Trump wins!

NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: Trump wins!

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Simple Minded wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:01 pm
Parodite wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:06 am
Doc wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:23 pm What is going on with "Ukraine" WRT to Trump is actually quite simple to understand:
There are no grounds for impeachment, but Biden's son working for Burisma is also sort of a nothing burger. But Ukraine-gate will be like Russia-gate: all that will come of it is Dems shooting themselves in the foot once again, where in time more and more people people will realize it was the same dems and their "friends" in the media and in the intelligence services who accuse Trump of what they themselves have been doing. This will not go away in the post-Trump era and be used in future political battles against the dems probably quite succesfully. Lies don't tend to have very long life expectancy. No matter the intensity of the assault, facts and truth have some very durable qualities and enough people will always be hungry for them.
One of the most interesting aspect of modern US politics is how the Dems and the MSM can take an arrogant, obnoxious, jerk like Trump and make him almost likable by turning him into a victim that people can empathize with. While trying to claim victim status as their personal brand to market, they have turned Trump into the awkward kid every knew or could identify with that was often getting bullied.

Trump reminds me of the kid who finds the pain of getting beat up is superseded by the joy of knowing that you irritated your attackers to the point where they lost their temper.
One of the many mystifying frameworks is how Trump is described as some sort of shadowy figure out of nowhere that no one was able to vet.

Meanwhile, he's been one of the most famous men in the biggest media market dating back to the late 70s. And he's never exactly been a wallflower.

He was so shadowy, several famous movie characters have been based on him-- including Biff from the Back to the Future series and the Daniel Clamp character in Gremlins 2. Or caricatures of him, at least. Caricatures of him as unsophisticated, vain, vulgar; sometimes an intentional bully, sometimes so dumb and socially awkward that he's almost inculpable. A symbol of the nouveau riche of the Reagan fascism.

There was a story, very likely apocryphal, floating around some time ago that Melania Trump before marrying the President accompanied him to some high society party, and kept hearing the phrase "white trash" being thrown around. And she turned to Mr.Trump and asked him what it meant exactly, and he replied, "White trash is what I am but without money."

There is truth to all of the above, plus I'd add a very deep selfishness that lampoons like the Biff character doesn't capture. He's also a serial adulterer, capriciously cruel, a mama's boy, a cheapskate (at best) or a man who shirks a bill whenever he can; I'm sure if we opened his books, we'd find he used every loophole in the world to avoid paying taxes like he does with contractors. His business record is mixed, though I think it is equally ignorant to dismiss how successful he has been. One of his bankers said it best, "Donald Trump is a prick who lost us a lot of money, but we kept doing business with him because he made more money for us than he lost."

There is a lot of ridiculousness to him, a lot of needless fighting and a need for chaos; and as noddy said some time ago, which has stuck with me, is that he's not a statesman- something we probably need.

But those aren't so easy to come across. And why so much of what they are trying to stick upon the President misses the mark.

He's like a funhouse mirror to them- Cynical, crafty&cunning, evasive, cosmopolitan...this fits a whole lotta D.C. residents better than it does President Trump. And that last quote, "Trump reminds me of the kid who finds the pain of getting beat up is superseded by the joy of knowing that you irritated your attackers to the point where they lost their temper," really nails it.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Excellent summary Napster.

For some, any attention, no matter how negative is better than being ignored. Perhaps the psychological term is masochistic narcissist?

During my late teens, one of my friend's father was notorious for having a short fuse and a violent temper. For some reason he liked me. Maybe because he knew my Dad's had his tendencies to an even greater degree. I tried my best to irritate the crap out of him in order to make him lose his temper and expose his facade as a calm, sophisticated, erudite, executive. But he knew what I was up to and would never give me the satisfaction of "winning" by losing his temper. Even my friend's mother would look aghast, while waiting for the volcano to erupt. I suspected that he liked me because I enjoyed kicking his cage, trying to evoke a response.

It was a remarkable display of self-discipline and overcoming one's inherent weakness.

My friend used to say "You're nuts! Quit f**king around with my Dad before he gets violent and hurts you." His older brother replied "Nah. You're safe. With Dad, any attention, even negative, is better than no attention."

I think that Trump could not care less about winning re-election in 2020. He made his point. He is in gadfly mode. The only thing he will not do is step aside. The Republicans did not back him as president, so if he loses in 2020, the the Repubs lose seats in the house and senate, so what? The Republican ship sinks for another few election cycles, no biggie! Republicans never accept him as part of "we" in the Republican Team.

