The Donald....the newest savior.....

Mr. Perfect

Re: The Donald....the newest savior.....

Post by Mr. Perfect »

There is a lot ideology in the Buchanan piece NH. A lot. It's just not one we've seen in a while. It's Pro American, in the good old fashioned sense.
Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

It's very early to say, very early, but there is a real possibility that Trump brings in 5-10 million voters that don't vote, rarely vote, or haven't voted in a long time. It could be a blow out of epic and historic proportions.

There are 10-20 million people outside the political system that think the entire establishment is pure horse$#!t, and they aren't wrong. Trump is right at home and speaks their language. It could be one for the ages.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Heracleum Persicum wrote:.

Patrick J. Buchanan
Is Trumpism the Rebirth of Nationalism ?

Since China devalued its currency 3 percent, global markets have gone into a tailspin. Why should this be? After all, 3 percent devaluation in China could be countered by a U.S. tariff of 3 percent on all goods made in China, and the tariff revenue used to cut U.S. corporate taxes.

The crisis in world markets seems related not only to a sinking Chinese economy, but also to what Beijing is saying to the world; i.e., China will save herself first even if it means throwing others out of the life boat.

Disbelievers in New World Order mythology have long recognized that this new China is fiercely nationalistic. Indeed, with Marxism-Leninism dead, nationalism is the Communist Party’s fallback faith. China has thus kept her currency cheap to hold down imports and keep exports surging. She has run $300 billion trade surpluses at the expense of the Americans. She has demanded technology transfers from firms investing in China and engaged in technology theft. Disillusioned U.S. executives have been pulling out.

And the stronger China has grown economically, the more bellicose she has become with her neighbors from Japan to Vietnam to the Philippines. Lately, China has laid claim to virtually the entire South China Sea and all its islands and reefs as national territory.

In short, China is becoming a mortal threat to the rules-based global economy Americans have been erecting since the end of the Cold War, even as the U.S. system of alliances erected by Cold War and post-Cold War presidents seems to be unraveling.

Germany, the economic powerhouse of the European Union, was divided until recently on whether Greece should be thrown out of the eurozone. German nationalists have had enough of Club Med. On issues from mass migrations from the Third World, to deeper political integration of Europe, to the EU’s paltry contributions to a U.S.-led NATO that defends the continent, nationalistic resistance is rising.

Enter the Donald. If there is a single theme behind his message, it would seem to be a call for a New Nationalism or New Patriotism. He is going to “make America great again.” He is going to build a wall on the border that will make us proud, and Mexico will pay for it. He will send all illegal aliens home and restore the traditional value of U.S. citizenship by putting an end to the scandal of “anchor babies.”

One never hears Trump discuss the architecture of our rules-based global economy. Rather, he speaks of Mexico, China, and Japan as tough rivals, not “trade partners,” smart antagonists who need to face tough American negotiators who will kick their butts.

They took our jobs and factories; now we are going to take them back. And if that Ford plant stays in Mexico, then Ford will have to climb a 35-percent tariff wall to get its trucks and cars back into the USA. Trump to Ford: Bring that factory back to Michigan!

To Trump, the world is not Davos; it is the NFL. He is appalled at those mammoth container ships in West Coat ports bringing in Hondas and Toyotas. Those ships should be carrying American cars to Asia. Asked by adviser Dick Allen for a summation of U.S. policy toward the Soviets, Ronald Reagan said: “We win; they lose.” That it is not an unfair summation of what Trump is saying about Mexico, Japan and China.

While the economic nationalism here is transparent, Trump also seems to be saying that foreign regimes are freeloading off the U.S. defense budget and U.S. military. He asks why rich Germans aren’t in the vanguard in the Ukraine crisis. Why do South Koreans, with an economy 40 times that of the North and a population twice as large, need U.S. troops on the DMZ? “What’s in it for us?” he seems ever to be asking.

He has called Vladimir Putin a Russian patriot and nationalist with whom he can talk. He has not joined the Republican herd that says it will cancel the Iran nuclear deal the day they take office, re-impose U.S. sanctions and renegotiate the deal. Trump says he would insure that Iran lives up to the terms.

While his foreign policy positions seem unformed, his natural reflex appears nonideological and almost wholly results-oriented. He looks on foreign trade much as did 19th-century Republicans.

They saw America as the emerging world power and Britain as the nation to beat, as China sees us today. Those Americans used tariffs, both to force foreigners to pay to build our country, and to keep British imports at a price disadvantage in the USA. Then they exploited British free trade policy to ship as much as they could to the British Isles to take down their factories and capture their jobs for U.S. workers, as the Chinese do to us today.

Whatever becomes of Trump the candidate, Trumpism, i.e., economic and foreign policy nationalism, appears ascendant.

