COVID-19 and Other Pandemics | Anarchy in the USA

This too shall pass.
Mr. Perfect

Re: The Potential Pandemic | Ebola, MERS, and other fears

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Just now looking into it. After 1.5 years. Wonder if they will stumble across Ivm-<censor>

Censorship isn't necessary
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

2 minutes of lies from the establishment.

Doc

Post by Doc »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:10 am 2 minutes of lies from the establishment.

Yeap all lies. The chance of vaccines ending the CCP Virus ZERO POINT ZERO
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

We interrupt the regularly scheduled conspiracy theory programming to bring you the weekly science-based epidemiological data bulletin:

coronavirus-data-explorer.png
coronavirus-data-explorer.png (601.87 KiB) Viewed 813 times
covid-vaccinations-vs-covid-death-rate.png
covid-vaccinations-vs-covid-death-rate.png (2.2 MiB) Viewed 813 times
covid-vaccinations-vs-covid-death-rate_2.png
covid-vaccinations-vs-covid-death-rate_2.png (1.51 MiB) Viewed 813 times

And last, but not least, Gibraltar, a current favourite of the social media twitless:

Gibraltar.jpg
Gibraltar.jpg (49.07 KiB) Viewed 812 times

Source: https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coro ... gibraltar/

An estimated 141.5% of the territories population have been vaccinated.
200% would mean that everyone in the territory has received two doses.
Not the most vaccinated place contrary to claims. Australia, Canada, and Japan are higher.

The efficacy of mRNA vaccinations in preventing death from COVID-19 viral infection is remarkable.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
Mr. Perfect

Post by Mr. Perfect »

Typhoon wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:10 am We interrupt the regularly scheduled conspiracy theory programming to bring you the weekly science-based epidemiological data:
I appreciate it. It's a regular reminder that masks, corporate shots and lockdowns don't work.

Could you point out some conspiracy theories? I think some of them are fun, but I haven't run into any Covid related ones.
The efficacy of mRNA vaccinations in preventing death from COVID-19 viral infection is remarkable.
It's a little better than a placebo, which is a start I guess. Certainly hard to choke down when the shot itself can also kill and maim you, but still amazed that people are willing to pay countless billions when a sugar pill can be competitive. To each their own, but maybe you guys should start paying out of pocket.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Mr. Perfect wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:08 am
Typhoon wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:10 am We interrupt the regularly scheduled conspiracy theory programming to bring you the weekly science-based epidemiological data:
I appreciate it. It's a regular reminder that masks, corporate shots and lockdowns don't work.
. . . in the USA [Chorus: "We're Number One!"].
Mr. Perfect wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:08 am Could you point out some conspiracy theories? I think some of them are fun, but I haven't run into any Covid related ones.
Any of one your COVID-19 related posts will do.
It's a little better than a placebo, which is a start I guess. Certainly hard to choke down when the shot itself can also kill and maim you, but still amazed that people are willing to pay countless billions when a sugar pill can be competitive. To each their own, but maybe you guys should start paying out of pocket.
It is an interesting aspect of human nature that true believers, regardless of their belief system, will repeatedly double down rather than consider the evidence staring them in the face.

Your response is typical. Ignore the evidence and repost a tweet from a social media twit with nothing to support the twitless claim.
May the gods preserve and defend me from self-righteous altruists; I can defend myself from my enemies and my friends.
noddy

Post by noddy »

That seems largely correct

we have never cured the flu, just regularly boosted against it to lower the death rates in the susceptible.

and in my country atleast, its part of the mandated list of vaccines for those working in public health.
ultracrepidarian
Parodite

Post by Parodite »

Indeed. SARS-Cov-2 and continuing offspring mutations are here to stay with all the other flu strands. Through vaccinations and natural immunity we will catch up with it in a few years. Other anti-viral drugs will be developed and proven effective and safe.

Entirely naturally evolved viruses that jump from animal to human will also happen on occasion and always be a threat. Some of them will be more infectious and lethal than sars-cov-2. The risk of viruses being toyed with in labs will also not disappear.

If I had to put money on the origins of sars-cov-2, it would be on a gain of function version of a horse bat virus created in Wuhan. But true or not doesn't make that much a difference, other than the worrying reality that politics has turned out to have been a very detrimental factor in handling the reality of this pandemic in every thinkable way.

As for vaccination, I don't care that much about anti-vaxxers; it is their choice and should be. To one way or other force/coerce people getting vaccinated is terrible overreach by the/a government setting a dangerous precedent. The costs far outweigh the benefits IMHO. If a government and its affiliated experts can't convince enough of the public to take two vaccine shots, with perhaps booster shots for the vulnerable to prevent serious illness and hospitalization.. probably means they are just doing a bad job. And we have to accept that many people just don't feel comfy with it, but since they are more a danger to themselves than to others why should I "care"?

