Dangerously Divided America

Doc

Re: Dangerously Divided America

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:21 pm
Doc wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:16 pm
Heracleum Persicum wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:48 pm On the subject of "American Exceptionalism" , excellent article from MK BHADRAKUMAR in ATOL

https://asiatimes.com/2021/03/us-except ... ll-it-fly/

"Biden administration’s plan to put democracy and rights at the center of its foreign policy"

Somebody should tell Biden, Trump pored those things into toilet and flashed. :lol:

Those days (foolin world) gone.
Ironic given he stole the election here.
People who live in the Cradle of Civilization shouldn't listen to any of the young upstart Western Nations. We're not even 300 years old. We're punks kids who don't know any better.
Yeah but, upstart or not, we are now the height of civilization

"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Meghan ’n’ Joe’s empire of the sentiments - Dominic Green, The Spectator, 12 March 2021
https://spectator.us/topic/meghan-markl ... entiments/

Biden dispenses serotonin the way Barack Obama dispensed drone strikes
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Boycott corporate America! - Matt Purple, The Spectator, 18 April 2021
https://spectator.us/topic/boycott-corporate-america/

Ron DeSantis was smeared by the media. He was never going to take it lying down. When 60 Minutes aired a laughably dishonest report implying he’d operated a pay-for-play vaccine distribution scheme in Florida, America’s most pugnacious governor fired back. The ‘smear merchants’ at CBS News were pushing ‘horse manure,’ he said. ‘That’s why nobody trusts corporate media. They are a disaster in what they are doing.’

That a major news outlet blatantly lied about a conservative governor isn’t surprising. Far more interesting is DeSantis’s choice of words there: ‘corporate media’. A departure, that. Republicans have long assailed the ‘mainstream media’, the ‘legacy media’, in the ever-delicate words of Sean Hannity, the ‘latte-sipping, loony, left-wing, liberal media’. Yet to call out these businesses specifically because they’re corporate would seem to infringe on the right’s economic principles. Conservatives have long held that business is superior to government, markets are more humane than central planning. A great dividing line blazes between the private and public sectors — the former is innovative and voluntary, the latter gluttonous and coercive.

Yet now DeSantis is not only pointing out that 60 Minutes slants to the left but stressing its corporate ownership. It’s a small thing, to be sure, but it hints at an ongoing shift. As the left consolidates power, as big business kowtows to woke diktats, conservatives have become more sensitive to the excesses of capital. These days, the dividing line cuts less between private and public than big and small, juggernaut cultural enforcers like CBS owner Viacom and the little guys on the receiving end of their radical agenda. More than a few major corporations are entrenched in that first camp. ...
Doc

Post by Doc »

Apollonius wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:52 pm Boycott corporate America! - Matt Purple, The Spectator, 18 April 2021
https://spectator.us/topic/boycott-corporate-america/

Ron DeSantis was smeared by the media. He was never going to take it lying down. When 60 Minutes aired a laughably dishonest report implying he’d operated a pay-for-play vaccine distribution scheme in Florida, America’s most pugnacious governor fired back. The ‘smear merchants’ at CBS News were pushing ‘horse manure,’ he said. ‘That’s why nobody trusts corporate media. They are a disaster in what they are doing.’

That a major news outlet blatantly lied about a conservative governor isn’t surprising. Far more interesting is DeSantis’s choice of words there: ‘corporate media’. A departure, that. Republicans have long assailed the ‘mainstream media’, the ‘legacy media’, in the ever-delicate words of Sean Hannity, the ‘latte-sipping, loony, left-wing, liberal media’. Yet to call out these businesses specifically because they’re corporate would seem to infringe on the right’s economic principles. Conservatives have long held that business is superior to government, markets are more humane than central planning. A great dividing line blazes between the private and public sectors — the former is innovative and voluntary, the latter gluttonous and coercive.

Yet now DeSantis is not only pointing out that 60 Minutes slants to the left but stressing its corporate ownership. It’s a small thing, to be sure, but it hints at an ongoing shift. As the left consolidates power, as big business kowtows to woke diktats, conservatives have become more sensitive to the excesses of capital. These days, the dividing line cuts less between private and public than big and small, juggernaut cultural enforcers like CBS owner Viacom and the little guys on the receiving end of their radical agenda. More than a few major corporations are entrenched in that first camp. ...
All politicians Democrats especially, use focus groups to test words and phrases on. Desantis is a pretty good candidate. He has done a good job in Florida. But the term came from a focus group. Trump was great with words and phrases naturally without using focus groups. His secret is that he is the great listener IE he does not need focus groups to know what terms will resonate with his supporters, as he actually listens to his supporters.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

For a while, like most people, I used the term 'mainstream media'. Then, on one of the videos you posted I heard 'legacy media', which sounded appropriate. But whether I subliminally got it from another source or maybe for one of the few times in my life had an idea of my own, I started calling it the 'corporate media' and have used that phrase ever since.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Apollonius wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:41 am For a while, like most people, I used the term 'mainstream media'. Then, on one of the videos you posted I heard 'legacy media', which sounded appropriate. But whether I subliminally got it from another source or maybe for one of the few times in my life had an idea of my own, I started calling it the 'corporate media' and have used that phrase ever since.
"Corporate media" is an excellent term!