Always liked Buchanan

If you guys want to take down Trump this is what you'll have to take down.

A LOT of ideology in here.
Last edited by Mr. Perfect on Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Oliver-Stone-704.jpg
Oliver-Stone-704.jpg (154.46 KiB) Viewed 861 times

Democrat's Equivalent of Donald Trump :lol: :lol:

Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUMP IS PRO GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM IN A BUBBLE STATE OF EUPHORIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A GREAT CHAMPION OF FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.infowars.com/trump-the-probl ... l-illness/
During an interview with CNN on Thursday, presidential frontrunner Donald Trump said the issue in the wake of the shooting in Virginia is not guns, but mental illness.

“This isn’t a gun problem, this is a mental problem,” Trump said. “It’s not a question of the laws, it’s really the people.”

“In the old days they had mental institutions for people like this because he was really, definitely borderline and definitely would have been and should have been institutionalized,” Trump told CNN. “At some point somebody should have seen that, I mean the people close to him should have seen it.”

Pressed by CNN’s Chris Cuomo on the gun issue, Trump said he supports the Constitution. “I’m a very strong 2nd Amendment person,” he said.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

YMix wrote: And so we've gone from "just about everyone else", "all over the world" to "the whole world that cares". Which isn't that many people outside the USA and even internally it's limited to part of the population.
It's all that matters.
I do not represent or defend Obama, the Democratic Party or the US media. I'm not responsible for what they say or do.
I did not say you did. What you do is almost never criticize them as you do conservatives and Republicans. Which show your hidden biases and double standards.
It doesn't bother me. You make certain claims about Trump and I question them.

I don't know if he's lying or not.
That's a start.
So far, he's giving the impression (and I'm sure it's fully deniable) that he would take on the establishment for the sake of the common man. I see no reason to believe him.
I don't think we need to rely on impressions. He states over and over he wants to fight for American interests, states what he thinks they are, for the sake of everyone. Liberals for some reason can't even correctly repeat that back and just make things up about him.
Money - probably not. Ego, power - more likely. Personal aggrandizement. We'll see.
[/quote]
All politicians run on those things. The issue is why would anyone raise it as a special case for Trump. The special case I see for Trump is so far he is indicating he won't take corporate money and is not a professional politician.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Still makes him the most successful negotiator in 100 years.

How much money have you made negotiating.
Me? Seriously? I've done well for myself and others through negotiating. It's most of my job/skill set. I got something coming that if I can pull it off will make me a very very rich man. It's great, it's going to be great....you'll see, it's a great project and I got great people working on it. :TrumpPout:

But I'm not running for anything and I don't even think it's the right question to be asking.

He can be an unstoppable negotiator but how is he at executive line management?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

So we're ticking the list off. Great negotiator (you raised the issue).

BTW, there is no evidence obama was ever even considered for "executive line management", but Trump has successfully employed thousands of people in a profitable business with like no disgruntled employees to be found, of any pigment or gender.

How come you guys can't look this stuff up for yourself.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Mr. Perfect wrote:So we're ticking the list off. Great negotiator (you raised the issue).

BTW, there is no evidence obama was ever even considered for "executive line management", but Trump has successfully employed thousands of people in a profitable business with like no disgruntled employees to be found, of any pigment or gender.

How come you guys can't look this stuff up for yourself.
:lol:

lame sell.

we were talking 'super-duper'-ness not greatness.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

A sell that's creating records as we speak. He's closed the gap on Hillary by almost 20 points in 6 weeks. You guys better come up with something.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Weekly Standard podcast commenting on a mainstream Republican organized focus group of Trumpies. Luntz is the PR guy whose mantra is, "Form the message to rephrase what the voter wants to hear". The mainstream GOP is looking for ways to co-opt Trump's appeal, but I'm not sure they can do it with the horses they have in the stable.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/bar ... 20351.html
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Yeah. It's hard to see how anyone unseats Trump. Our top 5 guys should beat Hillary, Trump now included, but getting harder to see how the beat Trump. The most likely thing to bring him down is a huge gaffe of some sort. Personal history stuff, less likely, he's been in tabloids for 30 years. His positions on issues are going very well. He is for the 2nd Amnendment. :)
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

There is always the Howard Dean possibility, the voters just change their minds at the last second. But those are the kinds of things we're looking at.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Mr. Perfect wrote:It's all that matters.
Making sweeping and unsupported generalizations is all that matters?
I did not say you did. What you do is almost never criticize them as you do conservatives and Republicans. Which show your hidden biases and double standards.
If we had your Democratic equivalent on this forum, I probably would.
I don't think we need to rely on impressions. He states over and over he wants to fight for American interests, states what he thinks they are, for the sake of everyone.
All candidates state things over and over.
All politicians run on those things. The issue is why would anyone raise it as a special case for Trump.
Because he claims to be a special case.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

America Is So in Play

http://www.wsj.com/articles/america-is- ... 1440715262

Donald Trump’s staying power in the polls reflects a change in the electorate only now coming into focus.
By
Peggy Noonan
Aug. 27, 2015 6:41 p.m. ET

So, more thoughts on Donald Trump’s candidacy, because I can’t stop being fascinated.