Given that viruses and potential pandemics will continue to be around 4-ever, it would make sense if every country builds extra hospitals entirely configured to battle a new pandemic. To have patients treated in regular hospitals by regular staff doesn't make sense. Viruses are by no means the only killers and because of their contagious nature you would want them to stay out of your neighborhood as much as possible. Somewhere in the country side I'm sure there is space enough.

Masks: my reasonably informed bet is that only medical masks, used is specific and consistent ways have some considerable effect. Also effective is not to cough other people in the face and keep extra distance from others when you or they have symptoms that fit covid. Just common sense.
Deep down I'm very superficial
Doc

Post by Doc »

wrote:Typhoon post_id=156239 time=1637428426 user_id=57]
No .. The US at its highest point was number 6 in deaths per million
Currently it sits at number 17. It was at 20 but since winter is setting in in the northern states and people are staying indoors. Even the most vaccinated states are seeing an increase in infections and deaths.

Vaccines do not stop transmission. At least the ones we have so far. There is no practical way to eliminate COVID with Vaccines that we have at this time. But I do note that the leaders that are pushing them are also the people that thought sexual harassment is more serious than the deaths of 29,000 people from COVID

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDBYXIzlSYg

PDBYXIzlSYg

At this point the only reasonablt way to proceed is to protest those that are vulnerable and ro work to create as many cheap and effective anti-virals as possible

Here would be some interesting data to take. Plot average local temperature vs death rate per million vs vaccine rate. MY *Guess* is that the infection rate( and maybe the death rate) will be higher both by lower temperature and by vaccination rates.

IE because of the high transmission vaccines my be making the problem worse long term. In that it could be traning the CCP virus to adapt into something more effective "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger' " In nature only the strong survive"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3tRFayqVtk

N3tRFayqVtk
Mr. Perfect wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:08 am Could you point out some conspiracy theories? I think some of them are fun, but I haven't run into any Covid related ones.
Any of one your COVID-19 related posts will do.
It is an interesting aspect of human nature that true believers, regardless of their belief system, will repeatedly double down rather than consider the evidence staring them in the face.

Your response is typical. Ignore the evidence and repost a tweet from a social media twit with nothing to support the twitless claim.
"I fancied myself as some kind of god....It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out.” -- George Soros
Doc

Post by Doc »

Good to see you back Kmich.Also a most excellent Article
Last edited by Doc on Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Doc wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:22 pm
Currently it sits at number 17. It was at 20 but since winter is setting in in the northern states and people are staying indoors. Even the most vaccinated states are seeing an increase in infections and deaths.

. . .

PDBYXIzlSYg
I see. So the countries one should compare the US to are the E European countries still struggling with their cold war / communist and, in some cases, civil war legacies and Peru rather than W Europe, neighbour Canada [with its universal healthcare system, much derided by some 'Merkins], other Anglosphere nations such as New Zealand and Australia, Japan, and the rest of E Asia.

Okay . . .

coronavirus-data-explorer.png (651.63 KiB) Viewed 651 times

Belgium is also ironic, in an unfortunate way, given that Brussels is the capital of the Eurocracy.
noddy

Post by noddy »

Parodite wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:28 pm Indeed. SARS-Cov-2 and continuing offspring mutations are here to stay with all the other flu strands. Through vaccinations and natural immunity we will catch up with it in a few years. Other anti-viral drugs will be developed and proven effective and safe.

Entirely naturally evolved viruses that jump from animal to human will also happen on occasion and always be a threat. Some of them will be more infectious and lethal than sars-cov-2. The risk of viruses being toyed with in labs will also not disappear.

If I had to put money on the origins of sars-cov-2, it would be on a gain of function version of a horse bat virus created in Wuhan. But true or not doesn't make that much a difference, other than the worrying reality that politics has turned out to have been a very detrimental factor in handling the reality of this pandemic in every thinkable way.

As for vaccination, I don't care that much about anti-vaxxers; it is their choice and should be. To one way or other force/coerce people getting vaccinated is terrible overreach by the/a government setting a dangerous precedent. The costs far outweigh the benefits IMHO. If a government and its affiliated experts can't convince enough of the public to take two vaccine shots, with perhaps booster shots for the vulnerable to prevent serious illness and hospitalization.. probably means they are just doing a bad job. And we have to accept that many people just don't feel comfy with it, but since they are more a danger to themselves than to others why should I "care"?

Given that viruses and potential pandemics will continue to be around 4-ever, it would make sense if every country builds extra hospitals entirely configured to battle a new pandemic. To have patients treated in regular hospitals by regular staff doesn't make sense. Viruses are by no means the only killers and because of their contagious nature you would want them to stay out of your neighborhood as much as possible. Somewhere in the country side I'm sure there is space enough.

