Russia

Parodite

Re: Russia

Post by Parodite »

A little devil's advocate here to try and see where this line of thinking would be going.

The Case against NATO

NATO pushed Putler’s Russia into the arms of Giant Panda CCP.

People who genuinely love Russia and China now have good reason to throw a party! Mother Russia (MR) and Papa Panda (PP) had their issues in the past (especially a lack of trust often spoiled the fun), but can finally resume and consume their marriage. Mixing bodily fluids 24/7... if so they wish. Why not!

A dog breed called the Ayatolian Shia Mastiff will be a good defense dog patrolling the south-western border. It barks more than it bites but is believed to be very loyal. Due to inbreeding it has weak hip joints but that also prevents it run away very far. Like a chained dog without a chain. Perfect!

Disconnected from its rich and heroic Persian history.. this dog desperately needs a Master who can control and relax her with Love. That is: until her real owner Mahdi-Messiah returns. Penis-envying the USA and Israel will no longer be necessary when Cyrus the Great is back: he will clean out the barn.

The Wild Wild West (WWW) rejected the love MR offered when Badboy Bill Clinton (BBB) was too busy denying he had sex with a young female intern at the White House. Also, BBB considered MR a hysterical slut-whore that can never be trusted, so not much was lost anyways. But it was good for the BBB-show back home.

This has been a very old open secret at the WWW: MR is considered a Mafiosi collection of brothels and pimps where exploitation, coercion, blackmail, gulags, gangs, bullets and poison make society tick. If you don’t pay the whore for her services, even just “reject her without good reason”, she becomes a vindictive hysterical Slavic bitch.

As a case in point, this old theme returned in the Trump pee-tape hoax scandal, where the p*ssy grabbing Orange Cowboy had sex with a Russian whore who peed all over him.

MR’s self-image needed an update. One sees Vlad Putler as a bare-chested cowboy on a horse who later invades, rapes territories. Why? To compensate for the loss of testosterone after the USSR collapsed. The resurgence of homophobia illustrates same. There is nothing else to it I’m afraid. Basic biology.

The WWW has concluded this MR empire of pimps and brothels needs to be controlled and downsized as much as possible. Inadvertently this made PP the new ally, customer and supplier of testosterone to the divorced, exiled MR.

MR did have a real on-and-off love affair with Western Europe; they share a lot of history. PP may appear an attractive new lover, but he is known for his abusive, controlling, sociopathic nature. To get raped, sodomized by PP is a real risk for MR; she knows this instinctively. But they have something in common too that will bind them together for quite some time: their taste for kinky brutal sex.

WWW is much better off with MR not being a vindictive woman on the loose. Once MR is managed by big fat daddy PP, we can all join and rejoice their engagement party. They are already doing kinky military exercises together, which is a very good sign!

Of course, eventually MR also needs to be kept happy i.e., feeling safe and respected as all mothers do. Which is the crucial question here: how?

Right now, there is a golden opportunity for WWW and PP to force both Orphaned Child Ukraine and MR to calm down, compromise, end this effing war. Or just postpone it, if so they insist. It has to stop, because:

A huge global bubble burst is coming. It started as a long-term stagflation, a “controlled slow motion demolition”, with a good chance of mass starvation the coming year when we run out of food, energy, supply chains grinding down further. (I avoid the term “reset” because it suggests an amount of intention that aint there; it’s more the covering-up of incompetence + denial + stupid policies + random events)

The stakes are very high for everybody. China is on the brink, so are we. The poorest people in the world will go to the chopping block first. That’s the nature of the hierarchy.

How can we help MR calming down, be pacified by her new lover-customer, PP?

I would think NATO best be dismantled to make that happen. The above context can be used to build a case for that, but more importantly I have stopped considering the USA to be a reliable partner in all this. Biden’s USA is bankrupting us all. Trumps USA might come back for some odd years and calm things down but after that flames will flare up again very fast.

There is a psychological breakdown in the USA. One can equate the health of the US dollar with US mental health in general. They are one and the same. The most reliable indicator.

Debt junkies never quit for as long as their environment doesn’t change, stops being an enabler of the addiction with incentives badly configured.

Fair enough, smart Americans with a mind of their own wonder why they should throw more money at the Ukraine at this point. A massive, out of control, suicidal bad-debt accumulation at home caused by a woke-means-broke mob of progressives and environmentalists. Also considering the Ukraine is (has been) a cesspool of corrupt oligarchs just like MR.

Sending more weapons to the Ukraine to defend itself sounds good, but it only means more of the Ukraine will be destroyed and with 10-thousands more dead. All this with a big risk of a WW3 escalation too! The calc seems easy with this one…

I share these concerns and understand the sentiments, but to just stop sending weapons to the Ukraine will dramatically increase the chance of escalation; Putler gets a free pass and won’t stop with only part of the Ukraine.

If you want a fast escalation, by all means stop sending weapons to the Ukraine. I live here, it is in my neighborhood so perhaps I kinda read this map pretty accurately.

