Page 4 of 5

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 16 Jul 2025 13:41
by Nonc Hilaire
The English idiom “Raked over hot coals” refers to a method of torture. This is commonly used to describe a dissertation defense. Synonymous with “Trial by fire” but sarcastic.

Just having to shop at Khols is torture enough for me.

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 22 Jul 2025 01:43
by Typhoon
Archeology_of_the_Future.jpg
Archeology_of_the_Future.jpg (118.72 KiB) Viewed 12151 times

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 22 Jul 2025 01:43
by Typhoon
Nonc Hilaire wrote: ↑16 Jul 2025 13:41 The English idiom “Raked over hot coals” refers to a method of torture. This is commonly used to describe a dissertation defense. Synonymous with “Trial by fire” but sarcastic.
Thanks for your explanation of the expression's history.
Just having to shop at Khols is torture enough for me.
As far as I can recall, I've never had the pleasure. I remember Sears, now extinct, at the local big mall.

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 22 Jul 2025 10:47
by Parodite
Typhoon wrote: ↑22 Jul 2025 01:43 Archeology_of_the_Future.jpg
:lol: apt

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 09 Aug 2025 00:45
by Typhoon
Up_in_smoke.jpg
Up_in_smoke.jpg (47 KiB) Viewed 12123 times

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 09 Aug 2025 00:46
by Typhoon
Giving_ones_kids_a_head_start_in_life.jpg
Giving_ones_kids_a_head_start_in_life.jpg (58.47 KiB) Viewed 12124 times

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 10 Aug 2025 00:28
by Typhoon
Next.jpg
Next.jpg (42.76 KiB) Viewed 12120 times

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 10 Aug 2025 00:48
by Doc
Typhoon wrote: ↑09 Aug 2025 00:46 Giving_ones_kids_a_head_start_in_life.jpg
When I was a little kid the very first week I was in school I was so excited about going on I guess the third day that I left home early and got to school I guess about 20 or 30 minutes early. No one was there when I got there Being 6 years old the empty old school house looked pretty creepy. SO I went back home. From then through High school I never once got to school early.

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 19 Aug 2025 00:21
by Doc
Image

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 19 Aug 2025 23:36
by Typhoon
535557492_777675151426313_5719187102227433138_n.jpg
535557492_777675151426313_5719187102227433138_n.jpg (105.96 KiB) Viewed 12098 times

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 22 Aug 2025 13:28
by Doc
Typhoon wrote: ↑19 Aug 2025 23:36 535557492_777675151426313_5719187102227433138_n.jpg
And she was heard to scream "If you can't stand the heat...."

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 22 Aug 2025 13:29
by Doc
Image

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 24 Aug 2025 08:30
by Doc
Image

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 25 Aug 2025 21:01
by Doc
Image

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 03 Sep 2025 18:58
by Doc
Image

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 09 Sep 2025 17:35
by Doc
Image

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 10 Oct 2025 14:39
by Doc
Image

At least the dog is not male.

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 14 Oct 2025 21:12
by Doc
Image

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 18 Oct 2025 20:17
by Doc
Image

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 18 Oct 2025 20:26
by Doc
Image

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 25 Oct 2025 22:06
by Typhoon
To_decline_politely.jpg
To_decline_politely.jpg (213.81 KiB) Viewed 10393 times

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 08 Nov 2025 04:34
by Typhoon
Show_me_the_candy.jpg
Show_me_the_candy.jpg (32.83 KiB) Viewed 10347 times

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 21 Nov 2025 00:21
by Doc
Image

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 02 Dec 2025 03:30
by Doc
Image

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 02 Dec 2025 06:32
by Doc
Had to think about this one for a minute

Image

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 03 Dec 2025 08:20
by Doc
Image

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 11 Dec 2025 04:12
by Typhoon
Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house,
not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse . . .

. . . I knew I should’ve gotten a carbon monoxide detector.

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 11 Dec 2025 04:19
by Typhoon
Time_to_die.jpg
Time_to_die.jpg (33.27 KiB) Viewed 10108 times

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 11 Dec 2025 04:24
by Typhoon
Bush.jpg
Bush.jpg (66.68 KiB) Viewed 10108 times

Re: Dark Levitas

Posted: 11 Dec 2025 04:26
by Typhoon
Mrs_Munson.png
Mrs_Munson.png (2.5 MiB) Viewed 10108 times