Idiocracy

NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: Consider the possibility we are led by idiots

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

As making its way through rightwing sources:

High Ranking Chinese Defector Has Direct Knowledge of Several Chinese Special Weapons Programs
A person believed to be among the highest-ranking defectors ever to the United States from the People’s Republic of China has been working with the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) for months, sources inside the intelligence community have told RedState on condition of anonymity. The defector has direct knowledge of special weapons programs in China, including bioweapons programs, those sources say.

...FBI Director Christopher Wray was “ambushed” with the information, they say, and Langley was also unaware. Sources say DIA leadership kept the defector within their Clandestine Services network to prevent Langley and the State Department from accessing the person, whose existence was kept from other agencies because DIA leadership believes there are Chinese spies or sources inside the FBI, CIA, and several other federal agencies.

Sources tell RedState the defector has been with the DIA for three months and that he has provided an extensive, technically detailed debrief to US officials. In DIA’s assessment, the information provided by the defector is legitimate. Sources say the level of confidence in the defector’s information is what has led to a sudden crisis of confidence in Dr. Anthony Fauci, adding that U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) personnel detailed to DIA have corroborated very technical details of information provided by the defector.

...and its all very convenient from the same people who are paid to jerk the public around.
NapLajoieonSteroids

The speculation is that it is the family members of Sun Lijun, the former Deputy Minister of Public Security, whose family fled to Australia last February, followed by the Lijun facing corruption charges and sent to God knows where.

Sun Lijun was in charge of the Wuhan outbreak...

and pivoting back to Housely, he hears from his source that the Chinese have had a vaccine for important people [TM] since early last year.
NapLajoieonSteroids

...and a counter-accusation:

noddy

Post by noddy »

if the powers that be want war, then it wont matter either way how it started, ditto the reverse - the truth is irrelevant, its not been a concern of mine to hear the theories because I dont see them as being of any value, barring the consequences of their existance.

the one thing I cant see at the moment in a war between the West and China is an outcome - neither side will occupy the other successfully , their are no strategic lands to capture.

A cold war however is highly likely - America can lick its wounds over the loss of controlling the trade to Africa and whatnot, China will claim those.

and we will have a more normal world, with America and China dominating, Europe hedging and smaller powers like Russia and Turkey, pushing boundaries.

and nation states will reaffirm their natural place in the order of things, the mercantilism dream of one world, one market, dominated by mega corps will take a back seat.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:23 am And what reprisals?

Osama Bin Laden can get reprisals if he started a snot lab.

But let's just say it was all 100% intentional-- do we trip the nuclear war wire to go with the disease?

Does the world release counter-bacteria?

Oh...we slap on sanctions which could work until they spend five minutes getting around them.
It would be a pity if there was a tsunami centered on and confined to the Islands and reefs occupied by the PLA in the South China Sea.

http://www.earthquakeindustries.com/hea ... -vibrators

;)

https://www.amazon.com/Hammer-Eden-Nove ... 0449227545
The Hammer of Eden:

https://www.amazon.com/State-Fear-Micha ... 0061782661
State of Fear
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
noddy

Post by noddy »

now the indians.

https://www.opindia.com/2021/06/anthony ... -research/
“I have been told Dr Fauci is lying from the beginning. I have been told about the bat virus and the coronavirus that was found in Wuhan. I don’t know whether he is lying all these decades about his educational qualifications or he knew about the man-made nature of the virus and still kept quiet,” Prof Nalapat said.

He further said that the virus was manufactured in a lab and that FBI should have investigated Dr Fauci to get to the bottom of this murky affair. “Dr Fauci and others were aware of its lab origins. He should not have been interviewed by news channels but under oath by the FBI,” Prof Nalapat said.

Prof Madhav alleged that those who dared to go against Dr Fauci were warned in no uncertain terms that their reputation will be tarnished and their careers will be destroyed if they spoke against Dr Fauci and the synthetic nature of the virus. “What is even more disgusting is the cover-up. Any scientist who spoke up was strictly warned that his career would be destroyed should he speak against Dr Fauci,” said Prof Nalapat.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:22 am ...and a counter-accusation:

Given the history sounds like the CCP is trying to divert attention from its own Bio-warfare program.