I hope he wins in 2020, just to see what lame duck POTUS Trump does for an encore. :D
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump backfire (Politico 01/11/2017)

And: (26 aug. 2018)

NT3trjSB7IM

Glenn Beck now (OK..it maybe has a bit too much oily Sauce du Beck covering it all... but not bad on content as to make a case for the need to investigate all this stink.

kuvfYE7ZdL0

And AG Barr is traveling around to dig up more facts about the origins of Russia-gate. Keep the pop-corn ready.

The left/democrat soul is at the onset of a total mental break down. Trump Derangement Syndrome just a start. Their cognitive dissonance will burn deeper and deeper and evolve into a state of psychotic violence.
Deep down I'm very superficial
NapLajoieonSteroids

Simple Minded wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:24 pm Excellent summary Napster.

For some, any attention, no matter how negative is better than being ignored. Perhaps the psychological term is masochistic narcissist?

During my late teens, one of my friend's father was notorious for having a short fuse and a violent temper. For some reason he liked me. Maybe because he knew my Dad's had his tendencies to an even greater degree. I tried my best to irritate the crap out of him in order to make him lose his temper and expose his facade as a calm, sophisticated, erudite, executive. But he knew what I was up to and would never give me the satisfaction of "winning" by losing his temper. Even my friend's mother would look aghast, while waiting for the volcano to erupt. I suspected that he liked me because I enjoyed kicking his cage, trying to evoke a response.

It was a remarkable display of self-discipline and overcoming one's inherent weakness.

My friend used to say "You're nuts! Quit f**king around with my Dad before he gets violent and hurts you." His older brother replied "Nah. You're safe. With Dad, any attention, even negative, is better than no attention."

I think that Trump could not care less about winning re-election in 2020. He made his point. He is in gadfly mode. The only thing he will not do is step aside. The Republicans did not back him as president, so if he loses in 2020, the the Repubs lose seats in the house and senate, so what? The Republican ship sinks for another few election cycles, no biggie! Republicans never accept him as part of "we" in the Republican Team.

I hope he wins in 2020, just to see what lame duck POTUS Trump does for an encore. :D
No, I do not see it that way.

President Trump wants to win- have you ever listened to the man? He talks about "winning" more than a football coach. What he loves most of all is to position himself in situations where he wins no matter the outcome.

And the idea that he's motivated by spite is absurd. When you said, "Trump reminds me of the kid who finds the pain of getting beat up is superseded by the joy of knowing that you irritated your attackers to the point where they lost their temper," I was focusing on it as strategy, not as psychological motivation.

It's a matter of fact that the man cares very little about what other people think. And as long as he's "winning" in one way or another, he obviously feels he doesn't have to.

I'd add that this is the primary social irritant among the Washington elite. Almost down to the lowest beaucract, they have been selected to their positions because they care very much about what other people think, they are pathologically other-directed.

The joy of them losing their temper is that it produces a winning outcome where their other-directedness is focused on being under him; and not the satisfaction that they need to pay attention to him, or some change in social dynamics.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:52 pm
It's a matter of fact that the man cares very little about what other people think. And as long as he's "winning" in one way or another, he obviously feels he doesn't have to.

I'd add that this is the primary social irritant among the Washington elite. Almost down to the lowest beaucract, they have been selected to their positions because they care very much about what other people think, they are pathologically other-directed.

The joy of them losing their temper is that it produces a winning outcome where their other-directedness is focused on being under him; and not the satisfaction that they need to pay attention to him, or some change in social dynamics.
I can agree with this part. Time will tell. It will be fascinating to see how 2020 rolls out. I might be mistaken, it might be the Republicans who could not care less wether Trump wins re-election or not. So many incestuous relations in DC, I doubt he has many allies. As Truman said "If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog."

I suspect the irritation is it's own reward, winning re-election is icing on the cake for him. I bet he sleeps like a baby.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

So it appears that the question if there was a quid pro quo will be on Giuliani to answer if he is made to testify under oath. With enough room to wiggle-spin/tell the truth he will say that:

1. Trump did not put on hold money for the Ukraine as a way to force-bribe them into investigating Biden&Sons specifically, but to make sure that Zelensky was serious about fighting corruption in his own country like the Obama admin did. Which is also Trumps alibi.