But… don’t get me started about Western Europe. Of course, European countries should pay more to NATO. MUCH more. That is wisdom with hindsight unfortunately, the damage has been done. For now, we in the West all depend on the fire power of the USA to survive. It has the only muscle able to put enough pressure on big daddy PP to bring Putler's MR back to sanity. Some CCP arms need to be twisted big time.

Western Europe spending much more on their own defense capabilities and have it all operational will take years. The EU needs an incentive to start doing it. Putlers behavior was the kick start, but the USA can give the final push by communicating it is really done with those defense freeloaders in Europe. I agree: Europe needs a European defense force that can do without the US. Completely!

US and Europe can still remain allies, “friends in principle” even after NATO is dismantled. I would think an informal non-NATO alliance is better for everybody anyways. Join forces voluntarily as in a free association during war. I don’t want to be forced into a war because my country happens to be tied to some NATO treaty.

Friends are always more motivated to help each other out on a voluntary basis. A gun pointed against my head that tells me to fight and protect people or countries far away while not being convinced my blood is really needed, nor that in should be spilled in all fairness... will never do it. Most people think that way.

All of the above is from the Whatiffistan shelves, so none of it will transpire. I would bet on the usual unintended consequences. They can be bad but also good, even very good! The supply of random events never dries up. The unpredictable is rock solid and never fails to surprise.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Typhoon wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:58 pm
FT: Lukoil chair Maganov dies after fall from hospital window, Russian media report
Oil producer was one of few companies to criticise war in Ukraine
Unsecured windows has become an endemic problem in Russia.

Not only in Russia, BUT
YES

In Wall Street Crash of 1929 many jumped out of windows .. this time stakes are Trillions of $$$ , maybe $ 100 Trillion could evaporate, many worthless companies still having market cap of Billions.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:17 pm
FT: Lukoil chair Maganov dies after fall from hospital window, Russian media report

Not only in Russia, BUT
YES

In Wall Street Crash of 1929 many jumped out of windows .. this time stakes are Trillions of $$$ , maybe $ 100 Trillion could evaporate, many worthless companies still having market cap of Billions.
More apologist attempts at misdirection.

"Clutching at straws" now.

Financial types jumping out of windows after the Wall Street Crash of 1929 is a myth.

It was a very popular urban myth as people who had lost everything during the crash wanted it to be true.
Most of the suicides were regular investors who had been wiped out financially.

How many financial types committed suicide after the Great Financial Crash of 2008?

Anyways, the current global superbubble in financial instruments has nothing to do with the ongoing political assassinations by defenestration, and other means, in Russia.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Typhoon wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:33 pm
Heracleum Persicum wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:17 pm

Not only in Russia, BUT
YES

More apologist attempts at misdirection.

"Clutching at straws" now.

Financial types jumping out of windows after the Wall Street Crash of 1929 is a myth.

It was a very popular urban myth as people who had lost everything during the crash wanted it to be true.
Most of the suicides were regular investors who had been wiped out financially.

How many financial types committed suicide after the Great Financial Crash of 2008?

Anyways, the current global superbubble in financial instruments has nothing to do with the ongoing political assassinations by defenestration, and other means, in Russia.
Lack of windows is not the problem.
https://fox59.com/news/national-world/b ... g-suicide/
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:54 pm
Lack of windows is not the problem.
https://fox59.com/news/national-world/b ... g-suicide/
Willing to bet that there will be far more meme-stock sucker, pardon me, investor suicides than those of meme-stock company management.

Perhaps he was demonstrating the strength and security of the building windows
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

There have been several of these public suicide falls from perilous height in recent memory not related to bankruptcy. Also many suicides by hanging oneself from a doorknob.

Bankruptcy not being a real financial loss in modern business, I suspect these are actually murders designed for media publicity. The method is a signature of sorts.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/ ... 022-09-06/

I dont know what West was thinking when thought Russian economy will collapse or fall

ALL Russia exports are essentials what all the world needs .. Oil, gas, LNG, Aluminum (need lots of electricity) Nickel, Wheat and and and

Russia does not export technical stuff that can be sanctioned .. World needs badly all Russian exports .. all

https://www.csis.org/analysis/japan-inv ... ng-project

https://financialpost.com/pmn/business- ... n%20Friday.

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News ... lin-2.html

Russia nationalized the previews japan/Russia JV and made japan sign on the doted line of the new Russia LNG company

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

HP, the intent is to make sure Russia and Germany do not get together and control Eurasia. German manufacturing and Russian resources are a full house in the geopolitical poker game.

Kazakstan was a huge and unexpected loss to the West, and Belarus aggravated that loss. The Ukraine was supposed to be a western extension into Eurasia, but now it is just a big sunflower plantation.

https://americandiplomacy.web.unc.edu/2 ... ers-world/

Teresa of Ávila
Heracleum Persicum

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:35 pm
HP, the intent is to make sure Russia and Germany do not get together and control Eurasia. German manufacturing and Russian resources are a full house in the geopolitical poker game.

