China

Doc

Re: China

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:47 am US universities and liberal work visa programs were once an extremely effective method of spreading American values around the globe. It's been fascinating to see the change in Chinese knowledge workers' attitudes about this country comparing 15-20 years ago to the present. The CCP has really delivered for them. Right now, as I type this, Chinese cities are booming and COVID is vanquished there. Markets, restaurants, and public play spaces are brimming with happy people. I think the pandemic will mark a turning point in global perceptions about the US and its "way of life".
Yeah apparently they expect a great deal from Biden.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets ... r-BB1aGpqG
China's yuan has its worst fall in years before recovering on US election swings

Now why is that? :roll:
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Traders are pricing in a rollback of pointless and arbitrary tariffs that have harmed US consumers without doing anything to make us more competitive.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:55 am Traders are pricing in a rollback of pointless and arbitrary tariffs that have harmed US consumers without doing anything to make us more competitive.
As the old saying goes Wall Street is not Main street. Wealth inequality grows. You say you are against Wealth inequality yet you cheer it on. Now why is that Zack Morris? ;)
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doc wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:38 am
Zack Morris wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:55 am Traders are pricing in a rollback of pointless and arbitrary tariffs that have harmed US consumers without doing anything to make us more competitive.
As the old saying goes Wall Street is not Main street.
We know. Voters communicated that to the President last week.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:50 pm
Doc wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:38 am
As the old saying goes Wall Street is not Main street.
We know. Voters communicated that to the President last week.
OIC that is why the stock market went up as well as the Chinese Yuan after it appeared that Biden would win the Presidency ;)
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

I hope that Biden brings in Taiwanese or PRC consultants to fix our coronavirus response. I would be completely in favor of leasing United States governance to them for a period of 8 years. They're so much more competent than us.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:18 am I hope that Biden brings in Taiwanese or PRC consultants to fix our coronavirus response. I would be completely in favor of leasing United States governance to them for a period of 8 years. They're so much more competent than us.
Well if Biden asks his boss a few months from now if he will surely throw old Joe a bone and let consultants from the province of Tiawan to come to the US to do that. They will likely suggest that Huawei 5G is the answer for tracking CCP-Virus cases and the towers and equipment should be installed ASAP So everyone can have a Huawei 5g phone. The CCP this is the most effective means to stop the CCP-Virus
Last edited by Doc on Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doc wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:15 am
Zack Morris wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:18 am I hope that Biden brings in Taiwanese or PRC consultants to fix our coronavirus response. I would be completely in favor of leasing United States governance to them for a period of 8 years. They're so much more competent than us.
Well if Biden asks his boss a few months from now if he will surely throw old Joe a bone and let consultants from the province of Tiawan to come to the US to do that. They will likely suggest that Huawei 5G is the answer for tracking CCP-Virus cases and the towers and equipment should be installed ASAP So everyone can have a Huawei 5g phone. The CCP this is th emost effective means to stop the CCP-Virus
Since the US free enterprise system is incapable of developing affordable 5G hardware, go ahead and install the Chinese stuff. Better health outcomes and better technology -- what else are they better at than us and what are we resisting them for?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:03 am
Doc wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:15 am
Well if Biden asks his boss a few months from now if he will surely throw old Joe a bone and let consultants from the province of Tiawan to come to the US to do that. They will likely suggest that Huawei 5G is the answer for tracking CCP-Virus cases and the towers and equipment should be installed ASAP So everyone can have a Huawei 5g phone. The CCP this is th emost effective means to stop the CCP-Virus
Since the US free enterprise system is incapable of developing affordable 5G hardware, go ahead and install the Chinese stuff. Better health outcomes and better technology -- what else are they better at than us and what are we resisting them for?
Free enterprise? I think not "free enterprise for me but not for thee" is not capitalism or free enterprise Currently in the US the name of the game is crony capitalism. Not free enterprise. excessive greed on the part of extremely wealthy people in places like Sillycons Valley and New York and Boston.

