Page 1 of 1

Door Dash Lifestyle

Posted: 12 Dec 2025 17:20
by Nonc Hilaire
Where do kids get the money for this?


Re: Door Dash Lifestyle

Posted: 12 Dec 2025 21:22
by Doc
Nonc Hilaire wrote: ↑12 Dec 2025 17:20 Where do kids get the money for this?

Where do kids get the money for this?
I read somewhere that they are getting money from their parents.
It is about:
•eliminating effort
•eliminating planning
•eliminating discomfort
•eliminating logistics
•eliminating decision fatigue
And right on time the AI cavalry comes to the rescue !!
•ownership is dead
•savings are pointless
•buying a home is impossible
•college is a debt sentence
•inflation destroys the dollar
•wages do not map to adult milestones
•upward mobility is gone
"You will own nothing and you will be happy"
DoorDash is a symptom.

A society where:
•future stability is gone
•wages stagnate
•housing is unattainable
•attention is fragmented
•convenience is normalized
•friction feels archaic
•everything is mediated digitally
"You aren't needed, and your lineage will never be born. Because you own nothing, so you can't afford it."



The EU could be GONE in four years | A 'revolutionary eruption' is coming

Re: Door Dash Lifestyle

Posted: 14 Dec 2025 07:18
by NapLajoieOnSteroids
I don't really get door dashing for a number of reasons but I don't think a X amount of kids are finding it easy to door dash a few times a week.

If you have an after school job, where is that money going nowadays? [Jus' postin' out loud here]

Not going into albums.

If its going into video games, it's ever likelier it is not attached to a console or physical media and just as likely free to play (or free to start) as something cheap.

Clothes- fast fashion- is dirt cheap

None of these kids drive and if they do, their parents pay for the gas

Are they involved in some sport or social activity that requires payment? Not beyond paying for the phone (which mom&dad pay for)

It's not going into dating; it's less likely to go into alcohol, tobacco and drugs; it's not being saved for some future purchase or paying for college

Re: Door Dash Lifestyle

Posted: 18 Dec 2025 03:26
by Typhoon
Literally turning their cash into crap does not strike me as the best use of resources, but that's just my opinion.

Re: Door Dash Lifestyle

Posted: 18 Dec 2025 09:19
by NapLajoieOnSteroids
I'm more amazed about how cooking or preparing meals for oneself has cratered and for junky, microwaved fast-food.

Even in the most penurious and busy situations, I didn't skip self cooking. At the same time, I did notice this was like some antique mentality disappearing from the earth.

Re: Door Dash Lifestyle

Posted: 18 Dec 2025 20:20
by Nonc Hilaire
Fast food is addictive. I spent 5 years in rural Missouri where there was almost no restaurants, but when I moved back to civilization the craving for fast food was incredible.

Re: Door Dash Lifestyle

Posted: 25 Dec 2025 07:33
by NapLajoieOnSteroids
The addiction/habit aspect is not quite what I was thinking but I can see it.

I was thinking more along the lines of how everything is now chain restaurants or chain distribution of Sysco, reheated at convivence. So it all ends up a little disappointing in the exact same ways.