Kazakstan was a huge and unexpected loss to the West, and Belarus aggravated that loss. The Ukraine was supposed to be a western extension into Eurasia, but now it is just a big sunflower plantation.

Hat tip NH .. you 20/20 eye sight

Yes , true

Which 2 nations were "supposed" to be "f*cked" by Ukraine fiasco ? Germany and Russia

Germany was always and will always be # 1 Industrial civilization in the world .. Germany and Russia in Bed (forget China, India , Iran joining) would be unbeatable, Anglos will be diminished.

Anglos were planing all this .. BREXIT was part of the plan to cut Germany to sizes ..

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-39380606

Germans had lost World War Two but the UK was now giving them the "opportunity to win the peace".

"I find that quite unacceptable," he told the House Magazine.

The whole thing now backfiring .. was a mistake

Same mistake British did when 1920 Germans offered that Germans and Brits share the colonial resources "brotherly", and, Brits said NO

Result was Brits lost all colonies and soon be sitting next to Spain and Portugal.

EuroAsia is he next frontier, already lost to West.

Turkey, Iran, India know this .. so does Japan

Others, bit by bit, getting the message
Heracleum Persicum

Why Putin is still so popular in Russia
Polls suggest leader’s appeal has grown since Ukraine war amid popular perceptions the West wants to keep Russia down

During the early stages of Vladimir Putin’s “special military operation” in Ukraine, there was speculation in the western media that his days as Russian leader were numbered.

Russian oligarchs were supposedly going to shed their loyalty to Putin’s regime as their assets and yachts were seized in the West. The wider Russian population would soon feel the economic pain of sanctions and be unwilling to accept the growing death toll for Russian forces in Ukraine.

Russian public opinion polls have suggested an increase in Putin’s popularity after the invasion. Support for the war itself is not as high as Putin’s overall approval rating — but he can still count on majority support for the invasion.

Additionally, the Russian economy has remained surprisingly robust — to a considerable extent helped by the sanctions meant to damage it.

By denying themselves Russian oil and to a lesser extent gas, European countries contributed to an increase in oil and gas prices that has buoyed the Russian coffers.

:lol: :lol:

and

Putin and Chinese President Xi Jinping plan to meet next week in Uzbekistan .. wouldn't be astonished if Mullah drop in :lol:
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:26 pm
Nonc Hilaire wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:35 pm

Hat tip NH .. you 20/20 eye sight

Yes , true

Which 2 nations were "supposed" to be "f*cked" by Ukraine fiasco ? Germany and Russia

Germany was always and will always be # 1 Industrial civilization in the world .. Germany and Russia in Bed (forget China, India , Iran joining) would be unbeatable, Anglos will be diminished.

Anglos were planing all this .. BREXIT was part of the plan to cut Germany to sizes ..

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-39380606

Germans had lost World War Two but the UK was now giving them the "opportunity to win the peace".

"I find that quite unacceptable," he told the House Magazine.

The whole thing now backfiring .. was a mistake

Same mistake British did when 1920 Germans offered that Germans and Brits share the colonial resources "brotherly", and, Brits said NO

Result was Brits lost all colonies and soon be sitting next to Spain and Portugal.

EuroAsia is he next frontier, already lost to West.

Turkey, Iran, India know this .. so does Japan

Others, bit by bit, getting the message
Brits still have their colonies but covertly. All countries with a central bank are subjects of the Crown.

US is split into two interlocked governments. 1) a Federal democratic corporation and 2) a constitutional republic of united individual states.

The gazprom shutoff crisis was timed to be resolved before winter.

Teresa of Ávila
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

v7IrB_6mX4k
Doc

Post by Doc »

Parodite wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:34 am v7IrB_6mX4k
Apparently the left has gotten "The Soviet Story" age restricted on youtube Meaning that unless you sign into Youtube, with a credit card I suppose, you can't see the video on Youtube

Here is a copy on Vimeo
https://vimeo.com/12943642

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

Looks like Russia will make referendums in 4 regions of Ukraine during this week

They will join Russian federation becoming Russia territory

After that any aggression to these territories will be recognized as against Russia.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:14 am Looks like Russia will make referendums in 4 regions of Ukraine during this week

After that any aggression to these territories will be recognized as against Russia.
Romania also talking about the Ukraine ceding territory. https://dailynewshungary.com/romanian-r ... o-hungary/

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:14 am Looks like Russia will make referendums in 4 regions of Ukraine during this week

