Shots fired at the Capitol

Enki

Shots fired at the Capitol

Post by Enki »

The Tea Party brethren have been telling us for a long time that if the electoral process doesn't go their way that they are going to start shooting people. Is this the beginning?

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/20 ... stody?lite
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Simple Minded

Re: Shots fired at the Capitol

Post by Simple Minded »

That car looks too expensive for a Tea Partier to drive or own. Maybe a despondent doctor or nurse?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

A single mom in an Infiniti, smells like tea party to me. But isn't it our turn tinker, you left wingers get all the home grown terrorist fun (Chris Dorner, Boston Bombers, Navy Yard shooting).

BTW who fired the shots.
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

The time has come for common sense Infiniti control. Get the Infinitis off the streets. We need bans and Inifiniti buy back programs. Do it for the kids.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

In the meant time it's Democrats and their violent rhetoric that is inciting violence against Conservatives.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... de-Capitol
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Simple Minded wrote:That car looks too expensive for a Tea Partier to drive or own.
That's what I thought!

Sounds like it was a deranged, unarmed woman. She had her child with her in a car when she sped past a checkpoint and the police shot her down. All of the gunfire was from the police.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Oh poor TInker! Imagine the crushing emotional comedown of no blood to exploit for political purposes. Take a moment and feel Tinker's pain.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Ibrahim wrote:
Simple Minded wrote:That car looks too expensive for a Tea Partier to drive or own.
That's what I thought!
You and your stereotypes ibs. Why betray so much ibs.
All of the gunfire was from the police.
Time for commons sense police control.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Anyone know why the NSA didn't prevent this? What is the purpose of spying if not to prevent this kind of attack?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Imagine the headspace I must occupy in Tinker's mind wherein a national news event and the first person he thinks of is me. I must be like a constant companion to him, one he is desperate to believe is racist and a murderer, even when I am not. Maybe there is a mental health screening that would be appropriate.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

So TInker, you gonna man up and offer an apology.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Little info on the event yet [although no lack of the usual soapbox projection] except that the driver was female, unarmed, had a 1 year old child in the back seat, and was shot dead.

Some reports that she may have had [post partum] depression.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:Little info on the event yet [although no lack of the usual soapbox projection]
From one side, sure.
Endovelico

Post by Endovelico »

From this side of the pond it looks like another example of excessive force being used in a situation where clearly no public person or institution was at risk. A mother of a 18 month old child was killed without any justification but the current police paranoia. I'm sure American citizens will feel now a lot more secure than before the incident...
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Endovelico wrote:From this side of the pond it looks like another example of excessive force being used in a situation where clearly no public person or institution was at risk. A mother of a 18 month old child was killed without any justification but the current police paranoia. I'm sure American citizens will feel now a lot more secure than before the incident...

Right, one look at all the video shown and you see the police creating their own paranoia after the car makes a wrong turn and bumps into a security pole. Then with a whole armada of cars, none of the officers attempt to stop this mom-mobile in any of the ways cops are normally trained to do; instead they wait for her to step out of her vehicle so they could pump her full of lead.

There is a big disconnect between the footage we have seen and the official media story of her rampaging through D.C. shooting at crowds like Rambo.
cincinnatus

Post by cincinnatus »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Endovelico wrote:From this side of the pond it looks like another example of excessive force being used in a situation where clearly no public person or institution was at risk. A mother of a 18 month old child was killed without any justification but the current police paranoia. I'm sure American citizens will feel now a lot more secure than before the incident...

Right, one look at all the video shown and you see the police creating their own paranoia after the car makes a wrong turn and bumps into a security pole. Then with a whole armada of cars, none of the officers attempt to stop this mom-mobile in any of the ways cops are normally trained to do; instead they wait for her to step out of her vehicle so they could pump her full of lead.

There is a big disconnect between the footage we have seen and the official media story of her rampaging through D.C. shooting at crowds like Rambo.
The early "reporting" was horrible. It went from a "shootout" and "ramming into the WH security entrance" to this. The most recent video I saw seems like she turned left toward daylight and then stopped at the barrier. Then she gets 5 or 6 cops and plainclothes types aiming pistols at her and yelling. She overreacts/panics, breaks the law by trying to escape (for whatever reason...mental issues, adrenaline, paranoia, late for a movie) and gets shot at. Ends as she's shot 15-times outside her car. In front of her 1-year old daughter. And politicos on both sides are praising the stormtroopers.

