The attempted coup d'état against Trump continues

YMix

Re: The attempted Coup d'etat against Trump continues

Post by YMix »

Doc wrote:LINK?
Use a bigger font size. My eyesight isn't what it used to be.

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/838386005459763200

The only "evidence" presented by the White House is "Reports concerning potentially politically motivated investigations". Could be something Trump read on Infowars. The statement ends with: "Neither the White House nor the President will comment further until such oversight is conducted."
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
noddy

Post by noddy »

ongoing battles between the urban and suburban and rural classes, Coups, bodgy royalty and anti mulsim politics.

Admins: can the USA and Thailand threads be merged :P
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

YMix wrote:
Doc wrote:LINK?
Use a bigger font size. My eyesight isn't what it used to be.

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/838386005459763200

The only "evidence" presented by the White House is "Reports concerning potentially politically motivated investigations". Could be something Trump read on Infowars. The statement ends with: "Neither the White House nor the President will comment further until such oversight is conducted."[/quote

Without looking at your link it is from teh Atlantic originally. They couldn't write anything favorable about Trump if they tried. Besdies that Trump has already done teh exact opposite of what they claim. He has ordered his White House Lawyers to get the actually warrants out of the bowels of the deep state.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

https://wikileaks.org/nsa-201602/
NSA Targets World Leaders for US Geopolitical Interests
European Union Italy United Nations

Today, 23 February 2016 at 00:00 GMT [updated 12:20 GMT], WikiLeaks publishes highly classified documents showing that the US National Security Agency bugged a private climate change strategy meeting; between UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon and German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Berlin; singled out the Chief of Staff of UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) for long term interception targetting his Swiss phone; singled out the Director of the Rules Division of the World Trade Organisation (WTO), Johann Human, and targetted his Swiss phone for long term interception; stole sensitive Italian diplomatic cables detailing how Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu implored Italy's Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi to help patch up his relationship with US President Barack Obama, who was refusing to talk to Netanyahu; intercepted top EU and Japanese trade ministers discussing their secret strategy and red lines to stop the US "extort[ing]" them at the WTO Doha arounds (the talks subsequently collapsed); explicitly targetted five other top EU economic officials for long term interception, including their French, Austrian and Belgium phone numbers; explicitly targetted the phones of Italy's ambassador to NATO and other top Italian officials for long term interception; and intercepted details of a critical private meeting between then French president Nicolas Sarkozy, Merkel and Berluscon, where the latter was told the Italian banking system was ready to "pop like a cork".

Some of the intercepts are classified TOP-SECRET COMINT-GAMMA and are the most highly classified documents ever published by a media organization.

WikiLeaks editor Julian Assange said "Today we proved the UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon's private meetings over how to save the planet from climate change were bugged by a country intent on protecting its largest oil companies. Back in 2010 we revealed that the then US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had ordered her diplomats to steal the UN leadership's biometric data and other information. The US government has signed agreements with the UN that it will not engage in such conduct. It will be interesting to see the UN's reaction, because if the United Nations Secretary General, whose communications and person have legal inviolability, can be repeatedly attacked without consequence then everyone is at risk."

The NSA data for this release: UN Sec Gen & Merkel intercept, UNHCR & WTO target selectors and assignments, Netanyahu-Berlusconi-Sarkozy-Merkel intercepts, EU-Japan WTO/Doha trade talks strategy intercept, EU & Belgium MFA target selectors and assignments and Italy target selectors and assignments.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
YMix

Post by YMix »

Doc wrote:Without looking at your link it is from teh Atlantic originally.
So you can Google. That's good to know.
They couldn't write anything favorable about Trump if they tried.

Not relevant.
Besdies that Trump has already done teh exact opposite of what they claim. He has ordered his White House Lawyers to get the actually warrants out of the bowels of the deep state.
Source?
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

YMix wrote:
A day after President Donald Trump charged that President Obama had tapped his phones in advance of the November election, his spokesperson indicated that the White House did not intend to offer any evidence to substantiate that remarkable claim—and would not be offering further comment in the near future.
:|
After 9 month of no evidence on multiple Russia claims it's only fair to let Trump have some.
Censorship isn't necessary
YMix

Post by YMix »

You mean Donald Trump the pathological liar? Nope.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

No, if your side gets to make claims with no evidence for 9 months you have to allow the same for Trump.
YMix

Post by YMix »

It's not my side and Trump lies all the time, has been lying constantly for decades.

Although lying is probably not the correct word for a man who doesn't care if what he says is true or not.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Mkay your side nominated perhaps the greatest political liar of all time, and you made no peeps about it. Can't start complaining about lying now.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Still not my side and I called Obama a typical politician and party hack back in 2008. The posts may or may not still live in the ruins of Spengman's forum.

Also, the difference between a typical politician and Trump is that the politician lies to gain power, while Trump... just lies. All the time.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

w80TIsyASjw

Levin has a point.