I went to a war and a silly movie broke out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRwCPUEND1U

kRwCPUEND1U

:D
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:42 pm

Romania also talking about the Ukraine ceding territory. https://dailynewshungary.com/romanian-r ... o-hungary/
A Romanian talking, a man by the name of Andrei Marga, not "Romania" in any official capacity, afaik. From your linked article:
On Saturday, the Bucharest press took note of the statement by Marga, who previously also ran the Romanian Cultural Institute (ICR), which most called “shocking” and “provocative”. Many recall that years ago, he was found by the Commission of Inquiry to have collaborated with the Romanian communist secret service and to have been a Securitate informer under the alias Horia.
Source: dailynewshungary.com https://dailynewshungary.com/romanian-r ... o-hungary/
Doc

Post by Doc »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:42 pm

Do you really think because Russia declares Parts of Ukraine are actually parts of Russia that it will be allowed to stand?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... neral.html
EXCLUSIVE: America WILL retaliate with 'a devastating strike' against Russia's Black Sea Fleet or bases in Crimea if Putin follows through on threat to use nuclear weapons in Ukraine, US Army's former European commander warns
In a chilling address to Russia, Putin threatened the West with nuclear weapons, saying: 'I'm not bluffing'
Retired US Army General Ben Hodges, says its 'unlikely' Moscow will order a nuclear strike upon Ukraine
BUT he warns if it does, America could blast Russian military facilities in Crimea with a deadly missile strike
In the firing line could include the Sevastopol naval base and Putin's prized Black Sea fleet of warships
By TOM COTTERILL FOR MAILONLINE and CHRIS PLEASANCE FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 06:09 EDT, 21 September 2022 | UPDATED: 11:35 EDT, 21 September 2022

America will retaliate with 'a devastating strike' against Russia's military if Vladimir Putin uses nuclear weapons in Ukraine, the United States Army's former European commander has warned.

Retired Lieutenant General Ben Hodges today said any response by America 'may not be nuclear' but warned that if Putin were to use nukes in Ukraine that the US could look to 'destroy the Black Sea Fleet or destroy Russian bases in Crimea'.

His comments come after the Russian premier sent shockwaves around the world, as he announced the 'partial mobilization' of his reserve military forces to continue his murderous invasion of Ukraine.

And in a chilling warning directed squarely at Western and Nato leaders, desperate despot Putin insisted he would use 'all means' necessary to defend swathes of territory seized or set to be annexed by Kremlin forces before threatening to use nuclear weapons.

'If there is a threat to the territorial integrity of our country, and in protecting our people we will certainly use all means to us - and I'm not bluffing,' he then added during his televised address to the Russian people on Wednesday morning.

Gen Hodges, who commanded the US Army in Europe between 2014 and 2018, stressed the 'possibility' of Putin ordering a nuclear strike on Ukraine was 'very unlikely'.

But he said the use of any strategic weapons of mass destruction would be met with a swift and severe reaction from President Joe Biden.

Retired Lieutenant General Ben Hodges, who commanded the US Army in Europe between 2014 and 2018, said the chance of Putin nuking Ukraine was 'very unlikely'

The US could launch 'devastating strikes' on Russian military targets in Crimea and the Black Sea, pictured, if Putin nukes Ukraine, a former US Army commander has warned today

But if nuclear weapons were fired, Gen Hodges said the US could seek to attack military bases in annexed Ukrainian territory and Russia's prized Black Sea Fleet

'He [Putin] knows the US will have to respond if Russia uses a nuclear weapon,' Gen Hodges told MailOnline.

'The US response may not be nuclear...but could very well be a devastating strike that could, for example, destroy the Black Sea Fleet or destroy Russian bases in Crimea.

'So, I think President Putin and those around him will be reluctant to draw the US into the conflict directly.'

In a scathing attack on the West, Putin today falsely accused Nato of seeking to launch 'military action on to Russian territory'.

Speaking from behind a wooden desk, Putin told Russian viewers on state-controlled television: 'In its aggressive anti-Russian policies, the West has crossed all lines.

'We constantly hear threats against our people and some irresponsible politicians in the West are talking about not just providing Ukraine with long-range military systems that will be able to hit Russia - that is already happening, we're talking about the border regions, in Belgorod and systems using strategic drones, planes, doing reconnaissance across the south.

'There are plans in Washington and Brussels to move the military action on to Russian territory.

'There are not just talking about Russia being destroyed on the battlefield, they are talking about political, cultural, and all other types of sovereignty with complete pillage. Now they're talking about nuclear blackmail.'

Vladimir Putin has today threatened to nuke the West over Ukraine, as he announced plans to annex occupied parts of its territory to the Russian mainland
+15
View gallery
Vladimir Putin has today threatened to nuke the West over Ukraine, as he announced plans to annex occupied parts of its territory to the Russian mainland

Potential areas of attack for the US, if Russia does launch a nuclear strike, could include the naval port of Sevastopol on Crimea's western coast, which has been occupied by the Kremlin's forces since the peninsula was annexed in 2014.

Worried, Moscow has already moved some of its Kilo-class attack submarines from the Crimean peninsula to southern Russia over fears of them being struck by long-range Ukrainian fire, according to British intelligence.