Masks: my reasonably informed bet is that only medical masks, used is specific and consistent ways have some considerable effect. Also effective is not to cough other people in the face and keep extra distance from others when you or they have symptoms that fit covid. Just common sense.
being vaccinated does still lower the amount of infection you spread - its not a complete stopper but their is a reduced factor of infection.

so I do understand that those who work in the medical industry , with at risk people, can be mandated to lower those risks, while the stats support it.

it seems my country is now pushing for all public facing people, like retail staff, to be mandated - I suspect this is a step too far, and should have been left to each business to act as it sees fit.

you are right too about the hospitals - we need to stop running them at maximum efficiency and have spare capacity in them for these kinds of things.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:13 am
Parodite wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:28 pm Indeed. SARS-Cov-2 and continuing offspring mutations are here to stay with all the other flu strands. Through vaccinations and natural immunity we will catch up with it in a few years. Other anti-viral drugs will be developed and proven effective and safe.

being vaccinated does still lower the amount of infection you spread - its not a complete stopper but their is a reduced factor of infection.

so I do understand that those who work in the medical industry , with at risk people, can be mandated to lower those risks, while the stats support it.

it seems my country is now pushing for all public facing people, like retail staff, to be mandated - I suspect this is a step too far, and should have been left to each business to act as it sees fit.

you are right too about the hospitals - we need to stop running them at maximum efficiency and have spare capacity in them for these kinds of things.
I have seen nothing that indicates being vaccinated and getting COVID makes you less contagious. All we know is the vaccine lessons the chance of getting COVID and the symptoms for a while if you get it . That is it. We were told that once you get the vaccine thats it you don''t have to worry about getting it any more. Now in some parts there is talk of mandatory booster shots.

So it is not productive to assume anything at this point.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Typhoon wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:47 am
Doc wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:22 pm

. . .

PDBYXIzlSYg
I see. So the countries one should compare the US to are the E European countries still struggling with their cold war / communist and, in some cases, civil war legacies and Peru rather than W Europe, neighbour Canada [with its universal healthcare system, much derided by some 'Merkins], other Anglosphere nations such as New Zealand and Australia, Japan, and the rest of E Asia.

Okay . . .

Belgium is also ironic, in an unfortunate way, given that Brussels is the capital of the Eurocracy.
Difference is Death rates US VS many western European country is trivial IE less than 10%. I presume that most EU countries didn't put COVID positive patients in nursing homes like so many Democrat governors did here.

The US Canadian border was shut down pretty early and most air flight between Canada and everywhere else go through connections in US.

Early on the US had much lower infection rate than Europe. The infections came from Europe because European countries bowed to CCP pressure not to close their bounders "Because it was racist"

But let me ask a related question based on in part my previous reply.

COVID spreads very effectively from people showing no signs of infection. Then it goes on to kill people later. IF the virus transmits so easily why does it also kill so many when from an evolutionary perspective it can evolve, right from the start, and thrive very easily without killing its host?
noddy

Post by noddy »

if i drink drive, i double my chance of killing someone

the vax provides better stats than that.

we setup roadocks to bloodtest for drunk drivers and then destroy their lives with fines and removal of drivers licenses in countries that require cars to get to work.

the stats for second hand smoke are even less deadly, yet they are banned from all public and indoor spaces and taxed massively.

the pro vax people see the anti vax people in those terms.
ultracrepidarian
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:57 am if i drink drive, i double my chance of killing someone

the vax provides better stats than that.

we setup roadocks to bloodtest for drunk drivers and then destroy their lives with fines and removal of drivers licenses in countries that require cars to get to work.

the stats for second hand smoke are even less deadly, yet they are banned from all public and indoor spaces and taxed massively.

the pro vax people see the anti vax people in those terms.
Let me put it this way Noddy. A few months ago Australia had no cases of COVID Then as I recall a few cases got into the country. So in effect you had a few drunk drivers or a few smokers got into the country.

As of today you have 199,651 total cases there. 482 in the last 24 hours. From the few cases that got in.

Now look at New Zealand where (at least the last time I saw) NO CASES got into the country. They have about 10,000 cases there in total. A few months ago there were no cases. No cases were reported entering the country that were not quarantined at the point of entry. The theory was that the covid was in a zoonotic reservoir. Probably a dog when the outbreak occurred. (There are a total of 18 people in New Zealand with unknown sources of getting infected. All the other 10,000 + cases came from those 18.

So you and New Zealand, respectively, have in effect drunk travelers driving Atomic ICBMs, and suit case nukes mines in the form of second hand smoking dogs. How long do you think you can keep that up?

The death rate is spread primarily over the upper reaches of human demographics. This was known right from the start.