2. Trump asked Zelensky to look at Ukrainian interference in the US election of 2016. Which would of course implicate the DNC and the usual suspects in the intelligence community once again as part of the already ongoing investigation into Russia-gate and the Dems+Faulies play there. Which is the reason why the Dems are now screaming like pigs at Trump who is bringing them closer to the slaughter house every day. They know it instinctively.

Giuliani comes off to me as a somewhat reckless driver who may hurt Trump with un unintended little unfiltered mishap remark, but then there is Trump who seems to have a cunning instinct for how to walk a tightrope and have everybody fall off who tries to step-on hoping to push him off.

Trump seems indeed obsessed with winning, it is his core instinct. Not surprised if the reptile (no offense) parts of his brain already calculated if-and-how to throw Giuliani off the rope and under the bus. It seems to be less about Trump wanting his people to be "loyal" - which would be way too sentimental. He just keeps people who are of enough value for winning his battles, those who don't he simply fires or sidelines. And he loves the fight.

Does he really care about the USA, or is it all about Trump after all? I'm afraid only God knows. Unnamed whistle-blowers aqa hear-sayers from Mount Meta-physical tell me that for Trump it is mostly about Trump, but that the Gods saw in him a tool alias prescription-drug to get the USA out of the swamp and back on track.

The Orange Pill, with its bitter and repugnant taste... exposes, it draws to the surface what was below already. It also creates a variety of withdrawal symptoms when the intricate network of tubes that supply the swamp are bit by bit being closed off. Included an autoimmune disease response within left-dem culture and politics, usually called the Trump Derangement Syndrome.

"Immune system disorders cause abnormally low activity or over activity of the immune system. In cases of immune system over activity, the body attacks and damages its own tissues (autoimmune diseases). Immune deficiency diseases decrease the body's ability to fight invaders, causing vulnerability to infections"

I think the Gods only whispered two sentences into Trumpsky's brain: "Go drain the swamp. Just be You."
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Well said Parodite.

the three things I like most about Trump are:
1. He is an iconoclast.
2. He is a human wrecking ball or hand grenade. Invite him to any meeting, and kiss the agenda goodbye.
3. He is like a caricature of all previous politicians (like Saturday Night Live actors) without actually being a member of either oligarch tribe. He will dynamite their scared temples at the drop of a hat.

"That's why I dynamited Cordtlandt!"

That may be what the pols hate about him most, "He's not us, but mocks us, and we don't get it."
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Simple Minded wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:46 pm Well said Parodite.

1. He is an iconoclast.
2. He is a human wrecking ball or hand grenade. Invite him to any meeting, and kiss the agenda goodbye.
3. He is like a caricature of all previous politicians (like Saturday Night Live actors) without actually being a member of either oligarch tribe. He will dynamite their scared temples at the drop of a hat.

That may be what the pols hate about him most, "He's not us, but mocks us, and we don't get it."
Indeed! "Why/how can this disgusting thing called Trump defeat us...again, and again. Either I'm blind, stupid.. or he is even more Evil than everybody thought!" Two very nasty options... and Trump put them there of course. Trump is doings things to me I don't even notice! Such cunning evil.. :P @Metoo needs more evidence of rape.
Parodite

Leaked! Trump farewell speech 2024

Post by Parodite »

I just received this hearsay in my email inbox!

Dear fellow Americans,

Thank you for the faith you had in me during the last 8 years. We achieved so much and are back on track! Healing can begin, my job is done.

9/11 threw us almost into the abyss. It was a dagger smashed into our hearts and souls. Many of us went nuts. We also lost some of our ways as a culture and nation. It opened up cracks that were already there. A creepy Left came out that infiltrated the Democrat party. Fortunately it turned out mere squeaky noise, as the last elections proved. Very little real meat. Most Americans are not crazy.

For many I have been sort of a mystery. So I will try to explain myself.

We Americans all love combat, competition. The freedom to fight, strive and be able to say whatever we want. For a while it was like we'd prefer to shut up the other side. If only we could make them disappear. But it has always been my conviction that at the end of the day we don't want to loose each other. Because this spirit of competition and freedom, enshrined in our constitution, is what will always make and keep America great! The tougher the fight, the more we should celebrate it. Because again it proved that as a people we can fight the most ugly battles with words, debate ideas, try keep the rule of law fair and factual, embrace and respect our democratic process... instead of resorting to guns, bullets and bombs.

