Spengler Discovers Hungarian Suicide

Hoosiernorm

Spengler Discovers Hungarian Suicide

Post by Hoosiernorm »

http://pjmedia.com/spengler/2012/07/12/ ... epage=true
Hungarians are disappearing faster than any other nationality. Ethnic Hungarians, according to unpublished government data, have a fertility rate of 0.83 — fewer than one child per woman, after the high birth rate of the local Roma population is excluded. If the Roma are included, the fertility rate is just 1.28. In the global ranking of suicide rates, Hungary ranks sixth out of 107 countries where data is available, at 40 per 100,000 population per year — a four-way tie with South Korea, Guyana, and Kazakhstan (only Lithuania is noticeably higher).
Plus an extended conversation on Gefilte fish (carp vs pike).
Been busy doing stuff
Demon of Undoing

Re: Spengler Discovers Hungarian Suicide

Post by Demon of Undoing »

Well, the answer is clear.

Starcraft. Starcraft II, to be precise. Haven't read the article, but I'm sure the premise is this:

Hungarian birth rate>Hungarian suicide rate>Korean suicide rate>Starcraft II obsession>Jews are about to be killed off in space> Jews are the only eternal people.

There, I just spared you the Gefilte fish. I've had it; you should thank me later.
Hoosiernorm

Post by Hoosiernorm »

Demon of Undoing wrote:Well, the answer is clear.

Starcraft. Starcraft II, to be precise. Haven't read the article, but I'm sure the premise is this:

Hungarian birth rate>Hungarian suicide rate>Korean suicide rate>Starcraft II obsession>Jews are about to be killed off in space> Jews are the only eternal people.

There, I just spared you the Gefilte fish. I've had it; you should thank me later.
Oh yeah, did you like the part where he cites a stormfront forum (that friggin blew me away).
Been busy doing stuff
monster_gardener
Location: Trolla. Land of upside down trees and tomatos........

Jews in Space..... Defending the Hebrew Race.........

Post by monster_gardener »

Thank You Very Much for your Post, Bezerk Savant Demon.
Jews are about to be killed off in space
Nope.......... ;) 8-) :lol:

ZAZhtT-dUyo
For the love of G_d, consider you & I may be mistaken.
Orion Must Rise: Killer Space Rocks Coming Our way
The Best Laid Plans of Men, Monkeys & Pigs Oft Go Awry
Woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord, for It is Darkness, Not Light
Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

g00glebeast has other plans for spengfor.........'>........

Yet again, like an ongoing yeast infection. I don't see ATOL putting up with too much more of this bother for all the (legitimate) traffic this place supports. Really........
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
YMix

Post by YMix »

The first thing of interest was seeing that Calinescu comments on Spengman's articles. If any of you post over there, please invite him over.

The second thing of interest was noting that Hungarians disappear faster than Romanians. 8-)
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
The Kushner sh*t is greasy - Stevie B.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Hoosiernorm wrote:http://pjmedia.com/spengler/2012/07/12/ ... epage=true
Hungarians are disappearing faster than any other nationality. Ethnic Hungarians, according to unpublished government data, have a fertility rate of 0.83 — fewer than one child per woman, after the high birth rate of the local Roma population is excluded. If the Roma are included, the fertility rate is just 1.28. In the global ranking of suicide rates, Hungary ranks sixth out of 107 countries where data is available, at 40 per 100,000 population per year — a four-way tie with South Korea, Guyana, and Kazakhstan (only Lithuania is noticeably higher).
Linear extrapolation into the future is a suckers pastime.

Repeatedly showing up at your hosts online homes and taking the electronic equivalent of a steaming dump on their dining room floor is not going to endear whiners such as Spenglerman to anyone but his most slavish followers.

Even if it may be slightly deserved.
Hoosiernorm wrote:Plus an extended conversation on Gefilte fish (carp vs pike).
I've tried it. Was completely underwhelmed by the taste and texture.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Typhoon

Re: Jews in Space..... Defending the Hebrew Race.........

Post by Typhoon »

monster_gardener wrote: . . .

ZAZhtT-dUyo
Funnier than Spaceballs.

The one great Looney Tunes + Alien tribute scene

Sh1exCwGiY0

could not carry the rest of that movie.

This from someone who is thinks that Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein are comedy classics.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Typhoon wrote:
Hoosiernorm wrote:http://pjmedia.com/spengler/2012/07/12/ ... epage=true
Linear extrapolation into the future is a suckers pastime.
Just so. What would Spengler's demographics essays have looked like in 1950? Still, a straight line is much easier for some people to understand.
Ibrahim

Post by Ibrahim »

Hoosiernorm wrote:

Oh yeah, did you like the part where he cites a stormfront forum (that friggin blew me away).
They share many views, only differing on a crucial detail about exactly which is the superior/chosen race.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

So once again no factual issues with anything he wrote?
Censorship isn't necessary
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

The entire thesis of the article is that a high national suicide rate means that the people "hate life". There are some glaring factual and logical errors there.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

That could be, for example it could mean life really sucks in Hungary. But isn't that sort of just smooshing the cake frosting around?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:So once again no factual issues with anything he wrote?
Well, that would make sense if what Spenglerman wrote about was factual.
Hungary’s gefilte fish stands as the last living memorial to one of the most talented communities the world has ever known. Hungarian Jews included seven of Hungary’s ten Nobel Prize winners, physicists like Von Neumann, Teller, Szilard, and von Karman, conductors like Solti, Szell, Kertesz, and Reiner, and a host of other cultural and scientific giants.
Spenglerman should have certainly included the physicist Eugene Wigner by name.