Mostly wealthy white people who feel the Great wealthy white man's burden Who live in their bubble and look on everyone else as not even serfs. No you look at them as cows.
2fd0in.jpg
2fd0in.jpg (102.99 KiB) Viewed 2503 times
We have already seen this movie...
holocaust.jpg
holocaust.jpg (51.03 KiB) Viewed 2503 times
~ 58 minutes in.... Or click here: https://youtu.be/6idYZ25Qq6w?t=3365

6idYZ25Qq6w
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doc wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:13 pm Free enterprise? I think not "free enterprise for me but not for thee" is not capitalism or free enterprise Currently in the US the name of the game is crony capitalism. Not free enterprise. excessive greed on the part of extremely wealthy people in places like Sillycons Valley and New York and Boston.
You do realize that industry lobbyists and cronies have proliferated unchecked during the Trump administration?
Mostly wealthy white people who feel the Great wealthy white man's burden Who live in their bubble and look on everyone else as not even serfs. No you look at them as cows.
Moo hoo hoo.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:50 am
Doc wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:13 pm Free enterprise? I think not "free enterprise for me but not for thee" is not capitalism or free enterprise Currently in the US the name of the game is crony capitalism. Not free enterprise. excessive greed on the part of extremely wealthy people in places like Sillycons Valley and New York and Boston.
You do realize that industry lobbyists and cronies have proliferated unchecked during the Trump administration?
Link?
Doc

Post by Doc »

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/m/c3a968a8-7 ... first.html
China has begun its first prosecution of a coronavirus citizen journalist

Jane Li

By Jane Li

China tech reporter
November 19, 2020

In the early days of the coronavirus pandemic, citizen journalists in China were a vital source of first-hand information in a country where freedom of speech is heavily curtailed. Yet soon many disappeared into China’s opaque judicial system, and the first has now been formally charged.

Zhang Zhan, who was detained in May, is accused of “picking quarrels and provoking troubles,” a catch-all allegation commonly levied against activists in China. The Shanghai public prosecutor’s office said that Zhang had published “a large amount of false information” in videos and writing through WeChat, Twitter, and YouTube since Feb. 3, when she arrived in Wuhan, according to an indictment provided by Zhang’s friend Li Dawei.

“Zhang also accepted interviews from foreign media outlets like the Epoch Times and Radio Free Asia to maliciously hype up the situation in Wuhan, reaching a wide audience and causing a negative impact,” the indictment, dated Sept. 15 but posted by Li online on Nov. 13, said. The prosecutor’s office, which didn’t reply to a request for comment, is recommending a sentence of four to five years.

In China, citizen journalists are rare because they can’t obtain the official accreditation required to report news. But amid increased public anger against authorities due to the belief they suppressed information about the new disease—in the early days of January, doctors who shared information about a cluster of unexplained respiratory illness were harassed by police—several traveled to Wuhan. From the epicenter of the coronavirus at the start of the pandemic, they tried to document the situation for people in China and the outside world.

Zhang, for example, posted 11 videos on YouTube about the situation in Wuhan, showing city’s empty train station and streets, as well as her clashes with local police who asked her what she was doing. She also criticized the Wuhan government’s treatment of coronavirus victims, including a mother who was seeking justice (video) for her daughter who contracted Covid-19 during her stay at a local hospital in mid-January, when the government had yet to admit that the virus could be transmitted human-to-human. Her daughter eventually died of the illness.

Three other citizen journalists—Chen Qiushi, Fang Bin, and Li Zehua—all disappeared in February as soon as their coverage of Wuhan during the pandemic started to gain traction online. Li Zehua resurfaced in April, saying he had been taken by police on suspicion of disturbing public order but was later released as the authorities did not press charges. Meanwhile, Chen and Fang’s whereabouts still aren’t known, though Chen is reportedly staying under home surveillance at his parents’ house. A friend who runs Chen’s Twitter page, and has been updating the account regularly to keep attention on Chen’s disappearance, was unable to get in touch with Chen to confirm that he is indeed under house surveillance.

In part, dissatisfaction with the information available from the government drove Zhang, a former lawyer, to take such risks, her friend Li explained, and so did her personal beliefs.

“As a committed Christian, Zhang thought it was her responsibility to tell people what was really happening in Wuhan. She visited the tombs of those who died of coronavirus and even went to local crematoriums to check whether the official death statistics were accurate. She took huge risks in doing those things,” said Li.

Wang Jianhong, a UK-based human rights activist, said her major worry is whether the authorities will put Zhang on trial secretly.

