Israel

Typhoon

Re: Israel

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:48 pm There is obvious agitprop to create support for a widespread war and it emanates from Netanyahu and his globalist buddies.
Aren't you missing a traditional pejorative euphemism? Should that not be "cosmopolitan globalists".
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:57 am
Typhoon wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:19 am Meanwhile among the US chattering and ruling classes . . .

Harvard Crimson | Harvard Students Doxxed, Groups Withdraw Signatures Amid Continued Backlash to Israel Statement

Some Harvard students are learning a most important lesson, one that apparently was not taught to them by their parents or overpriced Harvard faculty, that actions have consequences.

ZH | "Your Position Is Clear" - Musk Slams Terrorist-Supporting BLM Posts

Crickets?
No idea who the OP is, but that is an interesting and, to the best of my knowledge, an original perspective.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Heracleum Persicum

Re: Breathe again [Re: Israel]

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Parodite wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:48 pm So far I have not heard one new line of commentary or idea that we haven't heard before.

True

Well, Parodite, here a "new idea"

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Nfi4k9sKiBU

Heracleum Persicum

Look, Jewish history in Europe is well known

Pretty much until 1850 things clear

Emancipation of European Jews.jpg
Emancipation of European Jews.jpg (62.89 KiB) Viewed 1873 times

Not even 85 yrs later, Holocaust

Well, now, Europeans have a "duty" to put all aside and get together to solve the Palestinian and Jewish issue

Outcome must be a safe and secure home for Jewish and Palestinian people.

Staying aside and hoping that Israeli would "crash" Palestinians if only the bad bad mad mullahs would let it happen, silly and an insult to Arabs as if they need Iranian leadership

Antony Blinken said, there no evidence Iran has anything to do with this

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/08/blinken ... srael.html

Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:00 pm Palestina delenda est.

vel alio modo per
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:40 pm
Parodite wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:48 pm So far I have not heard one new line of commentary or idea that we haven't heard before.

True

Nothing new either, on the contrary. He is an durian ever since he started open his mouth.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Doc

Post by Doc »

True

SO HP what other genocidal movements do you support?

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Heracleum Persicum

noddy wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:15 am Its a multi polar world now, Iran no longer cares what the west thinks and when they shout "death to israel, death to the west" they mean it , Hamas is just their fun toy.

its going to get uglier, everyone is going to escalate from now on.

If West want to disarm mad mullahs, West should arrange peace between Pali and Israel .. make 2 state solution reality, fair for both side

If so, mad mullahs will have no traction anymore

Slogans, shouting, :lol: , worthless
Heracleum Persicum

Parodite wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:09 pm

True

Nothing new either, on the contrary. He is an durian ever since he started open his mouth.

:lol: :lol: ..

A good one .. He a Durian .. :lol:

Best is answer to what he says, or dont say anything
Heracleum Persicum

Doc wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:11 pm

True

:lol: :lol:

Poor Typhoon, he has to deal with all this

Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heracleum Persicum

Parodite wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:09 pm

True

A tragedy

You basically saying European knew this is their duty but did not care, basically this view not new for Europeans .. and anybody reminding them of this is a Durian
Parodite

Dr. Inkblot [Re: Israel]

Post by Parodite »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:48 pm There is obvious agitprop to create support for a widespread war and it emanates from Netanyahu and his globalist buddies.
Along similar lines and worth watching, although they go sooo slow it gave me impatient feet. :)

The Israel Attacks: Beyond the Obvious with Efrat Fenigson

What I expect to be the case is that the globalist elephant in the room is not much of a conspiracy, more like the confluence of organic streams that nobody controls.

Not the big banks, not the corporate media, not nation states or groups of nation states with shared interests. Not a cabal of career politicians left and right or their corporate sponsors. It just happens to be that these big streams naturally come together without design or plan, where sometimes small changes in flow direction can have effects downstream, like suddenly generate a local avalanche on the slopes of hill nr 231-c. Was there a conspiracy to cause that avalanche? Most certainly not. Simply because nobody is in control of any or all events.

Psychologically it is understandable that when you try zoom out to see a bigger picture, something starts to have the appearance of a huge face in the sky. A Rorschach inkblot in your mind morphing into a boogey man with an evil plan when you look at what happened in the south of Israel. Which basically is the same process the creates images of God or Satan in our heads.

Always fascinated by ants from a young age. Or termites. How do those small insects manage to create such huge and ingenious master pieces of hive construction, engage in team-work so complex and miraculous it makes you wonder.... how the ef does that work?

I don't believe in non-local holistic quantum voodoo. What appears to me to be happening is that "the small create the big". Creation is emanating from a fountainhead where all causal arrows go from small-now to big-later (see the space-time correlation).

Free will is not an illusion, some causal power can be assigned to human decision making and free choice. It may be a small power and nearly insignificant but in the model of a small-now ---> big-later fountainhead, it is clear that small free-willed choices can make serious differences in the future. Most small events dissolve in the noise but some causal streams that have their origin in freely made choices can confluence when they spread and stream out into the future.

