The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Mr. Perfect

Re: The eternal US elections - 2016 edition

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I'll check news until early afternoon then I won't touch anything till about 9 pm eastern. Trump loss. He has to win too many coin tosses and it catches up with you. A sad day and a sad future.
Censorship isn't necessary
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Mr. Perfect wrote:I'll check news until early afternoon then I won't touch anything till about 9 pm eastern. Trump loss. He has to win too many coin tosses and it catches up with you. A sad day and a sad future.
It may very well be true that he loses, I'll give you that; but man, despair is never good.

You've been down this whole election just waiting to throw in the towel. I think you've called this election 'over' more than CNN has; yet here we are, polls opening up soon and we still have a puncher's chance. A guy like Trump that was always going to be what it came down to after the #nevertrumpers decided to sit on their hands and moan- a gamble. It was still a better strategy than what almost all the other people running for the Republican nomination were offering. Here, for the first time in decades, the Republicans actually had someone who could work around the media...he even gave the Democrats a bloody nose! The Democrats would've eaten most of the other guys alive before the convention. A lot of energy, good and bad, will come out from this and lines are clearly defined. That's not going away. And if it's truly the end, then that presents the opportunity to reassess and start something new. He just has to stay close enough, now.

I know you want to crawl into a hole and die but now's not the time for cowardice. :)
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Bro, they are going to legalize tens of millions of Mexicans. Lol find something new in that. I'll be watching with a tanker truck of popcorn as the bombs fall and the people starve.

You never got to live in Reagan's America, so you dont understand what we are losing.
NapLajoieonSteroids

I mean for chris'sake: the opposition thought it was a good idea to run a half-dead termagant with no skills and a history of screw-ups as the standard bearer for the party. They have no one else waiting in the bullpen even half as formidable.

They are out of ideas, they are dying off, and this whole wikileaks thing will have repercussions for them going forwards.

The #NeverTrumpers are looking increasingly like a spent force too- there is not enough of them to build a platform around.

These people are suffering a bad conscience and they will wake up one day to find 20th century solutions don't mean squat in the 21st century. They are not the future, for good and ill.

Whether people want to do it the easy way or the hard way, a'change is a coming; even Hillary can't put that back in the bottle.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Mr. Perfect wrote:Bro, they are going to legalize tens of millions of Mexicans. Lol find something new in that. I'll be watching with a tanker truck of popcorn as the bombs fall and the people starve.
It's a comedy that the two parties have wasted three decades trying to engineer a special new demographic in their likeness and image. I don't think half of these political strategists have met a Mexican, much less anyone of who can check off the Hispanic descent box.
You never got to live in Reagan's America, so you dont understand what we are losing.
The problem with Reagan's America was that no one was interested in picking up the ball and running down field with it. Instead, you guys wasted 30 years forming a Reagan-cargo cult and turning it from live-momentum into a museum piece. That's on your lot. I can't miss something already gone.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Nevertrumpers are 3-5% of the electorate. A pathetic protest vote. It's irrelevant. 10s of millions of democrats will be legalized shortly most of them would vote for the current el presidente of Venezuela. People from that region vote for that type decade after decade, century after century. This was it bro. I credit you for your efforts this time around but the roots of this go back to 2008.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: It's a comedy that the two parties have wasted three decades trying to engineer a special new demographic in their likeness and image. I don't think half of these political strategists have met a Mexican, much less anyone of who can check off the Hispanic descent box.
Doesn't really matter.

The problem with Reagan's America was that no one was interested in picking up the ball and running down field with it. Instead, you guys wasted 30 years forming a Reagan-cargo cult and turning it from live-momentum into a museum piece. That's on your lot. I can't miss something already gone.
I voted republican in 2008. I have clean hands.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

The only bright side is I thought Kerry would win in 2004, on election day, and RCP electoral map still looks good. I think Trump will win NH, which could be the difference.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Voting for a codger who shouldn't be near a public office higher than dog-catcher isn't something to brag about.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

I've been hearing nevertrumpers saying the same thing. there is only one rule in life and it is always always always under every circumstance get the Republican into office. Always always always get the Democrat out of there. If you get the occasional clunker republican you just find a better Republican. It's so easy. It couldn't be any easier.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Mr. Perfect wrote:I've been hearing nevertrumpers saying the same thing. there is only one rule in life and it is always always always under every circumstance get the Republican into office. Always always always get the Democrat out of there. If you get the occasional clunker republican you just find a better Republican. It's so easy. It couldn't be any easier.
If it were so easy, John McCain wouldn't have been the nominee. Ditto Mitt Romney.

