains 28 Jul 23 Ukraine Daily Update

https://asiatimes.com/2023/08/ground-so ... offensive/

The idea seems to be to provide psychological support to both President Volodymyr Zelensky and the Ukrainian army.

Concerns range from depleting US strategic reserves to prolonging a conflict that increasingly looks like it will end up badly in a Ukrainian defeat

The latest information is that early Ukrainian advances in both directions have been repulsed, and that any hope Zelensky may have of creating a victory on the ashes of Bakhmut seems to have failed to materialize.

No one can say for sure whether Ukraine’s military still supports Zelensky, but as more and more cracks appear in Kiev, it is a good bet that they may take matters into their own hands. Should that happen, Zelensky will likely be deposed.

Russian door is open to dialogue with Ukraine’s military.

Said B4 , Putin got what he wanted, part of Ukraine worth something

But

The unintended win was the start of "Multi polar world order"

mad mullahs love it .. Iran not Iran used 2B, neither West West used 2B, nor East

We in a new world
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

The rumor I am hearing is that Russia will take the entire Black Sea coast, but Odessa will be an open port. Russia will stop at the Dnieper, and not challenge Poland taking ethnically Polish Western Ukraine.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:26 am
Doc wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:10 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtL8wDF75_M

https://asiatimes.com/2023/08/ground-so ... offensive/

The idea seems to be to provide psychological support to both President Volodymyr Zelensky and the Ukrainian army.

Concerns range from depleting US strategic reserves to prolonging a conflict that increasingly looks like it will end up badly in a Ukrainian defeat

The latest information is that early Ukrainian advances in both directions have been repulsed, and that any hope Zelensky may have of creating a victory on the ashes of Bakhmut seems to have failed to materialize.

No one can say for sure whether Ukraine’s military still supports Zelensky, but as more and more cracks appear in Kiev, it is a good bet that they may take matters into their own hands. Should that happen, Zelensky will likely be deposed.

Russian door is open to dialogue with Ukraine’s military.

Said B4 , Putin got what he wanted, part of Ukraine worth something

But

The unintended win was the start of "Multi polar world order"

mad mullahs love it .. Iran not Iran used 2B, neither West West used 2B, nor East

We in a new world
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekwj20oDaU8
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

How Promising NATO Membership To Ukraine Could Lead To World War III

A reasonable opinion, on the surface that is. One that Putin surely would be happy to read too, believing it proves he has us by the balls. As with his oil and gas pipelines on which we came dependent. Something the greenfaced new Germans didn't pay attention to with their unwordly assessement of reality.

These journalistic utterances coming from across the Atlantic however are symptomatic of a much more dangerous problem: the West's inability to read and anticipate psychopaths like Putin, an unwillingness to build your policies on the worst of assumptions about human nature just to be on the safe side, while also completely ignoring and disrespecting our tribal-biological territorial nature and needs. Explorers who can't read a map or use maps of poor and misleading quality will never arrive. The blind leading the blind.

The greatest danger and weakness of the West is its Messianism. Just believe... and anything will be fine. If Jesus won't save the world it will be globalism, free markets and economic interdependence that builds a peaceful world community. Now if that project starts to fail (it already did), resort to undemocratic means and try force the utopia back into existence by starting to cancel, ban, name-shame those you believe are in the way and the cause of your own failure. But it announces the end coming.

The problem with Ukraine is almost identical to that of Palestine. When you are naive, messianically deranged, you might believe that "hot territorial claims" can be settled by asking people to be reasonable, fair and to compromise at a negotiating table. Disputed, vacant territory where too much blood has been spilled already, fuels every extremist sentiment and dream on both sides instead of stimulating and nurturing the better angels of human nature.

Vacant, disputed territory is the source of all wars. Neighbors that assert, accept and respect borders, have a chance for peace. Good fences make good neighbors. Jabotinsky foresaw the drama developing when the Zionists failed to draw final borders, an "Iron Wall" and that way leave no territory disputed. It was westerners infected with that Messianic virus who forced both Israelis and Palestinians into the "lets negotiate" utopia, with nothing but misery as the result. Especially for Palestinians!