I know that my personality scared the sh*t out of many of you. You hate me for what I am. That me, of all people, defeated your first Queen crooked Hillary. A fighter who primarily seeks his own glory, who always wants to win. True: I like ethics especially when it makes me money. But you have been looking in the mirror and didn't like what you saw. I'm not much different from you, just not very good at pretending to be something I am not. Which exposed your own hypocrisies, the social masks you wear. The self-righteous faces of many of your democrat politicians try to look like Jesus, Mother Theresa or John F. Kennedy. I can assure you they are not. They are blood hounds just like me. They know it; they just don't want you to know. Because it is how they learned to do politics.

The way I deal with people is different because those masks mean very little to me. I have no focus for them, can't concentrate very long on what is not real. I read others the way a dog reads people, or other dogs. I am a fighter, but not one who likes real blood. I don't enjoy physical violence at all and know most of you don't either. When I see somebody in real pain, something in me becomes very silent and attentive to that person. I don't know if that is empathy.

Yes, I don't mind bullying others verbally and if necessary legally because I know they do the same. Somebody who can't handle being called or framed an a**hole or crook and doesn't have the resources to engage in Law-fare when necessary... won't survive very long in politics. I especially love to bully bullies! You don't think I have been bullied by the media during the last 8 years? But I was more than OK with it. It is just punching air waves. It makes good television and generated the votes I needed. Don't deny you enjoyed it! You wanted to be entertained and got what you asked for.

As for my policies, I simply did what I thought was best for our country. Which was to get our economic engines roaring, staying out of wars and stopping illegal immigration. Bringing down our national debt is for the next generation.

Stay well and well entertained,

The Real Donald J Trump
Last edited by Parodite on Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Juno

Post by Juno »

Simple Minded wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:46 pm Well said Parodite.

1. He is an iconoclast.

he is more the antithesis than the caricature of standard politicians. In my lifetime, no politician, EVER, has fulfilled more of his campaign promises and platform than Trump. Strip away the bread and circuses and the clamor, and his legacy will outlast them all, because he is actually doing what he said he would, which not a single one of them ever did, or intended to do.

This is why his base is loyal. We could give a genuflect about style points. We're done with talk talk talk. Talk won't move the needle anymore.
Proud Member International Brotherhood of Bullfighters, Rodeo Clowns, and Barrelmen, Local 17
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

The most heard explanation of why the Dems are on this impeachment track with Shifthy Shiff in the driver seat, is that "it is the only remaining way to stop Trump from re-election". (But is that technically true? If Trump would not only get impeached but also kicked out after a vote in the Senate, could he not run again for POTUS?)

An alternative explanation is that their main motive right now is not to stop Trump, but to create enough noise/distraction from the coming results of the IG report on FISA abuse and the criminal investigation by Barr and Durham into Democrat politicians and suspects Comey, Clapper, Brennan re. Russia Gate and now Ukraine Gate.

If stopping Trump were the main objective, the Dems behavior makes no sense whatsoever. It is a clever game of self-defence. They use the obsessions over Trump and his assumed innocense by his supporters to have them use all bandwith in the MSM defending Trump.

Hannity of Foxnews is a good example. He defends his Trump like no other. Breaking news after breaking news of the latest unfair attacks on his President, explained as a mere desperate attempt by the Dems to remove Trump and get back the controls and power in GVT. I think Hannity couldn't be more wrong. They don't care if Trump is re-elected, and for the most part expect that to happen anyways. They are trying to save their own butts from criminal prosecution, jail time and/or ending in the history books connected with one of the greatest political scandals in US history. With the involvement of agents of other nations participating in the scandal like the UK, Italy and Australia, and.. lo and behold.. the Ukraine...
NapLajoieonSteroids

Parodite wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:34 am The most heard explanation of why the Dems are on this impeachment track with Shifthy Shiff in the driver seat, is that "it is the only remaining way to stop Trump from re-election". (But is that technically true? If Trump would not only get impeached but also kicked out after a vote in the Senate, could he not run again for POTUS?)

An alternative explanation is that their main motive right now is not to stop Trump, but to create enough noise/distraction from the coming results of the IG report on FISA abuse and the criminal investigation by Barr and Durham into Democrat politicians and suspects Comey, Clapper, Brennan re. Russia Gate and now Ukraine Gate.