“Zhang’s case has had a huge international impact, which makes it even less likely for the authorities to open the trial to the public in order to avoid criticism…As long as Zhang no longer has a voice, she will not be seen as a threat to them,” said Wang, who initiated an online campaign to advocate for Zhang’s release. “The world hasn’t paid enough attention to this heroine.”

It’s nearly impossible to find Zhang’s writing or videos in China now, but some traces of her have slipped past censors to remain online.

“Where is Zhang Zhan? Wuhan remembers you,” wrote a user on China’s Weibo platform in May. Another post responded on Nov. 15, six months after Zhang vanished from the public sight, “She was just sentenced to jail.”
noddy

Post by noddy »

for the last 6 months China has been attacking Australia on all fronts, constantly.

full blow trade war, they have attempted to destroy as much of our export industry as they can, punishing anyone stupid enough to be exposed to them in an attempt to bring us politically under control and force a choice between them and the USA.

we have been paying the price for being small enough to attack without consequences.

luxury foods like wine and lobsters were the start and now its moved onto commodities like barley and raw materials.

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2020/1 ... on-itself/
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:48 am for the last 6 months China has been attacking Australia on all fronts, constantly.

full blow trade war, they have attempted to destroy as much of our export industry as they can, punishing anyone stupid enough to be exposed to them in an attempt to bring us politically under control and force a choice between them and the USA.

we have been paying the price for being small enough to attack without consequences.

luxury foods like wine and lobsters were the start and now its moved onto commodities like barley and raw materials.

I think Australia, like the US has more to worry about with your some of your political leadership

aeegrkPx0xE
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:48 am for the last 6 months China has been attacking Australia on all fronts, constantly.

If there has ever been any doubt about the extent of Chinese influence in the US MSM, Big Business, or pulling the strings of our political overlords..... after COVID-19 being the most serious of all the many existential threats of the last few decades, the one thing you will not hear on this side of the pond from the above is criticism of China for anything related to COVID.

Right from the start our MSM declared the travel ban from China to the US to be motivated by racism.

On one side of the scale there's public health concerns, and on the other side, then there is my boat payments, my mortgage, my alimony payments, my childcare payments, my career path plan, and my retirement plan.
noddy

Post by noddy »

the Chinese have now boycotted Australian crayfish, craft beer and steak so the local market is being flooded in these at record cheap prices now that their wealthy arent allowed to buy them any more.

its been a glorious Christmas feast for me, i am now happily moving myself into the covid risk group.

hopefully it wont last long enough to be fatal but its a good way to go anyway.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:41 pm the Chinese have now boycotted Australian crayfish, craft beer and steak so the local market is being flooded in these at record cheap prices now that their wealthy arent allowed to buy them any more.

its been a glorious Christmas feast for me, i am now happily moving myself into the covid risk group.

Obviously you have a lot of Merkin in your blood. Hope you don't mind if "we" attribute your glutinous OD to COVID and blame it on the Orange Man.

My buddy is 88 and has had a 5.5 cm aneurysm on his aorta for 10 months now. He has cut back his activity level per doctor's orders and the doctor says "I know you are listening to me cause your not dead. Keep listening to me and the aneurysm won't kill you, you'll just die of old age."

I said "Excellent, at least you don't have to worry about COVID. Or if you get COVID you can just go out and chop some wood for an hour. It's good to have options." He laughed and said "Yes, options are almost always wonderful."

Ya might want to keep a large amount of medicinal craft beer and steak on hand....... just in case!

Go out like a man with your boots on farting and belching all the way!!!!
Last edited by Simple Minded on Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:41 pm the Chinese have now boycotted Australian crayfish, craft beer and steak so the local market is being flooded in these at record cheap prices now that their wealthy arent allowed to buy them any more.

Actually with more thought, this is just part B of the Chinese plan. Japanese are immune to COVID due to common genetics with the Chinese. Strayans are immune to COVID due to decades of getting bit by poisonous animals, reptiles, insects, and eating 3 day old road kill.

Flooding the market with cheap tasty, toxic sustenance is brilliant. Hopefully the Strayan do-gooders won't ruin everything with sin taxes.

Enjoy what is left of your life. "Those of us who are about to die salute you!"
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Spenglerman reviews a recent book about China and opines on same.