...and all the Jeb! and Rubio love convinced me these big money bigwigs are suicidal and have no clue what they are doing.
NapLajoieonSteroids

...meanwhile, Donald Trump made Mike Pence and Reince Priebus cool. The Karl Rove set would've spent the election making them so uncool that they'd have been buried under binders full of women by this point.

The common Republican strategy since 1988 [outside the madman Newt Gringrich push] has been to talk about how much you resemble another man (now deceased) and being sorry for having to run as a Republican and even elucidate anything that may be sorta popular with the conservative base. [see: Romney, Mitt]

If Al Gore didn't start going through male menopause and John Kerry wasn't such a disaster, the Republicans would've been out of the executive office since Bush I.

That's on Bush père- big mistake letting that guy have the keys.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

All that typing and no plan for victory. If you can't figure out how to vote for a republican every time what is it exactly you can figure out.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:...meanwhile, Donald Trump made Mike Pence and Reince Priebus cool. The Karl Rove set would've spent the election making them so uncool that they'd have been buried under binders full of women by this point.

The common Republican strategy since 1988 [outside the madman Newt Gringrich push] has been to talk about how much you resemble another man (now deceased) and being sorry for having to run as a Republican and even elucidate anything that may be sorta popular with the conservative base. [see: Romney, Mitt]
Now you sound like Limbaugh during his lucid moments.

Repubs campaigning as "demo lights" or "we're driving over the same cliff 5 mph slower than them" doesn't seem to win many elections.

They always seem like gun shy dogs when it comes to dealing with the media or interfacing with the voters.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

31FFTx6AKmU
Deep down I'm very superficial
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

And they're off . . .

2016 Presidential Election Results

e3GKiRp333w
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

If the whiter of the two candidates wins, it reinforces Zack's opinions about racism and white privilege in the US.

Blue areas would be the areas with the highest concentration of racists.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Wow. Bloodbath.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Trump 129 Hillary 97 Trump is winning the popular vote by 1.5 million
Last edited by Doc on Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Electoral night here on a French news channel.

An adviser of Democrats abroad - France is interviewed, she answers in good French... but my God, what is she saying! :shock:
- Answering to questions about those of her compatriots who support Trump: They are not my compatriots.
- Question about how she understands the fact that ca. 45% of Americans are voting Trump: I disagree, it's only a majority of Republicans who are voting Trump, not 45% of Americans
- Question about how it is possible to reconcile Americans after the election: for that, Clinton must win because she is a unifier, while if Trump wins he will divide everybody

As the journalists - as pro-Clinton as they are - have commented: it's worrying to hear that, while after the election if Clinton wins she would need to hear and try to answer to the worries of the pro-Trump. Not to say "these are not my compatriots" :?
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Alexis wrote:Electoral night here on a French news channel.

An adviser of Democrats abroad - France is interviewed, she answers in good French... but my God, what is she saying! :shock:
- Answering to questions about those of her compatriots who support Trump: They are not my compatriots.
- Question about how she understands the fact that ca. 45% of Americans are voting Trump: I disagree, it's only a majority of Republicans who are voting Trump, not 45% of Americans
- Question about how it is possible to reconcile Americans after the election: for that, Clinton must win because she is a unifier, while if Trump wins he will divide everybody

As the journalists - as pro-Clinton as they are - have commented: it's worrying to hear that, while after the election if Clinton wins she would need to hear and try to answer to the worries of the pro-Trump. Not to say "these are not my compatriots" :?
Thanks Alexis. Please keep your observations coming.

No surprise here. Sounds like one of my Left Preaching Right Practicing (LPRP) associates is being interviewed. No better behaved, just willing to spule the chic lexicon in order to sound enlightened/superior.
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Simple Minded wrote:No surprise here. Sounds like one of my Left Preaching Right Practicing (LPRP) associates is being interviewed. No better behaved, just willing to spule the chic lexicon in order to sound enlightened/superior.
Note that the representative of Republicans abroad - France, whose French was a little less good, looked by constrast like a sensible woman.

---

Looks good for Trump in Florida, Georgia, Ohio, Virginia (!) and North Carolina.

The suspense will last for long hours, I suspect.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Alexis wrote:Electoral night here on a French news channel.

Alexis this is the way it always is here. I don't think I have posted this here But it explains in one picture the American left.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

I would call this... a thriller. CNN is getting nervous!
Deep down I'm very superficial
NapLajoieonSteroids

Here's the problem: the counting has mysteriously slowed in always problematic Broward County (Florida) and in a county in Virgina (can't remember off the top of my head)- both of those counties are historically big on Democrats.

Something really fishy about it. I hope Trump and the RNC are on top of that because it's starting to look like they are trying to find every vote possible to upset in those two states.