Democrat states and Republican states

Mr. Perfect

Re: Republican states

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Wasn't there a time when bangin a dude's wife in his house was asking for it?
Censorship isn't necessary
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

There was. But now, they bang 'em in their 'castle' and shoot the husband for confronting them at their doorstep.

The shooter in this case, not the victim, was the one banging the other guy's wife.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Skin Job wrote:Such a broad brush! Look at these outliers, then condemn an entire state with all its people.
Hey, this is just meant to be a parallel thread to the 'Democrat states' thread, in which your absence has been duly noted.

Red sympathizers. What are you gonna do?
Typhoon

Re: Democrat states and Republican states

Post by Typhoon »

Reads like these Republicrat and Demopublican states deserve each other.
What are you gonna do?
Merge them.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Skin Job

Post by Skin Job »

Zack Morris wrote:
Skin Job wrote:Such a broad brush! Look at these outliers, then condemn an entire state with all its people.
Hey, this is just meant to be a parallel thread to the 'Democrat states' thread, in which your absence has been duly noted.

Red sympathizers. What are you gonna do?
Oh, I see. A contest to see who can be the biggest jerk! Do you really want to win?
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Zack Morris wrote:There was. But now, they bang 'em in their 'castle' and shoot the husband for confronting them at their doorstep.

The shooter in this case, not the victim, was the one banging the other guy's wife.
Sounds like its better to be the banger than the bangee.

I think we needs to distribute bangin more equally........
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Typhoon wrote:Reads like these Republicrat and Demopublican states deserve each other.
What are you gonna do?
Merge them.
Seems to be happening all the time:
http://ecopolitology.org/2010/11/23/stu ... 1920-2008/

Political parties are not drivers but indicators....

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/2008/

So much for all the blue state/red state mythology that so many love to use as the source of banter.....

Hmmmm..... unfortunately other than North Dakota and Wyoming, there are no red states. And there is no such thing as a blue state. So I think the merging thing has already been tried and is what results in the current morass (more ass?).

I would get rid of gerrymandering. All congressional district boundaries will be computer generated with the only criteria being equal populations and minimum perimeter distance. That and the states need to do some massive 10th Ammendment push back.

Or designate Blue cities and Red counties as such, FEDERAL laws passed by a Dem majority apply only to the blue jurisdictions and FEDERAL laws passed by a Repub majority apply only to the red jurisdictions.

Hell, mayors, governors, cities, towns, counties do it all the time.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Simple Minded wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Reads like these Republicrat and Demopublican states deserve each other.
What are you gonna do?
Merge them.
Seems to be happening all the time:
http://ecopolitology.org/2010/11/23/stu ... 1920-2008/

Political parties are not drivers but indicators....

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/2008/

So much for all the blue state/red state mythology that so many love to use as the source of banter.....

Hmmmm..... unfortunately other than North Dakota and Wyoming, there are no red states. And there is no such thing as a blue state. So I think the merging thing has already been tried and is what results in the current morass (more ass?).

I would get rid of gerrymandering. All congressional district boundaries will be computer generated with the only criteria being equal populations and minimum perimeter distance. That and the states need to do some massive 10th Ammendment push back.

Or designate Blue cities and Red counties as such, FEDERAL laws passed by a Dem majority apply only to the blue jurisdictions and FEDERAL laws passed by a Repub majority apply only to the red jurisdictions.

Hell, mayors, governors, cities, towns, counties do it all the time.
It is essentially a marker of urban-ness. A blue-state is a state that is primarily urban. You can look at New Mexico and it would seem counter-intuitive until you recognize that more than half the state lives in Albuquerque, Santa Fe and their suburbs. I believe close to half the population of New Mexico is in Bernalillo county where Albuquerque resides and it's one of the smallest states. Los Alamos is the smallest county and it's basically just one highly cosmopolitan town based around a bunch of scientists. Valencia County where I grew up is to a large degree bedroom communities for Albuquerque and that's about 5% of the population of the state. Bernalillo, Santa Fe, Los Alamos and Valencia counties account for the majority of the population. Arizona is one of the few states that bucks that trend. Big Texas cities have been electing gay Democrats to become Mayor lately.

The divide is certainly urban vs rural more than anything else.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Bhanging around.......

Post by monster_gardener »

Simple Minded wrote:
Zack Morris wrote:There was. But now, they bang 'em in their 'castle' and shoot the husband for confronting them at their doorstep.

Sounds like its better to be the banger than the bangee.

I think we needs to distribute bangin more equally........
Thank You VERY Much for your post, Simple Minded.

I think we needs to distribute bangin more equally..

Also the Bhanging ;) ..........

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhang

Choom Hog :twisted: Obama: shouldn't get to intercept ;) :twisted: :evil: all the reefer for himself especially the Medical MJ ..........

Even possible that with more Bhanging there would be less banging of guns........

Though maybe more banging of other sorts........ ;) :twisted: :lol:
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Simple Minded wrote: . . .

I would get rid of gerrymandering. All congressional district boundaries will be computer generated with the only criteria being equal populations and minimum perimeter distance.

. . .
A great idea that will probably never be implemented due to the perceived advantage seen by both Demopublicans and Republicrats in rigging the districts.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Enki

Post by Enki »

Typhoon wrote:
Simple Minded wrote: . . .

I would get rid of gerrymandering. All congressional district boundaries will be computer generated with the only criteria being equal populations and minimum perimeter distance.

. . .
A great idea that will probably never be implemented due to the perceived advantage seen by both Demopublicans and Republicrats in rigging the districts.
Yeah, I have floated that idea around Democratic circles here in NY. Generally the idea is unpopular because they want to create ethnic constituencies.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Details of the castle

Post by monster_gardener »

Thank you Very Much for your post, Zack Morris.
shoot the husband for confronting them at their doorstep.
I re-read your article.......

Right now I am not sure exactly where the victim was when he was shot.....

AIUI if he was on the door step but not in the house, he would not have been "fair game" as long as he was not trying to break in, burn down or otherwise cause harm....... Mouthing off not included though he could have been ordered to leave and arrested by police if he did not..........

I am presuming the garage was attached directly to the home.......

Not sure about the castle status of an unattached garage but I would guess that it is not protected........ have to call the police or use non-lethal force..........

Anyone know???
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light