Part of me hopes these Rambos can never sleep again without hearing that child's screams.
"I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness."
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
Typhoon wrote:Little info on the event yet [although no lack of the usual soapbox projection]
From one side, sure.
A quick scan of the comments sections of various news sources indicates otherwise.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

cincinnatus wrote:

The early "reporting" was horrible. It went from a "shootout" and "ramming into the WH security entrance" to this. The most recent video I saw seems like she turned left toward daylight and then stopped at the barrier. Then she gets 5 or 6 cops and plainclothes types aiming pistols at her and yelling. She overreacts/panics, breaks the law by trying to escape (for whatever reason...mental issues, adrenaline, paranoia, late for a movie) and gets shot at. Ends as she's shot 15-times outside her car. In front of her 1-year old daughter. And politicos on both sides are praising the stormtroopers.

Part of me hopes these Rambos can never sleep again without hearing that child's screams.
Well said, cincinnatus and NapLajoieonSteroids.
The woman who led authorities on a chase from the White House to the Capitol before she was killed by police may have thought that President Barack Obama was stalking her, law enforcement sources told NBC News.

The sources said that the woman, Miriam Carey, had a history of mental health problems.
Are reading about a number of such incidents in the US, one develops the impression that the current treatment for public mental health incidents is the use of lethal force, typically shooting, by the paramilitary police.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

cincinnatus wrote:

At the police press conference the day of the shooting I heard one or possibly two of the reporters shouting "any confirmation that the woman was Somalian?" over and over at the DC police representative as he left. I think the appearance of the woman and hysteria about the security threat presented by certain groups was a factor in how the police acted and how this incident played out.

It now sounds like she was clearly mentally ill and did behave erratically, but they constant degrading of the value of human life to the point that your being shot to death is increasingly acceptable (either regrettable or laudable, but still acceptable) is disturbing.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

[quote="Ibrahim"] . . .

At the police press conference the day of the shooting I heard one or possibly two of the reporters shouting "any confirmation that the woman was Somalian?" over and over at the DC police representative as he left.

. . .[/quote

What aroused the "reporter's" suspicions? Was it her clearly Somalian name: "Miriam Carey"?
Juno

Post by Juno »

Enki wrote:Mr. Perfect and his Tea Party brethren have been telling us for a long time that if the electoral process doesn't go their way that they are going to start shooting people. Is this the beginning?

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/20 ... stody?lite
Tinker, I've made this same mistake. It was a lesson to me.

That poor woman did not commit a capital offense. There was no justification for those goons to use lethal force. I hope you will join me in calling for them to be tried for murder, or at a very minimum, manslaughter. I mean, if Obama had a daughter her age, she would look like that, do you agree?
Proud Member International Brotherhood of Bullfighters, Rodeo Clowns, and Barrelmen, Local 17
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Typhoon wrote:
Ibrahim wrote: . . .

At the police press conference the day of the shooting I heard one or possibly two of the reporters shouting "any confirmation that the woman was Somalian?" over and over at the DC police representative as he left.

. . .[/quote

What aroused the "reporter's" suspicions? Was it her clearly Somalian name: "Miriam Carey"?
My theory is black + desperately fishing for a terror angle, Somalian terrorists being in the news recently due to the Nairobi attack. This was prior to the name being released.

Though just tonight I saw somebody on CNN saying that the police response was reasonable because she could have had a "bomb vest." Though under that rationale who can't you preemptively shoot? People wearing halter tops I guess.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:
From one side, sure.
A quick scan of the comments sections of various news sources indicates otherwise.
What about a quick scan of MSM coverage.

When you're implicated in murder do you just take it and remain silent.
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Did anyone see Tinker apologize yet.
Juno

Post by Juno »

I think he's embarrassed.
Proud Member International Brotherhood of Bullfighters, Rodeo Clowns, and Barrelmen, Local 17