Von Neumann, Teller, Szilard, von Karman, and Wigner all escaped the Nazis and ended up in the US where they made fundamental contributions to physics and mathematics and helped to educate a new generation of American physicists.

However, Spenglerman is living in the past. Europe did recover. Recall that the first evidence for the Higgs boson was announced by the two LHC experiments at CERN this year.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

So were the statistics he cited in error?
YMix

Post by YMix »

There's nothing factual in what he wrote. Spengman's basic idea is that a high birth rate equals a happy life. By that rationale, the population of Malawi (41 births per 1,000 population) is twice happier than Israel's population (19 births per 1,000 population). Somehow I doubt it works like this.

He did add to this article another factor: suicide rates. Based on suicide rates, Venezuela (5.3 per 100,000 people) is far happier than Israel (9.9 per 100,000 people).

Apparently, deep poverty and/or communism make people happy. Who would've thought of it?
“There are a lot of killers. We’ve got a lot of killers. What, do you think our country’s so innocent? Take a look at what we’ve done, too.” - Donald J. Trump, President of the USA
Demon of Undoing

Post by Demon of Undoing »

YMix wrote:
There's nothing factual in what he wrote. Spengman's basic idea is that a high birth rate equals a happy life. By that rationale, the population of Malawi (41 births per 1,000 population) is twice happier than Israel's population (19 births per 1,000 population). Somehow I doubt it works like this.

He did add to this article another factor: suicide rates. Based on suicide rates, Venezuela (5.3 per 100,000 people) is far happier than Israel (9.9 per 100,000 people).

Apparently, deep poverty and/or communism make people happy. Who would've thought of it?
Shut up, you!

Damn Romanian Mafia. Callinescu pops up, and next comments like this! Do we need to talk about those Romanian Nazi divisions?! Don't make the Yids pull the Godwin guns! Again, I mean!
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

YMix wrote:

It sounds like you couldn't find any error in the statistics though. IOW there is nothing factual in what he wrote other than the facts.

As for your examples, it seems like you aren't using large enough sample sizes.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Feel free to come up with other examples while packing up your bags to move to Malawi. I'm sure the roaming armed gangs in that African shithole could do with some capitalism and Republicanism. But at least people are so happy and fertile there that the entire country must be rocking to the rhythm of genuflecting.

The fact remains that, according to Spengman's theory, if I donate my sperm to a sperm bank and it is used to make 10-15 children, then I'm the happiest poster on this forum. Far happier than you, Mr. Perfect. Just like that.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:
YMix wrote:

It sounds like you couldn't find any error in the statistics though. IOW there is nothing factual in what he wrote other than the facts.

As for your examples, it seems like you aren't using large enough sample sizes.
Allow me to google that for you

List of sovereign states and dependent territories by fertility rate

The good citizens of Niger, Guinea-Bissau, and, last-but-not-least, Afghanistan must be happy to the point of delirium.

Not to mention the ebullient citizens of Grenada, Hondura, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Antigua and Barbuda, and, of course, Haiti:

List of countries by suicide rate

____

A fundamental problem with Spenglerman's analysis, so-called, is that it ignores other factors.

Industrialization almost invariably leads to a rapid drop in the fertility rate, in part to the increase in the probability of survival of an infant into adulthood, in part due to the inevitable changes in family structure: the kids move to the big cities, the parents stay back on the farm -> nuclear family.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Ok, but isn't that apples to oranges? Wouldn't we compare industrialized nations to industrialized nations then?
YMix

Post by YMix »

Not really.
Spengman makes the comparison across the board.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Isn't a country that ranks so low across the board notable?
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote:Isn't a country that ranks so low across the board notable?
Hungary not exceptional in either fertility or suicide rates.

It's Spenglerman's absurdist inference that it's a current lack of Jewishness that's responsible that is notable as comic relief.
YMix

Post by YMix »

Or, if you want to split hairs, you could look up the demographics of Israel and find this Frigginpedia quote:
The growth rate of the Arab population in Israel is 2.6%, while the growth rate of the Jewish population in Israel is 1.7%. The growth rate of both the Jewish and Arab population has slowed from 3.8% in 1999 to 2.6% in 2008 for Arab and 2.7% to 1.7% for the Jewish population. The fastest growing segment of population are Arab Muslims with the latest growth rate of 2.8% for 2008.[20]
So, if you exclude the Arabs, it turns out that Spengman's happy Jews aren't that happy anymore. At 1.7%, they fall to 169 in the "List of sovereign states and dependent territories by fertility rate," within 30 places of Hungary and in the bottom quarter of the index. And the figure could probably be reduced even further by splitting the Israeli birth rate between the urban&Westernized part of the country and the backward Orthodox/settler population, whose reproduction habits must push the overall rate higher.
Isn't a country that ranks so low across the board notable?
So does Switzerland, for that matter (189th in birth rates, 16th in suicide). And Belarus (214th, 5th) I wonder what a rich country and a very poor one have in common? Probably nothing. I bet the Swiss even have their Jews and that stupid fish dish.