In a daily briefing on Tuesday, the UK's Ministry of Defence said those submarines had 'almost certainly' been moved to Krasnodar Krai in mainland Russia, instead of a naval base at Sevastopol on the Crimean peninsula.

The move comes as Putin faces the possible collapse of his so-called 'special military operation' after a stunning Ukrainian counter-attack last week which has seen Russian forces in the north-west driven back over the Ukrainian border.

With reported manpower issues and a critical shortage of military gear, Putin doubled-down on his assault of Ukraine, announcing the 'partial mobilization' of 300,000 military reservists - a first in Russia since the Second World War - and referendums in occupied areas of Ukraine to make them part of Russia.

Referendums will be held in Donetsk and Luhansk - which together make up the Donbas - as well as occupied Zaporizhzhia and Kherson.

The White House on Tuesday rejected these plans to hold referendums in parts of Ukraine and said Moscow, branding the Kremlin's plans as 'shams with no legitimacy.'

Jake Sullivan, President Joe Biden's national security adviser, called the referendums an affront to principles of sovereignty and territorial integrity.

At the UN General Assembly, Biden is set to say the invasion is an affront to the heart of what the international body stands for as he looks to rally allies to stand firm in backing the Ukrainian resistance.

Mr Sullivan said: 'He´ll offer a firm rebuke of Russia´s unjust war in Ukraine and make a call to the world to continue to stand against the naked aggression that we´ve seen these past several months.

President Biden salutes before boarding Air Force One at Andrews Air Force Base on his way to New York to attend the United Nations General Assembly, today. He will face pressure over how he will react to Putin's threat of deploying nuclear weapons in Ukraine

'He will underscore the importance of strengthening the United Nations and reaffirm core tenets of its charter at a time when a permanent member of the Security Council has struck at the very heart of the charter by challenging the principle of territorial integrity and sovereignty.'

Putin accused the West of trying to 'divide and destroy' Russia, and warned: 'Those trying to blackmail us with nuclear weapons should know that the tables can turn on them.'

The move puts him on a collision course with Kyiv and its Western allies who have already said that attacks to liberate areas under Russian control will not stop, and the results of any 'sham' referendums will not be recognized.

But the Russian leader's decision also hints at the struggles his military is having trying to get enough troops to the front-line.

Estimates of the Russian casualties cannot be confirmed. However, Ukraine's Defense Ministry this morning claimed more than 55,000 of Moscow's troops had been 'eliminated'. While the Institute for the Study of War yesterday suggested up to 80,000 Russian troops had been either killed or wounded.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Indeed, one should laugh.

What that clown does not know about Ukraine, E Europe, and Russia could fill the Atlantic ocean.

_____
The Economist | Putin’s desperate measures

For months President Vladimir Putin reassured the Russian people that his “special military operation” in Ukraine was going to plan. But on Wednesday he announced a “partial mobilisation”, meaning that Russians with army experience or in the reserves may be conscripted.

The announcement projects desperation. Sergei Shoigu, the defence minister, claims fewer than 6,000 soldiers have died in Ukraine. But he also said that 300,000 more would be mobilised. That would be a larger force than that which first invaded Ukraine in February.

Mr Putin promised draftees “additional military training”. But many of the officers who could deliver that are dead, wounded or already on the front lines. And mobilisation is unpopular. On Tuesday night internet searches for “how to leave Russia” rocketed. As Russia discovered in 1917, when the Bolshevik revolution toppled the monarchy, giving arms to people who do not wish to fight can be risky.

Reuters | Flights out of Russia sell out fast after Putin orders partial call-up
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:18 am Indeed, one should laugh.

What that clown does not know about Ukraine, E Europe, and Russia could fill the Atlantic ocean.

_____
The Economist | Putin’s desperate measures

For months President Vladimir Putin reassured the Russian people that his “special military operation” in Ukraine was going to plan. But on Wednesday he announced a “partial mobilisation”, meaning that Russians with army experience or in the reserves may be conscripted.

The announcement projects desperation. Sergei Shoigu, the defence minister, claims fewer than 6,000 soldiers have died in Ukraine. But he also said that 300,000 more would be mobilised. That would be a larger force than that which first invaded Ukraine in February.

Mr Putin promised draftees “additional military training”. But many of the officers who could deliver that are dead, wounded or already on the front lines. And mobilisation is unpopular. On Tuesday night internet searches for “how to leave Russia” rocketed. As Russia discovered in 1917, when the Bolshevik revolution toppled the monarchy, giving arms to people who do not wish to fight can be risky.

Reuters | Flights out of Russia sell out fast after Putin orders partial call-up
https://www.newsweek.com/how-break-arm- ... on-1744830
'How to Break Arm' Becomes Top Google Trend as Russians Face Conscription
BY JAMES BICKERTON ON 9/21/22 AT 5:44 AM EDToogle searches for "how to break an arm at home" surged in Russia after President Vladimir Putin announced a partial mobilization of the population to fight in Ukraine.

The Russian president said conscription would only be applied to reservists, with the decree taking effect on Wednesday.

Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, who spoke after Putin's address to the nation, said 300,000 men with "previous military experience" would now be called up.

Shortly after Google searches for "как сломать руку в домашних условиях," or "how to break an arm at home," exploded across Russia, sparking speculation some Russians could take extreme measures to avoid fighting in Ukraine.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Why Putin’s Russia can't win (and only more people lose):

- Ukraine national identity and anti-Russian sentiments had a triple boost. Ukrainians will never stop fighting.

- Even more Ukrainians now want to belong to Western Europe, EU and NATO than before.

- NATO has decided to continue support Ukraine with weapons and money. Despite forces in the West that question the wisdom of that decision (both on the left and right) it is unlikely this will change anytime soon.

- Sweden and Finland join NATO.

- NATO territory re-enforcing its borders with weapons and troops.

- All EU nations want to spend more on defense. Notably Germany, which can’t pretend to be a people of die-hard pacifists under all circumstances forever. At one point WW2 guilt and shame has been paid for with decent behavior. Like all territorial monkeys also Germans will demand a robust national army.

- Putin now needs a partial mobilization which creates more internal tensions in Russia, more civilians protesting and being detained. Political instability ahead in Russia.

- All affiliates of Putin inside and outside of Russia are at risk of being assassinated by Ukrainian or other operatives.

- Critics of Putin risk being killed by Putin’s closest and still loyal security circles.

- No exit strategy for Putinis available which means he has no choices left but to continue where he is heading: a dead end street.

- With more slaughter of Russian conscripts, Ukrainian fighters and civilians, with more destruction of Ukrainian infrastructure and no final victory for Putin in sight, his own position becomes more and more vulnerable.

- Putin can throw around threats of pushing nuclear buttons but knows that it won’t deter anyone at this point. And that really using them will be the end of his own miscalculated endeavors as well for all hell will break loose.

- China will do the calc: should they twist Putin’s arms to stop, given that a pending global economic doom for everybody is also around the corner? The CCP and all those in China who now have enjoyed, tasted the riches and bling-bling of capitalism don’t want to lose it all in one streak by supporting a Russian madman that might give us all that last push over the edge.

- The coming years Western Europe+USA will move to energy independence. Nuclear energy will be back on the map.

- Russia can do business with other countries but many of them can’t be called stable and reliable either. To lose the West as a customer is really a big price to be paid.

- Putin now is for as long as he lives a persona non-grata in the West. Grooming big daddy Panda and some monkey Mullah beards in Iran, is all true love left for him.

- Putin is 70 years old and looks like a man under enormous stress, possibly having serious health issues by the looks of his latest performance on TV announcing his partial mobilization. Adolf H. and J. Staling did a much better job motivating and scaring the masses. Vlad resembles old toast topped with smelly sardines.

- More ethnic tribes in Russia will smell a chance to reclaim old identities and borders, which further destabilizes Russia.
Heracleum Persicum

It is always good to know what the other side sayin

https://www.rt.com/news/563474-lavrov-unga-world-order/

Lavrov speaks at UNGA

Change of global order : The West’s exceptionalism has fueled multiple aggressive wars over the past decades, but the world order is changing

1 ) Russia’s security proposals “arrogantly” rejected by the West

The ongoing conflict in Ukraine is largely a result of the inability of the collective West to negotiate with Russia and address its security concerns, Lavrov told the UNGA. All the repeated attempts to establish the rules of co-existence made by Moscow have been ignored, he said.
“We have repeatedly proposed over the years to agree on the rules for coexistence in Europe based on the principle of equal and indivisible security, approved at the highest level of OSCE documents. We made our last proposal to make this principle legally binding in December 2021, to which we received an arrogant refusal,” Lavrov stated.

2 ) Ukraine is expendable for the US

Ukraine has become a mere tool for Washington to maintain its global dominance and target Russia, the top diplomat believes.

Western media continues to ignore how Ukraine is using NATO weapons to kill innocent civilians in the DonbassREAD MORE: Western media continues to ignore how Ukraine is using NATO weapons to kill innocent civilians in the Donbass
“It is evident to any unbiased observer: For the Anglo-Saxons, who have completely subjugated Europe, Ukraine is simply expendable material in the fight against Russia. NATO declared our country a direct threat on the path to total US dominance, and named China as a long-term strategic challenge,” Lavrov told the UNGA.
The minister further elaborated on the matter at the press conference after his speech, stating that Moscow already views the US and its NATO bloc as parties to the ongoing conflict in Ukraine. Recently, Ukrainian military has admitted that the Pentagon chooses its targets, he explained.
“What is this if not a direct participation in aiming of deadly weapons and participation in the war?” Lavrov asked.

