This is cultural news? Not to most of us....

Simple Minded

This is cultural news? Not to most of us....

Post by Simple Minded »

https://nypost.com/2019/12/24/f-k-off-n ... n-america/

but..... they get extra points for consistency! :)

" But visitors have long seen locals as the real problem.

When John Adams visited the city in 1774, he wrote in his diary: “With all the opulence and splendor of this city, there is very little good breeding to be found.”

“I have not seen one real gentleman, one well-bred man, since I came to town,” he continued, the New York Times once ­reported.

One man visiting from Florida on Monday agreed.

“Hell, yeah, everybody here’s an a–hole!” said the Floridian, who refused to give his name. "
NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: This is cultural news? Not to most of us....

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Simple Minded wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:07 pm https://nypost.com/2019/12/24/f-k-off-n ... n-america/

When John Adams visited the city in 1774, he wrote in his diary: “With all the opulence and splendor of this city, there is very little good breeding to be found.”

“I have not seen one real gentleman, one well-bred man, since I came to town,” he continued, the New York Times once ­reported.

“Hell, yeah, everybody here’s an a–hole!” said the Floridian, who refused to give his name. "
Us Noo Yawkers aren't so bad as long as you can keep up with the pace of things. It's not a place for not knowing where you're going. No meandering.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Dispositon for some.... recreation for others.

Personally, I love the in-yer-face-bluntness. Once the other person gets nasty, you got the excuse you wanted to nurture and release yer inner asshole!

and who doesn't like doing that?

renaming NYC to WestWorld would probably increase income from tourism. why be nice to the natives? they're not really people anyway.....

now that its your brand, you can accuse other nasty bastards of cultural appropriation with righteous indignation!

boom, winning!

yUC0YTaaQNM
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

https://www.studyfinds.org/fireworks-ne ... vey-finds/

I'm going bet without looking at the data, that the nearly half of Americans who had the best sex of their lives in 2019 are predominantly male.

Asking the same question of a female, especially one that you have sex with, is probably not a very smart thing to do.

Might get your feelings hurt.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:51 am https://www.studyfinds.org/fireworks-ne ... vey-finds/

I'm going bet without looking at the data, that the nearly half of Americans who had the best sex of their lives in 2019 are predominantly male.

Asking the same question of a female, especially one that you have sex with, is probably not a very smart thing to do.

Might get your feelings hurt.
I don't know about that. They say middle aged men facing near death experiences do it better for both sexes. :D

kLKXMPm2SBA
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:28 pm
I don't know about that. They say middle aged men facing near death experiences do it better for both sexes. :D

kLKXMPm2SBA
probably so. once yer in NDE mode, yer probably less self-conscious and more willing to swing for the fences.... so to speak.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:07 pm https://nypost.com/2019/12/24/f-k-off-n ... n-america/

Big city rudeness is one of its most attractive features :)

Ill never forget an early experience in Melbourne were a young lass from the country tried to take up a conversatoin with a grumpy old scottish man.

he said something along the line of "genuflect off, I moved to a city so I could avoid this kind of bullshit"
ultracrepidarian