Ukraine has for a long time been contested territory historically and has now, like Westbank and Gaza, been relegated to the status of a vacant territory that the same Messianics now want to solve via negotiations. Ukraine should have been made part of NATO and EU long ago just to settle it quickly and decisively or be thrown back into the cage of the USSR to do with it whatever it wanted. Both scenarios would have prevented the current war. That station has passed already.

Messianic nonsense always opens the gate for another unnecessary violent conflict. Bush Sr seems like the last US president with a sense of reality, but Trump also is an exception, he appears to have the right instincts when it comes to war and peace; functional borders, peace through strength, not starting wars.
Heracleum Persicum

It is in European interest to dismantle NATO, for many reason

Europe's interest does not overlap anymore with US interest .. US has probably other plans looking towards pacific etc , that not fully in European interest.

And

NATO was created, with their articles, when West, US , was "supreme" world power, USSR in ruin .. meaning USSR could not provoke and touch NATO, West.

Now, things, totally different, many players, visible and not visible to naked eye, sitting at the table, meaning of military power not same as B4, $ 10,000 Drowns fly 2000 miles hitting targets pinpoint and nobody knows who

NATO can become a trap for Europe, if a BANG (you bet the farm it will) happens what next ?

Wise heads in Europe will rise and demand NATO dissolved, and , a European military organization built with realistic up to date articles and sign a security agreement with Russia, this 2023 and planing for 2050, this not 1950

Parodite

Post by Parodite »

I would like Western Europe to be independent from Russian oil and Gaz because I want Europe to be completely energy independent from anyone. Solar, wind and water are fine but that's only 15% tops of what we really need, so safe(r) nuclear should be added to the mix. Fossil can still be used in small and decreasing amounts. It's not bad to have fossil available for a very long time in case of an energy emergency. Life is not a constant, so it is a good idea not to be dependent on only one or two sources of energy.

I also would like Europe to be much less dependent on the US for its military security. It's not that our interests don't align, and NATO surely should not be dismantled. We need 1st of all strong no-nonsense economies that can afford for a massive increase in defense spending. Peace through strength is what I believe in. The USA, in my not-humble opinion, is going through abitova silly phase and is in a mess right now. I have never heard so much nonsense coming out of the USA. Too much rot in many places. Do I trust the USA being a stable partner the coming decades? Not at all... to be honest. But even more reason to keep each other close to our chests as old friends... family.

With Russia we can make new deals when Putin is dead, and his gang replaced by more realistic and teenier bit more civilized people. Time to already start scouting who those people could be and be honest and open about it. The Ukraine-Russia war could have been prevented, but that station has passed. Long ago Ukraine should have been made NATO-EU member or just been thrown back into the claws of the Russian bear. Both would have prevented this war. Too late now, sorry.

Nothing is going to stop this war from escalating and we will all move along the brink of a nuclear disaster. If the USA would go all Tucky Carlson and pull out now, rest assured this war will only intensify quickly and still draw the USA back into it rather soon. Unless Tucky and his spiritual friends don't mind seeing Europe going up in flames once again in a total war with Russia.

With a bit of luck just before it is too late peace will arrive, however. But that is the price when you surrender to playing Putin's Russian roulette game. This war will come to an end the way all wars do, but in sort of slomo fashion. What normally ends in 3 years will now take 10 years. The result and prices paid will be exactly the same.

The current regimes in Iran, Russia and CCP China... sorry. They are nothing but criminal gangs that hold on to their positions of power creating misery everywhere. China is quickly rising to a new powerhouse in the world, but I suspect that what comes up fast usually also goes down fast. You need more than just economic mechanics to have a long life in the future. You need a strong culture too with sustainable values where the autonomy and value of every individual is recognized, respected, and protected by law, in addition to values and the mechanics that pertain to the collective. China is in its infancy finding a sustainable balance between these realities. Its centralized controls are completely dependent on technology, which will always be a significant risk. Machines have this feature of needing constant care and maintenance. That is a strong as its weakest link. What would keep China together if that breaks down.