You know the latest numbers. Quinnipiac University’s poll this week has Mr. Trump at a hefty 28% nationally, up from 20% in July. Public Policy Polling has Mr. Trump leading all Republicans in New Hampshire with 35%. A Monmouth University poll has him at 30% in South Carolina, followed 15 points later by Ben Carson.

Here are some things I think are happening.

One is the deepening estrangement between the elites and the non-elites in America. This is the area in which Trumpism flourishes. We’ll talk about that deeper in.

Second, Mr. Trump’s support is not limited to Republicans, not by any means.

Third, the traditional mediating or guiding institutions within the Republican universe—its establishment, respected voices in conservative media, sober-minded state party officials—have little to no impact on Mr. Trump’s rise. Some say voices of authority should stand up to oppose him, which will lower his standing. But Republican powers don’t have that kind of juice anymore. Mr. Trump’s supporters aren’t just bucking a party, they’re bucking everything around, within and connected to it.

Since Mr. Trump announced I’ve worked or traveled in, among other places, Southern California, Connecticut, Georgia, Virginia, New Jersey and New York’s Long Island. In all places I just talked to people. My biggest sense is that political professionals are going to have to rethink “the base,” reimagine it when they see it in their minds.

I’ve written before about an acquaintance—late 60s, northern Georgia, lives on Social Security, voted Obama in ’08, not partisan, watches Fox News, hates Wall Street and “the GOP establishment.” She continues to be so ardent for Mr. Trump that she not only watched his speech in Mobile, Ala., on live TV, she watched while excitedly texting with family members—middle-class, white, independent-minded—who were in the audience cheering. Is that “the Republican base”? I guess maybe it is, because she texted me Wednesday to say she’d just registered Republican. I asked if she’d ever been one before. Reply: “No, never!!!”

Something is going on, some tectonic plates are moving in interesting ways. My friend Cesar works the deli counter at my neighborhood grocery store. He is Dominican, an immigrant, early 50s, and listens most mornings to a local Hispanic radio station, La Mega, on 97.9 FM. Their morning show is the popular “El Vacilón de la Mañana,” and after the first GOP debate, Cesar told me, they opened the lines to call-ins, asking listeners (mostly Puerto Rican, Dominican, Mexican) for their impressions. More than half called in to say they were for Mr. Trump. Their praise, Cesar told me a few weeks ago, dumbfounded the hosts. I later spoke to one of them, who identified himself as D.J. New Era. He backed Cesar’s story. “We were very surprised,” at the Trump support, he said. Why? “It’s a Latin-based market!”

“He’s the man,” Cesar said of Mr. Trump. This week I went by and Cesar told me that after Mr. Trump threw Univision’s well-known anchor and immigration activist, Jorge Ramos, out of an Iowa news conference on Tuesday evening, the “El Vacilón” hosts again threw open the phone lines the following morning and were again surprised that the majority of callers backed not Mr. Ramos but Mr. Trump. Cesar, who I should probably note sees me, I sense, as a very nice establishment person who needs to get with the new reality, was delighted.

I said: Cesar, you’re supposed to be offended by Trump, he said Mexico is sending over criminals, he has been unfriendly, you’re an immigrant. Cesar shook his head: No, you have it wrong. Immigrants, he said, don’t like illegal immigration, and they’re with Mr. Trump on anchor babies. “They are coming in from other countries to give birth to take advantage of the system. We are saying that! When you come to this country, you pledge loyalty to the country that opened the doors to help you.”

He added, “We don’t bloc vote anymore.” The idea of a “Latin vote” is “disparate,” which he said generally translates as nonsense, but which he means as “bull----.”

He finished, on the subject of Jorge Ramos: “The elite have different notions from the grass-roots working people.”

OK. Old style: Jorge Ramos speaks for Hispanic America. New style: Jorge Ramos speaks for Jorge Ramos. Old style: If I’ve lost Walter Cronkite, I’ve lost middle America. New style: How touching that an American president once thought if you lost a newsman you’d lost a country.

It is noted that a poll this week said Hispanics are very much not for Donald Trump. Gallup had 65% with an unfavorable view of him, and only 14% favorable. Mr. Trump and Mr. Ramos actually got into that, when Mr. Ramos finally questioned him after being allowed back into the news conference. Mr. Trump countered with a recent Nevada poll that has him with a state lead of 28%—and he scored even higher with Nevada’s Hispanics, who gave him 31% support.