When the CCP virus first got to the US there were older people that were saying maybe they should take their chances with the pandemic to the benefit of their grandchildren rather than do a shut down.

Everyone is going to get COVID sooner or later. In the US they are talking about vaccinating children 5 to 11 who have a greater chance of dying from COVID Vaccines then COVID itself. In their case the "cure" all six months of it, is worse than the disease. Should they get boosters as well after six months? Are you going to shoot every animal you see down there because they might have COVID?
noddy

Post by noddy »

i believe you are 100% mistaken. but doesnt matter.

i also believe middle class australia is scary and im as far away from it as i can practicably be.

we can resurrect this argument in 6 months when australia goes back into winter.

a proper tally of whos predictions and fears came true, and whos didnt can then be made.

for now, its all just babble.
ultracrepidarian
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

998FB364-34C8-47AE-8C26-1090B495B772.jpeg
998FB364-34C8-47AE-8C26-1090B495B772.jpeg (71.28 KiB) Viewed 589 times
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Doc

Post by Doc »

noddy wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:39 am i believe you are 100% mistaken. but doesnt matter.

i also believe middle class australia is scary and im as far away from it as i can practicably be.

we can resurrect this argument in 6 months when australia goes back into winter.

a proper tally of whos predictions and fears came true, and whos didnt can then be made.

for now, its all just babble.
0.00004% of Australians have died from COVID. And you now have Democracy with CCP characterists.

People are being arrested for crimes like eating lunch on the roof of their apartment building and going to church. People are encouraged to turn others in for violating COVID rules.

That is nuts.
Doc

Post by Doc »

The truth about the "tooth and gum disease" pandemic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czu11HmhfAY

Czu11HmhfAY
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:30 pm
998FB364-34C8-47AE-8C26-1090B495B772.jpeg
998FB364-34C8-47AE-8C26-1090B495B772.jpeg (71.28 KiB) Viewed 542 times
Bogus misinformation - a quack plot - abject nonsense from some 'Merkin who knows nothing about the medical system in Japan.
In fact, this individual know nothing about medicine or epidemiology - full stop.
While the chairman of the Tokyo Medical Association, Haruo Ozaki, had recommended the use of ivermectin on COVID-19 patients,
neither he nor the organization is associated with the Japanese government.

The group is akin to the American Medical Association in the United States.
It can make suggestions, but cannot enact government policies, according to its parent organization, the Japan Medical Association.

Ivermectin is not listed by the Japanese government as an approved medicine to treat COVID-19.
Once again, ivermectin is not approved for use in COVID-19 cases in Japan.
Nor it is being prescribed off-label [in secret or whatever] - that is not how the medical system works in Japan.

Japan PDMA | Approved Medical Products for COVID-19

Japan - National Institute of Infectious Diseases | Current Situation of [COVID-19] Infection, November 9, 2021

Anyone who needs validation for their belief in the miraculous anti-viral properties of the anti-parasitic drug ivermectin should find another country - ivermectin is not being used in Japan to treat COVID-19.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:16 pm Nice summary of an independent VAERS analysis.

https://stevekirsch.substack.com/p/new- ... s-hundreds
Science-based medicine | The misuse and abuse of meta-analyses
The meta-analysis has been misused and weaponized to promote dubious COVID-19 treatments.
Nonc Hilaire

Post by Nonc Hilaire »

Typhoon wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:30 pm
Nonc Hilaire wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:16 pm Nice summary of an independent VAERS analysis.

The meta-analysis has been misused and weaponized to promote dubious COVID-19 treatments.
Not dubious at all. The clinical evidence is overpowering, and the early controlled research is promising. https://www.thelancet.com/journals/ecli ... X/fulltext

People must have the freedom to choose their treatment, and the censorship of ivermectin, hcq and other treatments is immoral.
“Christ has no body now but yours. Yours are the eyes through which he looks with compassion on this world. Yours are the feet with which he walks among His people to do good. Yours are the hands through which he blesses His creation.”

Teresa of Ávila
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:04 pm
Typhoon wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:30 pm

Not dubious at all. The clinical evidence is overpowering, and the early controlled research is promising. https://www.thelancet.com/journals/ecli ... X/fulltext
Any small single clinical trial is not proof of anything.

BMJ | Misleading clinical evidence and systematic reviews on ivermectin for COVID-19

Nonc Hilaire wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:04 pm People must have the freedom to choose their treatment, and the censorship of ivermectin, hcq and other treatments is immoral.
There is no censorship of ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine, and other "magic bullets". At least not in the scientific literature.
What exists is controversy over the veracity and quality of the medical opinions and clinical trials used as bases for claims.

Please make your own healthcare decisions, as they are your concern and responsibility, not mine.

However, I would appreciate it if you refrained from reposting bogus claims from clueless quacks about COVID-19 public health measures in japan.