Hammer666 comments:

rsIixQOSQS4
Deep down I'm very superficial
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

As Greenwald from The Intercept noted beginning februari:

jY1MiNfwcRg

It seems to me that the democrats have lost touch with reality and are now in full blown mode of self-destruction. Question is how the deep state will behave. If Trump, that poisenous orange kek frog, not only rips apart the democrats, the republican party but also fractures the deep state itself... then what happens? Martial law?
YMix

Post by YMix »

Parodite wrote:w80TIsyASjw

Levin has a point.
Meh, TV histrionics. Aside from an alleged investigation into the Trump campaign's ties to the Russians and Flynn's own stupidity, he has nothing. But he sure knows how to pound the table.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

this is getting out of hand.

Transitions are supposed to be peaceful; they are going to wreck the whole thing for what purpose? To rule the rubble?
YMix

Post by YMix »

It's how the political duopoly operates.
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

YMix wrote:
Levin has a point.
Meh, TV histrionics. Aside from an alleged investigation into the Trump campaign's ties to the Russians and Flynn's own stupidity, he has nothing. But he sure knows how to pound the table.
Obama admin, the W.Bush-Turbo neo-liberal, who allowed for more drone strikes, pushed more wars in the Meddle East as-if nothing was learned from the Iraq war, who allowed for more surveillance powers to spy on everybody included political rivals, journalists, who went very tough on whistle blowers.. was in the worst case a calculating sociopath, or perhaps just a weak puppet on a string.

But this is not about Obama or Trump. It is about the US gvts using intelligence bureaus, deep state to further their own political interest over national interest and democracy. Or deep state conversely controlling any US gvt to serve their own vested interests. It seems to me that a body/cartel that controls all intelligence can make or break anybody they want. Now their target may be Trump..next time it can be a democrat. Trump loves revenge.. he might use the deep state at one point once they are on his side.
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:this is getting out of hand.

Transitions are supposed to be peaceful; they are going to wreck the whole thing for what purpose? To rule the rubble?

I suspect their levels of entitlement and onwards and upwards reading on history leaves them unaware of any such outcomes, their worldview only sees the other side getting damage.
ultracrepidarian
YMix

Post by YMix »

Parodite wrote:Obama admin, the W.Bush-Turbo neo-liberal, who allowed for more drone strikes, pushed more wars in the Meddle East as-if nothing was learned from the Iraq war,
Actually, Obama did learn something from the Iraq debacle and tried to play Libya and Syria through proxies. That didn't work as expected either, much to the dismay or ordinary Libyans and Syrians.
who allowed for more surveillance powers to spy on everybody included political rivals, journalists, who went very tough on whistle blowers.. was in the worst case a calculating sociopath, or perhaps just a weak puppet on a string.
Neither. Obama and Bush were party hacks who understood the system and kept it going.
But this is not about Obama or Trump. It is about the US gvts using intelligence bureaus, deep state to further their own political interest over national interest and democracy. Or deep state conversely controlling any US gvt to serve their own vested interests. It seems to me that a body/cartel that controls all intelligence can make or break anybody they want. Now their target may be Trump..next time it can be a democrat. Trump loves revenge.. he might use the deep state at one point once they are on his side.
Probably.
YMix

Post by YMix »

noddy wrote:I suspect their levels of entitlement and onwards and upwards reading on history leaves them unaware of any such outcomes, their worldview only sees the other side getting damage.
I'm pretty sure the intelligence bigwigs working against Trump see themselves as patriots struggling to rescue US domination from a shortsighted and ignorant buffoon. And, by their own logic, they are correct. After all, the most important thing is...

H1axx2FJUTg
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

YMix wrote:
Parodite wrote:But this is not about Obama or Trump. It is about the US gvts using intelligence bureaus, deep state to further their own political interest over national interest and democracy. Or deep state conversely controlling any US gvt to serve their own vested interests. It seems to me that a body/cartel that controls all intelligence can make or break anybody they want. Now their target may be Trump..next time it can be a democrat. Trump loves revenge.. he might use the deep state at one point once they are on his side.
Probably.
Good material for a new HBO series "Rogue State".
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

YMix wrote:It's how the political duopoly operates.
It's how nimrods operate.

If they want to avoid de-legitimizing the country, people have to start presenting their cases or shut up about it.

And as much fun it is to ratchet things up on the Trump side and to feel aggrieved that he is being wronged, no one but Trump and his A-team can do anything about it now. Either:

1) He can outmaneuver them and get atop the situation with the vanquishing of his enemies yadayadayada....

2)He really is a super secret double agent implanted in the US during by Stalin himself and he deserves everything he gets- though even if this is true, it doesn't make the opposition look good at all.....

3)He can't outmaneuver them and they destroy Trump and the Trump side yadayadayada....what good was he to begin with? There's no whining when you knew roughly that the opposition would be hostile to some extent. I'm surprised they are pushing it this far but that's a matter of degree.

To paraphrase trump: "I like my heroes who don't lose".

He wanted to play, he's got to either win or go home.
YMix

Post by YMix »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:To paraphrase trump: "I like my heroes who don't lose".

He wanted to play, he's got to either win or go home.
True.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

It's all argy-bargy right now but I interpret Trump's sudden silence as a prelude to legal action.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Trump will win.