Boston Marathon Explosion

NapLajoieonSteroids

Boston Marathon Explosion

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

It seems that some person or group set off two explosions at this year's Boston Marathon.

The news is still coming in, so I've not a news link for this yet; but thought I may as well start the thread-

so what's going on?
Enki

Re: Boston Marathon Explosion

Post by Enki »

4 people confirmed at the hospital being treated. I am heariing conflicting reports on the dead.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

CNN says bomb at JFK.

The big question is who gets to exploit this. Is this a Muslim, leftist or rightwing act?

My guess is Muslim first, left second, right last. This seems like the silly types of targets the Muzzies (term of endearment) pick, left isn't this disciplined, the right doesn't make it into Boston.

But anyone's guess.
Censorship isn't necessary
Doc

Post by Doc »

10 amputations. Seems like a lots of shrapnel and lots of blood.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote:CNN says bomb at JFK.

The big question is who gets to exploit this. Is this a Muslim, leftist or rightwing act?

My guess is Muslim first, left second, right last. This seems like the silly types of targets the Muzzies (term of endearment) pick, left isn't this disciplined, the right doesn't make it into Boston.

But anyone's guess.
Don't forget North Korea
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

:)
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

This just up on the NY Post:

"Authorities have a identified a suspect, a Saudi national, who is currently being guarded in a Boston hospital with shrapnel wounds."

Hard to believe . . I thought only the US could be guilty of killing innocent people . .

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/t ... 0RQfVsH1yI
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

More:

Authorities ID suspect as Saudi national in marathon bombings, under guard at Boston

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/a ... PDGIjYBalO
"The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time."
--- Richard Nixon
"I consider looseness with words no less of a defect than looseness of the bowels."
—John Calvin
Doc

Post by Doc »

Marcus wrote:More:

Authorities ID suspect as Saudi national in marathon bombings, under guard at Boston

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/a ... PDGIjYBalO
Also cops issued an all-points-bulletin for a yellow Penske truck or van that tried to get access to a marathon site, claiming it had medical supplies _ and then sped off or was turned away
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

This is a real downer for leftists. They have no appetite to blame this on muslims it appears, so the next right wing thing they will be forced to be muted and non-exploitative.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Mr. Perfect wrote:This is a real downer for leftists. They have no appetite to blame this on muslims it appears, so the next right wing thing they will be forced to be muted and non-exploitative.
Now, now, Mr. P, let's not be hasty. Even if the Saudi suspect is actually guilty, he will likely turn out to be a non-Muslim. Islam forbids such things, don'tcha know . . only the West commits such atrocities.
--- Richard Nixon
—John Calvin
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

It's in bad form to start speaking resentfully of a (leftist?) excuse for whoever may be involved when we still have them picking up body parts.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Not anymore, the Tea Party was implicated almost immediately in the last few shootings (Giffords, Colorado, CT), despite non-involvement. Have to keep up with the times.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote:It's in bad form to start speaking resentfully of a (leftist?) excuse for whoever may be involved when we still have them picking up body parts.

A lot of people are now questioning the Post claim (and the Post as legit news source generally). But if you're talking domestic terrorism the most likely candidates are homegrown extremist cell inspired/instructed by al-Qaeda websites, or some unibomber-style crank.

As for propriety, I fear those days are over. We've been watching bombs go off in the public square for decades now, all over the world, every day.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Wolf Blitzer just said that the NYPost story is being denied by the Boston PD, currently no information on who is behind the attack.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/e ... en-made-in
Boston Police: No Arrests Have Been Made In Marathon Bombing (UPDATE)

A spokesperson for the Boston Police Department said no suspects have been taken into custody yet after the bombing at the Boston Marathon.

"At this time, we haven't been notified of any arrests or anyone apprehended," the spokesperson said.

The New York Post reported that a "Saudi national who suffered shrapnel wounds in today's blast" has been identified as "a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing." The Boston PD spokesperson did not confirm that report.

"Honestly, I don't know where they're getting their information from, but it didn't come from us," said the spokesperson.

The Post report was attributed to "a law enforcement source." According to the Post, the "suspect" is "currently being guarded in a Boston hospital."