So rather than obsessing about global forces we don't really see or understand exactly... it is better to pay attention to the small things and moments that leave the fountainhead's mouth. The elephant in the room are those millions of small creepy crawlers that make up BB, the Big Boogeyman. BB has no mind, it doesn't think, it has no plan. Just shadows on the wall, but I can see the profile of Klaus Schwab there, alias Dr. Inkblot.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Parodite: I agree on free will. In this case, it is Netanyahu’s free will that is operant. I don’t know exactly what he did, but he definitely did it. He owns this one.

On conspiracy, all politics is conspiracy and history is replete with successful conspiracies.

The main feature of human intelligence is pattern recognition, so we are not going to escape forming false narratives unless we stop thinking.

We are improving at identifying government sponsored narratives and picking out where the propagandists are manipulating our free will. Overall a positive trend.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:26 pm

True

Please don't bother expressing faux concern for me.

I suggest that it's your back that you should be watching.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:39 pm . . .

On conspiracy, all politics is conspiracy and history is replete with successful conspiracies.

The main feature of human intelligence is pattern recognition, so we are not going to escape forming false narratives unless we stop thinking.

We are improving at identifying government sponsored narratives and picking out where the propagandists are manipulating our free will. Overall a positive trend.
If there is one thing that humans excel at,
then it is perceiving patterns in random images, sequences, and events, i.e., where none exist.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Heracleum Persicum wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:22 pm
noddy wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 12:15 am Its a multi polar world now, Iran no longer cares what the west thinks and when they shout "death to israel, death to the west" they mean it , Hamas is just their fun toy.

its going to get uglier, everyone is going to escalate from now on.

If West want to disarm mad mullahs, West should arrange peace between Pali and Israel .. make 2 state solution reality, fair for both side

If so, mad mullahs will have no traction anymore

Slogans, shouting, :lol: , worthless
whats that about ?

The west has no power to organise such nonsense, the Arab world doent care what the west thinks.

The west doesnt really care about Israel either, its just politically expediant in some circles for geopolitical reasons.

The arab world doesnt care about palestine either, its not a real country, its trouble makers and millitants snuck in from other countries mostly , hardly any original palestinians left, they are just playthings for geopolitical games from both sides.

which leaves us with the facts.

Israel is paranoid and brutual, borderline fascist, it keeps the "palestinians" caged because it worries if they get out of the cage they will unleash a hellstorm of rapists and murderers and missiles - which is true, so not paranoid

Palestine is a refugee camp of mischief makers and struggling locals, borderline terrorist psychos , it keeps attacking the Israelis because they keep it crushed under the boot of their army and worry Israel will destroy them if given half a chance - which is true, so not paranoid.

both sides are perfectly correct, neither side can risk the other side, their is a situation that cant be handled with trust.

I would tend to support the Israelis because in the grand scheme of things, the Arab response has been psycho bullshit since day one, its just rascist ranting and hatred.

still, wouldnt personally lift a finger either way - place was a hell hole before i was born, if it doesnt get glassed, I think it will be a hell hole after I die.
ultracrepidarian
Heracleum Persicum

Quatar is biggest backer of Hamas

Financially and politically

Quatar hosts both :

- Biggest USA military base .. Al Udeid Military Base
- Headquarter of Hamas with its chief Mr Haniehe

Quatar finances Hamas since 20 years

If you are a major LNG supplier to the world, and have unlimited $$$$$, You can do whatever you want

Ruler of Quatar is right now on state visit in Berlin .. Being shmoozed by President of Germany

AlJazira is government owned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RovEtt36Kqs

Last edited by Heracleum Persicum on Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heracleum Persicum

Typhoon wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:13 pm
Heracleum Persicum wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:26 pm

True

Please don't bother expressing faux concern for me.

I suggest that it's your back that you should be watching.

No "faux" but real concern

For civilized debate facts must be answered with facts

Unjustified "Ad hominem" responses, immature and rude, must be disciplined

There no need to watch my back as smart readers know HP means good
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Typhoon wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:00 pm
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:57 am
Typhoon wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:19 am Meanwhile among the US chattering and ruling classes . . .

Harvard Crimson | Harvard Students Doxxed, Groups Withdraw Signatures Amid Continued Backlash to Israel Statement

Some Harvard students are learning a most important lesson, one that apparently was not taught to them by their parents or overpriced Harvard faculty, that actions have consequences.

ZH | "Your Position Is Clear" - Musk Slams Terrorist-Supporting BLM Posts

Crickets?
No idea who the OP is, but that is an interesting and, to the best of my knowledge, an original perspective.
He's no one in particular; merely a working lawyer out of LA. It's a great way to articulate a familiar pattern.
NapLajoieonSteroids

I do not want to see the full brunt of this falling on the Palestinian Christian community and to another extent the Druze community, both which are captives to two hostile sides. And the patterns of these wars, and one of many reasons they continue, is that always end up driving out the minority populations while solidifying some sort of political-ideological unity among the aggressors.

