Celebrating Russia's "cultural dominance"

Enki

Re: Celebrating Russia's "cultural dominance"

Post by Enki »

AzariLoveIran wrote:
Typhoon wrote:.
AzariLoveIran wrote:.

Russia very great nation and people .. best scientist, best artist, best musicians , to die girls and and and

Their weakness is their leaders .. "Pyotr Alexeyevich Romanov", "Katharina die Große" and Putin .. that is it

A great nation and a great leader

Say so does not make it so.

Life Expectancy

Russia: 167th between India and Papua New Guinea. Lower than N Korea.

we went through that discussion once already

Life expectancy, nor GDP, nor production, or things of that nature, are markers of greatness .. Russia has produced a lot of giants of art and science and literature etc in history

same with China and Iran

not so Japan

Reason, Russia or China or Iran still backwards nothing do to with greatness of their culture or people, but history of world of last few 100 yrs

but

better late than never

China already on top and accelerating

Russia rebooting

and Iran , well , don't know how to say it not to hurt feelings
Your lack of respect for Japan makes you look like a fool.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Russia isn't rebooting, it's going into sleep mode.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Post by monster_gardener »

Alexis wrote:
Typhoon wrote:However, the SU under Stalin did exactly what they stopped the Nazi's from achieving and exceeded the Third Reich's tally of murdered innocents by tens of millions.
No, Hitlerian Germany was destructive on a level entirely different to the Stalinist Soviet Union.

Most of the 40 million killings within the European part of WWII took place in the three years between mid-1941 and mid-1944, as Slavic civilians were decimated and more by Wehrmacht occupation policy (e.g. 25% of Belarus population disappeared) and of course the Shoah took place. That evil was stopped only by military rollback and victory by external forces (mainly the USSR), while Nazi plans were to essentially destroy the whole of Slav population more or less rapidly, to make room for the Herrenvolk to multiply. We're speaking destruction of many peoples, potentially over hundred millions civilians.

Most of the ca. 25 million killings from Stalinism took place within a fifteen-year span from 1925 to 1940. That evil disappeared because of internal forces: some mitigation in the 1945-1953 period, then denounciation and reform from 1956.

:arrow: Five times more killings per year, on Nazism' side, compared to Stalinism

:arrow: Nazism stopped in its tracks from even much more destructive endeavours, by foreign victory, versus Stalinism stopped from the inside, after having exhausted its destructive characters

Definitly not the same kind of political monster.
Thank you Very Much for your post, Alexis.

Seconded.

Another essentially difference is that Nazism persecuted people for things beyond their control: what "race" they were born into.....
More important that you were a despicable Jew, Slav, Black etc.. than that you were an upstanding productive citizen and a German Patriot. Of course being a social democrat would get you in trouble too............

With Communism/Stalinism etc., you a had a chance to survive by submitting: making friends with the monster by becoming one: a communist/Stalinist....... or doing a good job og seeming so until the monster died..........
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Zack Morris wrote:Russia isn't rebooting, it's going into sleep mode.
Good advice for a drunken state . . .
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Post by monster_gardener »

Typhoon wrote:
Zack Morris wrote:Russia isn't rebooting, it's going into sleep mode.
Good advice for a drunken state . . .
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one!

Thank you VERY MUCH for your post, Typhoon.

But more seriously, it can be dangerous to just let a seriously drunken person (as opposed to a state :wink: ) just sleep it off though that is a traditional "cure"............

At a minimum someone is needed to watch over: make sure keeps breathing, doesn't aspirate vomit etc.. :( :( :(
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light