Issues of Race in the USA

Doc

Re: Issues of Race in the USA

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:00 am
Colonel Sun wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:20 pm
That's civilizational collapse.
Yep! Lots of different types of "civilization" over here. Celebrate diversity!

Listening to the news blips on the radio, the quip is always "White cop shoots black person." Only the details that fit the narrative are mentioned. Never "Cop shoots person resisting arrest." or "Cop shoots person wanted for violent felonies." or "Cop shoots person who tries to take his gun." or "Cop shoots armed suspect after chase."

I think most of America still views the current news cycle as the MSM obsessed with local patches of insane culture, and trying to paint all of the country with the same brush. Strangely enough, the local aspect of the events are never emphasized. It is always an indictment of all of Western Civilization.

"Universities? Portand? Chicago? NYC? Politicians? Hasn't that crowd always been crazy? What's new about that?"
It is performative art by "starving ar'tists".
q5Uh0yG0ckM
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Cincinnati Reds Go Out of Their Way to Avoid Controvery
Given that our world has gone nuts, the new given is that nothing sensible is any longer a given. Thus we present another True Or False, brought to you by law firm of Null & Void:

OK, sports fans, true or false: At Cincinnati Reds home games, the sign in left field that tracks the number of strikeouts by Reds pitchers with a string of “K’s” does not include the third strikeout after it occurs, thus avoiding the appearance of “KKK”?

True!

According to longtime Cincinnati sports radio host Andy Furman, as well as his listeners, after the fourth strikeout, the third K is inserted, thus the sign next reads, “KKKK.” Until then, the third strikeout is withheld and the sign reads, “KK.”

This is to avoid any appearance that the Reds are endorsing, supporting or promoting the Ku Klux Klan. Seriously. Otherwise, those attending the ballgames might think there’s a Klan meeting being held just beyond the left-field wall!

But the KKK would choose to rally in extreme right field, not left. And it’s not enough that communists — “Reds” — and the Klan have for decades been mortal enemies.

But these Reds are taking no chances, even if the “K’s” are posted in conjunction with a separate local sponsorship promotion that offers free pizza if Cincy pitchers reach 11 strikeouts.
'K' has been the symbol for a strike out since 1868. A backwards 'K' means the batter struck out without swinging.

As far as I'm aware, the practice of posting 'K' outside of a program scorecard dates back to the 1980s and the Mets teenage phenom Dwight Gooden, whose nickname was "Doc Gooden" or "Doctor K".

owYPmgArkyQ

The first three years of Gooden's pitching career were exceptional, though he is a rather sad story of a troubled guy with drug and alcohol issues which derailed his career and with which he still struggles.

But the tradition of going to the stadium and taping 'K' signs to the upper deck facade to celebrate pitching prowess almost immediately spread through the league and became a league wide tradition, to the point some teams incorporating it totally into the ballpark space (whether as a feature or, usually, apart of their advertising).

It would take a real sick, superstitious mind to not get the context of a group of letters in terms of baseball. Someone may not (and need not) know the history of it but it is a genuine tradition at this point. It's up there will singing take me out to the ballgame during the seventh-inning stretch and (very recently) the league-wide spread of the Chicago Cubs practice of throwing home run balls hit by the opposing players back onto the field.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Didn’t the Reds have a PR problem with that racist female owner a few decades back?
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
NapLajoieonSteroids

Post by NapLajoieonSteroids »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:56 pm Didn’t the Reds have a PR problem with that racist female owner a few decades back?
Yes, the very eccentric and very lonely Marge Schott.

To sum her up, she complained about a game being delayed because the home plate umpire died of a heart attack. Then she re-gifted flowers sent to her by sending them to the guy's wake.

She was bigoted, miserly and selfish. She had a very limited sense of the world. She was poor white trash who stumbled into money and purchased the team she was fanatical about, but no real sense in how to run it. It was the only thing she had, as her husband had died at a very early age and by all accounts her life sort of ended there too.

The game was becoming too expensive with too much money at stake for someone like her to own a team.

Her cheapness when it came to keeping prices incredibly low in Cincinnati may have been popular with fans (those who didn't care she loathed to spend anything on the team itself) but it was very unpopular with her fellow owners. Keeping the Reds as cheap as possible hurt the bottom line of everyone else. So in hindsight, a lot of the Marge Schott stuff seems like laundered anecdotes from MLB sources to MLB-friendly media to create a feedback loop of ill will and scandal.