Which begs the question "What would Mao do?
Don't make a fuss about a world war. At most, people die... Half the population wiped out - this happened quite a few times in Chinese history... It's best if half the population is left, next best one-third.
-- Mao Zedong
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... ry-9-2017/
Interesting Timing – Obama Administration Lifted Block on “Gain of Function Research” Just Eleven Days Before President Trump Took Office, January 9, 2017

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/bl ... -oversight

Recommended Policy Guidance for Potential Pandemic Pathogen Care and Oversight

January 9, 2017 at 9:06 AM ET by .

Summary:
OSTP Issues “Recommended Policy Guidance for Departmental Development of Review Mechanisms for Potential Pandemic Pathogen Care and Oversight (P3CO)"

Today, the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) is releasing “Recommended Policy Guidance for Departmental Development of Review Mechanisms for Potential Pandemic Pathogen Care and Oversight (P3CO).” Adoption of these recommendations will satisfy the requirements for lifting the current moratorium on certain life sciences research that could enhance a pathogen’s virulence and/or transmissibility to produce a potential pandemic pathogen (an enhanced PPP).

Issuance of this policy guidance concludes the deliberative process launched in October 2014 by OSTP and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). At that time, OSTP and HHS asked the National Science Advisory Board for Biosecurity (NSABB), as informed by feedback from the National Research Council of the National Academy of Sciences, to provide recommendations to help shape the development and adoption of a new United States Government policy governing the funding and conduct of this category of research. While NSABB deliberated, such projects were placed on pause.

In May 2016, after thorough deliberation and extensive input from domestic and international stakeholders, the NSABB issued its recommendations. NSABB’s central finding was that studies that are expected to enhance PPP have potential benefits to public health but also entail significant risks. NSABB recommended that such studies warranted additional scrutiny prior to being funded. NSABB further recommended a Department-level, multi-disciplinary review and ongoing Federal and institutional oversight for this category of research. The recommended policy guidance that OSTP is issuing today will implement this approach.

In particular, the recommended policy guidance implements the NSABB’s call for a pre-funding review mechanism for certain research proposals. Toward that end, the policy guidance recommends that Federal departments and agencies establish appropriate review processes if they plan to fund studies anticipated to create, transport, or use enhanced PPP. In their reviews, Departments and agencies are asked to establish that such projects satisfy eight specified principles, to assess the projects’ risks and benefits, and to develop risk mitigation plans that are commensurate with the projects’ risks. They are also requested to report the outcome of any such reviews to the OSTP Director, along with the associated risk-benefit analyses and risk mitigation plans.

Projects that have been paused under the existing moratorium will now be reviewed utilizing a process consistent with the recommended policy guidance. Any projects that are determined suitable to proceed will do so with appropriate risk mitigation measures in place.

HHS is also committing to additional actions. First, HHS will ask the NSABB to continue to provide advice on the oversight of the creation, transport, or use of enhanced PPP. After HHS has reviewed its paused projects and made decisions about whether and how those projects will proceed, NSABB will review the process employed by HHS and provide advice, if necessary. Continued NSABB input will be essential to ensuring robust oversight of these projects. Further, discussing the department-level review process with NSABB will promote transparency and provide valuable forums for continued public dialogue.

Second, given that studies involving enhanced PPP are often described as “dual use” research, HHS is currently conducting a review of the implementation of policies for the oversight of dual use research of concern (DURC). HHS has asked NSABB to host a series of regional stakeholder meetings to gather information about the implementation of the DURC policies, and it will also solicit feedback more broadly related to their implementation.

Policy development in this important area of research will be ongoing. OSTP and HHS will continue to examine implementation of the policies and procedures that are developed to provide oversight of enhanced PPP, and they will continue to engage the public along the way.
9hGDqruDPls
NapLajoieonSteroids

Doc wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:32 am Given the history sounds like the CCP is trying to divert attention from its own Bio-warfare program.

Unsurprisingly.
The guy in charge is extra confident he is a greater leader than Mao, is on a mission to out-do Mao; and I would bet money, if it were ever a realistic opportunity, he would disappear Mao from the picture if he could.

===================

Zhou Enlai is the role model
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:53 am now the indians.

https://www.opindia.com/2021/06/anthony ... -research/
“I have been told Dr Fauci is lying from the beginning. I have been told about the bat virus and the coronavirus that was found in Wuhan. I don’t know whether he is lying all these decades about his educational qualifications or he knew about the man-made nature of the virus and still kept quiet,” Prof Nalapat said.