If we are speaking plainly about picking sides, that's where I'm at. The whole thing is a mess and I very much rather not see Jews and Muslims blow each other up, but at the moment they both have powerful allies and support these other groups do not. The majority of the Palestinian population was Christian at the time of the British mandate. These people, long there, and with as much right to the forever grievance pot luck as any one else, didn't get beamed up by aliens. I do not think it too clever by half to suggest that British and European policy in the region was always geared towards eliminating these communities with rival claims on their religious authorities- religious authorities captured under imperial policy and so a matter of imperial power. Indirectly supporting that minority we can place under the heading of 'Muslim fanatics' as a unifying force in the region has been of European interest as much as helping (or getting rid of depending on how one wants to parse it) Jews establish a homeland outside of their diaspora.
Last edited by NapLajoieonSteroids on Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Heracleum Persicum

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/10/11/israel- ... inues.html

U.S. intelligence showed Iranian leaders were surprised by Hamas’ attack on Israel, sources told NBC News

Some Iranian media saying, Only Russia materially benefits from this .. there no real benefit for Iran in this, in contrary.

https://asiatimes.com/2023/10/israel-ga ... for-putin/

and

Not far fetched if Russia involved .. for Russia this legit war strategy as it drains Western firepower and energy in Ukraine.

https://www.politico.eu/article/hamas-g ... 0in%201967.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... n-ukraine/

--

My guess would be that Israel (and US and Europe) know this .. but Israel want create a situation that somehow Iran is pulled into this, politically or much better militarily.

Arabs probably know this too

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-behind- ... za-1832999

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-ukraine ... in-1832935

https://www.newsweek.com/medvedev-israe ... ts-1832839

Idea being : can West, fight in Ukraine, Middle East, and with China at the same time ?
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:32 am I do not want to see the full brunt of this falling on the Palestinian Christian community and to another extent the Druze community, both which are captives to two hostile sides. And the patterns of these wars, and one of many reasons they continue, is that always end up driving out the minority populations while solidifying some sort of political-ideological unity among the aggressors.

If we are speaking plainly about picking sides, that's where I'm at. The whole thing is a mess and I very much rather not see Jews and Muslims blow each other up, but at the moment they both have powerful allies and support these other groups do not. The majority of the Palestinian population was Christian at the time of the British mandate. These people, long there, and with as much right to the forever grievance pot luck as any one else, didn't get beamed up by aliens. I do not think it too clever by half to suggest that British and European policy in the region was always geared towards eliminating these communities with rival claims on their religious authorities- religious authorities captured under imperial policy and so a matter of imperial power. Indirectly supporting that minority we can place under the heading of 'Muslim fanatics' as a unifying force in the region has been of European interest as much as helping (or getting rid of depending on how one wants to parse it) Jews establish a homeland outside of their diaspora.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demograph ... _Palestine

the population has jumped by 1 million to 5 million and the original arab christians are a rounding error, 3000 people.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:03 am
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:32 am I do not want to see the full brunt of this falling on the Palestinian Christian community and to another extent the Druze community, both which are captives to two hostile sides. And the patterns of these wars, and one of many reasons they continue, is that always end up driving out the minority populations while solidifying some sort of political-ideological unity among the aggressors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demograph ... _Palestine

the population has jumped by 1 million to 5 million and the original arab christians are a rounding error, 3000 people.
Much like in Egypt, though not to extent, the population is under counted in census for political&social reasons, and the numbers should include the population pushed farther into Lebanon, which hemorrhages Christians whenever Israel and Palestinians fight- as it almost always inevitably spills over in one manner or another whether hezebollah and the north are involved or not.

‐‐----

I'd also add that a zealous portion of them do not even identify as Arab and argue that the categorization is an artificial imposition with the reasoning that they do not share family relations and have maintained Aramaic - a language that Palestinian Arabs do not speak and have never spoken.
Heracleum Persicum

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:22 am
I'd also add that a zealous portion of them do not even identify as Arab and argue that the categorization is an artificial imposition with the reasoning that they do not share family relations and have maintained Aramaic - a language that Palestinian Arabs do not speak and have never spoken.

David Ben-Gurion himself said, Palestinian probably are the original Jews who were forcefully converted to Islam

Palestinians are no Arabs, not at all

All, pretty much all, "so called Arab" technocrats in Arab space, best doctors, engineers, surgeons , professors, head of hospitals, all intellectuals etc etc etc , are all Palestinians, all

Even in Israel, many top surgeons and medical specialist are (Israeli) Palestinians.

and

BTW

There no difference between Christian and Muslim Pali population.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Let me put it this way: it is indeed tiny numbers but it is numbers nevertheless-- numbers that the powers-that-be rather be actual rounding numbers and not the messy settlement that it actually is. A rounding error makes the whole region more legible-- and states love making peoples legible.

And its not a region specific of course but it's not terribly different from say the little indian groups in the American southwest or maybe certain polynesians whose "borders" and allegiances don't really comport to modern maps and census data.