David P Goldman freaks out by the successes of the Chinese, and how they “do everything right" by protecting their own children from TikTok nonsense and instead educate and produce more engineers than the entire West combined. The number of Chinese kids that learn to play classical Western European piano… scares the hell out of him. Yet it also makes him jealous and drool... almost to the point of worship. A humble Jew is a rarity but it happens. :P

Question is how long China is interested in this irresponsible loose cannon Putin with his badly calculated adventures. They will play friends and smiles for now... but pragmatism has so far been the leading force of CCP China. If this delusional Russian beer on Vodka doesn't get sober very soon, the Chinese might suddenly make a significant U-turn. The West and Russia going up in nuclear flames would be a disaster for China as well. For the Chinese to get into action and put serious pressure on Putler… a "mad dog" US President would help. Trump comes close. A mad, unpredictable dog.
Heracleum Persicum

Parodite wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:04 pm
I would like Western Europe to be independent from Russian oil and Gaz because I want Europe to be completely energy independent from anyone. Solar, wind and water are fine but that's only 15% tops of what we really need, so safe(r) nuclear should be added to the mix. Fossil can still be used in small and decreasing amounts. It's not bad to have fossil available for a very long time in case of an energy emergency. Life is not a constant, so it is a good idea not to be dependent on only one or two sources of energy.

Gas and Oil have nothing to do with wind/solar power (just making electricity) ..

Gas and Oil are feed for petrochemical, fertilizer, and many many other industries and products

and

Europe being dependant to (cheap) Russian Oil and Gas is excellent policy for European security as Russia's national interest would be vested in revenue from selling Oil & Gas and metals etc etc etc to Europe (Russia was delivering all contracted, Europe started freezing Russian money and not paying the bills), and buying European (mostly) consumer goods.

French and Germans were killing (and hating) each other for generations, De Gaul and Adenauer used their wisdom (over ruling Britain) and now they good friends and "dependent" to each other, Germans pay the bills and French do the talking :D

And

What you think is worst, being dependent on Russians or Americans ? :lol:

Look at what happened to Iraqi children .. they were dependent to American radio medication

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP1OAD9jSaI

I also would like Europe to be much less dependent on the US for its military security. It's not that our interests don't align, and NATO surely should not be dismantled. We need 1st of all strong no-nonsense economies that can afford for a massive increase in defense spending. Peace through strength is what I believe in. The USA, in my not-humble opinion, is going through abitova silly phase and is in a mess right now. I have never heard so much nonsense coming out of the USA. Too much rot in many places. Do I trust the USA being a stable partner the coming decades? Not at all... to be honest. But even more reason to keep each other close to our chests as old friends... family.

Only fools would depend for their security on other nations, specially on America

America would not defend anybody for morality purpose, it only would do so if it is in American national security interest, Dollars and Cents.

US, FDR agreed enter the war against Germany only when Churchill agreed British defeat after the war, give up all colonies and US dollar replace British Pound as world currency, basically wiped out The Great out of the Britain.

There no free lunch

With US , Europe is the junior partner .. with Russia (and Europe), Russia would be the junior partner.

With Russia we can make new deals when Putin is dead, and his gang replaced by more realistic and teenier bit more civilized people. Time to already start scouting who those people could be and be honest and open about it. The Ukraine-Russia war could have been prevented, but that station has passed. Long ago Ukraine should have been made NATO-EU member or just been thrown back into the claws of the Russian bear. Both would have prevented this war. Too late now, sorry.

Europe should pray day and night that Putin stays healthy and in power

He is the iron man who can make deals and has 80% public support

Question is how long China is interested in this irresponsible loose cannon Putin with his badly calculated adventures. They will play friends and smiles for now... but pragmatism has so far been the leading force of CCP China. If this delusional Russian beer on Vodka doesn't get sober very soon, the Chinese might suddenly make a significant U-turn. The West and Russia going up in nuclear flames would be a disaster for China as well. For the Chinese to get into action and put serious pressure on Putler… a "mad dog" US President would help. Trump comes close. A mad, unpredictable dog.

Whatever happens, the world will not be same, mad mullahs, Iran tried all with west and it did not work .. now East has turned away from West .. China, Persia , Russia, India , South East Asia and and and .. Dollar no more dollar used 2B and losing footing daily

Europe should reboot and look where Europe wants to be in the new world order