A lot of it, not all. For all the gossip, she did publicly state twice that Adolf Hitler was good for Germany early on but just went too far later down the road. Both her suspensions were related to that, and she really stuck to her guns on that one.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Doc wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:46 am
Colonel Sun wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:47 am City J | A Troubled Rule of Law
The pervasive sense that cities would burn if Derek Chauvin were not convicted raises questions about whether the jury’s verdict was reached dispassionately.
As Pool says in his video I posted the people in those localities did not vote for the police. If people don't want the protection of the police then those police should do nothing.
People very much want the protection of the police. They don’t want to be murdered by poorly trained officers.

Funny that the people most upset about officers being held accountable are the same people who so proudly maintain the ability to protect themselves with firearms. It’s almost as if they need the police for some other purpose, to enforce some unspoken order...
Doc

Post by Doc »

Zack Morris wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:07 am
Doc wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:46 am
Colonel Sun wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:47 am City J | A Troubled Rule of Law
The pervasive sense that cities would burn if Derek Chauvin were not convicted raises questions about whether the jury’s verdict was reached dispassionately.
As Pool says in his video I posted the people in those localities did not vote for the police. If people don't want the protection of the police then those police should do nothing.
People very much want the protection of the police. They don’t want to be murdered by poorly trained officers.
I agree That is probably the major part of the problem.

Funny that the people most upset about officers being held accountable are the same people who so proudly maintain the ability to protect themselves with firearms. It’s almost as if they need the police for some other purpose, to enforce some unspoken order...
I think that most people don't want to see anyone die. 27 unarmed black Americans died at the hands of the police I believe that is from 2019. 13 were shot to death. Of those 13 shot each was a unique circumstance. As for the 14 that died from other causes the examples that come to mind are Eric Garner and Freddy Gray.

In Garner's case basically no one was held responsible for his death over more or less $2,86 a pack cigarette tax. In Grays case police were charged but it turn out they were charged for the initial arrest on the length of the knife he was carrying. Under Maryland law it was legal. Under Baltimore city law it was not legal. Yet the prosecutor ignored the Baltimore law and brought charges against the arresting police saying it was an illegal arrest when it was not illegal.

Neither should have died.

What it looks like to me is the real issue is the number of times police pull over or stop people. I heard of one guy (white) that had been pulled over by police 192 times over 20 or 30 years. He said he has long hair and tattoos and drives an older car.

I imagine he was more than a little paranoid over that. Which changes attitudes towards being pulled over by the police. But police are trained in many cases improperly. They don't do enough community outreach. And they judge people too much by appearances.

Not doing community outreach gives grifters like the people that own the BLM web site and opening to grift. Judging bu appearances is just a follow on to not knowing the people they are interacting with. IE no community outreach.

This is basically the same issue with our more and more surveillance society and any social credit system. Making judgement of people without enough applicable information as to who they are. A long time ago Police used to patrol walk in a specific neighborhood where they knew everyone. Now they never walk and sometimes ride a bike.

I saw a Youtube channel where a younger couple is building their own house. Someone reported them as being at the Capitol building on Jan 6th. They were in the DC area over Christmas not Jan 6th. But someone reported them as being there . Which resulted in the police showing up at their home to interview them, as if they had committed a crime.

But the big issue is that BLM was originally made up of people that were strictly non violent. I remember seeing BLM protestors grabbing a guy at a protest that was breaking lose paving stones to throw at the police. The protestors shoved him into the police line for the police to arrest him. But after the movement was co-opted by the grifters that advocated violence BLM lost a lot of of the support it previously had. SO apparently their goal was not to get wide spread support but to make money for themselves.

They are part of the problem not the solution.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Zack Morris wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:07 am Funny that the people most upset about officers being held accountable are the same people who so proudly maintain the ability to protect themselves with firearms. It’s almost as if they need the police for some other purpose, to enforce some unspoken order...
Doc wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:49 pm I think that most people don't want to see anyone die. 27 unarmed black Americans died at the hands of the police I believe that is from 2019. 13 were shot to death. Of those 13 shot each was a unique circumstance. As for the 14 that died from other causes the examples that come to mind are Eric Garner and Freddy Gray.

In Garner's case basically no one was held responsible for his death over more or less $2,86 a pack cigarette tax. In Grays case police were charged but it turn out they were charged for the initial arrest on the length of the knife he was carrying. Under Maryland law it was legal. Under Baltimore city law it was not legal. Yet the prosecutor ignored the Baltimore law and brought charges against the arresting police saying it was an illegal arrest when it was not illegal.