He further said that the virus was manufactured in a lab and that FBI should have investigated Dr Fauci to get to the bottom of this murky affair. “Dr Fauci and others were aware of its lab origins. He should not have been interviewed by news channels but under oath by the FBI,” Prof Nalapat said.

Prof Madhav alleged that those who dared to go against Dr Fauci were warned in no uncertain terms that their reputation will be tarnished and their careers will be destroyed if they spoke against Dr Fauci and the synthetic nature of the virus. “What is even more disgusting is the cover-up. Any scientist who spoke up was strictly warned that his career would be destroyed should he speak against Dr Fauci,” said Prof Nalapat.
Some Indians are gung-ho to punch China anyway they can.

As for the Doctor fights...what is there to say, really? I don't think it beyond the realm of possibility at this point, but I am 1000% sure it was much more passive-aggressive and snippy from all sides.
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:18 am
Doc wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:32 am Given the history sounds like the CCP is trying to divert attention from its own Bio-warfare program.

Unsurprisingly.
The guy in charge is extra confident he is a greater leader than Mao, is on a mission to out-do Mao; and I would bet money, if it were ever a realistic opportunity, he would disappear Mao from the picture if he could.

===================

Zhou Enlai is the role model
Evidence surfaces that the PLA was working on COVID-19 Vaccine in the fall of 2019 before the existence of COVID-19 was ever announced.
WHgZtxg2_Nk
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:50 am

As for the Doctor fights...what is there to say, really? I don't think it beyond the realm of possibility at this point, but I am 1000% sure it was much more passive-aggressive and snippy from all sides.

the consequences of what we believe are far more important than the tedious details of the truth
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

Typhoon

Re: Idiocracy

Post by Typhoon »

2DH4v6FnbvM
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
NapLajoieonSteroids

noddy wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:38 am
NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:50 am

the consequences of what we believe are far more important than the tedious details of the truth
I think some of the criticism of Dr. Fauci resulting from his e-mails has been unfair or completely mischaracterize things.

What isn't unfair is that the man has been a liar and a bull*hitter worse than a lot of politicians when it came to a lot of smaller things; so why should he get a pass on the larger ones?

He's not engendered trust and people are pretty sick of the equating him with medicine itself because he was won a fun house certificate from Yale a century ago by this point and parked himself in a nice, cushy bureaucratic job.

Even recognizing much of his vocal opposition to be crazy or self-interested or demagogues doesn't change any of this.

It's all been made harder for regular people to discern regular things [instead of playing forensic games about biology] about what they should do when the amount of propaganda in the last year has been sitting at 11, starting with turning Fauci into some weird sex symbol.
NapLajoieonSteroids

That Dr.Andersen e-mail to Fauci is not kosher.

On the same day he sent Fauci a message about the virus showing signs of engineering, he was publicly tweeting [now deleted] that the idea it wasn't natural was a conspiracy theory which shouldn't be humored in the slightest.

I fully support not throwing out accusations publicly.

But there is something very off about all of this; and it's not protecting China or the US as states from consequences.

So we find ourselves brought back to something said very, very early on that's starting to look realistic: a number of these people have a financial or professional interest in Gain of Function research; and the minute it there was an accident, they circled the wagons to protect their own and control the inevitable backlash.
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:41 am That Dr.Andersen e-mail to Fauci is not kosher.

On the same day he sent Fauci a message about the virus showing signs of engineering, he was publicly tweeting [now deleted] that the idea it wasn't natural was a conspiracy theory which shouldn't be humored in the slightest.

I fully support not throwing out accusations publicly.

But there is something very off about all of this; and it's not protecting China or the US as states from consequences.

So we find ourselves brought back to something said very, very early on that's starting to look realistic: a number of these people have a financial or professional interest in Gain of Function research; and the minute it there was an accident, they circled the wagons to protect their own and control the inevitable backlash.
How much money is Big Pharma and the medical industry making from the pandemic? How much money are the monopolistic retailers making? How much money is Wall Street making from Home market ?

Their plan is to Make Citizens Serfs Again. (MACSA)

xx7_se4JdQ4
Doc

Then again Consider the possibilty we are lead by psychopaths

Post by Doc »

https://qz.com/1307670/us-states-with-t ... ychopaths/
A new study ranks US states in order of psychopathy

Sometimes, it can feel like there are psychopaths everywhere. If you live in the United States, it’s now possible to move to less psychopathic environs, thanks to new research ranking 48 contiguous states by psychopathy.

