The sound of freedom

Doc

The sound of freedom

Post by Doc »

"When I lived outside Washington DC when I heard a gun going off I always thought to call the police. Now that I have moved to West Virginia when I hear guns going off I think "That sounds like freedom to me"" Cassandra Fairbanks 3/29/2021 Timcast IRL
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
NapLajoieonSteroids

Re: The Sound of freedom

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Eh, when it translates to

"When I lived in a dense suburb and someone was firing a gun, it alarmed me 'cause that's an immediate sign of trouble. Now that I live in a less populated area, it's more likely someone is hunting or fooling around with target practice as it is something I should be concerned about.
NapLajoieonSteroids

Or maybe it translates to:

"Now that I'm an in an area that is neither infested with young men in gangs or not attractive to young nutballs with death wishes, I don't have to worry about it."
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

or both!

Maybe even now I live somewhere where people look each other in the eye, don't judge them by skin tone, consider personal opinions to be just that, and hold doors for strangers even if they are 6 paces behind them.

Great to have options when it comes to culture.
noddy

Post by noddy »

i dislike people holding doors open for me, makes me feel like i need to move at their pace.
ultracrepidarian
NapLajoieonSteroids

The expected cut-time shuffle with the holding of a door can get awkward.

But so can the approach where you get caught at a pace where you are not going fast enough to catch the door but are still too close not to meet a closing door. Then the movement and pacing gets all wonky.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:49 am i dislike people holding doors open for me, makes me feel like i need to move at their pace.
not to mention the obvious virtue signaling that "I view you as a fellow human being worthy of me being courteous!"

Even worse is the obvious plot to make the other feel inferior by saying "Thank you!"

Oppresors are everywhere!

A nice, punishing touch would be to video the person you are waiting for while you hold the door.......... is a triple micro-aggression considered a macro-aggression or an actual Hate Crime?
Last edited by Simple Minded on Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:00 am "When I lived outside Washington DC when I heard a gun going off I always thought to call the police. Now that I have moved to West Virginia when I hear guns going off I think "That sounds like freedom to me"" Cassandra Fairbanks 3/29/2021 Timcast IRL
A few weeks back, a whiner I used to work with expressed his dismay that people in a couple adjacent formed militias and the Board of Supervisors in both counties said "Yeah sure! Why not? Go ahead!"

My reply to the whiner was "So what?" He couldn't understand my obvious hatred of his paranoid mentality.

Mentioning this conversation to a friend who is a Sheriff, the Sheriff replied "It's called Freedom!"
NapLajoieonSteroids

Simple Minded wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:49 pm
Doc wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:00 am "When I lived outside Washington DC when I heard a gun going off I always thought to call the police. Now that I have moved to West Virginia when I hear guns going off I think "That sounds like freedom to me"" Cassandra Fairbanks 3/29/2021 Timcast IRL
A few weeks back, a whiner I used to work with expressed his dismay that people in a couple adjacent formed militias and the Board of Supervisors in both counties said "Yeah sure! Why not? Go ahead!"

My reply to the whiner was "So what?" He couldn't understand my obvious hatred of his paranoid mentality.

Mentioning this conversation to a friend who is a Sheriff, the Sheriff replied "It's called Freedom!"
How much of it is discomfort in people forming social groups?
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:45 pm
noddy wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:49 am i dislike people holding doors open for me, makes me feel like i need to move at their pace.
not to mention the obvious virtue signaling that "I view you as a fellow human being worthy of me being courteous!"

Even worse is the obvious plot to make the other feel inferior by saying "Thank you!"

Oppresors are everywhere!

A nice, punishing touch would be to video the person you are waiting for while you hold the door.......... is a triple micro-aggression considered a macro-aggression or an actual Hate Crime?

I dash ahead of women and hold the door closed from the other side so they have to fight me for it. This way she knows she defeated the patriarchy fair and square to open her own door.
ultracrepidarian
noddy

Post by noddy »

NapLajoieonSteroids wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:03 pm
Simple Minded wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:49 pm

How much of it is discomfort in people forming social groups?
lots i suspect.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

Since 911 it has become a thing in the US to hold the door for the next person coming through. It almost always happens At least around here.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

https://www.minds.com/samunger/blog/wag ... 4960570368

Waging Guerilla Warfare Against Big Tech
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Re: The sound of freedom

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

just to remind you that gun culture isn't necessarily a red neck, red state rural American phenomenon.....

Inside the Deep Gun Culture of Gwalior, India
Relics of outlaws, markers of status, and enforcers of social hierarchy, firearms are woven into rural life.
“Every villager has a Scorpio [a locally made 7-seater SUV], a buffalo, and a gun. They will use their Scorpio to tie their buffalo, and they’ll guard both with their gun,” says Gwalior resident Bahadur Khushwa, jokingly. More than 60 percent of gun owners in the region are rural farmers. They usually cite security concerns for gun ownership, but when probed further, most admit that guns are status symbols in a rural society where the power of a household is measured by its firepower.
https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/g ... in-gwalior
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:18 pm just to remind you that gun culture isn't necessarily a red neck, red state rural American phenomenon.....

Inside the Deep Gun Culture of Gwalior, India
Relics of outlaws, markers of status, and enforcers of social hierarchy, firearms are woven into rural life.
“Every villager has a Scorpio [a locally made 7-seater SUV], a buffalo, and a gun. They will use their Scorpio to tie their buffalo, and they’ll guard both with their gun,” says Gwalior resident Bahadur Khushwa, jokingly. More than 60 percent of gun owners in the region are rural farmers. They usually cite security concerns for gun ownership, but when probed further, most admit that guns are status symbols in a rural society where the power of a household is measured by its firepower.
https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/g ... in-gwalior
Good people. Very similar to America, the elite classes are trying to keep the untouchables from being able to defend themselves....
noddy

Post by noddy »

i think you will find all of northern india and the surrounding 'stan countries are chock full of deplorables with guns.

they have been doing that since forever.
ultracrepidarian