Neither should have died.

What it looks like to me is the real issue is the number of times police pull over or stop people. I heard of one guy (white) that had been pulled over by police 192 times over 20 or 30 years. He said he has long hair and tattoos and drives an older car.

I imagine he was more than a little paranoid over that. Which changes attitudes towards being pulled over by the police. But police are trained in many cases improperly. They don't do enough community outreach. And they judge people too much by appearances.

Not doing community outreach gives grifters like the people that own the BLM web site and opening to grift. Judging bu appearances is just a follow on to not knowing the people they are interacting with. IE no community outreach.

This is basically the same issue with our more and more surveillance society and any social credit system. Making judgement of people without enough applicable information as to who they are. A long time ago Police used to patrol walk in a specific neighborhood where they knew everyone. Now they never walk and sometimes ride a bike.

I saw a Youtube channel where a younger couple is building their own house. Someone reported them as being at the Capitol building on Jan 6th. They were in the DC area over Christmas not Jan 6th. But someone reported them as being there . Which resulted in the police showing up at their home to interview them, as if they had committed a crime.

But the big issue is that BLM was originally made up of people that were strictly non violent. I remember seeing BLM protestors grabbing a guy at a protest that was breaking lose paving stones to throw at the police. The protestors shoved him into the police line for the police to arrest him. But after the movement was co-opted by the grifters that advocated violence BLM lost a lot of of the support it previously had. SO apparently their goal was not to get wide spread support but to make money for themselves.

They are part of the problem not the solution.
Here I think Zack was talking about BLM/Antifa: they need the police

Hard to be a dragon slayer if the people you want to impress don't believe dragons exist.

Good news is lots of lefties in the riot burdened cities bought guns over the last year. They just might decide to use them next time the arson and looting start. A well armed lefty living in the riot zone just might decide "they don't need the police." Problem solved.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

I heard a great audio clip on the radio today. Woke, black punk decides to demonstrate his wokeness by getting in the face of a black police officer:

Woke, black punk: "You gonna shoot me like Ma'Khia Bryant?"
Black cop: "You gonna try to stab somebody?"

Those are the cops I grew up with. Don't f**k with em and there won't be any problems! Damn shame more parents don't share that with their chirrun these days......
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Attachments
asians.jpg
asians.jpg (118.33 KiB) Viewed 11771 times
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

skip forward to 5:40 to miss Glenn's long winded introduction.

6YJS421sCrg
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:18 am skip forward to 5:40 to miss Glenn's long winded introduction.

6YJS421sCrg
Not going to happen in the US. Sounds a lot like Jim Crow.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Simple Minded wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:59 am Those are the cops I grew up with. Don't f**k with em and there won't be any problems! Damn shame more parents don't share that with their chirrun these days......
This is classic victim blaming. The problem is that US police are effectively above the law. The reason for this is the extreme violence of Americans -- a cultural defect -- requiring police to be even more aggressive in asserting the state monopoly on violence.

Americans are, in general, gluttons for punishment owing to warped and archaic ideas about authority and justice. Many Americans find perverse virtue in living under an unforgiving, impersonal criminal justice system and as much as they grumble about the government, they are infatuated with its martial power. They mistakenly feel that the imposing and awe-inspiring nature of the system reflects on them as individuals. "I am a real badass because I live in a country that doesn't f**k around."

"Socialized health care? WHO NEEDS IT! I'm tough. Now watch me go whine about liberals on Facebook because I have no close family or friends who care about me."
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Zack Morris wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:50 pm
Simple Minded wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:59 am Those are the cops I grew up with. Don't f**k with em and there won't be any problems! Damn shame more parents don't share that with their chirrun these days......
This is classic victim blaming. The problem is that US police are effectively above the law. The reason for this is the extreme violence of Americans -- a cultural defect -- requiring police to be even more aggressive in asserting the state monopoly on violence.

Americans are, in general, gluttons for punishment owing to warped and archaic ideas about authority and justice. Many Americans find perverse virtue in living under an unforgiving, impersonal criminal justice system and as much as they grumble about the government, they are infatuated with its martial power. They mistakenly feel that the imposing and awe-inspiring nature of the system reflects on them as individuals. "I am a real badass because I live in a country that doesn't f**k around."

"Socialized health care? WHO NEEDS IT! I'm tough. Now watch me go whine about liberals on Facebook because I have no close family or friends who care about me."
:lol: Zack, re-read the first paragraph you posted above. Very slowly. Several times. Seriously!