3 ) Referendums in breakaway Ukrainian regions are in line with Kiev’s wishes

Russia’s top diplomat also touched upon the ongoing referendums in the Donetsk (DPR) and Lugansk (LPR) People’s Republics, as well as in the Russian-controlled parts of the Zaporozhye and Kherson regions. While the vote has already triggered a “tantrum” in Ukraine and in the West, with the G7 vowing even more anti-Russian sanctions, the referendums are actually fully in line with Kiev’s wishes, Lavrov suggested.

The people living there are essentially only reacting to what President Zelensky recommended for them to do in one of his interviews in August 2021. Back then, he advised everyone who feels Russian to ‘go to Russia’ for the benefit of their children and grandchildren. That’s what the residents of said regions are doing now, taking their lands, on which their ancestors lived for centuries, with them.

4 ) US exceptionalism has reached ‘godlike’ level

Following the collapse of the Soviet Union, Washington’s strive for global domination and exceptionalism has reached an unprecedented height, resulting in multiple aggressive wars and claiming lives of “many hundreds of thousands” of people worldwide, Lavrov stated.
“Having proclaimed victory in the Cold War, Washington elevated itself almost to the rank of the messenger of God on earth, with no obligations, but only ‘sacred’ rights to act with impunity, as it pleases and anywhere,” Lavrov said.
Any nation can fall victim to Washington’s ambitions should it somehow anger the “self-styled masters of the world,” Lavrov warned. That fate has befallen the people of Yugoslavia, Iraq, Libya and other countries, he added.

5 ) EU is sliding into a dictatorship

EU Commission head issues veiled threat to ItalyREAD MORE: EU Commission head issues veiled threat to Italy
The EU, while being “subjugated” by the US, is showing the same symptoms of exceptionalism and arrogance, Lavrov believes. The minister recalled fresh remarks by European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen, who threatened Italy with consequences should right-wing candidates sweep to power, as indicated by polls, in Sunday’s election.
“This is arrogance, sense of impunity, exceptionalism. Only they have the right to make judgments. What Mrs. von der Leyen said about the Italian elections was astounding,” Lavrov told reporters, adding that he did not recall such threats made by an EU leader before.
“The European Union, in principle, is becoming an authoritarian, rigid, dictatorial entity,” the top diplomat said.

6 ) End of unipolar world is coming

Despite all the effort made by the US, its era of dominance is ending and the unipolar world is crumbling, Lavrov said. He added that the future of the world order is being decided now. The question is whether said order will be with “one hegemon, forcing everyone to live according to its notorious ‘rules’ that are beneficial only to itself,” or will be a truly “democratic, just world without blackmail and intimidation of objectionable people, without neo-Nazism and neo-colonialism,” the diplomat said, adding that Moscow firmly stands by the second option.

https://www.rt.com/russia/563476-sergey ... h-ukraine/

By refusing to negotiate, the US and NATO left Moscow no choice but to launch its military operation in Ukraine, FM Sergey Lavrov said
Years of NATO encroachment on Russia and the West’s refusal to negotiate over Ukraine left Russia “no choice” but to launch its special military operation, Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov told the UN on Saturday. However, Lavrov added that Russia is now shaping “the future of the world order.”

“The US and its allies want to stop the march of history,” Lavrov declared from the podium in New York, describing how in the aftermath of the Cold War, Washington appointed itself “almost an envoy of God on earth,” launching foreign conflicts at will and expanding the NATO alliance deeper into Eastern Europe.

The shifting of NATO’s borders to the east and its official declaration of interest in the Indo-Pacific region mean that the US-led bloc “now has the goal of subjugating the Asian area,” Lavrov stated. However, it was the West’s refusal to negotiate over Ukraine that led Russia to fight back, he continued.

“The West watched in silence as the coup plotters started bombing the east of Ukraine,” he said, referring to Kiev’s attacks on the Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics even after the Minsk agreements had been signed in 2014 and 2015.

Were we supposed to put up with Kiev’s attempt to ban the Russian language, education, Russian media and culture? The demands of chasing Russians out of Crimea? The declaration of war against the Donbass, the population of which was declared not human beings, but ‘creatures’ by both the former and the current Kiev’s authorities?

Once the US and NATO rejected a Russian-proposed security deal for Ukraine, Moscow had “no choice but to recognize the independence of the Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics and start a special military operation,” Lavrov said, adding that “any sovereign self-respecting state would do the same, a state that understands its responsibility to its own people.”

Seven months into that operation, and with Russia recently announcing the mobilization of some 300,000 additional troops, Lavrov told the assembly that “the future of the world order is being decided,” with the US-led “unipolar” model “receding into the past.”