Connecticut wins the dubious award of most psychopathic state in the US, followed by California in second, and New Jersey third. New York and Wyoming tie for joint fourth place, followed by Maine. The least psychopathic state is West Virginia, followed by Vermont, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New Mexico. The full list of psychopathic states is below:
Murphy also included the District of Columbia in his research, and found it had a psychopathy level far higher than any other state. But this finding is an outlier, as Murphy notes, as it’s an entirely urban area and cannot be fairly compared with larger, more geographically diverse, US states. That said, as Murphy notes, “The presence of psychopaths in District of Columbia is consistent with the conjecture found in Murphy (2016) that psychopaths are likely to be effective in the political sphere.”
NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: Then again Consider the possibilty we are lead by psychopaths

Doc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:23 am https://qz.com/1307670/us-states-with-t ... ychopaths/

Sometimes, it can feel like there are psychopaths everywhere. If you live in the United States, it’s now possible to move to less psychopathic environs, thanks to new research ranking 48 contiguous states by psychopathy.

Connecticut wins the dubious award of most psychopathic state in the US, followed by California in second, and New Jersey third. New York and Wyoming tie for joint fourth place, followed by Maine. The least psychopathic state is West Virginia, followed by Vermont, Tennessee, North Carolina, and New Mexico. The full list of psychopathic states is below:
Murphy also included the District of Columbia in his research, and found it had a psychopathy level far higher than any other state. But this finding is an outlier, as Murphy notes, as it’s an entirely urban area and cannot be fairly compared with larger, more geographically diverse, US states. That said, as Murphy notes, “The presence of psychopaths in District of Columbia is consistent with the conjecture found in Murphy (2016) that psychopaths are likely to be effective in the political sphere.”
Another thing us Connecticuters are #1 at

JIauZKggVak
Doc

Post by Doc »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:39 am
Doc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:23 am https://qz.com/1307670/us-states-with-t ... ychopaths/

JIauZKggVak
I was thinking more in terms of DC and cancel culture
“[Suicide note:] I was not meant for the spotlight of public life in Washington. Here, ruining people is considered a sport.”

- Vince Foster
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:39 am

JIauZKggVak
I'm kinda surprised he didn't mention you by name......
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:38 pm

I'm kinda surprised he didn't mention you by name......
he brought up the hobbies of some relatives in the old country and they moved on quickly.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

In Connecticut, it is illegal to drink out of a lake with a spoon.

It is illegal to ride a bicycle over 65 mph

In Hartford, it is illegal to cross a street by walking on your hands

It is also illegal to educate dogs within the city boundaries of Hartford

It is illegal to dress as a clown to cause alarm

It is illegal to kiss one's spouse on Sunday

Town records are prohibited on the premises of any place which sells alcohol

In Devon, it is illegal to walk backwards after sunset

In New Britain, it is illegal for a fire truck to surpass 25 mph, even during emergencies

Then there is the mythical bouncing pickle law:
There is not a specific law in the state of Connecticut which as is so often reported requires a pickle to be able to bounce in order for it to be called a pickle. However, the emergence of the story, and the times it has been cited in legal actions, can be traced to an incident which occurred in 1948, as reported by the Hartford Courant. A pair of pickle packers, Sidney Sparer and Moses Dexler, were charged with the sale of pickles which were unfit for humans to eat. The state Food and Drug Commissioner, Frederick Holcomb, pointed out ways through which consumers could determine the quality of the pickle of which consumption was desired.

One of the ways, according to Commissioner Holcomb, was to drop the pickle from a height of about a foot or so, and if said pickle was of good quality it would bounce. Mr. Sparer’s pickles did not pass that simple test, and he was fined $500 for foisting poorly prepared pickles on the public. The remaining pickles, which had been marketed under the name Spareway, were destroyed. Besides the bouncing test, the pickles had been examined through laboratory testing, and Holcomb’s use of the bounce test was merely a demonstration, though it came to be believed to be a law after Sparer was convicted.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Doc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:18 pm

I was thinking more in terms of DC and cancel culture
Understood, but it's not often we grab the spotlight. :D

Besides, the psychopaths in DC mostly live in the northern Virginian suburbs.
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

Here they bounce, would that be legal in Connecticut?......'>........

kqLRRNOpe8U
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........