If stopping Trump were the main objective, the Dems behavior makes no sense whatsoever. It is a clever game of self-defence. They use the obsessions over Trump and his assumed innocense by his supporters to have them use all bandwith in the MSM defending Trump.

Hannity of Foxnews is a good example. He defends his Trump like no other. Breaking news after breaking news of the latest unfair attacks on his President, explained as a mere desperate attempt by the Dems to remove Trump and get back the controls and power in GVT. I think Hannity couldn't be more wrong. They don't care if Trump is re-elected, and for the most part expect that to happen anyways. They are trying to save their own butts from criminal prosecution, jail time and/or ending in the history books connected with one of the greatest political scandals in US history. With the involvement of agents of other nations participating in the scandal like the UK, Italy and Australia, and.. lo and behold.. the Ukraine...
How about this- the Democratic Party doesn't have the votes, more precisely the electoral votes, to consistently win the White House. But they do have enough people to stack the House of Representatives and win the Senate from time to time. The point is to damage the office so thoroughly that the Executive loses power. Not exactly a new goal, but the dynamics of the branches have been out of whack for a while and we're starting to feel it when these power games are a foot.

Impeachment is being used as a vote of no confidence as if we adhered to the Westminister system and the President were a Prime Minister.

This is an awfully dangerous and damaging game to our constitutional order. Now, the Democrats will say that the Republicans started it with the impeachment of Bill Clinton, and right now I'm not going to quibble over it because right now there is greater disaster on the horizon, and no clear way out of it.

We cannot impeach a sitting President because we dislike his hairdo. We cannot have no- nothing bureaucrats running around undermining every government they dislike. We cannot have the Executive branch running everything off of executive orders and "special programs." And the bar and judiciary are a toxic waste dump right now.

The whole order is teetering; and we have a series of economic, cultural and international issues to deal with. No one in the world is going to give the US a break because times are tough.
noddy

Post by noddy »

you aint seen nothing yet.

ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:16 am you aint seen nothing yet.

Hey! Thanks for the headache! :)

Here is part of the problem:

or this:

The point being, that it isn't even an argument over there being a problem; for a lot of people, in their heart of hearts, we are in some sort of condoned apartheid system in need of elimination.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

"we" are a bunch of racists. "we" will go to war against racism.
Hmmmmm.... is the second "we" made up of the same bunch of people as the first "we?"
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:52 pm No, I do not see it that way.

President Trump wants to win- have you ever listened to the man? He talks about "winning" more than a football coach. What he loves most of all is to position himself in situations where he wins no matter the outcome.
Yes.
And the idea that he's motivated by spite is absurd. When you said, "Trump reminds me of the kid who finds the pain of getting beat up is superseded by the joy of knowing that you irritated your attackers to the point where they lost their temper," I was focusing on it as strategy, not as psychological motivation.
Spite is among his many motivations. Works for me.

I like it so far.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Colonel Sun wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:58 pm Taki's Mag |Understanding the Impeachment Charade
Sadly, Nadler and Pelosi were right in 1998. Republicans should not have impeached Clinton, and they paid the price.
It's very strange that this meme has any legs, the GOP retained the House and Senate in 1998 and then held all 3 branches after the 2000 election.

I can see where you could say that impeachment was not popular at the time but nobody has showed me where the GOP "paid a price".
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Colonel Sun wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:31 pm Et tu, Sondland?

The Spec | Trump's impeachment now a certainty
Lol the Spectator didn't watch the hearings.

rYwe_K9Dxios
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

Here's something by Jimmy Dore, not sure if it's where the above link was supposed to point:

rYwe_K9Dxio
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

That was it thanks.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Parodite wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:34 am The most heard explanation of why the Dems are on this impeachment track with Shifthy Shiff in the driver seat, is that "it is the only remaining way to stop Trump from re-election". (But is that technically true? If Trump would not only get impeached but also kicked out after a vote in the Senate, could he not run again for POTUS?)

Democrats are just stupid.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Oddly Hitler wasn't a white nationalist. I remember very well he went to war against white nations.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:14 am

Oddly Hitler wasn't a white nationalist. I remember very well he went to war against white nations.
He was, as I recall, he was an Aryan nationalist, even though he wasn't an Aryaan. Unlike Jeffery Epstein he killed himself
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros