Tulsi Gabbard Won't back down

Doc

Tulsi Gabbard Won't back down

Post by Doc »

k2h9HPZhqHE

3rDwkT1Yj4M
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Re: Tulsi Gabbard Won't back down

Post by Simple Minded »

Another point in Tulsi's favor.

If Trump wins in November, he should ask her to be Secretary of State.
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

I like Tulsi, and might register as a Dem for the primary just to vote for her, if she's on the ballot.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

crashtech66 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:20 am I like Tulsi, and might register as a Dem for the primary just to vote for her, if she's on the ballot.
She would make you a slave to the state.
Censorship isn't necessary
Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:30 am
crashtech66 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:20 am I like Tulsi, and might register as a Dem for the primary just to vote for her, if she's on the ballot.
Well.. Maybe if she had dragons. :lol:
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
crashtech66

Post by crashtech66 »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:30 am
I have the luxury of making a statement with my primary vote. In fact, in my state I have the luxury of casting my Presidential vote for anyone I choose without any risk the the Republican candidate won't get our electoral votes, but I couldn't actually vote for Tulsi in November specifically because she is for an assault weapons ban, something that is anathema to me.

Anyone who is the least bit interested in her should take the time to listen to her appearance on Joe Rogan's podcast. I could see her eventually becoming a Republican someday if she'd just drop a few of the crazy lefty ideas I think she feels obligated to pay lip service to. I get the feeling that her temperament is actually better suited to conservatism, though obviously would never be pure enough for the Mr. Perfects of the world.

PdYud9re7-Q
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

crashtech66 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:31 pm
I have the luxury of making a statement with my primary vote. In fact, in my state I have the luxury of casting my Presidential vote for anyone I choose without any risk the the Republican candidate won't get our electoral votes, but I couldn't actually vote for Tulsi in November specifically because she is for an assault weapons ban, something that is anathema to me.

Anyone who is the least bit interested in her should take the time to listen to her appearance on Joe Rogan's podcast. I could see her eventually becoming a Republican someday if she'd just drop a few of the crazy lefty ideas I think she feels obligated to pay lip service to. I get the feeling that her temperament is actually better suited to conservatism, though obviously would never be pure enough for the Mr. Perfects of the world.
Purity tests are the silver stakes that kill the Big Tent Vampires.

Ideologues are self-regulating.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

crashtech66 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:31 pm I have the luxury of making a statement with my primary vote. In fact, in my state I have the luxury of casting my Presidential vote for anyone I choose without any risk the the Republican candidate won't get our electoral votes, but I couldn't actually vote for Tulsi in November specifically because she is for an assault weapons ban, something that is anathema to me.
Yep. Me too.

PdYud9re7-Q
Yeah, temperament is not policy, and it's nothing to do with purity. Trump is not pure and I would take a bullet for him.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Simple Minded wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:42 pm Purity tests are the silver stakes that kill the Big Tent Vampires.
Lol your whole ideology is that the 2 poles are impure. You don't even have an idea outside that framework.
Some say self triangulating.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:09 am
Simple Minded wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:42 pm Purity tests are the silver stakes that kill the Big Tent Vampires.
Lol your whole ideology is that the 2 poles are impure. You don't even have an idea outside that framework.
Some say self triangulating.
Here's a primer:

https://www.khanacademy.org/science/bio ... speciation

Species & speciation

What defines a species. How new species can arise from existing species.
Google ClassroomFacebookTwitter
Email
Key points

According to the biological species concept, organisms belong to the same species if they can interbreed to produce viable, fertile offspring.
Species are separated from one another by prezygotic and postzygotic barriers, which prevent mating or the production of viable, fertile offspring.
Speciation is the process by which new species form. It occurs when groups in a species become reproductively isolated and diverge.
In allopatric speciation, groups from an ancestral population evolve into separate species due to a period of geographical separation.
In sympatric speciation, groups from the same ancestral population evolve into separate species without any geographical separation.
Introduction

On some level, the idea of a species is pretty intuitive. You don't need to be a zoologist to classify organisms like humans, giant pandas, or sunflowers into groups based on their appearance. This method works well when the species in question look very different from one another. You probably wouldn’t mistake a panda for a sunflower—unless you really needed your glasses!
But when we get right down to it, what really make a species a species? Organisms that look alike often belong to the same species, but this isn’t always the case. I for one can't tell the African fish eagle and the bald eagle apart from the photos below. But they are, in fact, different species.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

I think the above is pretty accurate. If I was a statistician I'd give you 5 significant digits. Other than the obvious typo that "African Fish Eagle" should have been "African-American Fish Eagle."