I will throw in here that almost wherever I’ve been this summer, I kept meeting immigrants who are or have grown conservative—more men than women, but women too.

America is so in play.

And: “the base” isn’t the limited, clichéd thing it once was, it’s becoming a big, broad jumble that few understand.

On the subject of elites, I spoke to Scott Miller, co-founder of the Sawyer Miller political-consulting firm, who is now a corporate consultant. He worked on the Ross Perot campaign in 1992 and knows something about outside challenges. He views the key political fact of our time as this: “Over 80% of the American people, across the board, believe an elite group of political incumbents, plus big business, big media, big banks, big unions and big special interests—the whole Washington political class—have rigged the system for the wealthy and connected.” It is “a remarkable moment,” he said. More than half of the American people believe “something has changed, our democracy is not like it used to be, people feel they no longer have a voice.”

Mr. Miller added: “People who work for a living are thinking this thing is broken, and that economic inequality is the result of the elite rigging the system for themselves. We’re seeing something big.”

Support for Mr. Trump is not, he said, limited to the GOP base: “The molecules are in motion.” I asked what he meant. He said bars of support are not solid, things are in motion as molecules are “before combustion, or before a branch breaks.”

I end with this. An odd thing, in my observation, is that deep down the elite themselves also think the game is rigged. They don’t disagree, and they don’t like what they see—corruption, shallowness and selfishness in the systems all around them. Their odd anguish is that they have no faith the American people can—or will—do anything to turn it around. They see the American voter as distracted, poorly educated, subject to emotional and personality-driven political adventures. They sometimes refer to “Jaywalking,” the old Jay Leno “Tonight Show” staple in which he walked outside the studio and asked the man on the street about history. What caused the American Civil War? Um, Hitler? When did it take place, roughly? Uh, 1958?

Both sides, the elites and the non-elites, sense that things are stuck.

The people hate the elites, which is not new, and very American. The elites have no faith in the people, which, actually, is new. Everything is stasis. Then Donald Trump comes, like a rock thrown through a showroom window, and the molecules start to move.
Heracleum Persicum

Post by Heracleum Persicum »

Cicciolina.jpg
Cicciolina.jpg (33.76 KiB) Viewed 802 times

Trump same political play as Cicciolina

Ilona Staller (born 26 November 1951), widely known by her stage name, Cicciolina, is a Hungarian-Italian porn star, politician, and singer.

American Joe sayin American politics a BORDELLO

And

Joe rite :lol: :lol:

Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Yeah. It's hard to see how anyone unseats Trump. Our top 5 guys should beat Hillary, Trump now included, but getting harder to see how the beat Trump. The most likely thing to bring him down is a huge gaffe of some sort. Personal history stuff, less likely, he's been in tabloids for 30 years. His positions on issues are going very well. He is for the 2nd Amnendment. :)
I can see Luntz coaching Carson to co-opt the Trump appeal. I can also see any economic downturn as working against Trump.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

You can't make a Trump in a few months. It's a decades long process. He is simply a larger human being than everyone in involved in US politics, at every level.

An economic downturn ensures any GOP candidate will win, even someone like Newt Gingrich. Your political party is coming to it's end NH.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Noonan wrote:My biggest sense is that political professionals are going to have to rethink “the base,” reimagine it when they see it in their minds.
I don't understand this. Surely the political professionals as well as columnists like Noonan know there's a huge pool of people out there, half the country, who don't bother to vote and whom the duopoly refuses to acknowledge.
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

8hfWk2sCuew
Deep down I'm very superficial
YMix

Post by YMix »

Donald Trump mocks Asians at presidential campaign rally

[...]

“Negotiating with Japan, negotiating with China,” Trump said during a Tuesday speech in Dubuque before folding his hands over his middle.

“When these people walk in the room, they don’t say, ‘Oh, hello! How’s the weather? It’s so beautiful outside. Isn’t it lovely? How are the Yankees doing? Oh they’re doing wonderful. Great,” Trump continued.

He put on an exaggerated scowl.

“They say, ‘We want deal!’” he bellowed.

The crowd rewarded him with laughter.

[...]
Interesting. Lowbrow comic relief from a presidential candidate.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Mr. Perfect wrote:You can't make a Trump in a few months. It's a decades long process. He is simply a larger human being than everyone in involved in US politics, at every level.
Is this some cryptic meditation on the incomprehensible vastness of empty space (such as exists between The Donald's ears)?
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

He can buy and sell you so many times over.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Onion | Mexico Builds Border Wall To Keep Out U.S. Assholes

Humour aside, what can Trump do to end the massive and insatiable demand for illicit drugs in the US
with such a large reward/risk ratio that it has had a major impact on both the Mexican economy and the society?

I don't think that a wall would change anything.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.