David Goldman | Why China is Anti-Fragile
It is high time to focus on what China does right rather than what it does wrong—and undertake to do it better.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Id argue most of the west doesnt care about western philosophical rhetoric either.

you can tell who does by how often they have violent revolitions and whatnot, which is the French.

for the rest, stability beats theory 9 times out of 10 and for the Chinese, ive got the impression, its the same but more.

the real instability in china is the battle between the capitalists and the authoritarians - they are attacking the Alibaba group and they are attacking middle class luxury imports from Australia.

I dont have enough knowledge to guess how that plays out.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:38 am Id argue most of the west doesnt care about western philosophical rhetoric either.

you can tell who does by how often they have violent revolitions and whatnot, which is the French.

for the rest, stability beats theory 9 times out of 10 and for the Chinese, ive got the impression, its the same but more.

the real instability in china is the battle between the capitalists and the authoritarians - they are attacking the Alibaba group and they are attacking middle class luxury imports from Australia.

I dont have enough knowledge to guess how that plays out.
My impression is there is wide spread discontent among the Chinese people against the CCP. Especially among western educated in the west and primarily doctors that came to the US to get their medical degrees. Hence all of the leaks coming out of the CCP that are negative to it.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Colonel Sun wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:54 am Spenglerman reviews a recent book about China and opines on same.

David Goldman | Why China is Anti-Fragile
It is high time to focus on what China does right rather than what it does wrong—and undertake to do it better.
Wow, Goldman has been struck by common sense for once.

For people who are already living in an alternate reality of "Q drops", "stolen" elections, COVID denialism, and globalist duplicity, America's loss of pole position on the world stage is going to precipitate a dangerous social breakdown.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doc wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:40 pm My impression is there is wide spread discontent among the Chinese people against the CCP. Especially among western educated in the west and primarily doctors that came to the US to get their medical degrees. Hence all of the leaks coming out of the CCP that are negative to it.
This is a wild exaggeration or a misinterpretation of Chinese sentiment toward their government. They know enough to be skeptical of the CCP but they generally harbor a very positive view of their government. This has increased in the last few years, particularly in the last 12 months. Unlike parochial Americans, they do not see the CCP as some evil force, and they appreciate the complexities that the CCP has navigated to govern such a massive country while dramatically improving its peoples' lives.

Why would any Chinese listen to Westerners now? When they write the history books centuries from now, they'll depict us the way we depict the Arabs and the Ottomans.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:22 am
Doc wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:40 pm My impression is there is wide spread discontent among the Chinese people against the CCP. Especially among western educated in the west and primarily doctors that came to the US to get their medical degrees. Hence all of the leaks coming out of the CCP that are negative to it.
This is a wild exaggeration or a misinterpretation of Chinese sentiment toward their government. They know enough to be skeptical of the CCP but they generally harbor a very positive view of their government. This has increased in the last few years, particularly in the last 12 months. Unlike parochial Americans, they do not see the CCP as some evil force, and they appreciate the complexities that the CCP has navigated to govern such a massive country while dramatically improving its peoples' lives.

Why would any Chinese listen to Westerners now? When they write the history books centuries from now, they'll depict us the way we depict the Arabs and the Ottomans.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CPP-Virus Locking people into their homes until they die. Massive flooding Food shortages and now no electricity in the winter, because there is no coal to burn Since the CCP won't let Australian ships full of it into the country. Gawd you are such a joke.

But lets see if I can make your head explode Shall we?

No way the NYSE did this flip flop without Biden's go ahead. The Chinese companies are owned by the PLA and are a severe national security threat.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladityar ... 275d95e1b8
NYSE Drops Plans To Delist Three Chinese Telecom Companies Flagged By Trump Administration
:D
Doc

Post by Doc »

Doc wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:53 am
Zack Morris wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:22 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CPP-Virus Locking people into their homes until they die. Massive flooding Food shortages and now no electricity in the winter, because there is no coal to burn Since the CCP won't let Australian ships full of it into the country. Gawd you are such a joke.

But lets see if I can make your head explode Shall we?

No way the NYSE did this flip flop without Biden's go ahead. The Chinese companies are owned by the PLA and are a severe national security threat.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladityar ... 275d95e1b8
NYSE Drops Plans To Delist Three Chinese Telecom Companies Flagged By Trump Administration
:D
Oh lookee !!! Trump Admin tells NYSE to ignore not my President's orders not to delist PLA owned companies

AxkpnmQevq8