I'm crediting you!
Doc

Post by Doc »

Apollonius wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:41 am For a while, like most people, I used the term 'mainstream media'. Then, on one of the videos you posted I heard 'legacy media', which sounded appropriate. But whether I subliminally got it from another source or maybe for one of the few times in my life had an idea of my own, I started calling it the 'corporate media' and have used that phrase ever since.
Yeah that has been out there for a while as well. Back in the 1980's I saw a internal network advertisement for a new talk show aimed at women It was on a network sat TV back haul feed. I wish I had had a VCR there to record it. If women actually saw how condescending the marketers running the focus group were towards the women in the group, I am sure the show would have been a flop. "What word would you use to describe the show?" Like they were talking to kids in a kinder garden.

I am pretty sure this was the show

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_(1988_TV_program)

Anyway that was Corporate Media even back then. An extremely cynical attitude towards the people they are in theory licensed to serve.
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Doc wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:06 am
Yeah that has been out there for a while as well. Back in the 1980's I saw a internal network advertisement for a new talk show aimed at women It was on a network sat TV back haul feed. I wish I had had a VCR there to record it. If women actually saw how condescending the marketers running the focus group were towards the women in the group, I am sure the show would have been a flop. "What word would you use to describe the show?" Like they were talking to kids in a kinder garden.

Anyway that was Corporate Media even back then. An extremely cynical attitude towards the people they are in theory licensed to serve.

Yes, well I'm sure that I've posted this thought before but you'll notice that CNN got its start back in 1990 promoting the Gulf War. The corporate media continued to advocate for military adventurism for the next twenty years but by 2012, they understood that the public was no longer interested and they needed a new story.

The Martin/Zimmerman case provided that. Ever since, instead of foreign wars they've been flogging domestic conflict. Good for advertising, especially considering changes in demographics.

I see the same profit dynamic at work in education. It's all about pleasing the consumers, many of them not coming out of an education friendly environment but at the same time not willing to receive anything but an A+ on their work in school. The customer is always right.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Apollonius wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:51 pm
Doc wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:06 am

Yes, well I'm sure that I've posted this thought before but you'll notice that CNN got its start back in 1990 promoting the Gulf War. The corporate media continued to advocate for military adventurism for the next twenty years but by 2012, they understood that the public was no longer interested and they needed a new story.

The Martin/Zimmerman case provided that. Ever since, instead of foreign wars they've been flogging domestic conflict. Good for advertising, especially considering changes in demographics.

I see the same profit dynamic at work in education. It's all about pleasing the consumers, many of them not coming out of an education friendly environment but at the same time not willing to receive anything but an A+ on their work in school. The customer is always right.

Seems like it was once Bin Laden was dead people in general e lost interest in the wars. I guess the "JV Team" was not enough to keep their interest.Plus Politicians look bad when their wars lead to genocide.

The US could have won the war in Afghanistan if it had been fought on winnable terms. But the goals were more inline with Neo Liberalism social goals than winning. They looked at it as if they wanted Afghanistan to be the fifty-first state

U_gxTsT6khg

Unfortunately YouTube doesn't like this video for some reason and requires a log in. But the comments tell the story just the same. I guess we can't have stories that don't keep to the corporate script
M Miri
M Miri
1 year ago
RIP Tetsu you did so much for the afghan people. We don't deserve you.
M.A N
M.A N
1 year ago
NAKUMRA is a part of Afgan history now. We will not forget him. He was a real hero.
Daniel Beard
Daniel Beard
3 years ago
Amazing. Trillions of dollars wasted on acheiving genuflect all while one man digs a trench and feeds the land and the people in it. What an incredible man.
文房具よしこ
文房具よしこ
1 year ago
As a Japanese, i am ashamed of myself for not knowing what he has done, and not trying to do something for someone else but only thinking of myself. I have been such a selfish man.
I can’t do such a great thing like he did, but one day I want to be a person who creates value for people all over the world.
Vic Singh
Vic Singh
4 years ago
Nakamura declared, "Weapons and tanks don't solve problems. The revival of farming is the cornerstone of Afghanistan's recovery".
On Taka
On Taka
3 years ago (edited)
The USA government could learn a lot from this Japanese doctor.

He deserves the Nobel Peace Prize.
This would give recognition to his work and effort, and give insight to a better solution than dropping bombs.
Marlboro666
Marlboro666
3 years ago
This video has only 7,000 views and some mindless video gets 2 billion view is why the world is the way it is.
たまムクたまムク
たまムクたまムク
1 year ago
Dr.Nakamura will never die as long as people take over his will.
Boom Guru
Boom Guru
4 years ago
thumbs up if you think he must be Afghan President! Love this Guy
Hikmatullah Noori
Hikmatullah Noori
1 year ago (edited)
He was the one who was committed to humanity and their prosperity. He was a Hero, as an Afghan I cant express my sadness 😭😭, because of his died .
Mihoko Chambers
Mihoko Chambers
3 years ago
I admire the doctor's determination and perseverance for the difficult tasks. I also admire the local peoples' incredible hard work with limited modern machine & believed in the Japanese doctor wholeheartedly. The world needs to see this kind of documentary instead of meaningless reports. Many thanks to NHK for reporting this documentary.
Luv puppy
Luv puppy
1 year ago
His wife thanked to Afghan people for their respect towards him when she arrived to Afghan to meet his body. Nakamura did miracles, but without his family’s support or understanding, he couldn’t do it. I hope this project will be carried on with Afghan people.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

[url=https://spectator.us/topic/capitol-arme ... bling/}The Spectator | The Capitol ‘armed insurrection’ narrative is crumbling[/url]
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.