The Donald....the newest savior.....

Doc

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Post by Doc »

I wondered why Bezos was going after Trump so hard through the WaPo, Now I know

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/13/trump-sa ... oblem.html
Trump says Amazon.com has 'a huge antitrust problem'
4 Hours AgoReuters
Mark Lyons | Getty Images

U.S. Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said on Thursday that Amazon.com, the world's biggest online retailer, has "a huge antitrust problem."

In an interview on Fox News, Trump also said Amazon Chief Executive Jeff Bezos, who owns the Washington Post, is using the newspaper to influence politicians in Washington to help Amazon on taxes.

"This (Washington Post) is owned as a toy by Jeff Bezos, who controls Amazon. Amazon is getting away with murder tax-wise. He's using the Washington Post for power so that the politicians in Washington don't tax Amazon like they should be taxed," Trump said.

"He's using the Washington Post ... for political purposes to save Amazon in terms of taxes and in terms of antitrust," Trump said.

"He thinks I'll go after him for antitrust. Because he's got a huge antitrust problem because he's controlling so much, Amazon is controlling so much of what they are doing," Trump said.

Amazon did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
YMix

Post by YMix »

Doc wrote:Different culture and politicians. I am pretty sure you understand America as nothing but a bunch of cowboys just like Hitler did. ;)
Yeeehaw, baby!
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

YMix wrote:
Doc wrote:Different culture and politicians. I am pretty sure you understand America as nothing but a bunch of cowboys just like Hitler did. ;)
Yeeehaw, baby!
:lol:

Americans are cowboys, Europeans are Hitler. ;)

that world view has served so many, so well, for so long, why change now?
noddy

Post by noddy »

and heres me thinking this was humour.

ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

YMix wrote:
Mr. Perfect wrote:Not really, you invoked Hitler, thereby minimizing the Holocaust and many other things. That is morally now on your record.
Better work on your reading skills.
And you have it wrong, Trump ultimately blames the government for these problems and is advocating economics that you have advocated before.
Trump blames "the elite", whatever that is, and advocates whatever sounds good to him on the spot.
Trump doesn't blame anyone; a vocal subset of his votaries express those kind of sentiments, but they haven't come from Trump. This 'elite' idle chatter is coming from...the chatterers trying to get ahead of the Trump Train. Trump himself has never framed it as elite vs podunks, not yet (I certainly can see him batting it out there in the future if he thinks it'll improve his numbers.) He has done the outsider vs insider thing but, that's not the same thing.

He, of course, is running on how successful and elite he is- he's made YUGE deals for himself (the proof is in the garishness,) and now he's going to make YUGER deals for everyone else.

And of course he advocates what's good to him on the spot- he's a businessman with a highly pragmatic streak- it's not for nothing that his only dealings with politicians in his life has been in regards to how fungible they can be. He's an opportunist, which is par the course for political candidates.

I should add though that even as an opportunist, he has been pretty consistent about his concerns over trade deals, doing something about immigration, and foreign entanglements. His opinions about those issues have changed with the circumstances in an organic manner but its apparent that is what he cares about.
Last edited by NapLajoieonSteroids on Fri May 13, 2016 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

noddy wrote:and heres me thinking this was humour
Well, it's still a better map than that of the Swiss :mrgreen:

NapLajoieonSteroids

Alexis wrote:
noddy wrote:and heres me thinking this was humour
Well, it's still a better map than that of the Swiss :mrgreen:

Why is North Africa named after the Roman gods?
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:Why is North Africa named after the Roman gods?
For the same reason that America if it was on this map would be named Alpha Centauri, and Japan would be Sirius. :)
NapLajoieonSteroids

Alexis wrote:
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:Why is North Africa named after the Roman gods?
For the same reason that America if it was on this map would be named Alpha Centauri, and Japan would be Sirius. :)
ah, gotcha. grazie ;)

edit: nah, the problem with the internet is it's no good at tongue-in-cheek. ;)
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

The Grauniad | Donald Trump supporters are not the bigots the left likes to demonise
It is time to stop the hysterical moralising and try to understand why mainstream US politics is so unappealing.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

After this most recent clean up in thread 3443, a reminder

The Simple Forum Rules

Any exceptions belong in Hell.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
manolo

Post by manolo »

:lol: Folks,

The Trump/Miller ticket.

I am wondering. If it is confirmed that Donald is both Trump and Miller, will they both be named on the ticket?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

Alex.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

manolo wrote::lol: Folks,

The Trump/Miller ticket.

I am wondering. If it is confirmed that Donald is both Trump and Miller, will they both be named on the ticket?

Alex.
Yawn.

Now if Trump was like the great Pessoa who wrote under seven distinct heteronyms [pseudonyms]*, now that would be interesting.

*If memory serves, one of his collects works was titled "I and all the other I's".
manolo

Post by manolo »

Typhoon wrote:

The Trump/Miller ticket.

Alex.
Yawn.
Typhoon,

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/13/polit ... ake-press/

It is good to see the media doing it's job, but of course this story is of no interest to Trump apologists.

Alex.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

manolo wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

The Trump/Miller ticket.

Alex.
Yawn.
Typhoon,

It is good to see the media doing it's job, but of course this story is of no interest to Trump apologists.

Alex.
Agreed. As scandals go, this one is more funny than scandalous. A typhoon in a teacup.

Of little interest except to Clinton apologists.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote:
manolo wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

The Trump/Miller ticket.

Alex.
Yawn.
Typhoon,

Alex.
Agreed. As scandals go, this one is more funny than scandalous. A typhoon in a teacup.

Of little interest except to Clinton apologists.

I wonder how they will apologize for this:

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
manolo

Post by manolo »

Typhoon wrote: Agreed. As scandals go, this one is more funny than scandalous. A typhoon in a teacup.
Typhoon,

Maybe, but if a politician can be shown to consistently change stories in order to get themselves out of trouble, some voters might see this as a negative.

Alex.
NapLajoieonSteroids

manolo wrote:
Typhoon wrote: Agreed. As scandals go, this one is more funny than scandalous. A typhoon in a teacup.
Typhoon,

Maybe, but if a politician can be shown to consistently change stories in order to get themselves out of trouble, some voters might see this as a negative.

Alex.
Is that really a good place to lay stakes?

Trump's self promotion vs...

well we can start with her firing from capitol hill in the 70s for being a liar and work our way through here....
NapLajoieonSteroids

The interesting bit is that if this is all the Pinch's Times can find on Trump, you may as well get the parade route set.
Doc

Post by Doc »

manolo wrote:
Typhoon,

Alex.
If you like your trouble you can keep your trouble

Pkqn6wsrUfs
noddy

Post by noddy »

accusing the donald of self promotion is deadly serious!

i find it very very hard to believe he would do such a thing.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

Black man talks about his fear of the hate at Trump Rally.

03Bt6b8PPP0
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

nbjVrm6XS_A

Don't go to Iran
manolo

Post by manolo »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:
Is that really a good place to lay stakes?
Nap,

You won't be the first to have compared political candidates.

Alex.
manolo

Post by manolo »

Folks,

Donald Trump wants to talk to North Korea's leader. Well, that's no surprise. Don and Kim have such a lot in common: self interest, self publicity and bouffant hair! :lol:

Lovely.

Alex.