I think you might be confusing victim blaming with suicide by cop. The real question is why did these individuals want to die?

I suspect some of them did not intend to die that day, they were just to f**king stupid to realize that when you pick a fight with some carrying a deadly weapon, it's a possibility it won't end well for you.

I heard so many younger parents say "You have to pick your battles!" in regards to their disrespectful/disobedient teenage brats. I would bet a lot of the parents of these kids getting killed (by cops, their peers, relatives, drugs, rivals, etc.) decided on any particular day, to not fight the battle du jour'.

Give them Darwin awards or ask their parents why they did not teach their children (before the kids were taken away from them) a few basic pacts of life? Perhaps just a wee bit of knowledge of physics would have allowed most of them to live a much longer life.
Zack Morris

Post by Zack Morris »

Simple Minded wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:51 am I think you might be confusing victim blaming with suicide by cop. The real question is why did these individuals want to die?
Most of the videos I've seen show people who decidedly do not want to die. George Floyd didn't want to die, he even began the encounter by beginning not to get shot, knowing the danger he was in. He was restrained and then murdered in cold blood. I've seen too many videos of this nature to count.

Why are the cops even armed? Oh, right, because we have an uncontrolled gun problem that other developed nations don't.
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Zack Morris wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:23 am
Simple Minded wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:51 am I think you might be confusing victim blaming with suicide by cop. The real question is why did these individuals want to die?
Most of the videos I've seen show people who decidedly do not want to die. George Floyd didn't want to die, he even began the encounter by beginning not to get shot, knowing the danger he was in. He was restrained and then murdered in cold blood. I've seen too many videos of this nature to count.

Why are the cops even armed? Oh, right, because we have an uncontrolled gun problem that other developed nations don't.
People who have no sense of personal responsibility generaly, really suck at becoming cognizant about linking cause and effect.
They also always blame society when they reached the logical end of where their actions are leading them.
They also always talk about how the existence of inanimate objects created irresistible influences in their lives.

Welcome to Planet Self-Destruct!

Want to live a long and happy life? Don't live a life of crime. Don't hoop Phentenal. Don't try to pass counterfeit money. Don't try to stab another person in front of a cop. Don't resist arrest when you get caught breaking the law. Don't step in front of a speeding train. Don't jump out the window on the 40th floor. etc.

Kinda like the old joke about Johnny picking up the red hot horse shoe.

Easily prevented by a little bit of parenting while they are children. But a significant number of parents don't feel the need to instill civilized behavior in their yutes these days.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Simple Minded wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:45 pm
Easily prevented by a little bit of parenting while they are children. But a significant number of parents don't feel the need to instill civilized behavior in their yutes these days.
this is the current state of the modern argument, the other bits are history.

so the trick is, do you just keep shooting ghetto kids or do you try and reduce their ghettoness, and how does one reduce their ghettoness without getting into stolen generations and cultural genocide (tm)

its all much simpler if you stick to the keep shooting em till they learn angle but a heap of folks are uncomfortable with that.

personally, I have no idea on the subject - these things bubble away until they dont , except its probably not going to be shooting that fixes it.
ultracrepidarian
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

noddy wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:10 am

so the trick is, do you just keep shooting ghetto kids or do you try and reduce their ghettoness, and how does one reduce their ghettoness without getting into stolen generations and cultural genocide (tm)

its all much simpler if you stick to the keep shooting em till they learn angle but a heap of folks are uncomfortable with that.

personally, I have no idea on the subject - these things bubble away until they dont , except its probably not going to be shooting that fixes it.
Current state of the art thinking in Merika boils down to two schools.

The first group believes that people are individuals with free will and control of their destinies.
Second group believes that "their group" (Whites, blacks, lefties, righties, etc.) are herd animals with no control over their thoughts or behavior, but are always steered and/or victimized by the irroestiable influence of "society."

To the second group, blacks shooting blacks is fine, whites shooting blacks or whites is bad (therefore we need more gun control), and blacks shooting whites is payback (why should anyone object).

To the first group, skin color/group identity is irrelevant, and the question is "Why did Fred do what he did to Joe?"

The first group are much more effective problem solvers.

Belonging to the second group is more lucrative and gets you more power and larger internet followings.

The girl who recently got shot by the cop while she was in the process of trying to stab another girl is a textbook example. The cop car rolls up, neither the cop nor the car are invisible, she decides to move in front of the cop to try to kill another person in broad daylight, while shouting "I'm gonna stab the f**k out of you Bitch!"