Update (5:27 PM): A spokesperson with the FBI's national press office in Washington DC declined to comment when asked about reports a suspect or person of interest had been identified in the bombings.

Update (5:39 PM): NBC News is also reporting there is a "possible suspect" being guarded at a Boston hospital. After that report, a spokesperson for the Boston Police Department reiterated that they had "no confirmation" of any possible suspect in custody.

"They didn't obtain that information from us," the spokesperson said of the NBC report.

Update (6:06 PM): At a press conference, Boston police commissioner Edward Davis said reports of a suspect under guard at a hospital were "not true."
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ibrahim wrote:http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/e ... en-made-in
Boston Police: No Arrests Have Been Made In Marathon Bombing (UPDATE)

A spokesperson for the Boston Police Department said no suspects have been taken into custody yet after the bombing at the Boston Marathon.

"At this time, we haven't been notified of any arrests or anyone apprehended," the spokesperson said.

The New York Post reported that a "Saudi national who suffered shrapnel wounds in today's blast" has been identified as "a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing." The Boston PD spokesperson did not confirm that report.

"Honestly, I don't know where they're getting their information from, but it didn't come from us," said the spokesperson.

The Post report was attributed to "a law enforcement source." According to the Post, the "suspect" is "currently being guarded in a Boston hospital."

Update (5:27 PM): A spokesperson with the FBI's national press office in Washington DC declined to comment when asked about reports a suspect or person of interest had been identified in the bombings.

Update (5:39 PM): NBC News is also reporting there is a "possible suspect" being guarded at a Boston hospital. After that report, a spokesperson for the Boston Police Department reiterated that they had "no confirmation" of any possible suspect in custody.

"They didn't obtain that information from us," the spokesperson said of the NBC report.

Update (6:06 PM): At a press conference, Boston police commissioner Edward Davis said reports of a suspect under guard at a hospital were "not true."
CBS says the Saudi is being very cooperative. My guess is that he was just running away like everyone else.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Not anymore, the Tea Party was implicated almost immediately in the last few shootings (Giffords, Colorado, CT), despite non-involvement. Have to keep up with the times.
Just remember Mr. P millions of lives have been created or saved from terrorism by Obama. And why were these bombs not registered?
Enki

Post by Enki »

When in doubt remember. The NYPost is always wrong.
Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike.
-Alexander Hamilton
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Now CNN is reporting that there is a "person of interest" in custody. The NYPost still has an outside shot, if you took them to place.

It'll take a while to sort this all out, but they'll have some names by tonight or tomorrow.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ball bearings purportedly used in the bombs. Cell phones are suspected as the triggers. Sounds like an IED
Last edited by Doc on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Condolences.
Marcus wrote:This just up on the NY Post:

"Authorities have a identified a suspect, a Saudi national, who is currently being guarded in a Boston hospital with shrapnel wounds."

Hard to believe . . I thought only the US could be guilty of killing innocent people . .

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/t ... 0RQfVsH1yI
If this report proves true, then Nepal should be nervous.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

JORDAN EXTREMIST PRAISES BOSTON BOMBING

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/jordan-e ... on-bombing
--- Richard Nixon
—John Calvin
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ibrahim wrote:Now CNN is reporting that there is a "person of interest" in custody. The NYPost still has an outside shot, if you took them to place.

It'll take a while to sort this all out, but they'll have some names by tonight or tomorrow.
I am waiting for the FBI to name someone like Richard Jewel as a person of interest. They are under extreme pressure to name someone. 24 hours of talking heads and all. I remember when the DC sniper was running around these parts The police stated everyone should look out for a white van. I occasionally drove a white van for work back then. There was one old woman I pulled into a parking lot that looked up and saw the "white van" I thought she was going to have a heart attack. OF course as it turned out it was a blue sedan that happened to pass through police check points multiple times. Of course since it wasn't a WHITE VAN they let it pass.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Marcus wrote:JORDAN EXTREMIST PRAISES BOSTON BOMBING

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/jordan-e ... on-bombing
Cool. Every Muslim organization in the US issued a press release condemning the attack and offering condolences, but I guess some guy in Jordan is more deserving of the red headline treatment.