It is important to see what the other side says .. Western media , NYT , WSJ , FT dont report these things

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

2019 RAND white paper on Russian engagement.

https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_repo ... l#download

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

https://www.geo.tv/latest/443772-russia ... r-response
Russia abandons Ukrainian bastion, Putin ally suggests nuclear response
An Ukrainian soldier looks out from a tank, amid Russias invasion of Ukraine, in the frontline city of Lyman, Donetsk region, Ukraine April 28, 2022. — Reuters
An Ukrainian soldier looks out from a tank, amid Russia's invasion of Ukraine, in the frontline city of Lyman, Donetsk region, Ukraine April 28, 2022. — Reuters
Ukraine's recapture of Lyman deals Moscow major setback.
Chechen leader suggests use of low-yield nuclear weapon.
Lyman is key logistics hub in eastern Donetsk region.
KYIV: Russia said on Saturday its troops had abandoned a key bastion in occupied eastern Ukraine, a stinging defeat that prompted one of President Vladimir Putin's most hawkish allies to call for Russia to consider resorting to low-grade nuclear weapons.

The fall of Lyman came just a day after Putin proclaimed the annexation of four Ukrainian regions - including Donetsk, where Lyman is located - and placed them under Russia's nuclear umbrella, at a ceremony that was condemned by Kyiv and the West as an illegitimate farce.

"In connection with the creation of a threat of encirclement, allied troops were withdrawn from the settlement of Krasny Liman to more advantageous lines," Russia's defence ministry said, using the Russian name of the town.

The statement ended hours of official silence from Moscow after Ukraine first said it had surrounded thousands of Russian troops in the area and then that its forces were inside the town of Lyman.

Ramzan Kadyrov, the leader of the southern Chechnya region who describes himself as a footsoldier of Putin, said he felt he had to speak out after the loss of the territory.

"In my personal opinion, more drastic measures should be taken, right up to the declaration of martial law in the border areas and the use of low-yield nuclear weapons," Kadyrov wrote on Telegram.
>>Te kremlin refers to Ukraine as "The borderlands"

Other top Putin allies, including former president Dmitry Medvedev, have suggested Russia may need to resort to nuclear weapons, but Kadyrov's call was the most urgent and explicit.

Putin said last week he was not bluffing when he said he was prepared to defend Russia's "territorial integrity" with all available means, and on Friday made clear this extended to the new regions that Moscow has claimed.

Washington says it would respond decisively to any use of nuclear weapons and has spelled out to Moscow the "catastrophic consequences" it would face.

'We're already in Lyman'
The Russian defence ministry's statement made no mention of its troops being encircled at Lyman, diverging starkly from Ukraine's version of events.

"The Russian grouping in the area of Lyman is surrounded," Serhii Cherevatyi, spokesperson for Ukraine's eastern forces, said hours earlier.

He said that Russia had 5,000 to 5,500 troops at Lyman but the number of encircled troops could be lower because of casualties. He confirmed Ukraine was inside the town later that afternoon.

"We're already in Lyman, but there are battles," he said.

Two grinning Ukrainian soldiers taped the yellow-and-blue national flag on to the "Lyman" welcome sign at the town's entrance in Donetsk region's north, a video posted by the president's chief of staff showed.

"Oct. 1. We're unfurling our state flag and establishing it on our land. Lyman will be Ukraine," one of the soldiers said, standing atop a military vehicle.

Neither side's battlefield assertions could be independently verified.

Logistics hub
In his comments, Kadyrov launched a blistering attack on Colonel-General Alexander Lapin, the commander overseeing Lyman, who he derided as a "mediocrity". Kadyrov also said he personally had warned Russia's army chief, General Valery Gerasimov, of a looming disaster.

"The general assured me he had no doubts about Lapin's talent for leadership and did not think a retreat was possible in ... Lyman and its surroundings," he said.

Russia has used Lyman as a logistics and transport hub for its operations in the north of the Donetsk region. Its capture is Ukraine's biggest battlefield gain since a lightning counteroffensive in the northeastern Kharkiv region last month.

The Ukrainian military has said its capture would allow Kyiv to advance into the Luhansk region, whose full capture Moscow announced at the beginning of July after weeks of slow, grinding advances.

"Lyman is important because it is the next step towards the liberation of the Ukrainian Donbas. It is an opportunity to go further to Kreminna and Sievierodonetsk, and it is psychologically very important," Cherevatyi said.

Donetsk and Luhansk regions together make up the wider Donbas region that has been a major focus for Russia since soon after the start of Moscow's invasion on Feb. 24 in what it called a "special military operation" to demilitarise its neighbour.

Putin proclaimed the Donbas regions of Donetsk and Luhansk and the southern regions of Kherson and Zaporizhzhia to be Russian land in Friday's ceremony - a swathe of territory equal to about 18% of Ukraine's total surface land area.

Ukraine and its Western allies branded Russia's move as illegal. Kyiv vowed to continue liberating its land of Russian forces and said it would not hold peace talks with Moscow while Putin remained as president.

Retired US General Ben Hodges, a former commander of the US Army in Europe, said a Russian defeat in Lyman after Putin's declaration would be a major political and military embarrassment for the Russian leader.

"This puts in bright lights that his claim is illegitimate and cannot be enforced," he said.

It remained to be seen how Ukrainian commanders would exploit the rout, he said, adding it likely would further erode the morale of Moscow’s troops holding other Ukrainian territory.