Not sure I have the knowledge or resources to "fix" that person's hard drive or software. Get enough of them together and you have a localized mini-culture.

What does the existence of that mini-culture in a nation of 300+ million people, and millions of other mini-cultures say about the fact that we lack an all controlling culture?

I think you might have hit on a viable solution in the other thread with govt sponsored voluntary isolation chambers with free bread and circuses. Out of sight, out of mind. Worked for their parents.....
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:37 am
noddy wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:10 am

Current state of the art thinking in Merika boils down to two schools.

The first group believes that people are individuals with free will and control of their destinies.
Second group believes that "their group" (Whites, blacks, lefties, righties, etc.) are herd animals with no control over their thoughts or behavior, but are always steered and/or victimized by the irroestiable influence of "society."

To the second group, blacks shooting blacks is fine, whites shooting blacks or whites is bad (therefore we need more gun control), and blacks shooting whites is payback (why should anyone object).

To the first group, skin color/group identity is irrelevant, and the question is "Why did Fred do what he did to Joe?"

The first group are much more effective problem solvers.

Belonging to the second group is more lucrative and gets you more power and larger internet followings.

The girl who recently got shot by the cop while she was in the process of trying to stab another girl is a textbook example. The cop car rolls up, neither the cop nor the car are invisible, she decides to move in front of the cop to try to kill another person in broad daylight, while shouting "I'm gonna stab the f**k out of you Bitch!"

Not sure I have the knowledge or resources to "fix" that person's hard drive or software. Get enough of them together and you have a localized mini-culture.

What does the existence of that mini-culture in a nation of 300+ million people, and millions of other mini-cultures say about the fact that we lack an all controlling culture?

I think you might have hit on a viable solution in the other thread with govt sponsored voluntary isolation chambers with free bread and circuses. Out of sight, out of mind. Worked for their parents.....
Culture is a social construct, and therefore racist. Why can't we all just become NPC's and get along?
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Doc wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:00 pm
Culture is a social construct, and therefore racist. Why can't we all just become NPC's and get along?

NPC???

Non-Person of Color?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Simple Minded wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:13 am
Doc wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:00 pm

NPC???

Non-Person of Color?
Non Player Character.

Miss_Faucie_Fishtits

Post by Miss_Faucie_Fishtits »

A non-player character (NPC) is a video game character that is controlled by the game's artificial intelligence (AI) rather than by a gamer. Non-player characters serve a number of purposes in video games, including:
  • As plot device: NPCs can be used to advance the storyline.
  • For assistance: NPCs may act as partners to the gamer.
  • Game functions: NPCs often serve as save points, item stores, health regeneration points and so on.
https://www.techopedia.com/definition/1 ... racter-npc

Some do have their uses, especially for those of a certain demographic....'>.......

doc wrote:Culture is a social construct, and therefore racist. Why can't we all just become NPC's and get along?
Therefore you can mint NPC's all day if you make it attractive enough. That's the role of propa.... erhm, education....'>.....
She irons her jeans, she's evil.........
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Young White slaves of New Orleans. 1860’s.

https://www.vintag.es/2021/05/young-whi ... ryday)&m=1
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Apollonius

Post by Apollonius »

Saying "no" to black people - David Cole, Taki's Magazine, 11 May 2021
https://www.takimag.com/article/saying- ... ck-people/

The video that inspired this column:

3Jc0hakaUnM
Simple Minded

Post by Simple Minded »

Apollonius wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:52 pm Saying "no" to black people - David Cole, Taki's Magazine, 11 May 2021
https://www.takimag.com/article/saying- ... ck-people/

The video that inspired this column:

3Jc0hakaUnM
Fortunately, this special type of insanity has nothing to do with black people.

A weekend in jail watching 2 or 3 Chris Rock comedy skits over and over and over..... might be helpful.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Taki's Mag - Z Man | New Religion
A century later, a similar sort of frenzy has gripped America, but this time it is something of a religion rather than a fashion statement. Black people are being elevated to the status of magical beings, gods walking among us from whom we must seek both grace and forgiveness for the sins of the past. Last summer this worship of black people by the beautiful people burst forth with public foot-washing ceremonies.
What we have with this new religion is three main pillars. One is that black people are so special and precious, we must organize society to please them. Another pillar is that the condition of black people is not their fault, but the fault of white people and their white supremacy culture. The final pillar is that whites can only gain salvation by committing themselves to elimination of whiteness to the satisfaction of black people.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.